Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11456 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
- When a self appointed MOG or Pastor comes to you and says God told him to tell you such and such - beware
- When a self appointed MOG or Pastor comes to you and says God told him to tell you not to marry him or her - beware
- When a self appointed MOG or Pastor comes to you and says your enemies want to kill you and you need to perform certain rites such as fasting etc - beware
- When a self appointed MOG or Pastor comes to you and says he saw a dream about you or even a vision and some action is necessary - beware
- When a self appointed MOG or Pastor comes to you and says that God told him/her to tell you to restart or increase your tithing - beware
- When a self appointed MOG or Pastor pronounces a 30 days fast in church because God told him to - beware
- When a When a self appointed MOG or Pastor tells the congregation that he spoke with Jesus physically the night before - beware

etc etc

Basically what he is trying to tell you is he has a special relationship with God that you do not have and because of this special position , God would rather talk to him directly on your behalf instead of coming to you. It also means you are insignificant in the eyes of GOD and need special gurus to intercede for you which is really no different from the priest in the catholic church or babalawo in the shrine.

Let me tell you something, if you have the Holy Spirit, you do not need any mere man to tell you that God said do this or do that or go here , marry him or her etc etc. God speaks to his children directly, he loves us and wants a one on one relationship with us.

The intermediary is Jesus Christ , he said he will never leave us or forsake us because of his presence with us all the time through the Holy Spirit.

Be careful who you listen to , stop esteeming men more than their true worth , go to you father in prayer directly. Stop pandering to men who have been elevated to god-like status by dumb sheep.

8 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Demainman1: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
I agree with you 100%
I don't bother with Men of god. I bother with God directly

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demain_man: I agree with you 100%
I don't bother with Men of god. I bother with God directly

Bro, do u hav an assembly (Christian gathering) whr u fellowship regularly?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
The moment a supposed man of God says "god told me", he is indirectly saying no one can argue or ask questions or prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ah agree wit u but just 50%...believe me ah gat ma reasons
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Better still, everything a man of God says will be checked from the Word,
but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is
good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 NLT
And from my inner peace
And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from
Christ rule (act as umpire
continually) in your hearts
[deciding and settling with
finality all questions that arise in
your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of
Christ’s] one body you were
also called [to live]. Col 3:15 AMP

4 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by wonlasewonimi: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Are you saying when Daddy GO says something in like manner we shouldn't believe him?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Demainman1: 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, do u hav an assembly (Christian gathering) whr u fellowship regularly?

Yes. My priest does not tell me that God say do this or that. I go to God myself.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi: Are you saying when Daddy GO says something in like manner we shouldn't believe him?

The idea that some have the corner on the market when it comes to God is wrong. If he says anything that contend or contradict the Holy Scriptures then the word of God must take absolute precedence.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
When you are part of a group of believers or church, there definitely must be one who is appointed as head. Therefore, God relates with the one appointed to be the head on issues relating to the group/church. However, he relates, with every one on a personal level as sons. But to those appointed, he relates to them personally and to the group/church. And for everything he will tell the leader about anyone, it will only a confirmation of what the Holy Spirit is bringing the way of the believer.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by vickyO(f): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
God also speaks to us through his prophets. Just test the spirit behind the prophecy.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135: When you are part of a group of believers or church, there definitely must be one who is appointed as head. Therefore, God relates with the one appointed to be the head on issues relating to the group/church. However, he relates, with every one on a personal level as sons. But to those appointed, he relates to them personally and to the group/church. And for everything he will tell the leader about anyone, it will only a confirmation of what the Holy Spirit has bringing the way of the believer.

Wrong.

In the early church, elders were appointed not heads, and they were to care for the sheep and bring them into maturity so that they themselves will become true disciples of Jesus.

Most Apostles were really travelling evangelists who went from city to city setting up churches ( not denominations ) and appointed elders in the plural.

Also , if you read Pauls letters, he never addressed them to the Pastor , it was always to the church , saints and elders.

There is only one head and that is Jesus, the rest are simply siblings each with his own ministry and gift which he must exercise for the benefit of the saints.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
And i tend to some extent agree with the OP wrote up there about self appointed prophets. The only question is, what is his balanced and most safest criteria for detecting this self appointed prophets.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by vickyO(f): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135: And i tend to some extent agree with the OP wrote up there about self appointed prophets. The only question is, what is his balanced and most safest criteria for detecting this self appointed prophets.
The Holy Spirit
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2013
frosbel:

Wrong.

In the early church, elders were appointed not heads, and they were to care for the sheep and bring them into maturity so that they themselves will become true disciples of Jesus.

Most Apostles were really travelling evangelists who went from city to city setting up churches ( not denominations ) and appointed elders in the plural.

Also , if you read Pauls letters, he never addressed them to the Pastor , it was always to the church , saints and elders.

There is only one head and that is Jesus, the rest are simply siblings each with his own ministry and gift which he must exercise for the benefit of the saints.
Wrong.
We might as well say it was improper for God to give the apostles special knowledge about the body of Christ. He should have transmitted it to each believer instead since he relates with us alone.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
Can someone tell me why Paul never addressed his letters to the Pastor ( if such a title even existed )

Ephesians 1
New International Version (NIV)
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,

To God’s holy people in Ephesus,[a] the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,

2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,

2 To God’s holy people in Colossae, the faithful brothers and sisters[a] in Christ:

Grace and peace to you from God our Father.[b]

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Wrong.
We might as well say it was improper for God to give the apostles special knowledge about the body of Christ. He should have transmitted it to each believer instead since he relates with us alone.

special knowledge

There is no such thing.

""Don't let anyone call you 'Rabbi,' for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters." - Matthew 23:8

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi: Are you saying when Daddy GO says something in like manner we shouldn't believe him?

who is daddy GO ?

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
The Holy Spirit
Ha! Things could go extreme with this. Every one will say he heard the Holy Spirit and this could result in a thousand different answers.
The Holy Spirit bears witness to the Word.
he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. John 14:26
I need an answer from the Word.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Wrong.

We should have little confidence/poise in those people who speak of having received direct revelations 
from the Lord, as though he appeared otherwise than by and through the sacred scriptures. His word 
is so full, so perfect, that for God to make any fresh revelation/expośe to you or me is quite needless.

Paul would then tell Timothy to teach nothing else (no chance for God said to me) but the word that he had taught him.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
frosbel:

special knowledge

There is no such thing.

""Don't let anyone call you 'Rabbi,' for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters." - Matthew 23:8
Don't try to play on words, you know what i meant. Okay, aptly put, why did God not teach every believer, why must it have to be through the apostles who were men? After all, every one had access to God, every one should pray and wait for God to teach him.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by plaetton: 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
C'mom Frosbel.
Which one you de sef?

By what other means do you expect these hordes of glorfied parasites to live off other people?.
You are ignoring the human dynamics of control and social engineering.

It's a confidence game.
These fraudsters cannot be able to defraud if they do not make you believe that they have something that you do not have.
That is just the simple name of game.

Religion is a never-ending tragedy of misplaced trust.

Everyone who calls him or herself a MOG, pastor, priest, prophet, etc is a fraudster.
It's all a confidence (CON) game.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 4:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135: Better still, everything a man of God says will be checked from the Word,
but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is
good. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 NLT
And from my inner peace
And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from
Christ rule (act as umpire
continually) in your hearts
[deciding and settling with
finality all questions that arise in
your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of
Christ’s] one body you were
also called [to live]. Col 3:15 AMP
Thanks so much for these verses,it just helped me advice someone. This is really true. We are to test every spirit by the Word of God ofcourse for it is one of the three witness on earth and has to agree.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

We should have little confidence/poise in those people who speak of having received direct revelations from the Lord, as though he appeared otherwise than by and through the sacred scriptures. His word is so full, so perfect, that for God to make any fresh revelation/expośe to you or me is quite needless.

Paul would then tell Timothy to teach nothing else (no chance for God said to me) but the word that he had taught him.
I get you. The original post was not talking in essence about teaching , he was talking about if a prophet says. I can get a revelation as about the problem some one is facing for whom I have been interceding. That does no harm. No one should teach on what any one feels but what is in the Word.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by vickyO(f): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Ha! Things could go extreme with this. Every one will say he heard the Holy Spirit and this could result in a thousand different answers.
The Holy Spirit bears witness to the Word.
he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. John 14:26
I need an answer from the Word.
Paul said we should test the spirit of prophets cause the false ones will surely come. by their fruits you shall know them. there will be something they will say or do that will reveal their identity. just like one man came to me before i became sensitive to the spirit. he told me some true random stuff but i realized he wasn't hitting the nail on the head. when i told him i doubted his words he told me to spit on my palm and surprisingly it appeared on the other side. he later told me the Bible says heaven helps those who help themselves. at the end of the day he duped me.................... if i was more sensitive to the spirit then, i wouldn't have fallen prey............
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Thanks so much for these verses,it just helped me advice someone. This is really true. We are to test every spirit by the Word of God ofcourse for it is one of the three witness on earth and has to agree.

Very well, we should not be in a haste to discard anything. We should test it first.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO:
Paul said we should test the spirit of prophets cause the false ones will surely come. by their fruits you shall know them. there will be something they will say or do that will reveal their identity. just like one man came to me before i became sensitive to the spirit. he told me some true random stuff but i realized he wasn't hitting the nail on the head. when i told him i doubted his words he told me to spit on my palm and surprisingly it appeared on the other side. he later told me the Bible says heaven helps those who help themselves. at the end of the day he duped me.................... if i was more sensitive to the spirit then, i wouldn't have fallen prey............
I get you. But you very well have not provided clear cut, proven ways of detecting "self appointed prophets". I guess you let the OP do justice to that.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by vickyO(f): 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
I get you. But you very well have not provided clear cut, proven ways of detecting "self appointed prophets". I guess you let the OP do justice to that.
OK then................FROSBEL, we await your explanation///
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by vickyO(f): 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Very well, we should not be in a haste to discard anything. We should test it first.
yeah, true talk......... i wish all Christians could be like you man........ people of understanding
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Wrong.
Paul says those in the five fold ministry are gifts to the church:

Ephesans 4:11-13
11 Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers.
12 Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ.
13 This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ.

So we are to test every spirit and let us be led right to the ministers that are of God.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
I get you. The original post was not talking in essence about teaching , he was talking about if a prophet says. I can get a revelation as about the problem some one is facing for whom I have been interceding. That does no harm. No one should teach on what any one feels but what is in the Word.
I did not in anyway talk about teaching specifically either.

what makes u feel whatever revelation you get about anyone is of God?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
frosbel:

Wrong.

I am with frosbel on this one.

This is another place were the New Covenant is distinct from the Old. Those who still interpret the New in the light of the Old will have difficulty comprehending this. In the old there was one man, who led the pack. Example, Moses. In the New, Hebrew 1:1 shows us that that God spoke to us through men in those day but now, He is speaking to us through His Son Jesus Christ. That we have the Spirit of God indwelling us, shows us that God wants to lead His people Himself and not through men.

And I always have to resort back to one of the three primary doctrines that came forth from the Reformation: The Priesthood of all Believers. Christ is the High Priest, we are all priests! We do not need anyone to tell us thus said the Lord; for the Lord is already speaking to His people. If God will send a man to speak to me, it will only be as a confirmation of what He is already saying to me; and it will be inline with God's word, the Bible.

We are in dangerous times my friends; John said many spirits have gone into the world. If they had many in his days, we have a legion in our day; the need to be extremely discerning is so paramount. The truest minister of God's word today is not the one who has a thus saith the Lord for every member of his congregation but the one who leads every member of the congregation to the Lord Himself, through the Holy Spirit, to hear what the Lord is saying to them, individually.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Truth About Head Covering For Christian Women / Spiritual Counseling/ Spiritism And Other Related Matters / Benson Idahosa's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.