Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,743 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:06 PM

Help!! He's different on nairaland - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!! He's different on nairaland (10633 Views)

Pls Help: He Wants To Marry A Runs Girl. / Please Help He's Frustrated And I'm Worried He Might Do Something Really Crazy / Help! He Can't Beat His Wife Anymore (She Learnt Karate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! He's different on nairaland by Lizzy651: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have this guy I've been dating(courting) for a while now. We met on nairaland a few years ago and slowly and surely it became a full blown relationship. But I've always had a little issue about the relationship, I try to ignore but it still bothers me. His moniker on nairaland is completely different from his real personality offline. On here, he's very macho, he flirts, he curses, supports cheating and etc. In short, he's everything I hate in a man on, nairaland. But in the real world, he's my perfect man (well, almost).

Anytime I table the matter to him, he says I'm over-reacting, and his character on here is just an alter ego.

The relationship is getting to the tying-the-knot stage. Is his alter ego his true self that he's waiting to unleash or .......??
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lizzy651: Hello everyone,

I have this guy I've been dating(courting) for a while now. We met on nairaland a few years ago and slowly and surely it became a full blown relationship. But I've always had a little issue about the relationship, I try to ignore but it still bothers me. His moniker on nairaland is completely different from his real personality offline. On here, he's very macho, he flirts, he curses, supports cheating and etc. In short, he's everything I hate in a man on, nairaland. But in the real world, he's my perfect man (well, almost).

Anytime I table the matter to him, he says I'm over-reacting, and his character on here is just an alter ego.

The relationship is getting to the tying-the-knot stage. Is his alter ego his true self that he's waiting to unleash or .......??

Let me guess . . .

Pataki undecided tongue
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
No Coogar . .

3 Likes

Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Lizzy651: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
Neither. no piece of advice? I need help here I'm really bothered.
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
RedBenson tongue
190 tongue

1 Like

Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lizzy651: Neither. no piece of advice? I need help here I'm really bothered.

Tell us who! tongue lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by borntobegr8t(m): 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
why are u bothered?,would you have prefered it,if he was otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by weazley(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
yes tell us who cool
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2013

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resits! embarassed embarassed

First of all, Nld is an anonymous forum, people tend to 'let themselves go' when nobody knows who they are.

You are right to be concerned but the truth remains that you alone know who this man really is. He could be acting out an alter ego, he could be misleading us Nlders . . . he could also be showing another very real side of him. . . .

We Nlders can only guess because we don't really know him.

If you are not comfortable with who he is, you need to put a brake on the relationship/marriage plans.

Have a discussion with him and make him understand what your values are and be sure the both of you are on the same page.

But if you tell me who is he, I can tell you if he's faking his Nld-personality or nor . . . wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: why are u bothered?,would you have prefered it,if he was otherwise

Are you the man in question per chance undecided
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by EfemenaXY: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lizzy651: Hello everyone,

You are aware that he's probably gonna read this post of yours?

Ujujoan:

Let me guess . . .

Pataki undecided tongue

Oh my goodness! shocked shocked

It must be our sagalicious Sagamite! grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by EfemenaXY: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ujujoan:

grin grin grin
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by 190: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
undecided
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by 7footre(m): 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
190, Bushy anus or Austeenx! Which one op?
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
190: yes its me 190 grin

You're getting married? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by borntobegr8t(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ujujoan:

NOOOOO OOO!!!,i dont even know 1 single babe here,but i get one wey i dey EYE
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Oh my goodness! shocked shocked

It must be our sagalicious Sagamite! grin grin grin lipsrsealed

Can't be Sagalicious oh . . . his wife to be has already got him wrapped around her tiny fingers! cool cool

I still think it's Pataki . . . his madness on Nld will get anyone confused! angry cheesy
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ujujoan:

Can't be Sagalicious oh . . . his wife to be has already got him wrapped around her tiny fingers! cool cool

I still think it's Pataki . . . his madness on Nld will get anyone confused! angry cheesy

I doubt the guy is a family section poster. She wldn't av brought the topic here. She evn created a new handle to open the thread. undecided
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Lizzy651: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
born_to_be_gr8t: why are u bothered?,would you have prefered it,if he was otherwise

He's the "women-are b1tches" kind of man on NL and he's the "I adore my woman" kind of man offline.
Honestly it's very hard to be comfortable with this alter ego nonsense. I've tried avoiding his posts and all but it doesn't change the fact that he has a very bad alter ego.

Ujujoan:

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resits! embarassed embarassed

First of all, Nld is an anonymous forum, people tend to 'let themselves go' when nobody knows who they are.

You are right to be concerned but the truth remains that you alone know who this man really is. He could be acting out an alter ego, he could be misleading us Nlders . . . he could also be showing another very real side of him. . . .

We Nlders can only guess because we don't really know him.

If you are not comfortable with who he is, you need to put a brake on the relationship/marriage plans.

Have a discussion with him and make him understand what your values are and be sure the both of you are on the same page.

But if you tell me who is he, I can tell you if he's faking his Nld-personality or nor . . . wink cheesy

Lol Thank you. If I was you too, I would want to know who the man is but I can't tell, for obvious reasons. Sorry.

I've talked about it o. Plenty times. It's always the same thing "I'm over-reacting".
I actually said he's character is like that on NL becomes he wants to make himself appear unavailable to women that may want to chase him. Lol

Is that reasonable or plain ridiculous?
I don't want to lose a beautiful friend because I'm being hyper-sensitive, but at the same time this alter ego business is .....
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by borntobegr8t(m): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
alutacontinua:

I doubt the guy is a family section poster. She wldn't av brought the topic here. She evn created a new handle to open the thread. undecided
Ujujoan:

CURIOUSITY KILLED THE CAT O!!!
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Lizzy651: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
Efemena_xy:

That's not a problem. I'm actually waiting for his input. grin
He'll be fine, he's my buddy.
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by ammyluv2002(f): 2:50pm On Nov 19, 2013
My dear, pls dont give yourself headache. grin He's just having his fun here so just let it go. Most guys paint a different picture of who they really are online just to get attention.
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lizzy651:

He's the "women-are b1tches" kind of man on NL and he's the "I adore my woman" kind of man offline.
Honestly it's very hard to be comfortable with this alter ego nonsense. I've tried avoiding his posts and all but it doesn't change the fact that he has a very bad alter ego.

Lol Thank you. If I was you too, I would want to know who the man is but I can't tell, for obvious reasons. Sorry.

I've talked about it o. Plenty times. It's always the same thing "I'm over-reacting".
I actually said he's character is like that on NL becomes he wants to make himself appear unavailable to women that may want to chase him. Lol

I don't want to lose a beautiful friend because I'm being hyper-sensitive, but at the same time this alter ego business is .....

Create a bad alter-ego too! cool
Turn to a baaaaaaaaddddddd gooooooodddddddddd feminist! wink

1 Like

Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
Lizzy651:

You have nothing to worry about nah . . . you've known him for a while and you must have known by now if he was pretending.

Maybe he really thinks most women are bitches but sees you as someone different and worth his every devotion and love.

Take me for example, I come off as a hard core feminist and a no-nonsense b***h here on Nld. I can also be that way in real life but not to the man I love. When I'm in love, I'm completely docile and calm . . . . . some might even call me a push-over! embarassed embarassed

But if the man ever decides to take that for granted, he'll see the other side of me.

So you are in luck, and least you now know how he can be if you ever mess up! cool cool
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
alutacontinua:

Create a bad alter-ego too! cool
Turn to a baaaaaaaaddddddd gooooooodddddddddd feminist! wink

Lol . . . that will show him! grin grin
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Gboliwe: 3:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
You fell in love with this his nairaland personality so why are you worried now?
Anyway, ask Ogugua88 how she is still in love with Sexkillz even though she claims he has split personality. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by ireneidiva(f): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
Abeg what is his name?
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by dayokanu(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Uju is your husband personality the same as his NL personalty?
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Lizzy651: 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gboliwe:
You fell in love with this his nairaland personality so why are you worried now?
Anyway, ask Ogugua88 how she is still in love with Sexkillz even though she claims he has split personality. tongue

Sorry but how does that make sense ? Why would I "fall in love" with his yeye alter ego and turn around to say I'm no more in love.

Before I jammed him on NL, I didn't know he existed. While he was toasting me (lol) offline, his posts on NL were very normal. But after he "got the girl" he got really comfortable with his moniker. However, he's still the same good man offline.

1 Like

Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by greedie1(f): 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
definitely 190 grin
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by sexymoma(f): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Cork... ah ah 190 is romantic kiss
It should be that cork man.

My dear sister are you getting married to that man on NL or you are getting married to that man that asked you out offline
Are you getting married to that man that flirts and rain curses on Nl or you getting married to that perfect man in the real world.

you should be lucky that he is not vice versa of it.
What if he supports cheating, flirt and rain curses in the real world what would you have done and he is one perfect gentle man on NL tell me what would you have done.
Re: Help!! He's different on nairaland by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
I already know the guy. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Disposable Or Washable Diaper Which Is Better / The Best Age To Start Having Babies. / His, Hers Or Ours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.