Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Fighting Back! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fighting Back! (78697 Views)

THE PURITAN....A Story Of Love,treason,freedom Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
FIGHTING BACK

All rights reserved. Utilization of this work in whole or part in any form by electronic, mechanical or other means now known or hereafter invented is forbidden without the permission of the copyright owner. You contact me via ugbajaesther@gmail.com.
Thank you.

I'm opened to constructive criticism, compliment and your patience. Thanks.

ONE

Hester Douglas Tobechuckwu looked down the second compartment of the stairs wearily. She paused momentarily and then taking each step gracefully, she alighted the stairs. She entered the exquisite sitting room, impeccably designed and furnished, also depicting the status of its owner. 'Good evening Dad.'

'What's popping Beauty? ' Douglas Tobechukwu winked at her. He was seated in his favorite sofa, he set his IPad on a side table.

'Dad …' She drawled sweetly, ' I wonder what your younger days were like, I'm sure you must have ignited many hearts and took to your heels.'

He chuckled. 'You're right dearest! It did earn me the love of a one time beauty queen of the Universe.' He head for the bar. 'You know dear, it is not easy then as it is now for you to marry a beauty queen.'

She nodded and watched as her Dad brought out two wine glass cups.

'You wouldn't mind chilling with me?' He poured the wine.

'I don't mind chilling with you but I do mind the wine.'

'Oh …Agatha wouldn't have. ' He shrugged, 'I shouldn't forget that since that is one of the peculiarities of my Beauty. ' He settled across her.

'How is my country's bank ?' She sat back still retaining her smile.

'Doing excellently well.' He grinned before sipping his wine. '

'That can be attributed to the guy in charge giving it his best shots. ' Hester beamed.

'You can say that again and again and again! ' He smiled warmly. 'You shouldn't have missed that party Hester, I actually believed I had succeeded in convincing you until the last minute. I met old friends, dignitaries and it would have been same for you. It was the best have attended in a long time.' Douglas place the glass on the side table. 'All you need do is to ask your sis, I am sure she won't stop talking. We all had fun darl.'

'Daddy, there are something's that don't matter to me,' She met her father's gaze,'Probably for now because I don't need them. Her voice was serene but emphatic.

'All my friends who have met you couldn't help but spread words …they all wanted to meet the central bank governor's younger daughter. I would have loved to show you off and dance with you for a change. ' He feigned sadness.

'It's Okay Dad. ' There was a sparkle in her eyes.

'I wanted to talk time you last night but when we came back, you were asleep. 'Did you get my gift? '

She nodded in reply.

He searched her expression. ' I'm certain you've not opened it, it contains a bouquet of flowers, balloons and your favorite chocolate. '

'You never forget my childhood trend that is always in vogue with me.' Her smile was broad displaying her set of white teeth. 'Thank you daddy. '

'You're so welcome Beauty. ' He took a sip. 'Some people are supposed to taking turns treating you like the Princess you're.'

'What do you mean? ' She narrowed her brows.

'Male friend, male friends. '

'Aww! ' She chuckled. 'Male friend, male friends, singular and plural? Daddy! ' She chided before laughing.

'Pardon me dear. ' He rubbed his forehead with his left fingers. 'But you know you can have them.'

'Never changing Dad, how hilarious! I do have a good mind of dropping on my Knees and laughing long and hard.' Her smile returned. 'When I left the shores of Nigeria, we never had this line of conversation but now I am back after so many years, all grown, he tells me I can have a male friend. I do have friends Dad, you should have visited me in Hollywood. '

'You can also have friends here 'cause your beauty radiates.'

'Yeah right Dad! I understand that perfectly but no …don't start. ' She waved her right index finger with a grim.

'Hmmmm …' He was thoughtful for a while. ' I remember the day you tagged as "the highest joke day ". I said -Darling hold on and listen to this and you were like - Daddy don't start again Okay? ' He tried to micmick her demonstrating too.

She beamed remembering.

'Then I dropped a bit of this and that, you chuckled. When I finally dropped the joke like it's hot, you laughed long and hard. Your mum came in and asked you to Stop but you continued like she was the object of your amusement. '

"Oh honey, I have told you to stop this your endless jokes, what have you told her now? Oh my God! Hester would you stop laughing and listen to me … I can't believe this." She panicked as tears filled your eyes and came rolling down. "Stop this very minute! " She gave her me her - if look can kill gaze. I still shudder when I remember her gaze '

Hester laugh more at his gestures

He continued. ''your sides will ache badly if you don't stop. Why are you staring at me like you don't know you've done! call the doctor. " What do I tell him I asked afraid. Keep asking me, keep asking me! Hester if you don't Stop laughing, I will spank you! "
'She did just that and I try to refrain her. Eventually you started crying and laughing. Your mum pulled you to your feet and then you slumped, the laughter ending too. I carried you and you said - Oh, my sides are aching me, my head hurt …Oh my body! Mummy please carry me. ' He said with a high pitched voice.

Hester burst into laughter.

'Mummy actually threatened me right on my recovery bed, if I see you with your Dad, I will lock you in one of the store house for a month and because she was so serious, I believed her. Anytime I heard your voice, I fled. ' She laughed.

'It's my turn to say don't start. ' Her Dad laughed.

'I won't, I promise. ' She ended her laughter and stood. She covered the distance between them and took his hands. ' That was like yesterday Dad. while I was away, you're the one I miss the most. ' She embraced him. ' I love you very much Dad. ' She pecked him on both cheeks.

'I love you too Princess. ' He whispered.

'Goodnight Daddy, sleep well. ' She peck him once more.

'That's for sure Princess, dream of me. ' He watched her leave all in smiles.

Hester eyes glisten as she head for the stairs. She love her Dad!

++++++

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:08am On Nov 20, 2013

For goodness sakes! You know too well that this is the twentieth century, the jet age. That doesn't exist anymore!'Hester bobbed her head from side to side.

Douglas regard her calmly. 'You know Princess, I know what is good for you. '

'Truthfully Dad, I know what is best for me more than anyone else.'

'You need one to contribute to your moving on.'

She glared at him. 'That's pathetic! It's simply pathetic for a female to consider a male important to her moving on. It solely depends on the person and the Big man above. ' She stood and her arms went akimbo. 'Dad when I told you about not needing somethings the other day, an intimate male friend is one of such. Right now, am done arguing with you.' She grabbed a shawl from her bed and turned to leave.

'Don't …don't darling, that is disrespect and you know better. ' Douglas stated not offended.

Hester turn on a heel to face him. 'How else do I explain the way I feel? ' She opened both palms before her sad.

He exhaled. 'Princess are you not interested in knowing who the guy is? '

'Daddy, I don't care. ' She returned almost in a whisper.

'Come on darling, how about his name? '

'I - don't -care.' She repeated slowly and emphatically.

'Aww darl! You have to learn how to start caring. '

She rolled her eyes and shifted her weight from one feet to the other. 'How more ridiculous can this get! ' She gave a short laugh. 'I care about you, I care about mum, I care about Agatha, I care about …'

'Get interested Hester! '

'Okay …okay. 'She nodded slowly. 'Fine.' She exhaled. 'Who is this guy? '

'Oladimeji Adeniyi Gbolahan.' He said carefully and singularly.

'Wow! ' She beamed and began demonstrating. 'Those names sound like that of a machine gun …' She used her fingers to pose as guns. 'Keke kekekeeke! They sound like the swerving of a mighty sword -waawaww waawaawaaa! They sound like …'

He went wide eyed. 'Darling! ' He chided softly.

She frowned. 'How come you're stopping me? '

It dawned on him that she might not know. 'He is the president's son.'

'Oh! Oh …' She went to sit on the bed before laughing merrily. 'I get it. Wow Sir, the CBN Governor, Daddy, thank you so much for the effort …' She met his gaze. 'It makes no difference. ' With that, she dived on her bed, pulled up the duvet and closed her eyes, all done in a swift motion.

++++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:23am On Nov 22, 2013

Hester pressed the enter key and waited for feedback, her anticipation was met after few seconds. She studied the information and when she got to the diagram at the end, she allowed it fill the screen of her laptop.

A knock on the door.

'Come in.' She said, eyes not leaving the screen.

The door opened and close afterwards.

Eventually, she looked in the direction of the door. 'Make yourself comfortable Mum. ' More often than not, she couldn't resist saying that . That she could attribute to her mother's sophistication and the grace of her steps as she head to a sofa. Even in her late forties, she was stunning but her beauty was now pampered with expensive cosmetics. She admire her mum but had no aspiration to be like her, maybe it was because they didn't agree most of the time. She was more of Dad than Mum, she used to tell herself.

'I know am a crasher honey, I only need few minutes. ' Empress Tobechukwu smiled at her daughter ability to concentrate.

Hester sipped from the bottled water on the table before going to sit opposite her.

'Mum, your dress is lovely. I love the embroidery. ' Her gaze lingered on the dress.

'I'm glad you do honey. This is courtesy of my latest Nigerian designer.' Empress beamed.

'My never changing momma! ' She laughed. 'As a child, I had the ability to guess real good.'

Empress nodded.

'I can guess why you're here.'

'Tell me.' Empress said gleefully and sat back.

'You're here to take turn on listening to what went down at the outing.

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2013
'That was a date not an outing. ' Empress tried not to frown.

Hester pointed to the screen. 'When am done with that, I will use a dictionary. ' She sat back. 'The outing was platonic and that's just that. '

'Honey, do you hate him already? ' Her expression remained as she studied her daughter.

Hester buried her face in her palms and suppressed a groan. 'I can't create, just make, who am I to hate the Almighty creature? '

'Well said Darling. ' Empress was delighted. 'You have to free your mind, open your heart, make sure you …'

Oh no! She wasn't going to go through this again. She stood and turned her back.

Her mother was taken aback. 'You've not changed your mind to your father's request?'

She shook her head.

Empress exhaled relieved. She wanted to talk to her daughter some more but she knew better. She touch her shoulder. 'There's a fashion show tonight, will you like to come with Agatha and I? '

' Thanks Mum but I'll be busy.' Hester gave her a quick smile before heading to her earlier seat.

Empress was disappointed as she head out but stopped at an after thought. 'Honey what will you like for lunch so I could tell the cooks on my way out.'

She gave her a sincere smile. 'You're indeed caring Mum, I'll come downstairs to fix something for myself. Thank you.'

By the time the door closed, she was drawing from the screen.

Empress head for the garden. After pacing for about five minutes, she sat troubled and remembered a dialogue she had heard with Hester when she was in her early teens.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:21am On Nov 22, 2013
"I thought I told you never to enter that kitchen and most especially not to interact with those people as if they are of your social status."

"We are all created by one God, isn't it? "

"Spare me that Hester! I told you not to defy my order."

"But I love to learn Mum, I want to be independent. "

"Independence breeds destruction my dear child. "

"That's heavy Mum, it will be more enjoyable if I can prepare what I eat."

"That is no excuse! '

"I can't help you then. Anytime am free, if you don't find me in the room, look in the kitchen next."

"You can as well forget picnic on sundays."

"With all pleasure Mum."

Empress mouth was agaped as she watched her daughter leave.

Come Sunday even when she had come to get her for the picnic, she had politely refused.

Back to reality, she sighed. She wouldn't give up on her, even if she wanted to, there was no choice.

++++++

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2013
Jeez! Queen why didn't u tell me u started another story. I think this will be more interesting than the previous one. FEED ME MORE!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
Winnie1950: Jeez! Queen why didn't u tell me u started another story. I think this will be more interesting than the previous one. FEED ME MORE!!!!
Winnielove am sorry.
Re: Fighting Back! by Jiteshell(f): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
grin smiley
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
TWO

From the rock, diamonds are found, amidst thorns, one get beautiful roses, from deep down the earth, wealth of most nations have been found. It happens that so many things of value are found in the strangest places. ' Oladimeji Adeniyi Gbolahan expressed smiling, he gulped a quantity of his favorite poison.

The restaurant was rated the third best in the state, food and drinks were of international standard, the ambience was hipster and trendy. They were seated in the VIP booth.

Hester looked beyond and watched the light above as it changed a couple of times. she waited for him to continue but when he didn't, she spoke . 'How do you mean? ' She was in a black blouse on an ash coloured pant trousers .

'Before I continue Babe, I will like you to eat. Your order for juice surprise the waitress because it's the cheapest here. You gave same order last time. Relax and enjoy Sweetheart , the bill is on me.' He cooed. He was in jeans trousers and a tee shirt.

She shook her head.

One of his body guards that stood some distance away from them came close and whispered to him. He nodded in response.

'Sorry for the interruption.' He shrugged. 'Back to my earlier statement, most treasure are found in strange places. ' He grinned displaying his gap tooth.

She couldn't help but notice his handsome features were more obvious when he smiled.

He looked at her in open admiration. 'You are more than any girl have met, trust me, have met a lot of them. Your beauty can't be compared, you're precious, one of your kind and that is why when I set my eyes on you, I … I was... 'He felt ackward all of a sudden because of Hester 's unwavering gaze. 'Anyway, ' He laughed leisurely, 'You don't deserve to be in a country as this, you should have been born in a better place. ' He picked his glass cup.

Hester was shocked as if a bomb had just exploded within the premises. 'I can't take that compliment Oladimeji because it is at the detriment of this country, how can you say that in the first place?'

'C'mon babe, forget that! ' His cup was refilled by another bodyguard. He scooped from the peppersoup bowl and chew leisurely.

Hester looked at him bewildered. 'This is my country, this is also your country. I look forward to a better Nigeria and it's a shame that you can say such a passive statement about Nigeria …'

His hearty laughter interrupted her.

'I got wondering, since you're the son to Adeniyi Gbolahan, the very top when it comes to administration in this country. ' she continued unperturbed. 'Can you tell me if his administration has contributed negatively or positively? '

He slapped her.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
Jiteshell: grin smiley
Hahahaha
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
U deserve 2 be beaten. Where is my cane?** Why on earth will u decide nt 2 inform me about ur new project. Am mad at you o. But if u want me 2 4gve u, u av 2 appease me.
Ask me how?
Re: Fighting Back! by Jiteshell(f): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
Slapped?!
It was not fair sha. No one knew you started a new story. I like it. Following
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
D9ty7: U deserve 2 be beaten. Where is my cane?** Why on earth will u decide nt 2 inform me about ur new project. Am mad at you o. But if u want me 2 4gve u, u av 2 appease me.
Ask me how?
Eeewo please don't beat me, my bombom will be red. How do I appease you Sweetheart?
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Queen xstar: Eeewo please don't beat me, my bombom will be red. How do I appease you Sweetheart?
Post 2 updates tonight. Also i av noticed that i dnt see you on other threads which is very bad. Try and view other stories and drop the link to your story on the threads so you can get more followers.
Just a piece of my mind tho!
Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
Slap That was unexpected shocked

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
'For a moment, she blanked out in shock. Hester did not flinch, she did not comment, she didn't even touch her face, she picked her bag, stood and made to leave. '

'Hey! ' He stood instantly, 'no one walks out on me.' He left his seat,quickened his steps and grabbed her arm. 'Am I not …?'

His words died in his lips as she turned on a heel and her back palm hit his cheek hard.

Oladimeji staggered back and held his cheek completely taken aback and use his tongue to feel for blood. Two of his body guards watched contemplating whether to intervene or not.

'How dare you slap me! ' His look was fierce, 'you don't know the extent of what you just did.'

She chuckled. 'Tell me, I need to know. ' Her brows darkened as her expression became serious. 'How dare you raise your filthy hand to slap me for no apparent reason! Are you crazy? '

'What! ' He flinched. 'you dared to refer to me in such a manner!'

'No …no o …' she sobered. 'I was referring to your uncivilized shadow. '

'Grab her! ' Oladimeji ordered.

In a swift motion, she grabbed the half filled bottle of wine and smashed on the table. She held it defensively.

'Yeah! ' Oladimeji jumped back as the pieces of glass flew but his shirt got soiled. His bodyguards were beside him immediately to ensure he was Okay. '

He eventually burst into laughter. 'Hester, you're funny …hahaha! How are you sure they are not even with gun.'

'A weapon is worth more than others in the hand of a person who knows how to handle it best.' Her gaze unwavering.

'Sweetheart, are you a tout? ' He smiled.

'It's not written on the forehead. Stop Sweethearting me, I have told you before and I mean it now more than ever.'

He advance towards her with outstretched arms. 'Come on Love, I should be the one angry.

'I Hope your brain is not failing you already. ' She toss the broken bottle to the table and left.

Oladimeji pride had been tampered with like never before, he gave a haughty laughter and felt his cheek once more. He issue out instructions to a bodyguard who immediately made a call.

'Muri, you didn't see her on the first date, what do you think of her?' Oladimeji asked the free bodyguard.

'Ha Sir.' He rubbed his beards and chuckled. 'She is even more beautiful than Natasha and she is complete as in …' He lifted his hand to begin to demonstrate.

'Keep quiet before you exceed your privilege!' He cut him short. 'Let's get out of here! '

++++++
Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Slap That was unexpected shocked[color=#990000]
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
Winnie1950: Slap That was unexpected shocked[color=#990000]
Which of the slaps darling?

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Both of them (slaps) came as a real shocker. I like hester though
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
D9ty7:
Post 2 updates tonight. Also i av noticed that i dnt see you on other threads which is very bad. Try and view other stories and drop the link to your story on the threads so you can get more followers.
Just a piece of my mind tho!
Thanks. I'm fast asleep love, had a busy day at work, so I can't update again today. I'll try tomorrow. Thanks for the advise.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 9:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
Winnie1950: Both of them (slaps) came as a real shocker. I like hester though
wink
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:14pm On Nov 23, 2013

As she came closer, she noticed it. 'Jeez! ' Her fears was confirmed.

Three Tyres of her car had been deflated. She knew instantly it was human influenced, how can three tyres of a brand new toyota car that had father gave her on her return home go flat all at once. She drumed her fingers on the roof of the car knowing who the human was. She tried not to get furious.

God please help me. she muttered before considering what to do.

'Hi Sweetheart, are you alright? ' She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't hear him approach.

Hester heard the mock in his voice without even looking at him. So he still had the gut to flaut , she thought to herself.

'I see …awww, who could have done this to your car. who could have done this to my baby? ' Oladimeji came close to touch her.

'If you dare touch me, you will be very, very sorry for yourself.' She was pained as she face him. 'What was going through your mind? ' She covered the distance between them and lock gaze with him. 'What were you thinking …? That I, Hester Douglas Tobechukwu will be so helpless that I will beg for your assistance. You're a sorry case dear, I'll rather trek back home than do that. Oladimeji Adeniyi, you are callous.'

'Be careful of what you say to me.' He raise a warning finger.

'I warning you please stay out of life,I am not interested in being your friend talk more of being intimate with you. I can't be associated with an inhumane like you.'

He Stepped back unable to stand looking into her eyes. 'You don't know who I am, I am warning you Hester, am warning you.' His heart beat quickened, he had never been floored by anybody, nobody had even dared talk more of a female. He was always in control.

'Who does not know what is inscribed on the big banner over your head. I've never seen a guy who Enjoy basking in his father's glory and I can tell I've met worth far recognized than yours. Anyway …' She tipped her blouse. 'I am the daughter of the man who pays your father but does not mean …'He blanched and that made her grin. 'that I should go bananas and do whatever I like and treat people unfairly.'

'You're pushing me. Arrrrg …stop it Hester! Stop! ' He suppressed the urge to slap her again.

'The worst you can do is to slap me and be sure I'll send it right back to you.' Hester laughed heartily.

There was no activity at the VIP car park so there was no spectator. Five of his guards were behind. He fumed and as he advanced towards her, two held him. They knew her status and knew the likely problem that may brew if he attacked her.

'Leave me alone, allow me to teach her a lesson!' Oladimeji struggled.

Hester wasn't done yet. This would be the last time she would see him, so it was best she bear her mind completely to him. 'I have heard of your misbehavior while away, not a good ambassador of this nation. What I see is a coward, only cowards attack from behind. You're simply a child intoxicated with power and I advise that you don't think of yourself highly than that. ' She snapped open her phone and dialled a number. She walked to the other side of the car and backed them.

He struggled still. 'Boss …boss … listen please. This is public, we never can tell who is watching or Where the cameras are. Please let it go, she is only a woman. ' The bodyguard in charge tried to calm him.

'If she didn't consider that why should I? '

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
This dimeji of a guy is just too full of himself and it irritates me. I wish hester would slap him again. @ queen: thanks honey for this beautiful update. Expecting more.
Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
Chistar i see u o
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
[quote author=Winnie1950]This dimeji of a guy is just too full of himself and it irritates me. I wish hester would slap him again. @ queen: thanks honey for this beautiful update. Expecting more.[/quot Shey ?
You will get more dearie, it's all written. look like you're the first to always read my update. Thank you.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
Winnie1950: Chistar i see u o
Where …Where he de? I no see am o.
Re: Fighting Back! by Winnie1950(f): 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
Queen xstar: Where …Where he de? I no see am o.
i saw him while i was reading and even after i made my comment. Don't mind him he just chop and clean mouth. He will comment soon.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2013
Winnie1950: i saw him while i was reading and even after i made my comment. Don't mind him he just chop and clean mouth. He will comment soon.
Anticipating.
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
'Why should I respect that when she didn't! 'Oladimeji retorted angrily.

'Sir you said you love her, if you really love her, you will let her be. If you beat her angrily, it may mar everything. '

The guard words touched a soft spot and he looked at him. ' Are you sure it won't bridle her tongue? '

'I'm sure Sir.'

'You can leave me alone now. ' They let him go. 'It is your lucky day! You better thank your God! ' He said on top of his voice! '

Hester totally ignored him as she stoop and hit one of the tyre. '... three of them Bf,.. I'm serious …I have two spare... Okay …I'll be expecting you …love you …' She laughed and ended the call.

The four vehicles were in line and the sirens began blaring.

Hester exhaled.

+++++
Re: Fighting Back! by D9ty7(m): 3:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Nice write up. I grant u d permission to paste d link 2 your story on my thread. Hope am nt rude by that?
Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
'Don't tell me you about to change that. '

'What does it look like? ' Hester looked up at the stranger towering her before she continued to Jack the car.

'You shouldn't do this to yourself, you could easily ask the security men to aid you.'

'They offered but I turned them down. '

'You did! ' He was amazed and looked at the tear rubber sleek ride.'Three tyres! How come? '

'Some urchins did it. '

'In this place? With all the security …? Quite hard to believe. '

'If you heard of street urchins then you must have heard of executive urchins. '

'I understand why you refused their help.' He laughed easily. 'I better watch out for the sake of my bentley. '

'Exactly! You just read my mind ' She suspected he must be an international model and probably bi-racial. She roll the tyre to a side.

'Would you also turn me down? ' He smiled and his face light up. 'It is a marvel that a beautiful girl like you will change tyres when some guys would mind. '

She stoop once more. 'Are you offering? '

'I am.'

'That makes a powerful duo, handsome guy, beautiful lady. I will take you help gladly. ' Hester smiled charmingly.

1 Like

Re: Fighting Back! by Queenxstar(f): 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
D9ty7: Nice write up. I grant u d permission to paste d link 2 your story on my thread. Hope am nt rude by that?
Hey Sweet, guess what I did today, I spent time reading your book till I got to Where you stopped. It was lovely! Thanks. You doing me me a favor yet so polite. Do you have a gf?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.