Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co (2679 Views)

Tyre Always Wear Out Quickly. / Spark Plugs Issues. / 7 Days Ultimatum For Ikenna To Quit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co by Coefficient(m): 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
According to my Mechanic, he said that the coil in the engine around the spark plugs is what kills the plug (dunno what he meant by that). The spark plugs don't last. I believe something causes it to wear out. I also believe the plugs aren't genuine enough. Kindly advise me guys.

I also need a genuine Nissan spare parts dealer in Lagos

Thanks.
Re: Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
Coefficient: According to my Mechanic, he said that the coil in the engine around the spark plugs is what kills the plug (dunno what he meant by that). The spark plugs don't last. I believe something causes it to wear out. I also believe the plugs aren't genuine enough. Kindly advise me guys.

I also need a genuine Nissan spare parts dealer in Lagos

Thanks.
The plug for your vehicle is NGK PLFR5A-11. It is common enough. It is expected to last 100k miles and more.
Re: Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co by Coefficient(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Costee:
The plug for your vehicle is NGK PLFR5A-11. It is common enough. It is expected to last 100k miles and more.

Do you mean I should request for this particular type when buying? And what could be the cause of its constant wear out? Thanks for your input. Still expecting more opinions from you guys.
Re: Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
Coefficient:

Do you mean I should request for this particular type when buying? And what could be the cause of its constant wear out? Thanks for your input. Still expecting more opinions from you guys.
That's the plug recommended by your car manufacturer. The brand is NGK, and the part number is PLFR5A-11. Btw, what year is your Murano; is your SES light on?
Re: Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co by Coefficient(m): 11:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Costee:
That's the plug recommended by your car manufacturer. The brand is NGK, and the part number is PLFR5A-11. Btw, what year is your Murano; is your SES light on?

It is a 2004 model. I do not know what SES light is but the 'check engine' light comes on when the plug misfires, making the car jerk and unstable till the plugs are replaced.

I'll request for the recommended plug when I'm buying. Where can I get in Lagos?
Thanks for you response.
Re: Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co by cardoctor(m): 1:24am On Nov 20, 2013
Coefficient:

It is a 2004 model. I do not know what SES light is but the 'check engine' light comes on when the plug misfires, making the car jerk and unstable till the plugs are replaced.

I'll request for the recommended plug when I'm buying. Where can I get in Lagos?
Thanks for you response.

Replace with NGK Iridium plugs. They last for up to 100,000 Kilometers before renewal. It would also help your fuel MPG.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 20, 2013
car-doctor:

Replace with NGK Iridium plugs. They last for up to 100,000 Kilometers before renewal. It would also help your fuel MPG.

Car-Doctor.
The term "NGK Iridium plugs" is ambiguous. Which of the many iridiums of the NGK brand is he to look for? At any rate the recommended plug is as I have stated NGK PLFR5A-11. It is patinum-tipped and could last over 100k miles.
OP call this number 08023021237 and ask for Chidi. He is a Nissan parts dealer at Ladipo and he has the plugs. It sells for 2k a piece and you'll need 6 pieces. After installing the plugs try to scan the engine and let's see what comes out. Whatever the case the issue of a bad or inappropriate plugs is removed.
Btw, the check engine light is the "Service Engine Soon" light that you say comes on intermittently.

1 Like

Re: Spark Plugs Wear Out Quickly (murano) Attention: Ikenna & Co by Coefficient(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2013
Costee:
The term "NGK Iridium plugs" is ambiguous. Which of the many iridiums of the NGK brand is he to look for? At any rate the recommended plug is as I have stated NGK PLFR5A-11. It is patinum-tipped and could last over 100k miles.
OP call this number 08023021237 and ask for Chidi. He is a Nissan parts dealer at Ladipo and he has the plugs. It sells for 2k a piece and you'll need 6 pieces. After installing the plugs try to scan the engine and let's see what comes out. Whatever the case the issue of a bad or inappropriate plugs is removed.
Btw, the check engine light is the "Service Engine Soon" light that you say comes on intermittently.

Thanks! I will do as advised.

(1) (Reply)

Mute Car Stereo!! Pls Help.. / Journey From Warri To Lagos, To And Fro With A Lght Truck / Innoson SUVS Now Nigerian Army Officials Cars(-PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.