Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide (14889 Views)

Biafra ; Protesters Are Marching To British Embassy In Abuja. PICTURES. / Okorocha, Umeh Are Ingrates — Obi’s Aide / Okorocha Punches Governor Obi’s Aide Over Seat! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by ChrisOD: 1:01am On Nov 20, 2013
ANAMBRA ELECTION PROTESTERS ARE NOT IGBOS – Obi’s Aide

The Senior Special Assistant to Governor Peter Obi on media and publicity has called on the good people of Anambra State to remain calm over what he called the stage-managed protest against the November 16th election.

Obienyem said that investigations revealed that those who protested, especially those women that pretended to be crying were imported into Anambra State from Osun State in five chartered luxurious buses. Ngige and his group wanted protest at all costs, but when our people, who already know him for what he is, refused they had to go to Osun State.

Obienyem said that even yesterday they imported some boys from Imo State to protest as students. “The Vice Chancellor of Nnandi Azikiwe, who has taken the university to great heights, Prof. Egboka was alarmed when contacted on phone, he had to rush down to that school for investigations. Having discovered that those involved were not his students, he said, ‘please beware of those evil men who lost. I’ve checked with all my relevant officials; the story of UNIZIK Students is fallacious! We’ve our respects, belief and integrity, more so, students are not in the school right now.’ ”

Obienyem said on further investigations and interrogation of the boys they confessed that APC people paid them N1,500 each and chartered the buses that conveyed them from Imo State to Anambra.

Insisting that the November 16th election was one of the best in Nigeria, Obienyem wondered while Igbos and all men of good will commend the election while only Ngige and his APC people are against it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/anambra-election-protesters-igbos-says-obis-aide/

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by ChrisOD: 1:01am On Nov 20, 2013
In another development===================================

Anambra Polls: 16 Political Parties Say election was Credible, Back INEC

Sixteen political parties in the State have accepted the result collated by INEC in the Anambra Governorship election. Speaking to journalists after their meeting in Awka, Chairman of the Parties said they abide by the final outcome of the exercise.

Presenting the stand of the political parties, the Chaiman of Congress for Progressive Chane ( CPC), Prince Chuba Ikeagwu said they would also back INEC in its proposed supplementary elections for the conclusion of the governorship election to enable INEC declare the result without further delay so that the State could move forward. They commended INEC, security agencies and other stakeholders for conducting a peaceful election without loss of life and destruction of properties in the State.

The political parties assured that they would give total support to whoever emerged the winner of the election.

In his contribution, the State Chairman of KOWA, Evangelist Isaac Omouka said the election was free and fair and their was no ground for the call for neither cancellation nor resignation of INEC officials. Evangelist Onwuka stressed that the collective interest of the State should be placed above every other considerations.

Also speaking, the State Chairman of ACD, Mrs. Oby Okafor enjoined INEC to conduct the supplementary election as soon as possible to declare the Winner of the election.

Speaking in a similar vein, the State Chairman of MPPP, Evangelist Samuel Anidike said everybody should accept and support the outcome of the election as the will and mandate of the people should not be compromised

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by saintneo(m): 2:05am On Nov 20, 2013
skelewu
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by gurnam: 5:26am On Nov 20, 2013
Give it to APGA's Ibo politicians....they understand what their people need and want.

Hatred and fear...and they dished it out in very large dose for them.

26 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by fingard02k(m): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2013
Chief Willie Obiano; Anambra State Governor Elect

17 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:42am On Nov 20, 2013
gurnam: Give it to APGA's Ibo politicians....they understand what their people need and want.

Hatred and fear...and they dished it out in very large dose for them.
On point. So Ogun or Sango don leave Yorubaland go dey fight for Igboland?

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by oluwashaddow(m): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2013
so all those pictures of women protesting are fake?...........dis anambra people no go stop to dey amaze person ooooo, dey claim dey are from osun yet those people were speaking clear igbo n were even dressed like correct igbo women.......... and wat is with dis obsession with osun,I knw dey would have mentioned lagos too b4 cos of d distance, awon were

35 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by omiobo: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2013
Osun don suffer!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by MayorofLagos(m): 8:41am On Nov 20, 2013
Will someone please tell Obi and his houseboys to shut up!!

He holds himself up as the Moses of Iboland but he is steady investing his business outside Iboland. He has used the santa claus approach to seal the tongue of those who ought to talk and reveal him. His beneficiaries in turn have used Awolowo to blindfold the gullible apprentice and spareparts trader.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:42am On Nov 20, 2013
9jagirl4re: Ask all the ngige supporters on Nairaland they are all Yoruba's
yes o! And all those NL supporters are in Anambra, abi?

Infact, all those market woman are Yorubas..

Slow thinker!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by mrborntodoit: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2013
Desperate polithievecians! If an election doesn't favor APC, it is automatically declared RIGGED grin

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Nonybb: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2013
PACKET OF LIES! Willie Obiano i will sincerely say with the depth of my heart, will NOT CREDIBLY win the Guber race. He is a disguise of Gov Peter Obi. Fegge Onitsha is still a mess. The roads leading to main markets, the purported biggest market in africa some decades ago, are left to further degrade and decay. No public water supply in Onitsha, and perhaps Anambra state as a whole. Peter Obi undisputedly is a christian Bigot. He suffers Nepotism and fanatism. He wants to enslave Anambra in God-fatherism mentality, a clark we had managed to escape in the state during the time past. He favours catholic more than Anglican and choosed willie because he is a catholic. Peter can not boost of modern infrastructural development as obtained in some neigbhbouring state. Wat he knws is how to dole our cash to traditional institute to buy them. I have lived in Anambra state since i was born. I went to the prestigious Christ the king College Onitsha so i am not talking as an outsider. I dont belong to any political party and my voice are clearly based as a concerned citizen. We cant afford to waste another 4 years through Obi's mechanical and political controlled puppettes. We need a change but i clearly dont knw how it would come. Im not here to support Ngige either. I am here because i think Willie is not progressive enough. Lets us shun sentiments and elected a new leader that wouldnt tie us to the debts, whims and coprice of Peter Obi. Being an international banker doesnt make u a credible leader. Peter is putting one of his own to further subject us to God fatherism. Let us say no to this archaic and barbaric system of leadership and imposition. Enough is enough. Anambra state must develop. Lets evolve like others and stop living in a world of self denial and reckless disenchantment. Time4CHANGE MY PEOPLE. I dont knw who u might want to VOTE but pls we need a change

33 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by chairman: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2013
apc and their supporters are the reason ngige failed and not anambra people

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by abhosts(m): 10:23am On Nov 20, 2013
This allegation is a fallacy. APC has Hundreds of thousand of supporters right there in the state and do not need to go as far as Osun to "import" protesters.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Aromas: 10:23am On Nov 20, 2013
So na me con protest?

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Erotex(m): 10:23am On Nov 20, 2013
Sorry!!! APC una plan in 2015 has been revealed.
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by Libra9(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2013
if PDP had won what will be the reactions of these men,APC will do same in west. APGA won and there is nothing anyone can do other than going to court.
Re: Anambra Election Protesters Are Not Igbos – Obi’s Aide by ablyguy(m): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2013
Apga spreads clinically prepared propaganda. APC spreads expertly polished lies. *Shrugs.* I guess all is fair and just in political wars of slander. I still don't like APC at the moment though...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aregbesola Compensates Farmers & Land Owners Affected By Road Construction / PDP Dying, Says Bode George / Nigeria More Divided Than During Civil War — Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.