Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Did Prophet Isa Really Die? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Did Prophet Isa Really Die? (1475 Views)

Did Prophet Approve Celebration Of His Birthday / Why Did Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Raid Non Muslims Caravan? / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by holypower(m): 6:58am On Nov 20, 2013
Speaking out: I waited for several weeks but it seemed that nothing was happening. I became very anxious and depressed. Finally, I decided to speak out and directly ask the pastor. I still remember, it was a Saturday evening. At the end of our meeting that evening, I told him that I couldn't find anywhere in the Bible where it talks about Jesus being God or about God being a triune God. Immediately and in a relaxed and gentle manner, he opened his Bible and asked me to take a look at the following verses:

(John 10:30-33) [Jesus said] "I and the Father are One." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." (1John 5:8~12) [For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are One.] And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. The one who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the witness that God has borne concerning His Son. And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding, in order that we might know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life

now friends am telling:
HE came to die....... for our sins just to bring
us back to GOD after our first parents died. Because the ancient people of GOD sacrifices with animals according to GOD's commandment for their sins to be covered(not to be cleansed and blot out but to be covered) so the blood of animals cannot cleanse the sins of man because it is an animal whom man is far better than. So CHRIST came in form of a man so as to die for man so as for mans sin to be cleansed totally and not to be covered by the bllod of animals but to be cleansed by the blood of a man.
Man for man and not animal for man. So CHRIST came in form of a man to die for man which is HIS man purpose for coming on earth so that through the blood of a man the sins of a man will be cleansed and
purge totally not to be covered without cleansed by the blood of an animal. JESUS CHRIST is the only one qualified to bruise satans head and thats what HE did...only those that believe in HIM will be victorious over sin and satan. Givve HIM a trie...you will see how gracious HE is. HIS death is undeniable
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by Ismahill(m): 7:40am On Nov 20, 2013
According 2 d quran. Jesus christ didnt die on the cross.4 any more details.quote me nd i will gv u d real details.sh ikena.

1 Like

Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by holypower(m): 8:07am On Nov 20, 2013
Ismahill: According 2 d quran. Jesus christ didnt die on the cross.4 any more details.quote me nd i will gv u d real details.sh ikena.

quran lied because if it qualifies CHRIST dying on the cross... Islam will not stand and muslim cam easily be converted to Christianity
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by Caseless: 8:15am On Nov 20, 2013
holypower:

. So CHRIST came in form of a man so as to die for man so as for mans sin to be cleansed totally and not to be covered by the bllod of animals but to be cleansed by the blood of a man.[quote author=holypower]
Man for man and not animal for man
jesus was a man!

holypower: So CHRIST came in form of a man to die for man which is HIS man purpose for coming on earth so that through the blood of a man the sins of a man will be cleansed and
purge totally not to be covered without cleansed by the blood of an animal.
again, if jesus died for our sin, how come we're still being tagged as sinners; there shouldn't be sin/sinners if he had really died for our sins as u people have made us to believe.

holypower: JESUS CHRIST is the only one qualified to bruise satans head and thats what HE did...only those that believe in HIM will be victorious over sin and satan.
grin grin na boxer? vitali kilitschko comes to mind here.

holypower: HIS death undeniable
how can GOD die?

u people said he died and resurrected 3 days later, how again did he 're-die'?

if u think jesus is God and he also died, then u are blasphemous! we believe jesus(A.S) was a man(supernatural), and a prophet of ALLAH. He did not die and shall come back to taste death as every man. like Allah promised in the holy quran: "every soul shall taste death".

If u believe jesus is God and he died and we believe he was a prophet of GOD, and he's yet to taste death; this , in a sense, shows we love and respect him(jesus) more than you christains.

5 Likes

Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by holypower(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=caseless][/quote]

Respecting JESUS CHRIST and loving HIM?
JESUS says: "If ye love me, keep my commandments. " (John 14:15).
do muslim keep the commandments of CHRIST? No! JESUS is saying here that the main reason to show HIM love is ''keeping HIS commandment'' and not just calling HIM a prophet or whatever
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by Caseless: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2013
holypower:

Respecting JESUS CHRIST and loving HIM?
JESUS says: "If ye love me, keep my commandments. " (John 14:15).
do muslim keep the commandments of CHRIST? No! JESUS is saying here that the main reason to show HIM love is ''keeping HIS commandment'' and not just calling HIM a prophet or whatever
u've not answered my questions.
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
@holypower; you're saying Jesus is your God. right? do you keep his commandments, which include all the commandments of the past prophets and laws and books he ask you to obey and not neglect even a jot? do you pray like him, eat like him, pattern your life after his, doing what he did, rejecting what he forbade?

Prophet Isa [AS] is our prophet and we in Islam observe what he observed including wearing beard, washing up, clothing, perfuming, etc and of course pray and stand steadfastly on belief that there is 1 God Who sent prophets before him, then him and sent the comforter [SA] after, yhe very comforter that was so named another to distinguish him from other before him. He was still unseen being only a soul already created, waiting for his time, to arrive. However he was already known only to the disciples who were spiritually alive among dead populace when Jesus foretold his [SA] future coming to all mankind. Do you follow the comforter [SA]? we do. therefore we follow what Jesus followed, accept the commandment of Jesus [SA] about God being 1 Invisible, Indivisible, Complete, Able to Accomplish and Control all, not a man, not son of man and we follow the comforter [SA] announced by Prophet Isa bin Maryam [AS].

1 Like

Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by DevotedOne(m): 2:05pm On Nov 20, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of God, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace (of God) Be Upon You, everyone.

Salaam holypower.

(John 10:30-33) [Jesus said] "I and the Father are One." The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

My understanding of "I and the Father are One" is that Jesus (PBUH), is saying that He (PBUH), and God, Blessed Is HE Forevermore -- are of One Mind -- or, of the same Mind. I Understand the word 'atonement' to mean: At-One-Mind.

Neither can Jesus (PBUH), carry or die, for the sins of anyone else, because sinning is a matter that speaks of, and requires personal responsibility. See the following verse's:

Having said this, Jesus wept, saying: 'Woe to those who are servants to their flesh, for they are sure not to have any good in the other life, but only torments for their sins. Chapter 24 Gospel of Barnabas

Now tell me: who would go to speak to the Roman governor to Herod, except he first have made up his mind to whom he is going, and what he is going to do? Assuredly none. And if man does so in order to speak with man, what ought man to do in order to speak with God, and ask of him mercy for his sins, while thanking him for all that he has given him?

Now who would go to speak to Herod with his back towards him, and before him speak well of Pilate the governor, whom he hates to the death? Assuredly none. Yet no less does the man who goes to make prayer and prepares not himself. He turns his back to God and his face to Satan, and speaks well of him. For in his heart is the love of iniquity, whereof he has not repented. If one, having injured you, should with his lips say to you, "Forgive me,' and with his hands should strike you a blow, how would you forgive him? Even so shall God have mercy on those who with their lips say: "Lord, have mercy on us," and with their heart love iniquity and think on fresh sins." Chapter 36 Gospel of Barnabas

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by harbiola1(m): 3:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
:-XAs for those who reject faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them they will not believe.

Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil, great is the penalty they incur.
Quran 2:6-7

:-XAs for those who reject faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them they will not believe.

Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil, great is the penalty they incur.
Quran 2:6-7
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by babylolaroy(f): 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
@devoted one, you are not expected to say salam to a non muslim first. They dont merit that atttibute of Allah and thats trite enough
you can only say 'wa alayk' if they say salaam first
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by dyfatai(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
babylolaroy: @devoted one, you are not expected to say salam to a non muslim first. They dont merit that atttibute of Allah and thats trite enough
salam alaekum, as a student of knowledge, i asked some of my Aalim dis question a while back, nd i fink dere is a difference of opinion on it. Dere is an Aayat in d quran where Ibrahim (A.S) (....not 2 sure) said salam to his father who was a kafir.

I cld do a little a little research nd come up wif d ayat
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by usisky(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
babylolaroy: @devoted one, you are not expected to say salam to a non muslim first. They dont merit that atttibute of Allah and thats trite enough

dyfatai: salam alaekum, as a student of knowledge, i asked some of my Aalim dis question a while back, nd i fink dere is a difference of opinion on it. Dere is an Aayat in d quran where Ibrahim (A.S) (....not 2 sure) said salam to his father who was a kafir.

I cld do a little a little research nd come up wif d ayat

[size=13pt]
You Shall Be Courteous:

[4:86] When greeted with a greeting, you shall respond with a better greeting or at least an equal one. GOD reckons all things.

Basic Law Regulating Relations With Unbelievers:

[60:8] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.

[60:9] GOD enjoins you only from befriending those who fight you because of religion, evict you from your homes, and band together with others to banish you. You shall not befriend them. Those who befriend them are the transgressors.

Peace upon you babylolaroy and dyfatai. God in the quran teaches us the system(sunnah) of peace and tolerance. While those who you term as 'Alims' teach you messages of hate and intolerance. You need to study the quran for its wisdom my dear brethren. Peace!!!

www.submission.org
www.masjidtucson.org
www.quranalone.com
www.miracleof19.org
[/size]
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by AlBaqir(m): 8:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Matthew 12:39-41
New King James Version (NKJV)

39 But He answered and said to them, “An evil and
adulterous generation seeks after a sign, and no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
40 For as Jonah was three days and three
nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

If Jesus (a.s) could liken his ordeal to that of Jonah (a.s) then where's the cry that he died and ressurected come from?

1. Did Jonah died in the belly of the whale for 3days and 3nights? Absolutely NO. He LIVED and Jesus said that was a MIRACLE. Therefore he predicted same for himself that he will live in the heart of the earth for 3days and 3night. That can only be Miracle if he did not die.
Bottom-line Jesus did not die but live just like Jonah.
2. Biblical account says Jesus died on Friday evening and Resurrected before Dawn on the first day of the week (sunday).
Does that equivalent to 3days and 3nights as foretold by Jesus?
Who's fooling who? No wonder you now have a Red lettered Bible where only Jesus words were written with red ink!
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by babylolaroy(f): 10:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
@ usisky. pls i beg of you, i dont like dah ur approach of correction cos in the end, it changes nothing. Dnt make me feel like am unjust or inequitable. Ofcos thats not the bone of contention. Av just told somebody in a general opinion dat if a person of the book, christian or jew say salam alaykum to you, den you shud simply say wa alayk..buh if dey didnt say salam first, den yu shudnt extend the salam first to a non believer. They obviously do not come within the ambit of those we are to share salam with
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by Akindarchi(m): 11:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
It might be a long shot, but just incase a sincere christian stumbles across this let me lay out what the classic christian doctrine is, and leave it to you to ponder:
Adam and his wife "sinned" before having any child, so this "original sin" was "inherited" by all his offspring to come till the last day.
As a result of the sin, death became incumbent upon every soul.
God couldn't take it upon Himself to forgive man, so He came down to earth in form of a human for the sole purpose of baiting some ignorant people into killing Him so that He could then use that as an excuse to forgive whoever it was that believes that He(ie God in human form) died.
Of course there may be varying versions amongst you christians, but I tried to generalise as much as possible. Now I am sure many good people should be able to pick out at least 10 reasons why this story can't be true but I won't do so myself yet
Now to go to the summary of what I know islam's point of view to be regarding Jesus:
His name was Isa, and he was a prophet as well as a messenger of God, he was born of a virgin Maryam (Mary), he was a cousin to another prophet Yahya (John), his and Yahya's lineage traced back to Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham)
He was sent to the people of isreal with clear signs and messages from his Lord, hence he was the way and the truth to the Lord at his time, he told them the good news of paradise for those who believed and did righteous deeds and warned of severe punishments waiting for the disbelievers and wrong doers.
He lived on earth till a certain age (not sure what) and was lifted up in body and spirit to the heavens (I think d lowest), and would come back to earth as one of the signs of the last day and would fight dajjal (the antichrist) and would learn the reli of islam and would rule in accordance to islam till he dies
On the day of ressurection, his Lord the creator would ask him if he instructed people to worship him (Jesus) and his mother (Mary) as Gods beside the one God, and he (jesus) would basically fall your (christians) hands denying this claim.
Sorry for the long read, didn't intend it to be soooo long. May God forgive me my shortcomings, and grant us sincere hearts that can recognise truth and then make efforts to follow it. May peace be upon you
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by Akindarchi(m): 11:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
On a sidenote concerning whom to give salam, I personally believe it isn't restricted to muslims....the incident that caused the prophet to reply with only alaykum was between him and hostile people....and like the other dude quoted Allah doesn't hinder us from being nice to people of other faiths that are not hostile to us.
Further more we are implored to argue in the best of manners, what better way is there to start a dialogue than the best of greetings?
Finally if I recall correctly the quran Allah says (am not quoting) o you who believe spread salam (peace).....popular interpretation of that salam says that it includes speading the greeting of peace as well as actuall peace.....to whom? I would leave u to determine the limits of your peace spreading.
Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by usisky(m): 6:29am On Nov 21, 2013
babylolaroy: @ usisky. pls i beg of you, i dont like dah ur approach of correction cos in the end, it changes nothing. Dnt make me feel like am unjust or inequitable. Ofcos thats not the bone of contention. Av just told somebody in a general opinion dat if a person of the book, christian or jew say salam alaykum to you, den you shud simply say wa alayk..buh if dey didnt say salam first, den yu shudnt extend the salam first to a non believer.

peace ma'am. My deepest apologies to you. I will try to do better next time...
Re: Did Prophet Isa Really Die? by Ismahill(m): 6:30am On Nov 22, 2013
Talking about jesus christ being d son of God is jst nt reasonable.
Why is he(swt) called d son of God. Is it because he was born without a father.pls holy man,answer diz questn
1) Was adam(swt) born with a father or mother.
2)Eve the wife of Adam was remove from d ribs of Adam without a mother. As everyone knows, it is not un-usual 4 a man to be conceived by a woman but it is un-usual nd strange 4 a man to conceive a woman directly. CAN any christian tell us the name of Eve's mother? Or was she the daughter of God again?who then was her mother.THE main questn i want 2 ask is dat, WHICH CREATN IS GREATER ND MORE MIRACULOUS: The creatn of Jesus 4rm a woman without a father, or the creatn of Adam without both a woman nd a father

(1) (Reply)

Egyptian Gov't Declares Muslim Brotherhood "Terrorist Group" / The Views Of Ahlus Sunnah Towards The Sahaba / Madrasah In Lagos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.