Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:29 PM

Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? (3319 Views)

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2013
This is not to open another tithe thread as many have already been opened on this forum but to ask a very vital question as it regard our eternal destination.

The question is: will one go to hell fire if one don't pay tithe?
This question goes particularly to the tithers in the house(forum).

Now, if i am a very committed and devoted christian, doing the work of God faithfully, going for soul winning and follow-up, when there is need for monetary contribution to meet one need in the church or the other, i contribute if i have money, i give willingly and cheerfully for the work of God, i also fear God and depart from evil but i don't pay tithe, will i go to hell for that?

I need your reasons why you think that if i don't pay tithe i will go to hell or the reasons why you think that i will still go to heaven despite the fact that i don't pay my tithe. The floor is open. Thanks.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 20, 2013
Chill for pro-tithers lyk Olaadegbu and anti-tithers lyk Pastor kun and frosbel 2 answer ur question. First 2 comment , am dancing skelewu o. But from what my conscience says, U shld give 2 d church 4 promoting the gospel and welfare of church workers and u shld also give 2 d needy ones among u. Read Matthew chap 25 vs 31-46 where Jesus gave the parable of the kingdom. U will realise Jesus cares more abt ur attitude 2 d less privileged dan all these doctrines and principles. Mind u, am not saying tithing is wrong or right, I just believe dat if u want 2 give, It shld be from ur heart and not because 1 MOG is threatening u dat u will perish or lose all ur blessings if u dnt. It is better not 2 give than 2 give grudgingly. Personally, knw ur reasons for tithing and giving offerings
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2013
OP

I notice your interest on the tithing question on this forum. This issue of not paying tithe and you will go to hell also disturbed me too. I wrote an email to a Christian group online www.biblestudents.com sometimes in June where theological questions are attended to. See my question and their rseponse. I hope it helps.

Question:

I got your website from a friend on an online discussion forum. When I checked I saw this Q&A section and thought I send my questions to you. Recently, I became convinced that to tithe was not a New Testament injuction and that God would have me give to support his work in whatever we I can. Those who taught me used ample scriptural evidences that could not be controverted. I however became shaken in my faith when some people, on this same forum, came and said those who do not tithe will be condememend to eternal hell. Since then I have become shaken in my faith. Is this true? Will a person, whom Jesus died for and saved, and who rest his faith in Jesus cross for eternal life, be condemened to hell because he refuses to pay tithe to his local assembly? Thank you, as I await your response.

DrummaBoy,

You are in no way going to be condemned for not paying tithes. You were correct that Christians are not under any injunction to pay tithes -- but we give all to the Lord with our time, talents, etc. and money also, but in our own way. This does not mean you cannot give money to a Church, if you see that they are making good use of it.

Tithing was a part of the Law covenant given to the nation of Israel by God thru Moses. The instructions are found in Lev. 27:30-34 and Deut. 14:27-29 as well as other scriptures. They were told to give one tenth of the increase of all they had to the Lord to be used as he specified, for instance, for the Levites, widows, orphans and the needy.

Actually, it was really a tithe unto the Lord, but the Levites were to partake of the tithe. "And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD." Leviticus 27:32
"And the LORD spake unto Aaron, Thou shalt have no inheritance in their land, neither shalt thou have any part among them: I am thy part and thine inheritance among the children of Israel. And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation." Numbers 18:20-23

As for tithing today, Christians have not been commanded to tithe, because they are not under the Law of the Hebrews. In fact, the Apostle Paul, who was one of the most active of the Apostles in serving the Church, did not ask for money, although he did appreciate the voluntary offerings when they were given. He even went to tent making when his funds were low. (Acts 18:3) Paul also commanded the servants of Christ not to beg for money or preach for "filthy lucres sake." (1 Peter 5:1-2)

Additional examples from the new testament show the mind of the Lord with regard to money donations. In Mark 12:41-44, Jesus commends the poor widow who gave all she had (more than 10%) when she came to the temple. I Cor. chapter 16 and II Cor. chap. 8 & 9 talk about collections to relieve suffering congregations and Phil. 4: 10-20 tells of the love and help sent to the apostle Paul from the Philippian church.

Tithing in the Churches became common by about the 3rd century to finance the large edifices built --- this was not commanded of the Lord, nor did Jesus and Apostles ever suggest such structures. The expenses of the early Church were very small for they met in each other's homes. The funds collected were usually for the necessities of the poor, widows, or to help assist missions of the disciples to preach the word of God.

For the Christian, we are to give "all" to God, not just a tenth. God doesn't want our money, He already possesses the universe --- He wants our hearts, our time, our talents. "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." (Malachi 3:10) This does not mean to give all that we have to a Church organization (which may or may not make good use of it). It means to determine ourselves how to use best our time, money, talents, etc in the Lords service. Look for opportunities to serve. If we are of a comfortable financial status, then maybe money is one of our talents, and we can use this if we see a specific need that we can support with our hearts as well. But, if we are already poor and living on a fixed income, it would be unwise to put ourselves in a position where we might have to impose on others for their financial help, thus making the offering more theirs than ours.

In brief, all contributions should be voluntary, and no one should be made to feel guilty for not paying a tithe. Our fellowship believes that you should tithe whatever you feel is prudent. Again, the church is not to be a receptacle for money, but for the will and the heart. We do not say that placing your hard-earned income in an offering plate is a prudent way to serve the LORD. In fact, the overwhelming evidence is that there is no glory for God in that kind of giving, but rather glory to men who build fabulous places and then have to support them.

In a practical sense, then, it would be prudent to find a way to use your income to care for the things of God and the promulgation of Truth—because it is the Truth that will make a man “free”. John 8:32

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

The Christian has no law to bind him, but he is directed by the spirit of love. Ask the LORD how you can best serve Him, and do that with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.

Associated Bible Students of Central Ohio
www.biblestudents.com
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2013
Reading that letter again blesses me more. I noticed they wrote:

Our fellowship believes that you should tithe whatever you feel is prudent. Again, the church is not to be a receptacle for money, but for the will and the heart. We do not say that placing your hard-earned income in an offering plate is a prudent way to serve the LORD. In fact, the overwhelming evidence is that there is no glory for God in that kind of giving, but rather glory to men who build fabulous places and then have to support them.

Which shows that they allow anyone who wishes to tithe at this own convinience, will and liberty to tithe but there no compulsion.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:43am On Nov 20, 2013
I am still waiting for the tither to comment
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Christiscoming: 11:58am On Nov 20, 2013
Tithing in the WORD of GOD

“Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say,‘ In what way have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offering. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this, says the LORD of hosts if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” (Mal 3, 8-10)

Some will say we are not under the law now under grace so tithing is not required. But Tithing is not a sacrificial, ceremonial or temple law that in the NT are clearly explained as no longer required, rather it is a moral law (as its defined as stealing in the above scripture) and a is commandment not a suggestion. Moral laws against such things as stealing, lying, adultery, idolatry, will always be wrong & punishable, and moral laws for things like putting God first, honoring your parents & tithing will always be required, as they reflect God’s unchanging righteousness, and are repeated in the NT. As Jesus said …

“Do NOT think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, TILL heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called LEAST in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called GREAT in the kingdom of heaven.’ For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5, 17-20)

“Everyone who commits (practices) sin is guilty of lawlessness; for [that is what] sin is, lawlessness (the breaking, violating of God’s law by transgression or neglect—being unrestrained and unregulated by His commands and His will).” (1John3,4 AMP)

Tithing is also a pre-law principle of putting God first with our money that we see first with Abraham and the Patriarch’s in the book of Genesis and is also mentioned in the New Testament seven times. Jesus said twice in the Gospel’s “…For you pay TITHE of mint, anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, WITHOUT LEAVING THE OTHERS UNDONE” (Matt 23, 23). And in His great commission states “… make disciples of all the nations … teaching them to observe ALL things that I have commanded you“.

So as He said to tithe and that the moral commandments of God (which include tithing) continue til Heaven and Earth pass away that should settle the issue without trying to look for a theological loop hole as many do in their own deception. Many try to use a scripture by Paul about cheerful giving to disregard tithing (which it does not), but this is in error as Paul’s words (about helping a church in need) are only additional to Jesus teaching they do not replace them. From Paul’s words we need to ensure we give tithes and offerings cheerfully and gratefully, not arguing and grumbling about it. Jesus’s words are the foremost in the church upon which others are built. And as there are no scriptures in the New Testament saying tithing is finished (no not one) then we best obey!

We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus which cannot be earned, but God’s word is also clear that many grace saved Christians will not make it to Heaven because of disobedience & continued lawlessness in their lives. His word says those who name His name Must depart from iniquity, and that those who truly love Him are the ones who obey His commandments (1John 2,4-5)

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’” (Matthew 7, 24-27) … or as the Amplified says “you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].

“This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world.” (1 John 5, 3-4).’

I submit that God’s word is clear that tithing is a moral command, not tithing is stealing from God (Mal 3,cool, and also that no thief will enter the Kingdom of Heaven (1Cor 6,10). So Take heed, dont risk your eternity, and just obey & be blessed
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
Christiscoming: Tithing in the WORD of GOD

“Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say,‘ In what way have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offering. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this, says the LORD of hosts if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.” (Mal 3, 8-10)

Some will say we are not under the law now under grace so tithing is not required. But Tithing is not a sacrificial, ceremonial or temple law that in the NT are clearly explained as no longer required, rather it is a moral law (as its defined as stealing in the above scripture) and a is commandment not a suggestion. Moral laws against such things as stealing, lying, adultery, idolatry, will always be wrong & punishable, and moral laws for things like putting God first, honoring your parents & tithing will always be required, as they reflect God’s unchanging righteousness, and are repeated in the NT. As Jesus said …

“Do NOT think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, TILL heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called LEAST in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called GREAT in the kingdom of heaven.’ For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5, 17-20)

“Everyone who commits (practices) sin is guilty of lawlessness; for [that is what] sin is, lawlessness (the breaking, violating of God’s law by transgression or neglect—being unrestrained and unregulated by His commands and His will).” (1John3,4 AMP)

Tithing is also a pre-law principle of putting God first with our money that we see first with Abraham and the Patriarch’s in the book of Genesis and is also mentioned in the New Testament seven times. Jesus said twice in the Gospel’s “…For you pay TITHE of mint, anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, WITHOUT LEAVING THE OTHERS UNDONE” (Matt 23, 23). And in His great commission states “… make disciples of all the nations … teaching them to observe ALL things that I have commanded you“.

So as He said to tithe and that the moral commandments of God (which include tithing) continue til Heaven and Earth pass away that should settle the issue without trying to look for a theological loop hole as many do in their own deception. Many try to use a scripture by Paul about cheerful giving to disregard tithing (which it does not), but this is in error as Paul’s words (about helping a church in need) are only additional to Jesus teaching they do not replace them. From Paul’s words we need to ensure we give tithes and offerings cheerfully and gratefully, not arguing and grumbling about it. Jesus’s words are the foremost in the church upon which others are built. And as there are no scriptures in the New Testament saying tithing is finished (no not one) then we best obey!

We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus which cannot be earned, but God’s word is also clear that many grace saved Christians will not make it to Heaven because of disobedience & continued lawlessness in their lives. His word says those who name His name Must depart from iniquity, and that those who truly love Him are the ones who obey His commandments (1John 2,4-5)

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’” (Matthew 7, 24-27) … or as the Amplified says “you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands].

“This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world.” (1 John 5, 3-4).’

I submit that God’s word is clear that tithing is a moral command, not tithing is stealing from God (Mal 3,cool, and also that no thief will enter the Kingdom of Heaven (1Cor 6,10). So Take heed, dont risk your eternity, and just obey & be blessed

So I won't enter heaven if I donate generously to my church when am willing, help the orphans and less privileged among the society but the only clause is 'I don't pay 10%'?
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by nora544: 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2013

I knew that you belong to one of this new churches because what you write is wrong, because you get teached from your greedy pastors they love money and they didnot love there followers.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2013

Can you kindly define God's tithe for us with scriptures to back up your claim?
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
Christiscoming:
We are saved by grace through faith in Jesus which cannot be earned, [size=16pt]but[/size] God’s word is also clear that many grace saved Christians will not make it to Heaven because of disobedience & continued lawlessness in their lives. His word says those who name His name Must depart from iniquity, and that those who truly love Him are the ones who obey His commandments (1John 2,4-5)

For those intent on making making our salvation depend on works, like tithing, etc, I recommend this teaching by Matthew E. Nerramore, in his online book on tithing:

[size=16pt]Righteousness[/size]

If you have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ and have called upon him for salvation, receiving him into your heart and life as Lord and Savior, then you are righteous. Your righteousness is more than just being forgiven of your sins. It is more than just being considered by God as someone who has never done anything wrong. You have the righteousness of someone who has also done everything right, someone who has done all of God's will, has kept all of his law, and has done it all to perfection. That is the righteousness of Christ, that is his perfect standing with the Father, and that is what you have through faith in him. Jesus' relationship to the Father is the definition of righteousness. There is no other kind. That is what you have and you have it now.

Your righteousness was a free gift from God. It was freely given without reservation. It was given by grace alone without any works or deeds on your part whatsoever. It was paid for by the shed blood of Jesus. You received it by faith. It is perfect righteousness. It is the right standing that Jesus Christ has with the Father. It causes the Father to treat you the same as Jesus. It includes all the benefits and privileges of Jesus' relationship to the Father. If it didn't it wouldn't be his righteousness. You have the privilege of accepting it or rejecting it but you do not have the privilege of changing any of its terms or features.

Your righteousness is more than a legal declaration. It is real. It has substance. The message of Paul's epistles is that we have been made to be the actual righteousness of God through Jesus Christ.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (2 Cor. 5:21)
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. (Eph. 4:24)
That is the mystery of the gospel, how a man with a sinful nature can be spiritually reborn with the righteous nature of Jesus Christ. It is the story of identification and substitution. Jesus identified with us by first becoming a man and then by bearing our sin, our separation from God, and our curse in order to redeem us. He died a substitutionary death on the cross. He was there in our place.

Jesus was made alive and raised up from the realm of death and eternal judgement when our redemption had been accomplished. He was restored again to perfect standing with the Father, seated at his right hand. Salvation is an exchange. Our old identity and spiritual nature are crucified and put to death with Christ on the cross and we receive his resurrection nature and identity in exchange. By that we also receive his relationship to the Father.

Jesus revealed the mystery to Paul the apostle and inspired him to write it in his epistles. By the power of the Holy Spirit we can understand it and walk in it.

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: (1 Cor. 2:7)
How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) (Eph. 3:3, 4)
The mystery begins with our spiritual union with Jesus Christ.

For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. …This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. (Eph. 5:30, 32)
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: …which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: (Col. 1:26, 27)
Everything that Jesus did at the cross was for us. His death, burial, and resurrection was an eternal event that was accomplished in the spirit realm, free from the limits of time and space. By the work of the Holy Spirit, any man who calls upon the Lord Jesus is supernaturally included with him in that event so that he may receive the results of what God was doing there for all mankind.

We are spiritually immersed into the being of Christ by the Holy Spirit. That is the meaning of baptism. Water baptism is an outward demonstration of what happens in the spiritual realm when a person is placed into Christ.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, …and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Cor. 12:13)
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. (Gal. 3:27)
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. (1 Cor. 6:17)
Our spiritual union with Christ began at the cross. It was there that he made the ultimate identification with us in our sin.

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? (Rom. 6:3)
In every subsequent step of the redemptive process, we were included with Christ through the spiritual mystery of our union with him. We received the transforming effects of everything that God was doing in Christ as our substitute. Paul records each aspect as it was revealed to him by Jesus: crucifixion, death, burial, being made alive, being raised up, and being seated at the Father's right hand.

For a complete exposition on what our righteousness consist of please read: http://tekoapublishing.com/books/tithing/chapter10.html
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
If Jesus' righteousness is ours, then we can trust that our works is not what we would present before God's throne to be saved. We can also trust that the righteousness of the law, whether they be moral, civil or ceremonial has been met by Christ and imputed to us (Romans 8:2).

With this confidence, we should also know that Christ being born under the law fulfilled the law for us, including that of tithing; we can deduce from these scripture that Christ has payed all the that we need to pay and we need not pay anything in addition (same way he is our sin offering, our sabbath fulfillment, in Him we are circumcized, etc). There is a scripture that shows that Jesus actually paid tithes for us all:

7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. 8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth. 9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. 10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him - Hebrew 7

Levi paid tithes in the loins of Abraham because he was the son of Jacob, grandson to Abraham.

Christ, who descended from the tribe of Judah, also paid tithes in Abraham.

Christ, has thus paid all the tithes we need to pay today.

Truth is our righteousness is but filthy rags before God. Except this righteousness is not of his son, it shall not be acceptable before God. The beuty of Christianity is that our entrace to heaven is by the righteousness of another, even Christ. That is what it means to be saved by grace and not by works.

In addition, true righteousness or holiness, is worship of God. Except our worship is by the Spirit (of Christ) it shall not be acceptable before God (John 4). When we trust Jesus to have paid all tithes on our behalf, and all that is left is for us to give, as the Spirit prompts us, and not according to law, or by compulsion, our righteousness is acceptable before God.

Anyone who thinks his paying of tithes, giving, going to church, living holy, etc, is what will save him, and he trusts in that righteousness, that person will be damned in hell forever!
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Enigma(m): 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Just a quick question, how many people (especially those arguing in favour of tithing) support the following statement?

"Regular payment of tithe and offering is obligatory because it is God's command. It is God's way of providing for the ministers in the Church. The ministers and other church employees are paid their food, allowance through tithe.

The offering is used to cater for the needy in the Church.

Tithe and Offering must be paid on every income e.g. salary, profit from business transaction .....

The tithe is exclusively for the minister's welfare.
"

smiley

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by made2fit(f): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
I don't see why we should keep on recycling this tithe issue. All what is needed to be said has been made known in previous numerous topics and posts that would forever be permanent (as long as NL liveth). Let's engage yourselves in weightier matters of the spirit. Lol. abeg!
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by omigreat: 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
But it should be noted too that regular payment of tithe is not a direct ticket to heaven...
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
made2fit: I don't see why we should keep on recycling this tithe issue. All what is needed to be said has been made known in previous numerous topics and posts that would forever be permanent (as long as NL liveth). Let's engage yourselves in weightier matters of the spirit. Lol. abeg!
stop dancing round a circle and answer the question. Forget the other thread 4 now. Now, will i go to hell if i dnt pay tithe? Ur reasons pls.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by trustman: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
I made a post titled - STILL ON TITHING, ETC: THE BOOK OF ACTS GAVE US THE SOLUTION
I recommend reading it.
A number of things need to be borne i mind in looking at the issue of
where Christians stand in relation to the Mosaic law or the Old Testament
in general. A few points:
1. The 21st century Christian is not the first set of the body of Christ.
2. Do we know more of the Christian way of life than the Apostles did?
3. Did the Apostles give us what we need for the Christian way of life?
4. What blueprint can we find in the epistles for the Christian way of life?
5. Where the epistles and the Apostles resolved an issue are we at liberty
to still say today that they did not do a good job at it?
6. What does it mean to be under a new Covenant?
7. Is God's system for the CHURCH the same as for Israel or other dispensations?
8. Is the Christian called upon to go back to any ritual or peculiar practice of the old covenant?
I think a sincere look at these few points above should help a DISCERNING believer know where he
should stand in relation to an issue such as tithing.
Heb. 8: 13a - "In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete".
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by made2fit(f): 1:00am On Nov 21, 2013
Ukuts gp: stop dancing round a circle and answer the question. Forget the other thread 4 now. Now, will i go to hell if i dnt pay tithe? Ur reasons pls.
No! Tithe payment is not required of Christians. No where in the bible are believers explictly enjoined to pay tithe to gain God's approval. Salvation is strictly by faith in Christ Jesus not in keeping some legalistic aspect of the law.

1 Like

Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:58am On Nov 21, 2013
Hmm serious
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
@christiscoming. Do u mean that non-tither will go to hell?
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2013
I am really beginning to think that this tithe of a thing is a scam

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 10:26am On Nov 23, 2013
Ukuts gp: I am really beginning to think that this tithe of a thing is a scam

The biggest institutionalised scam in the history of mankind. angry
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2013
Ok i see
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:10am On Nov 24, 2013
@pastor kun. I think it is since they are cleverly avoiding the questions in this thread.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:33am On Nov 24, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The biggest institutionalised scam in the history of mankind. angry
is that so.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2013
Are there no tithers in house again. I need answers to this all important question.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:27am On Nov 24, 2013
Tithe wahala
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:00am On Nov 24, 2013
Hmm
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 11:46am On Nov 24, 2013
omigreat: But it should be noted too that regular payment of tithe is not a direct ticket to heaven...
true talk
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 11:51am On Nov 24, 2013
Where is christiscoming to answer many questions above? I haven't seen him answer any of the questions put to him. To add more questions, where in the bible are some laws called moral law, ceremonial, sacrificial etc ?.
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
Waiting for them too
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
So all the tithers are asleep now. Amazing
Re: Inviting Tithers And Non-tithers: Will One Go To Hell If One Dont Pay Tithe? by Christiscoming: 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
The 9 Testimonies on TITHING from HEAVEN & HELL visions

Here are 9 people who testify of meeting Jesus face to face in Heaven or Hell (or both) either through dying & returning or in open vision experiences. They come from many 7 different nations showing God is spreading this warning message about Tithing widely to many.

1) Pastor Brani Duyon – After dying and going to Heaven he was given 6 Messages from the Lord & to tell the Church upon his return

Message 4 – “Tell My children, they must be obedient to give tithes and offerings,” said the Lord Jesus. While Jesus was giving me this message, He said “My child, look there” He showed me beautiful houses which are ready for His children. “My child, these houses are ready, I prepared for all My children that believe and are obedient to Me.” Then He showed me incomplete houses. I asked “Lord, why are these houses not yet completed?” The Lord Jesus said “My child, these houses belong to My children that are not generous giving tithe and offerings. These houses will be ready and completed AFTER My children give more tithes and offerings in My House.”

2.) Ricardo Cid – 8 Hours in Heaven testimony

I started running up and down the gold street and picking up gold dust and sprinkling it on my body. And then the Lord told me to come back and tell you that there are streets of gold in heaven. “All this belongs to my people,” the Lord said. “But, in my church there are many thieves who steal my tithes and offerings! Tell my people that no thief will enter my kingdom in heaven!” We need to straighten up our lives for the Lord

3. Laura Wanma – Testimony of Heaven and Hell

While on a visitation to Hell with the Lord Jesus Laura testifies – ‘I saw a lot of people being tortured, and Jesus said to me “These people are not faithful with their tithe.”’
Read the full testimony here

4.) Choo Thomas – Heaven is So Real book

Choo was told by the Lord: “The only ones who will go there (Heaven) are the obedient and pure-hearted children. Tell my Children to preach the gospel. I am coming soon for those who are waiting and ready for Me.” The Lord added “Those who don’t Tithe are disobedient children”
”Should I tell this to anyone Lord?” Choo asked.
“I want you to tell it to everyone. Write down everything I show you and tell you” said the Lord. And … “Any Christian who doesnt tithe will not be blessed because they love money more than my word. Those who love money more than My Word will never see my Kingdom. You already know where they be at the end” said the Lord

5.) The 7 Colombian Youths – Revelation of Heaven & Hell (vision trip to Hell)

We arrived in a place that looked like a big swimming pool of fire, with thousands of men and women inside of it. Each of them had metal plate on their chest that read: “I am here for not giving tithes and offerings” When I read that, I asked the Lord, “Lord, how can this be possible, that people are here for this reason??” The Lord responded, “Yes, because these people thought that tithes and offerings were not important, when my Word shows it as a command.” In Malachi 3:8-9 it says “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed Thee?’ In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you.” The Lord told me that when His people withhold their tithes, it hinders the work of the Lord, and then the Gospel is not preached. People in this place suffered a thousand times worse than others, because they knew the Word of the Lord and disobeyed.

6) Queen Dixie – A Gate of Hell (vision a trip to Hell)

The GOD of all ages spoke directly to me, this is what He said to me, and let me just say that He was ANGRY. When He spoke, His voice went through my bones like a massive vibration!!! All I could do is just lay there and hear my master speak. He said: “This is the end of all sin if you do not serve me with your whole heart. I will use you to save others but you will die and go to hell. If you do not serve me with your whole heart, then you serve Me not at all.” Then the Lord of hosts got even angrier and said: “tithes and offerings are a commandment. This is how my word is preached; this is what takes care of my churches!” The Lord said: “You go and tell them….without holiness, no man can enter into my Kingdom” The Lord said to me exactly what was in the bible: “Be ye holy as I am holy!!!!”

7.) Pastor Park Yong Gyu – Visit to Heaven & Hell: 1-1000 Testimony

After arriving in Heaven ….The Lord then asked me five questions. Question 5 was: “Did you tithe properly?”…. I continued with my questions, “What shall I do on Earth to provide more materials for my home?” The angels replied, “There are seven things one must do to build up their materials to build their home. …. Fifth, one’s offering to the Lord. Sixth, their obedience in giving tithes to God….

After visiting Hell …. I then saw many pastors, elders, and deacons in Hell. I asked the angel, “I know them. They had served God faithfully while on the Earth. They had died some time ago. We all had thought they were in Heaven with God. But now, I see them all in Hell and they are crying out that it is so hot! Why are they here?” There were so many pastors, elders, deacons and all other lay believers.

The angel answered, “Pastor Park Yong Gyu, a person can appear to be a true follower of Christ on the outside but God knows the heart. They did not tithe properly (other sins were also named, see full testimony for details) ….On their death beds, they thought they had done a good job so they did not repent of those things. This is why they were thrown in the fires of Hell.”

8. Angelica Zambrano 2nd visit to Heaven & Hell

Among all those people (in Hell), I heard someone saying, “I ask for your forgiveness now Lord, because I have stolen from you, forgive me for stealing, I stole from you Lord and I do not want to do it again.” I asked, “Lord, who is he and why does he say he stole from You?” “My child I will show you who he is.” We entered his cell and I saw a disfigured man. The flames opened up and I could see that he was being tormented. All those people who are in hell have a plaque on their chest, and 666 on their forehead.

This man extended his hand and said, “Lord forgive me.” I asked, “Why are you here?”… He replied, “I’ll tell you my story. I was a Christian leader, for 20 years I had known Christ, but during the 20 years I said: all that money from my tithing and offerings were just to sustain the pastors, but now I regret it because I understand and I know that it wasn’t for them, it was for the Lord, and that is why I say I have stolen from God. At this very moment there are many people on Earth that are robbing the Lord like I did. When you return to Earth, tell all those people who don’t want to give their offerings and tithes, not to steal from the Lord, otherwise, they’ll wind up in Hell, and no thief will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I knew the Holy Word, now I regret it and realize I robbed the Lord.” (Mal 3,cool He said, “Tell the people when they give to God, give the Lord with true love.” (2Cor 9,7) This man kept pleading, “Lord forgive me”, and the Lord replied, “It is too late, there is no opportunity for you.”

9. Pastor Yong Doo Kim, The Lord’s Church Korea – Vision of Pastors and Christians in Hell (http://www.spiritlessons.com/Narrow/index.htm)

Pastor Kim shares what he has been shown in visions of Heaven & Hell during all night prayer meetings regarding non-tithing and other issues that can disqualify believers from Heaven and send them to Hell in line with Matt 7,21-23.

CONCLUSION - “This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world.” (1 John 5, 3-4).’

(1) (2) (Reply)

Therationa, Who Created You, God Or By Evolution. / Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him / Pastor Chris Storms His Hometown With His Private Jet For A Convention (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.