Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,240 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:08 AM

Asup Strike Update - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Asup Strike Update (6919 Views)

ASUU Strike Update: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU / ASUU Strike Update: Crucial Meeting Said To Be Holding Today / Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
shegzy4luv: good for u guys do u need the phone number of Bldr. Patrick Hussein?
4get abt that builder jare, make i no just talk say na him leg dey cause,.........
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
Abuklaw: haaaaa! Then what the hell is going on in fedepe? Salaksmana, what is happening now!!
Brother I don't know o. I was in school this week and every where was just dry. God'll intervene
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2013
Happy new month @ y'all. When are we resuming? Next year?
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
salaksmana: Happy new month @ y'all. When are we resuming? Next year?
yes next year. I support the team next year now
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 04, 2013
Strike is 2months old today, 62days gone already and no news nothing.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2013
salaksmana: Strike is 2months old today, 62days gone already and no news nothing.
don't leave out 'still counting' what a clueless body!! Smh
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
Hmmmmmmnn, silence everywhere, nobody is talking about ASUP strike, ASUP itself ain't talking, NAPS ultimatum expired yesterday, so what is gonna happen? oga oo

1 Like

Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 7:57am On Dec 09, 2013
salaksmana: Hmmmmmmnn, silence everywhere, nobody is talking about ASUP strike, ASUP itself ain't talking, NAPS ultimatum expired yesterday, so what is gonna happen? oga oo
i said it when they issued the ultimatum that it was just another empty threat by a toothless dog. I'm indeed fed up of this trend and will become pessimistic of our resumption,even early next year as projected by some people.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 12, 2013
By now 2013/2014 session is suppose to be on, but 2012/2013 session is not completed yet. oga ooo
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 7:45am On Dec 14, 2013
Well! Asup is working underneath but isn't receiving Media recognition. I was in school yesterday and spent atleast 2 hours in the marketing department's HOD office. He played the recorded meeting with the FG while i was there to other unionist in his office. To hit the nail on the head...... Strike continues
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2013
Abuklaw: Well! Asup is working underneath but isn't receiving Media recognition. I was in school yesterday and spent atleast 2 hours in the marketing department's HOD office. He played the recorded meeting with the FG while i was there to other unionist in his office. To hit the nail on the head...... Strike continues
Well done bro, that I think signifies next year. Was the meeting a recent one?
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
Yes. It was held earlier dis week
Re: Asup Strike Update by adexdon(m): 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
Rumz
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 11:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
salaksmana: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/no-plans-yet-to-call-off-strike-says-asup/166704/
i have gone through this earlier but the unconfirmed info that reach me in the latter part of today informed me that Ede want to opt out of the strike and that Jan 6 has been fixed for resumption.
Details later
Re: Asup Strike Update by adexdon(m): 9:36am On Dec 18, 2013
ASUP Strike: FG Meets 80 Percent of Polytechnic Lecturers’ Demand – Wike
Mr. Wike appealed to polytechnic governing councils to intervene in the ASUP strike The Supervising Minister for Education, Nyesom Wike, said the Federal Government would pay the N20.8 billion arrears owed polytechnic staff as soon as the procedure for payment was
concluded.
Mr. Wike stated this at a meeting with the Committee of Pro-Chancellors of Federal Polytechnics in Abuja on Tuesday.
He said the Federal Government had met over 80
per cent of the demands of the Academic Staff
Union of Polytechnics (ASUP).
According to him, the only thing left to be done is
the release of the white-paper on the
implementation of their demands.
ASUP embarked on strike on October 4 after expressing its disappointment at the Federal Government’s `cold attitude’ to polytechnic education in Nigeria.
He said that contrary to insinuations by the union, the present administration held the polytechnic staff in high esteem.
Hence, the setting up of the Needs Assessment to
determine the level of decay in schools and how much would be needed by the Federal Government to revive the institutions, he said.
The minister called on the Committee of Pro- Chancellors of Federal Polytechnics to mediate in the impasse between the Federal Government and ASUP to ensure that Nigerian students return to schools.
He, however, urged the committee to work toward ensuring that the institutions return to their original mandate of producing skilled medium level manpower to drive the economy.
Earlier, Ebenezer Babatope, Chairman of the
committee of pro-chancellors, called on the
minister to facilitate the resolution of the strike by
the ASUP.
He also called on the ministry to work toward the
release of the white paper of the Visitation Panels
to Federal Polytechnics and pay arrears owed to
polytechnic staff.
The meeting was attended by officials of the National Board for Technical Education and chairmen of 14 governing councils of polytechnics.
(NAN)
Re: Asup Strike Update by Mpetempe(m): 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
oluwatunmishe: [color=#990000][/color]I sincerely appr8 u guys effort 2wards 'UknowWHAT'may God bless our hustle,I heard d ASUU brodaz strike is likely gonna be called off dis 2day i tink our best prays rite nao is GOD suld jus speak 2 d fools called ASUP 2 jus swallow dia foolish n resuming simutaneously wit dia broda(@ least dt wuld make dia strike seem as well lyk a solidarity stike for ASUU)cos unlike ASUU strike is not a potent means of negotiation 4 asup. BTW am aspiring NASpoly or FEDpoffa (hopeful naspoly though LOL).
don't ever accept any admission given to you by any polytechnic or else you will live to regret it. Can't you understand the struggle of asup and ASUU in Nigeria? I regretted accepting my poly admission.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Mpetempe(m): 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
I still can't understand why Asup and Fg is doing this to We poly students. Anyway, am writting jamb next yr. God pass una.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2013
Mpetempe: I still can't understand why Asup and Fg is doing this to We poly students. Anyway, am writting jamb next yr. God pass una.
if you like write ijmb! What do u want those graduating this year to do? Write pgd huh?
We want Asup to mitigate our pain and call off the fucking strike.
Inferiority complex isn't good for health! Be superior in deeds and utterances.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 21, 2013
Yet another beautiful morning! I can't believe my fellow poly students in other schs still suffer under this careless and unprofitable union called ASUP. A union that lack stands and merit, a union that has no control of it bodies... I sincerely wish all polys will emulate my poly, fed. Poly. Ilaro who pulled out of the strike weeks back. The remaining schs still in the struggle may later have themselves to blame cos the union has lost everything. I pray God have his way again in polytechnics across the country.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Mpetempe(m): 10:41am On Dec 21, 2013
LARRYDKING: Yet another beautiful morning! I can't believe my fellow poly students in other schs still suffer under this careless and unprofitable union called ASUP. A union that lack stands and merit, a union that has no control of it bodies... I sincerely wish all polys will emulate my poly, fed. Poly. Ilaro who pulled out of the strike weeks back. The remaining schs still in the struggle may later have themselves to blame cos the union has lost everything. I pray God have his way again in polytechnics across the country.

Am happy the management of your school took good and wise decision... My oko poly is the father founded of asup, but our rector is hard working and wise sha.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 21, 2013
Mpetempe:

Am happy the management of your school took good and wise decision... My oko poly is the father founded of asup, but our rector is hard working and wise sha.

That's what happens when a top official of a union is a staff of an institution, he will be so extreme in making the institution abide by the laid down rules.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
LARRYDKING:

That's what happens when a top official of a union is a staff of an institution, he will be so extreme in making the institution abide by the laid down rules.
the problem in Ede is that of Management vs Asup (similar to what happen in the university when Fg forced the schools opened and ASUU refused to go to classroom). we're praying that everything get sort out before mid january.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Silence everywhere, ASUP ain't talking, FG ain't talking.
Re: Asup Strike Update by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 07, 2014
Re: Asup Strike Update by Abuklaw(m): 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
a meeting was held today in ede between Asup, ede chapter and school management. But details of the meeting will be update later

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Federal Polytechnic Idah Hostel Acomodation Queue Method / Difference Between B.sc Economics And B.sc (edu)economic / Sales Of Auchi Poly 2016/2017 Nd Form Has Been Extended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.