Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware (10668 Views)

FG Plans Processes For Affordable Housing In Nigeria / A / Guide To Knowing Fraudulent Agents On Nairaland Properties Forum! Buyers Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by MayorofLagos(m): 9:08am On Nov 20, 2013
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), Monday asked the National Assembly to abolish the Federal Housing Authority (FHA) Act, describing its existence and operation as an anathema to the 1999 Constitution.

He also charged the operatives of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) against arbitrarily arresting of motorists on the state roads while declaring wanted an officer, Mr. Michael Ekundayo caught on camera collecting bribe.

The governor said this at the induction of new special traffic mayors at the LTV Complex, Agidingbi, warning some persons operating as the traffic officers of local government areas and local council development areas.Fashola, who personally inducted traffic mayors along with the Deputy Governor, Mrs. Adejoke Adefulire-Orelope, said road traffic management “is not the responsibility of the local councils. I believe it is a gang of miscreants. I do not think they represent any local government or local development authority.

”[size=14pt]On the FHA abolition, Fashola acknowledged that the state government “has unresolved issues with the authority concerning FESTAC Town. Some of the taxes and land charges collected by the federal government are not given to the state.”He, therefore, said FHA “is an anathema to the 1999 Constitution. I do not see the reason the federal government that does not own land in any state get itself involved in housing scheme. [/size]

I do not see why it should have a housing authority.“It was created during the military administration. Now in the civilian administration, this is one of the laws that the National Assembly needs to amend or repeal to bring them to conformity with the current dispensation. I do not know why the federal government gets itself involve in the provision of housing when it does not have land.

”He, also, explained the primary responsibility of LASTMA, noting that it was “to keep the state traffic moving. This is the reason the agency exists. Arresting traffic offenders is secondary. If making an arrest will increase the traffic, let the offenders go.  I say this not because I do not want law breakers to be apprehended and brought to justice.“But law breakers cannot undermine our main objective. The longer people stay in traffic, the more money are wasted is fuel burnt. This leads to increase in the price of goods in the state. But with a moving traffic, price of goods will be stable,” the governor explained.Fashola, however, commended a citizen who  got the video of the LASTMA officer caught negotiating bribe inside a citizen’s car, noting that the officer, who negotiated bribes, had been declared wanted.According to him, we must all nail and shame him. We must all use that kind of medium to fish out all the bad eggs in the society and bring them to justice. The officer is still on the run, but we have declared him wanted. I can assure you today that we will get him. As soon as we do, we will give him all his rights, and he will have his days in court.He, also, warned young people against skating on the state roads, noting that they “cannot skate on the highways. I implore all parents to call their wards to order because any child found skating on the high will be arrested and brought to justice.  “It must stop today. Skating on the highway has to stop now. The danger is too much and it is the responsibility of the government to save life. We are not discouraging them from doing so. But they should do that in designated places like recreation centres, stadia and others,” the governor explained.

These land use decrees have been discussed here many times and to point to the fact that the constitution does not give any protection to citizen's right of occupancy on any land. It does however recognize the right of citizen to acquire land. Recognition is not the same as protection and the Governor has clarified now as we have said numerously that Federal Govt does not own any land in Lagos. It is a occupant and pays lease and taxes as decreed by the Lagos Customary Laws.

If you own one of the Federal units in Festac, 1004, or any of the other Federal Housing in Lagos or anywhere else for that matter, this is heads up!

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2013
OMG!!! Am i 1st 2 comment Dis is sooo sooo wonderful.. 1st i'd luv 2 thank God 4 d gift of lyf, special thanks 2 NEPA/PHCN/whateva dy are nw 4 d rare gift of lyt 2 charge my ba3, tnx 2 seun, special tnx 2 nairalanders who taught me hw 2 book space, tnx 2 d mods 4 movin dis topic 2 fp, tnx 2 evry1 who's contributd one way or d oda esp my frndz fashola, gudluck, sambo, david mark, tony anenih, obj, ibb 2 mentn but a few.. I luv u all!!

Nw leme read d post nd i'l comment lera...

7 Likes

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Sunglow: 12:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Ojeremi(m): 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
.3rd to comment, for the first time in my life and I will be able to get a chance to win the best nairalander of the year
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Skullomania(m): 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
brb
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by iterator25: 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
Omo na period people de take comment these days

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pishures or didnt happen. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
Damager: .
What does it mean to book space and use "." ?

Why do Nigerians love creating social stratification wherever they are just like Animal Kingdom.
Always fighting for something.

If you got nothing to say, just back off.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Paularus(m): 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ok,point noted
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Fazhy: 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
I have been expecting this skating issue for long. I hate it when I see those guys/gals on high way.

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by maclatunji: 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Legal fireworks will ensue if Lagos State decides to pursue its perceived rights on the matter. Moreover, it will become a very hot political potato.

I think Lagos State will cut its losses and not go to "war" over this.
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by omoba007(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nice one fashooooo.
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by hooper: 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
THIS IS AN EPITOME OF GOOD GOVERNMENT..
FASHOLA CARRY ON,
HATERS, WILL DIE OF BP.
BRIBERY IS A SIN IN LAGOS
IBILE UNITED
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by fckyourman: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
Damager: .

See your life, when your mates are hustling you are there booking space.

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by PeroRemzy(m): 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
see me see gbege.....wahala dey

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by alphaconde(m): 12:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
Space is hard to get on nairaland now, I wanted the first space but I would just manage this one.

Back to the topic.
Every sector in this country is prone to fraud why?

Satelite fraud
Internet fraud
Atm fraud
Bank fraud
Pension fraud
Election fraud
Employment fraud
Aviation fraud
Now housing fraud.
Why?

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Big4wig(m): 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Thanks op for d awareness u created.

Buh did u know dat Today is supposed to be Boyfriends day! Ladies surprise your man today..collect His account number..put something there! It wont kill you,You wont die!

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
Yepa Jonathan...you don kill us...una no wan pay tax to Lagos State
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Elcapo(m): 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by alotofgrace(m): 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
deh don suck oil blocks finish, deh don suck SURE-P finish, na house remain bah?

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by eluquenson(m): 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
Govt tackles Govt, FHA or not we don't have a responsible govt, & how could a state recruit touts as Lastma officials & yet want them to be prudent in their job.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by deniceguy(m): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
What do people do with all the extra time they save by writing ''.'' instead of actually writing something?
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Muttex(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
ok ooo oga FASH don talk im own...i dislike some of those guys called lastma. so many of them are tout...sack them oga fash jare
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
I think this tread should just base on those guys skating on the high way, and I will like to know their reasons for doing that because I don't why some pple will just be puting their life at risk sometimes.
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by s3nn2x(m): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
The topic is misleading.

So what happens to those that already owns FG properties in Lagos?

I think the OP is an alarmist.

1 Like

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by ayusco85(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Oh my God. shocked. And i just bought a bungalow in the estate last week. Does it mean i was duped?
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Akshow: 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
nutty_hnic:
What does it mean to book space and use "." ?

Why do Nigerians love creating social stratification wherever they are just like Animal Kingdom.
Always fighting for something.

If you got nothing to say, just back off.
he has said what he wants to say ntoooooorrr!!! Abeg loosen up joor. U too de uptight. What he did is what I call smart. Check again he has modified the post and he is already getting likes for it.
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
Akshow: he has said what he wants to say ntoooooorrr!!! Abeg loosen up joor. U too de uptight. What he did is what I call smart. Check again he has modified the post and he is already getting likes for it.

I tire oo sum ppl just want 2 4m business-minded as if dm dy pay dm... Anyways i'l comment lera
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by GoodlukJonathan: 1:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
Noted
Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by deolumike(m): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2013
Section 49 of the Land Use Act. Exemption with respect to Federal Government lands, etc.

(1) Nothing in this Act shall affect any title to land, whether developed or undevel-
oped, held by the Federal Government or any agency of the Federal Government at the
commencement of this Act and, accordingly, any such land shall continue to vest in the
Federal Government or the agency concerned.

(2) In this section, "agency" includes any statutory corporation or any other statutory
body (whether corporate or unincorporate) or any company wholly owned by the Federal
Government.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Housing In Lagos - Buyers Beware by farem: 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ojeremi: .3rd to comment, for the first time in my life and I will be able to get a chance to win the best nairalander of the year
[color=#9900
At least your life ambition is being realised. *smiliing*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Land Taxes That Could Bankrupt You If Your Not Aware Of Them / BRICKS AND STONES FOR WALLS On Display (With Picture) @epic_ceramics / BEST & AFFORDABLE BUILDING APPROVAL PLAN, CONSTRUCTION AND APPROVAL DRAWING IN N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.