Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members (38643 Views)

NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members / 2014 Batch C Corps Members Posted To Imo State / Okorocha Begins Payment Of N10,000 Alawi To Imo Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by sholaywithall: 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
It s trrue oh,I didn't see alerrt too,batch A,4platoon.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by emmymdk: 11:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Okorocha,the more you look the less you see Gov
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Funpeter: 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
crisycent: I'm serving in imo, tho still on orientation stuff. If dis governor no pay d 10k wen hin promise, I go give 10,000 imo girls belle and I no go pay pride price. grin
Walahi i support you nd na to start baby factory that's more than enough.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Amoda84(m): 12:15am On Nov 21, 2013
You are even lucky to get 10k, my sis served at Ideato LG in Imo for 1year and never got a dime from the state yet okoracha is paying corpers 10k only on media. Infact, seeing the long list of projects he claimed he has executed within his few years in office, you will honestly believe that state has been completely transformed. So much for naija politrick-ians!
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by cosmatika(m): 12:17am On Nov 21, 2013
alhaji abdulahi rochASS ojoro-ocha is a thief. wen he got into power, he wz making noise wit "obodo nile emepechala òfóó ndi okigwe na orlu"(every town has developed except okigwe & orlu). He said he ll develop okigwe, dualize d road & put it in the world map. He destroyed ppl s properties in d process, some which was jst political war on PDP members lyk Cho genesis hotel. Almost 3yrs have passed, visit okigwe nw & U ll see dat its worse dan it used to be. He lyks making promises he cnt kip. Na only on women waist em dey fufil em promise. mess APC, mess cockROCHASS
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:50am On Nov 21, 2013
Lol @ op. At least him pay u 10,000(even though him dey lie abt lyk say na every month) come serve for Ogun state naa, if you c 1,000 u go happy.

No money but the man(Ogun state gov) dey build 'bridge with AC for Abeokuta ' ..... Person go sleep 4 there?

Misplaced priority!!!

Infact, don't get me started on Ogun state governor, I no wan vex this night
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by NOLONGTIN1(m): 1:13am On Nov 21, 2013
the warrior72: undecided Okorocha the con artist, the clown is busy wasting imo state scarce resources on Islamic new convert from nkwere.

Lol, the man na real politician.
You think say Governor na him problem? The guy get money die, he just needs power(presidency).

He did all that to appease/appeal to our muslim brothers in the North.

Back to the matter @ hand, I've never like Rochas, I feel he is proud or too 'showeee ', if the man wan give u N5 him go first find camera.

But sha, the man better pass Ohakim!!!
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by NOLONGTIN1(m): 1:40am On Nov 21, 2013
Abagworo: Most States pay roughly 5000 Naira depending on where you work while some States do not pay at all. Youth Service is more or less a sacrifice and not where to make money. The OP and whoever put this in front page just did it to generate expected remarks and definitely knows that States are not meant to pay corpers.

Are you for real? You probably haven't served that's why you are saying these....

So ' Youth Service is more or less a sacrifice and not where to make money' abi

That's why a governor that claims he pays coppers 10,000 every month can b pardon for lying abi?

I pray when you serve, FG will reduce/stop paying you allawi since na sacrifice, so you go know Hw it feels.

I feel for the OP, you don't know Hw it feels serving in another state, surviving on 19,800. I served in Ogun state, we were made to believe we would be paid 5,000 per month working for state government..... That story should be well known here, I don tire to dey Tlk am.

But if Amosun had been sincere with us telling us he prefers to build 'bridges with AC' than pay Coppers, I for dey my house or go private school dey do my NYSC.

I sincerely believe you would have berated this man if he was still in APGA

Sometimes I wonder if you and berem can ever see something wrong with an APC gov/person.
They can do no wrong in ur eyes(perfect) ..... If dem no dey pay you for this, you mess up!
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by NOLONGTIN1(m): 1:55am On Nov 21, 2013
Psychedelia:

You are by far the most pathetic excuse for an advocate ever. Your reasoning is not only completely bereft of intellect; you also end up making your hero Rochas come off as an even bigger knuckle-dragging buffoon for hiring a semi-demi-numbskull like you... That is if you're even paid to be an iidiot on the internet, and not an actual jobless idler playing 'Valkyrie' for that vagabond Rochas.

Look at the bolded part of your post and tell me you don't deserve to have the golden Senate mace shoved up your asss.

Your post exemplifies the degree of shamelessness exhibited by thugs whose pants have been pulled down at the marketsquare.

Look at you pointing at Rivers State in a bid to make yourself and your thuggish clown feel better.

Well, hello there Sweetz! Your thought process can also be used to defend that President you love to spit crap about:

Psychedelia: "Mistuh Prezzidint! Vwat are yo goween toe doo about the poverty sweeping zhe nezzion?"

Jonathan: "Look at Zimbabwe. It is far worse"

Psychedelia: "Mistuh Prezzidint, do you av enny plans to address zhe low socio-economic position of zhe wimminz in Nonjiriyuh?"

Jonathan: "Look at Afghanistan. The Talibans are doing far worse".

Of course if Jonathan came out with iidiotic responses like the ones stated above, hypocritical blockheads like you, Agbayamental, Dumdum and Aba-Agbero would be spamming the whole place with your rancid filth.

Us neutrals have no option than to see you "progressives" as what you really are - Asscociation of Pathetic Conmen.

Guy!!! If I don c this ur post on time, I for no comment at all. Wish there was a delete button.

You hit the nail on the head
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by igboboy1(m): 5:43am On Nov 21, 2013
oh well it in their (APC) nature... trickery...

APC said they want national confab but as soon as gej launch the thing they changed mouth... cant trust peopl that talk with both sides of their mouth...2015 Rochas must go
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by tonychristopher: 6:05am On Nov 21, 2013
olabukola: Erosion people and Erosion GOV? He is a progressive gov so don't question him otherwise you become PDP man. Ibos and money.

Nigerians in Nigeria are in deep mess, is this how he will be president? Op are you from IMO?

thats why your stupid...ibos and money,right yorubas and stupidity and jealousy. money rules the world.it seems that this your too much peppry oil food you consume with cooking soups with broom and eating on poe has affected your reasoning. well i think your type is a retard.the energy your father used to fuckkkk your mum to give birth to you is wasted effort. did he even pay her bride price.

stupid idiot

2 Likes

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by anonimi: 6:57am On Nov 21, 2013
Amoda84: You are even lucky to get 10k, my sis served at Ideato LG in Imo for 1year and never got a dime from the state yet okoracha is paying corpers 10k only on media. Infact, seeing the long list of projects he claimed he has executed within his few years in office, you will honestly believe that state has been completely transformed. So much for naija politrick-ians!

That is what the smart crooks in ACN/APC are known for- do something once and bring plenty media for propaganda.
Or announce that you WILL (future tense) do something and do plenty propaganda about the future activity that may never happen.
How many times has Alhaji Aregbesola of the "state of Osun" done the "free" train rides for Sallah and farmers taking produce to Lagos
I forgot he is busy mobilising "observers" for Ngige's Anambra elections.

Anyway that is because they take us for MUMUs seeing as some of us continue to support them blind bats. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by PrinceJustice(m): 7:02am On Nov 21, 2013
anonimi:

That is what the smart crooks in ACN/APC are known for- do something once and bring plenty media for propaganda.
Or announce that you WILL (future tense) do something and do plenty propaganda about the future activity that may never happen.
How many times has Alhaji Aregbesola of the "state of Osun" done the "free" train rides for Sallah and farmers taking produce to Lagos
I forgot he is busy mobilising "observers" for Ngige's Anambra elections.

Anyway that is because they take us for MUMUs seeing as some of us continue to support them blind bats. shocked shocked

*in 2baba's voice*
Ebi like say dem want to tell us another story again e oh!
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by drpompay(m): 7:03am On Nov 21, 2013
Op, y r u playing with peeps intelligence!
From ur post, u were paid in 9/10/13 by d Imo state govt, that's last month, and u now claim that for almost a yr (as if we r in 2014 already).
Why have u peeps turned nairaland in2 a place to propagate falsehood
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by FlyboyZee: 7:04am On Nov 21, 2013
Buoyantic: if i hear
If in doubt, ask her point blank...
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by PasD(m): 7:07am On Nov 21, 2013
ikennaoma: I laughed when I saw this thread. I will conclude that there are many unmatured fellow in this Nairaland. @ OP u could have waited till d end of this month b4 complaining. U knw one thing 4 a state that hv many agencies 2 pay salaries is not an easy task 4 d banks incharge to handle this transfers very easily u knw hw NEFT transfers work. And another thing I must point out 4rm ur thread is that d state and Fed govt paid u d same day so have u received ur Oct allowance 4rm Fed govt

Yes. I. Have
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by PasD(m): 7:18am On Nov 21, 2013
drpompay: Op, y r u playing with peeps intelligence!
From ur post, u were paid in 9/10/13 by d Imo state govt, that's last month, and u now claim that for almost a yr (as if we r in 2014 already).

Its not false myfriend!!!! If he has paid me why would I come here to spread lies? Take ur time b4 I command lightening!
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Onyegecha(f): 7:34am On Nov 21, 2013
Is it not a weeping shame; a great tragedy that people will mortgage their consciences to the extent that they become anti-truth, anti-reasoning, anti-logic whenever any matter concerns their master's numerous misdeeds and atrocities against humanity?

NO LONG TIN:

Are you for real? You probably haven't served that's why you are saying these....

So ' Youth Service is more or less a sacrifice and not where to make money' abi

That's why a governor that claims he pays coppers 10,000 every month can b pardon for lying abi?

I pray when you serve, FG will reduce/stop paying you allawi since na sacrifice, so you go know Hw it feels.

I feel for the OP, you don't know Hw it feels serving in another state, surviving on 19,800. I served in Ogun state, we were made to believe we would be paid 5,000 per month working for state government..... That story should be well known here, I don tire to dey Tlk am.

But if Amosun had been sincere with us telling us he prefers to build 'bridges with AC' than pay Coppers, I for dey my house or go private school dey do my NYSC.

I sincerely believe you would have berated this man if he was still in APGA

Sometimes I wonder if you and berem can ever see something wrong with an APC gov/person.
They can do no wrong in ur eyes(perfect) ..... If dem no dey pay you for this, you mess up!
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by ignis: 7:41am On Nov 21, 2013
Must Nigerians bring in politics into every little thing?
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by anonimi: 7:51am On Nov 21, 2013
ignis: Must Nigerians bring in politics into every little thing?

Yes, because politics is everything.
Okorocha who promised (and was PRAISED) to pay 10k to all corpers did it to polish his image for immediate & future political gains.
QED!!!

For how much longer shall we remain MUMUs for these looters to play with shocked
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 21, 2013
NO LONG TIN: Lol @ op. At least him pay u 10,000(even though him dey lie abt lyk say na every month) come serve for Ogun state naa, if you c 1,000 u go happy.

No money but the man(Ogun state gov) dey build 'bridge with AC for Abeokuta ' ..... Person go sleep 4 there?

Misplaced priority!!!

Infact, don't get me started on Ogun state governor, I no wan vex this night
Ogun state pays corpers who served in public schools 55,000 at the end of their service year, though not all, stop spreading false information... You ll not get paid because you are either serving in a private school or you didn't submit your credentials to the teaching service commission early enough
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by anonimi: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: Ogun state pays corpers who served in public schools 55,000 at the end of their service year, though not all, stop spreading false information... You ll not get paid because you are either serving in a private school or you didn't submit your credentials to the teaching service commission early enough

Do you know why not all who are eligible, having served in public schools, are paid?
What is the basis for the exclusion
Is this a way for the Ogun state government as with others to avoid recruiting qualified teachers (who will need to be paid much more) and improving the teacher:students ratio in its public schools?
What is the effect of such policy on lingering youth/graduate unemployment for which almost everyone blames the president
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Jaytee1985: 8:03am On Nov 21, 2013
Dat man is a fraud wt sugar-coated mouth,am stil servin there nw, am batch B corpers. Notin has bn received as at d tym of ds msg.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Jaytee1985: 8:16am On Nov 21, 2013
drpompay: Op, y r u playing with peeps intelligence!
Go sleep eh u, they startd service since march n he pay in september.......they are almost done if dis year runs out nw....evn afta dat payment notin was heard of him again....dat man is jst deceivin corps memba
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Odycute(f): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2013
tor! and i was seriously eyein to serve in Imo. ok na-change of plan things.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Mannastoress: 8:21am On Nov 21, 2013
PLEASE REMOVE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER ,YAHOO BOYS AND SCAMMERS WILL SHOW YOU HELL
PasD: The news everywhere is that the Imo State Government pay 10,000naira monthly allowance to Imo State Corps Members but how true is that?

I serve in Imo State and I cannot deny the fact that sometime last month I received 10,000naira credit alert from the treasury of the State Government.

But something is not right here. More than 70percent of Imo corps members did not receive this allowance and the news we heard later on was that the money was paid to only corpers posted to state govt parastatals.

But what baffles us all is the text message from the bank (credit alert content) observe something below:

Alert from Federal govt-
CR- Alert Acct: 6012225701, Amt: 19,800.00, Desc:SEPT 2013 ALLOWANCE BO NYSC ASS AVE, Date: 09/10/2013, Aval Bal: 68657.00

Alert from Imo State-
CR- Alert Acct: 6012225701, Amt: 10000.00, Desc: STATE ALLOWANCE BO NYSC ASS AVE, Date: 09/10/2013, Aval Bal: 30657.00

Observe above that the federal govt specified that its september allowance but the state govt did not specify the particular month. This is a trick because since then they have not paid us again o!

As a matter of fact in a whole year, we just received the money from state government once! Yet our amiable, good, honest governor parades the whole nation with the good news that he pays us 10k every month! What do you call that? Politics? Trick? Smart move? Whatever? I don vex.

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 21, 2013
anonimi:

Do you know why not all who are eligible, having served in public schools, are paid?
What is the basis for the exclusion
Is this a way for the Ogun state government as with others to avoid recruiting qualified teachers (who will need to be paid much more) and improving the teacher:students ratio in its public schools?
What is the effect of such policy on lingering youth/graduate unemployment for which almost everyone blames the president
Everyone who served in public schools are paid, the only reason some are not paid, is what I stated early.. They didn't file in their doc early at the teaching commission.. Getting money from the government involves lots of bureaucratic bottlenecks. Only those who file in early are considered.. You for sure know the attitude of Nigeria youths regarding procrastination..
Then at the final days, they start running helter,skelter.. When they could have done the right thing before hand.. So don't join the band wagon to criticize when you don't know the story behind.
What evidence do you have that Ogun state doesn't recruit qualified teachers? You made that up.
The issue of using corpers as cheap labour depends on the angle you at it from, the corpers have been called to serve their fatherland, which they obeyed.. The allowance is just a mere compensation, it is not for service rendered.. Teacher to student ration in Ogun state is even fair, I know of schools in the North, and some south south states that don't have permanent teachers.. They rely on services of corpers all round the year.
Batch B 2010, a friend of mine who served in Jigawa was made the VP of his school
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Okijajuju1(m): 8:32am On Nov 21, 2013
Rochas Is an impulsive governor..

This has reflected in his every move since becoming governor. Everything he has done is purely for eye service and many Imo State indigenes were quick to jump on the praise singing sycophant band wagon. I'll give you examples;

1. ‘Stipends’ for all Primary and secondary school kids in Imo State:: Its no longer news that the pupils have not received their stipends in over 1 year +. This promise was made by Rochas in 2011. Now we are approaching 2014. He probably has even forgetten that he made any such promise sef.

2. Free Kerosene.. We all remember how he lined up Imolites inside the Stadium, invited cameras and filmed himself sharing Kerosene to Imolites promising that it will become the norm. Incase you all have forgotten, it was a partnership between Rochas and Ifeanyi Ubah of Capital Oil. Today, that story is officially dead..

https://www.nairaland.com/729651/okorocha-begins-delivery-free-kerosene
3. Tuition free education for Imo State tertiary students.. Infact, he promised to pay Imo State Indigenes in the University 100,000 Naira per session & 60,000 naira to Imo State indigenes in Polytechnics. Thousands of Imo State Students have not seen a penny of this money since that announcement in NOVEMBER 2011.. Thats exactly 1 year ago.
Incase you have forgotten, this is the thread;
https://www.nairaland.com/1102409/free-tertiary-education-kicks-off-imo

4. Rochas promises free and compulsory Education for Primary and secondary school kids. And once again, people where jumping up. Its funny because we pointed out that Free basic education is a fundamental right of every child covered and paid for by the Federal government under the Universal Basic Education scheme.

5. Rochas declares HALF PRICE education for non-Imo Indigenes in Imo State University. Please what happened to this scheme?! I guess he forgot.

http://www.nigeriaschool.com.ng/2012/12/governor-rochas-okorocha-reduce-tuition-fee-for-non-indigene-imo-students-by-50-percent.html

6. Rochas declares Salary for unemployed Imo State graduates. This promise was made in May 2013. Still no show..

http://jimcaddy..fr/2013/05/gov-rochas-okorocha-to-pay-unemployed.html

Im sure the lists of promises are endless. If he cant keep promises made, then he is not a man of integrity. If he knew that he was speaking out of his a|ss, then he should come out and apologise to the people whose hopes he has dashed.

Rochas is quick to speak in front of the camera but immediately he cameras are turned off, he forgets all he has said. The Man should learn to allow his works speak for him. Imo State still looks like shyte as at the last time I was there. The State is filled with more billboards of Rochas than actual works of Rochas. The abandoned flyover in Owerri that he cam and met is still in the same shape as he met it. All he did for IMSU was to decorate their gate, leaving the rest of the school looking worse than an abandoned poultry.

In another 5 months, Rochas would have been 3 years in office as Governor and he has said so much and achieved so little.

So dear Abagworo, I know that corp members are not entitled to allowances from the State governors and thats okay. But when a State governor promises that he would make such payments, I think he is obligated to fulfill such promises. Your governor is a loud mouthed person that needs to learn to keep quite in front of newsmen and cameras.

Tanks

The gods are wise[/right]

4 Likes

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Carlmax(m): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2013
U guys are even lucky, Mimiko of Ondo state has not paid a dime 2 any corper for over two years, all we keep hearing is "they will soon pay..."
Hmmm... Na only 5K before Ooo
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Angychizzy(f): 9:15am On Nov 21, 2013
That your opinion. Leave matter abeg. There is nothing u willl do on earth that willl make all love u. Some people will cajoke u while some will praise u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Photo Of Mum And Son In NYSC Matching Outfit Will Make Your Day / NYSC: A Litmus Test For A Faithful Wife/girlfriend / Senate Has Approved NYSC (#49,800) Allawee.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.