Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members (38645 Views)

NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members / 2014 Batch C Corps Members Posted To Imo State / Okorocha Begins Payment Of N10,000 Alawi To Imo Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by akdjr(m): 9:29am On Nov 21, 2013
I cant believe Mr. Okorocha as i fondly call him will bring him self so low claiming he paid allowance to corpers without paying it in the real sense, i have to investigate before i comment. Pls nobody should make unnecessary comments without having full information about the said allegation without standing prove. am not from east and please don't relate my comment to ethnic sentiment. Proudly Edo.
PasD: The news everywhere is that the Imo State Government pay 10,000naira monthly allowance to Imo State Corps Members but how true is that?

I serve in Imo State and I cannot deny the fact that sometime last month I received 10,000naira credit alert from the treasury of the State Government.

But something is not right here. More than 70percent of Imo corps members did not receive this allowance and the news we heard later on was that the money was paid to only corpers posted to state govt parastatals.

But what baffles us all is the text message from the bank (credit alert content) observe something below:

Alert from Federal govt-
CR- Alert Acct: 6012225701, Amt: 19,800.00, Desc:SEPT 2013 ALLOWANCE BO NYSC ASS AVE, Date: 09/10/2013, Aval Bal: 68657.00

Alert from Imo State-
CR- Alert Acct: 6012225701, Amt: 10000.00, Desc: STATE ALLOWANCE BO NYSC ASS AVE, Date: 09/10/2013, Aval Bal: 30657.00

Observe above that the federal govt specified that its september allowance but the state govt did not specify the particular month. This is a trick because since then they have not paid us again o!

As a matter of fact in a whole year, we just received the money from state government once! Yet our amiable, good, honest governor parades the whole nation with the good news that he pays us 10k every month! What do you call that? Politics? Trick? Smart move? Whatever? I don vex.

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by anonimi: 9:42am On Nov 21, 2013
Ogbeche77: Everyone who served in public schools are paid, the only reason some are not paid, is what I stated early.. They didn't file in their doc early at the teaching commission.. Getting money from the government involves lots of bureaucratic bottlenecks. Only those who file in early are considered.. You for sure know the attitude of Nigeria youths regarding procrastination..
Then at the final days, they start running helter,skelter.. When they could have done the right thing before hand.. So don't join the band wagon to criticize when you don't know the story behind.

Thanks for the explanation, which appears reasonable enough.
However I do not know where you got the idea of me joining any band wagon after I clearly asked for clarification.

What evidence do you have that Ogun state doesn't recruit qualified teachers? You made that up.
The issue of using corpers as cheap labour depends on the angle you at it from, the corpers have been called to serve their fatherland, which they obeyed.. The allowance is just a mere compensation, it is not for service rendered.. Teacher to student ration in Ogun state is even fair, I know of schools in the North, and some south south states that don't have permanent teachers.. They rely on services of corpers all round the year.
Batch B 2010, a friend of mine who served in Jigawa was made the VP of his school

In summary we should be thankful Ogun is doing fair and better than most other states, right
Shall we do 7 Alhamdulilahi, 7 Hallelujah and 7 Ope fun Baba etc then?
Do you benchmark yourself with the best performer or with the worst?
Do we yorubas not say that:

Esin iwaju ohun ni t'eyin nwo sare - the lagging horse is inspired to be better by the leading horse

1 Like

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by drnoel: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2013
PasD: The news everywhere is that the Imo State Government pay 10,000naira monthly allowance to Imo State Corps Members but how true is that?

I serve in Imo State and I cannot deny the fact that sometime last month I received 10,000naira credit alert from the treasury of the State Government.

But something is not right here. More than 70percent of Imo corps members did not receive this allowance and the news we heard later on was that the money was paid to only corpers posted to state govt parastatals.

But what baffles us all is the text message from the bank (credit alert content) observe something below:

Alert from Federal govt-
CR- Alert Acct: 6012225701, Amt: 19,800.00, Desc:SEPT 2013 ALLOWANCE BO NYSC ASS AVE, Date: 09/10/2013, Aval Bal: 68657.00

Alert from Imo State-
CR- Alert Acct: 6012225701, Amt: 10000.00, Desc: STATE ALLOWANCE BO NYSC ASS AVE, Date: 09/10/2013, Aval Bal: 30657.00

Observe above that the federal govt specified that its september allowance but the state govt did not specify the particular month. This is a trick because since then they have not paid us again o!

As a matter of fact in a whole year, we just received the money from state government once! Yet our amiable, good, honest governor parades the whole nation with the good news that he pays us 10k every month! What do you call that? Politics? Trick? Smart move? Whatever? I don vex.

Have said it b4, will say it again, will continue saying it. Imo state does not have a governor, believe Rochas at ur own detriment.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Samirana360(m): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2013
ungrateful being, u received 10k last month and u'v not received dis month, u r complainin.....when d month has not even finished....olodo
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by millionaireman: 10:49am On Nov 21, 2013
This NYSC Alawe brouhaha was brought about by a Governor's IMPULSIVE nature. Hear Gov. Okorocha in mid 2011: >>>>>>> "Obodo n'ile emepechana, ofodu Okigwe na Orlu. Ndi n'achi ha amaghi akwukwo."

He promised to develop the two towns.

Orlu people have been having a raw deal. While Okigwe can boast of a few completed major roads started by Gov. Okorocha, roads entering and leaving Orlu have remained non motorable.

Okigwe was promised a Princess Hotel by Okorocha and it is undergoing construction, there is no construction of Prince Hotel promised Orlu anywhere.

Worse and worst: a multi-milllion Naira sports stadium built by ex governor Achike Udenwa in Orlu, commissioned by then President Obasanjo and dedicated to late Sam Okwaraji has been dismantled since Okorocha came up. No new one. Fears abound that this dismantled stadium may generate a huge inter-communal, inter personal, inter-party, inter-everything strife if the stadium is not restored and Okorocha leaves office in 2015.
Okorocha, wherever you are, listen to Imolites, those the gods want to kill, they first make deaf - and then mad.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by gratiaeo(m): 11:33am On Nov 21, 2013
Liars rochas is a saint and should be treated as such! Infact, all the APC governors are infallible.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Okijajuju1(m): 11:51am On Nov 21, 2013
gratiaeo: Liars rochas is a saint and should be treated as such! Infact, all the APC governors are infallible.

Rochas is too fat to be a saint.. grin
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Bome01(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
Donmams: These PDP sponsored laptop agents just don't get tired. They are trying by all means to tarnish the image of APC and APC stalwarts everywhere on social media. Well, Reno Omokri, i have news for you, you shall all be jobless in 2015. Only the very lucky ones among you will receive 100 year sentences in jail.
So, this is how APC plans to rule us "sentencing people to 100years in jail minimum? Wow, What a Party!
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by elobyobi: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Buoyantic: My grin grin grin Fiancee and I....who cares
Didn't know same-se.x marriages were now legal in Naija.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Feraz(m): 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
Okija juju oh... you don dey crack my ribs since yesterday! grin grin grin

It's surprising how certain Rochas supporters say we should blame the Imo's state ministry of finance or whatever and not Rochas but if it were in GEJ's case, they'll call for his resignation. Their dear governor can never do wrong. Heck, we should be grateful that he's even paying them. Talk about talking from both sides of the mouth...
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by nellyelitz(m): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
The gov no dey try at all,he only paid batch A the 10k because he sensed the tensed mood of all the corper prior to pop.he paid 10k a day b4 the pop because the was rumour of protest. am nt against him playin politics with one,bt let him do with Imolites nt us frm other states.let him remb dat Imo students are collecting frm other states.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
awwwww what a cute couple!
Buoyantic: My grin grin grin Fiancee and I....who cares
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
elobyobi:
Didn't know same-se.x marriages were now legal in Naija.
bros wetin you mean? undecided
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
JustifiedChild: awwwww what a cute couple!
cheesy you can say that again angel
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Jimohsunday: 6:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
It was a big surprised to we corpers serving in Imo state.The 10k is only once we hv received and our parents wld think it is real.Because it was circulated by d media house then.My advise 4 him is dt he should nt trick d entire future leaders.If he can't fullfil dt means he has kill his political ambition we d corpers serving in Imo states we are frm different parts of d country Nigeria.He should better wise because no one force him to promise.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by PasD(m): 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
Samirana360: ungrateful being, u received 10k last month and u'v not received dis month, u r complainin.....when d month has not even finished....olodo

You've said it all. Thanks. I cannot stoop too low to insult u back......bast*ar*d
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by vickylinco(m): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
Na true o. Cos i am servin in imo state and am yet 2 receive any alowee 4rm imo state
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by luggy(m): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
let me tell APC has noting to offer Nigeria,
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by luggy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
goodlock is the best
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Bokoharam: 7:31am On Nov 22, 2013
Rochas USED TO ("used to", means past tense) be a good man. But the moment he started meddling with Tinubu and his co-thieves, he changed beyond comprehension and remedy. We are waiting for him 2015! Anambra election is an example.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by iamdsam: 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
It seems the governor of Imo State is broke. I see the government as deliberately ignoring these money he got to pay because the state doesn't hate enough money. He shouldn't have made any promise to the corpers if he knew he wouldn't be able to pay in the future. Anyway, you guys and ladies also need to note that 2015 is in the corner and you'll know how politics is played in Nigeria.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by elobyobi: 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
Buoyantic: bros wetin you mean? undecided
R both of u not females? Or are my eyes deceiving me?
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by sonofanarchy(m): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2013
elobyobi:
R both of u not females? Or are my eyes deceiving me?
yes your eyes are deceiving you....you no see say the guy cute
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by ify84(m): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
join d ash tag.... OMG meaning #OwelleMustGo# on Facebook and twitter

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Photo Of Mum And Son In NYSC Matching Outfit Will Make Your Day / NYSC: A Litmus Test For A Faithful Wife/girlfriend / Senate Has Approved NYSC (#49,800) Allawee.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.