Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? (2169 Views)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / If Nigeria Divides, What Happens To The Christians In The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Donmams(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
I am sure some people are wondering what i mean by cross-migration. What i mean is should all southerners leave the north and all northerners leave the south?
If Nigeria breaks into north and south it means all southerners living in the north will become illegal aliens and vice versa. Or should everyone be allowed to choose which side to join? Please let's have your say in this debate.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
Donmams: I am sure some people are wondering what i mean by cross-migration. What i mean is should all southerners leave the north and all northerners leave the south?
If Nigeria breaks into north and south it means all southerners living in the north will become illegal aliens and vice versa. Or should everyone be allowed to choose which side to join? Please let's have your say in this debate.
Nah, u go back to ur home. And not just North and South because there is no "South".
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by estyvino(m): 2:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
Who dey sale! Madam, abeg give me #20 groundnut make you bring change

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by kubi240: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
A meaningless thread

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by donphilopus: 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
kubi240: A meaningless thread
What are you saying?? What's meaningless about this thread?? Pls if you don't have anything meaningful to say, STFU
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Donmams(m): 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
kubi240: A meaningless thread
Since Nigeria has been predicted to fall apart in 2015, i think Nigerians should think critically about what a post 2015 scenario will look like.

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Peinstein: 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Even if Nigeria divides, there will be nothing like north and south, we are not korea. We only existed as north and south as a protectorate. I really don't think relations will be that mutual between nations that emerge out of Nigeria, migration will initially be frustrated until trust is developed.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by drnoel: 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
Donmams: I am sure some people are wondering what i mean by cross-migration. What i mean is should all southerners leave the north and all northerners leave the south?
why dont u wait till it happens first but then u will wait 4ever cos its wont ever happen
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Donmams(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
Peinstein: Even if Nigeria divides, there will be nothing like north and south, we are not korea. We only existed as north and south as a protectorate. I really don't think relations will be that mutual between nations that emerge out of Nigeria, migration will initially be frustrated until trust is developed.
You miss the point. When i talked about cross migration i meant will northerners in the south be allowed to return to their region and vice versa?
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
All the ibos any where in yorubaland would be deported back to their respective villages.

5 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Donmams(m): 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
drnoel:
why dont u wait till it happens first but then u will wait 4ever cos its wont ever happen
Really? Isn't it why GEJ set up the National Conference. We all know it's a southern agenda to divide the country. So what are you talking about?
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by oduaboy1: 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
Their is nothing like cross migration
Everyone should go back to his/her village.

3 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Chessic: 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Fact is let everyone return to his region. Let northerners in the south return to the north. Let southerners in the north return to the South. It's as simple as that. One thing i know is that the Igbos will suffer most. There are more Igbo economic interests in the north than northern interests in the south. I can only imagine as the igbos weep when they are forced to leave all their businesses and assets in the north.

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by T8ksy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
Chessic: Fact is let everyone return to his region. Let northerners in the south return to the north. Let southerners in the north return to the South. It's as simple as that. One thing i know is that the Igbos will suffer most. There are more Igbo economic interests in the north than northern interests in the south. I can only imagine as the igbos weep when they are forced to leave all their businesses and assets in the north.

Abegi, No abandoned property/business will be allowed in yorubaland.

Ibos in yorubaland will be given adequate time to uproot all their mansions and businesses and carry them back to alaibo.

4 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
lakhadimar: All the ibos any where in yorubaland would be deported back to their respective villages.

And all d yorubas at d eastern side of d Niger will be fished out and chased to d caves of yoruba land.

7 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
odua boy: Their is nothing like cross migration
Everyone should go back to his/her village.

Correct!
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
kingoflag: Nah, u go back to ur home. And not just North and South because there is no "South".

Yes o, there is nothing like "South" because we cannot continue with ppl who mistake treachery $ back-stabbing with wisdom $ sophistication.

7 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

And all d yorubas at d eastern side of d Niger will be fished out and chased to d caves of yoruba land.
osu ibo who released you from okija shrine? You better tell your brothers to start packing their filthy luggages because they would soon be deported to their evil forest in alaibo. For your information, oyo state alone is larger than all the entire state in alaibo put together

4 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by oduaboy1: 5:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

Yes o, there is nothing like "South" because we cannot continue with ppl who mistake treachery $ back-stabbing with wisdom $ sophistication.
If refusing to follow you into a foolish war is backstabbing then so be it

5 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote
author=lakhadimar]osu ibo who released you from okija shrine? You
better tell your brothers to start packing their filthy luggages because
they would soon be deported to their evil forest in alaibo. For your
information, oyo state alone is larger than all the entire state in
alaibo put together[/quote]

Also tell ur brothers to start arranging their bags because dey will all be flushed out frm d eastern region back to d jungles of ala yoruba where dey can start rat poison business.

6 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by T8ksy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

Trust me, we will save you guys the trouble as we shall surely provide transportation for them back to our region.

I doubt if any sane yoruba person will need to be chased from alaibo back to yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote
author=T8ksy]

Trust me, we will save you guys the trouble as we
shall surely provide transportation for them back to our region.

I doubt if any sane yoruba person will need to be chased from alaibo
back to yorubaland.
[/quote]

I dont think u read me well, I said all yorubas will be pushed out of Eastern Nigeria. Just wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Abagworo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Donmams:
Since Nigeria has been predicted to fall apart in 2015, i think Nigerians should think critically about what a post 2015 scenario will look like.

Most of you not old or experienced enough just think simplistically that a post disintegration period will be peaceful. That's impossible as there will be another polgrom in the North, abandoned property in the Southwest and free for all inter-ethnic battle in the Southern tip. Igbos will have to leave South-South, Southwest and North carrying their spare-parts and their mansions on their head. There will be total religious crisis in the North as well. Infact there will be a meaningless war that will lead to the highest number of refugees in human history with more than 100million refugees.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by AtlanticBreeze: 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abagworo:

Most of you not old or experienced enough just think simplistically that a post disintegration period will be peaceful. That's impossible as there will be another polgrom in the North, abandoned property in the Southwest and free for all inter-ethnic battle in the Southern tip. Igbos will have to leave South-South, Southwest and North carrying their spare-parts and their mansions on their head. There will be total religious crisis in the North as well. Infact there will be a meaningless war that will lead to the highest number of refugees in human history with more than 100million refugees.
you are always dull. which ethnicity is South-South?

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by geeez: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Much as I hate to comment on this, if Nigerians decide they want to live in separate countries, modalities will be worked out to ensure those who own properties and businesses in countries outside theirs retain their investments

I've invested heavily in Abuja and substantially in PHC and I believe I'm entitled to what I own even if my darling Yorubaland becomes an independent nation

However, it's also possible that those new nations may make laws that will affect me but unless the locals resort to arson, I'm not likely to lose out and thank God for insurance anyway
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by thewarrior72: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
lakhadimar: All the ibos any where in yorubaland would be deported back to their respective villages.
undecided Is this ur contribution to this thread.......smh for the sperm that formed u
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
the warrior72: :
smh for the rotten ibo vag!na that bore you

4 Likes

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by T8ksy(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

I dont think u read me well, I said all yorubas will be pushed out of Eastern Nigeria. Just wait and see.

And so? No shaking!!

what do you think will be the fate of millions of ibos littering the landscape of yorubaland?

You think we will be awarding them, chieftaincy titles ni
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by gurnam: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
lakhadimar: smh for the rotten ibo vag!na that bore you

Lolzzz...two can play the game.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Abagworo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
AtlanticBreeze:
you are always dull. which ethnicity is South-South?

I never mentioned the ethnicity of the areas, I only mentioned Igbos and you already know the people I referred to and the 5 States they are from. Maybe the Delta ones will suffer same fate with them because they(Delta Igbos) are also scattered everywhere like their Southeast brothers and own investments in Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Kaduna, Rivers etc.
Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by thewarrior72: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abagworo:

I never mentioned the ethnicity of the areas, I only mentioned Igbos and you already know the people I referred to and the 5 States they are from. Maybe the Delta ones will suffer same fate with them because they(Delta Igbos) are also scattered everywhere like their Southeast brothers and own investments in Lagos, Kano, Abuja, Kaduna, Rivers etc.
I never know ur stupidity has attained such height.....Sorry embarassed

1 Like

Re: Should There Be Cross-migration If Nigeria Disintegrates? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
geeez: Much as I hate to comment on this, if Nigerians decide they want to live in separate countries, modalities will be worked out to ensure those who own properties and businesses in countries outside theirs retain their investments

I've invested heavily in Abuja and substantially in PHC and I believe I'm entitled to what I own even if my darling Yorubaland becomes an independent nation

However, it's also possible that those new nations may make laws that will affect me but unless the locals resort to arson, I'm not likely to lose out and thank God for insurance anyway
Lmaoooo this dude is mad funny.

Even in a Nation that's supposed to have rule of law like Nigeria you could easily lose your property to talk of post-disintegration in a place where they're currently trying to impeach the Governor through undemocratic means. Port Harcourt?! The same place Igbos are determined to take over when the time is ripe because they believe--rightfully or wrongfully--- it belongs to them and that their properties was forcefully seized during the Civil War? Why don't u ask how many Igbos got their properties back when the war ended 10 zillion yrs ago? Lol dude, u might as well kiss whatever you have in that area goodbye and consign it to memory of a sweet past cus u ain't getting shiyyt back if these breakup scenarios eventually become reality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Cert:it's Now In The Court Of Cambridge, Katsina Education Ministry! / Let's Talk About CEO Of Nairaland.. / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Sick Buhari Cancel Kaduna Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.