Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,360 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? (22040 Views)

Married Woman Stuck With Her Lover In Enugu Hours After Sex / We Took An Oath And I Found Out She Is Possessed / I Took A Blood Oath With My Girl And Now I Want To Break It, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Anuoluwap(m): 3:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Lovers are always not sure of fidelity in their relationships, and in Nigeria, neither a guy nor a lady can be trusted these days. For this reason some go into an oath of fidelity.
Oath taking can come in different forms based on various beliefs. One could do with blood, some use holy books e.g Bible and Quran and so on....and it's believed that whoever breaks the oath will suffer a setback in his/her life. I don't know if this method of assuring one's fidelity is still popular in Nigeria, but it does exists.
The question now is; knowing the consequences that may be involved if you break an oath would you still go into an oath of fidelity with your lover in the name of love?
Can you ever do this?

3 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Who does that in this 21st century?

If u guyz are sure your partner is God plan for ur life. Buh if u doubt God, go for it...

4 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Yinky95(f): 4:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hmmm....let me book here.
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by davedozz(m): 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Am I high on Zobo....? Biko.... I can only take(share) vows with my lover.... Sexkillz!

Did I type that.... Sowie ooo.... Its a setup. A virus just hit ma keyboard!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Yinky95(f): 4:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
Youngreinhard: Who does that in this 21st century?
this thing happen for real oh. No be fiction oh.... I no fit believe sey some 9ja guy and girls dumb reach this level. @Young you fit do am too if you fall oh

1 Like

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
No oo

1 Like

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Yinky95(f): 4:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
davedozz: Am I high on Zobo....? Biko.... I can only take(share) vows with my lover.... Sexkillz!

Did I type that.... Sowie ooo.... Its a setup. A virus just hit ma keyboard!
you want make oga sexk hammer your account? Lol....you fit dey high on something when love is involved you can never tell oh...hmmm
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Yinkboy(m): 4:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
gcfr.com:
No oo
yes oo
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Yinkboy(m): 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
If true love is involved, I can do anything for me to prove my fidelity. I'm sure of myself nothing spoil me. My girl will be a lucky one.

1 Like

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Sayoishola(m): 4:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
How wild I do such a gr8t mistake for woman. Name nai ooooo
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Sayoishola(m): 4:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
How wild I do such a gr8t mistake for woman. No true love on earth anymore, except that of Adam And Eve in the creation history. Gen. 2
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by missKeri(f): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
NEVER
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Yinkboy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
I bet sexkillz can do this. He's my type.

1 Like

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Yinkboy(m): 4:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
missKeri: NEVER
why
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by UjSizzle(f): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Politicians break their oaths everyday, nothing happens.

Nigerians break theirs all the time, nothing happens.

Married people get divorced everyday, nothing happens.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Exponental(m): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
I will rather dance alanta on skelewu or personally on fuji.
I only took oat with an "h".
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by chiboy1928(m): 4:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
Neva take an oath nor neither have the tot of doing such it bad and it a sin b4 God rather u guys should both work on ur trust and communication in ur relationship it will go along way to help u guys in ur relationship and remember if she is destined for u definently she will be urs jst be prayerful and always commit ur relationship to God tanks

3 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
NO!
If I love you enough and every other thing falls in place, we could take the oath of marriage.
Any other barbaric thing is a NO-NO for me!

8 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by hineyolu(m): 5:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
like seriously ...who does that? ^_^
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Dubemkelly(m): 5:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
Anybody who does that must be living under da rock...That's archaic n old fashioned. Even if I were to be tipsy in such love,its a no go 4 me

1 Like

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by drealdoc89(m): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
alutacontinua: NO!
If I love you enough and every other thing falls in place, we could take the oath of marriage.
Any other barbaric thing is a NO-NO for me!
i concur

1 Like

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
No need!The gods will destroy me few days later cry

3 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
Which oath of love is greater than marriage vows?

3 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Dannylux: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
Na Amadioha go damage you with madness!

2 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by AbuMikey(m): 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2013

I would rather get Married to her,even at 18, no biggie undecided

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Dygeasy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
sexkillz: Which oath of love is greater than marriage vows?
None.

Only That God Is Patient And Doesn't Act As Fast As People Wish He Would. Unlike Sango Or Ogun. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by davedozz(m): 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
Yinky95: you want make oga sexk hammer your account? Lol....you fit dey high on something when love is involved you can never tell oh...hmmm

abeg ooo.... Make em no hammer 'am ooo.... I said sowie nah.... Okay i can take an oath with him, dat i wont do it again... Oh... Sorry, i meant with u, dat it i wont do it again....

1 Like

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by ichommy(m): 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
Yes, No, I don't know o, All I know is that I love my Ogheneruemu. Even though I have some Jude Okoye lol. Since my Mom like her no Wahala. She's Delta, am Kwara. It time to encourage inter-ethnic Marriage.
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Orikinla(m): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
Yes.
There is no relationship without an oath.
Saying "Yes" in agreement to date is an oath.
Saying "I Do" in marriage is an oath.
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by LMAyedun(m): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
No Sir.
Gone are those days... This is 2013
Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
As long as it is Quaker Oat, no wahala

14 Likes

Re: Would You Take An Oath With Your Lover In The Name Of Love? by b3llo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Hausa Girls Dont Date Southerners / What Were The Most Hurtful Words You Received From Someone You Love? / Deleted Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.