Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Amuneke Denies Assault - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amuneke Denies Assault (590 Views)

Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach / Amuneke Wants N1.1bn For Nwakali, Chukwueze / Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amuneke Denies Assault by Stundey(m): 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
Former African footballer of the year, Emmanuel Amuneke has denied assaulting the agent of Golden Eaglets midfielder, Kelechi Iheanacho
Reports in certain sections of the media claimed that Amuneke slapped Henry Galliano, the American agent of the star midfielder in Owerri this week.
Amuneke has now denied the reports and insists he never slapped Galliano.
“I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano. We had a heated argument over the future of Iheanacho and that was it. He (Galliano) was insulting my nation, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and our philosophies in Nigeria and I told him that,” Amuneke told supersport.com.
It is believed that the furor between Amuneke and Galliano was generated over Iheanacho’s choice of agent which would eventually decide his future as a professional footballer but the former Super Eagles attacker extricated himself of blame.
“I have no business with whoever Kelechi (Iheanacho) picks as his agent. It’s not my job. I am a coach.
“Galliano was insulting me so I went up to him, pushed him away and told him to stop harassing me.
“He was shouting that he will give me money. He is a corrupt man and I did not want to have anything to do with him.
“If he (Kelechi) wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends,” he said.
Amuneke who was one of the coaches of the Nigeria team at the 2013 Fifa Under-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates scored nine goals in 27 games for the Super Eagles between 1993 and 2001.

http://ng.supersport.mobi/football/nigeria/news/131120/Amuneke_denies_assault
Re: Amuneke Denies Assault by Gwekzy: 8:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Amuneke Denies Assault by chykmoni(m): 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Whatever undecided
Re: Amuneke Denies Assault by dominique(f): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
That's not enough to salvage his damaged reputation. He admitted to shoving him, that's an assault on its own. Its best for him to stop making statements to the press and let the matter fizzle.

(1) (Reply)

Enyeama Beats Ibrahimovic And Cavani / Iniesta Urges Calm / Super Eagles Bonus Row;President GEJ Mediates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.