Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,377 members, 7,781,059 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:11 AM

Share Your Child Birth Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Child Birth Experience (23970 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Amazing Child Birth Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
When ever l see a woman with a protruding stomach l begin to imagine that she is passing through. My dad say if a woman tells you the child she is carrying has moved to her eyes, don't argue unless you don carry belled before.

To our mothers abeg gist us your child birth experiences.

Our dads abeg tell use how you felt wen you were told that Madam dey hospital wan deliver the result of that rough play una dey play since.

Over to you our mams nd papas

Note: no small pikin talk here, if you no wan make l bribe ***skill to ban your sorry behind on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jumzzy448: 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
My first child was transverse. It was discovered when I was six month pregnant. I was told to do some exercise to make her turn head down but she refused to turn. I was sad then cos I was so scared of CS.
Fast forward to the d day, the night before, I was having contractions but they weren't that serious. Throughout that night I couldn't sleep. The following day, d contractions were still coming. Later in the evening lets say 4, I saw blood stain so I called my matron. She told me to start coming to the hospital. When I got there with my husband, the doctor examined me and told my husband that the baby was still transverse so they'll have to operate me. I started crying( lol) and told my husband I love him so much just in case I don't make it. grin
It wasn't easy sha but I thank God.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Lerin(f): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
My first pregnancy was very interesting despite the trial my husband and I were going tru but getting to my due date,even passed it by 2wks and 4 days,I was told to come to the hospital and was induced,due to inexperience I started pushing as the non-stopping pain started @ 12:15am and in the process my cervix tore,the inexperience coper Doc that attended to me stuck pads inside me to stop the bleeding in await for the gynae that will stitch me in the morning. The gynae came and was just pulling pad out of me,6 in number,it got to a point I couldn't cry again but thank God I went for the inducement cos as @ when I delivered the planceta had started shrinking. She is 4yrs old now and very pretty. My second missionary journey was tough cos i carried the pregnancy along side kidney stone with ill health till I delivered,he is 2yrs now. Happy to share my experience to the glory of God. My hubby not around for the two births.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Caracta(f): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2013
*deep sigh*

I love mothers kiss
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 4:36am On Nov 21, 2013
I pounce my chest for all mothers !!
Abeg , come and share us the experience, mothers !!

Following .....
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
My first pregnancy went on smoothly until 39 weeks into my pregnancy when hubby and I went 2 church(in the evening) and I felt "wetness" down there. We immediately rushed 2 d hosp. Being a medical personnel, I didn't want 2 take chances. I told my Dr dat my fluid was leaking. He performed a scan and told me 2 go home and come back early the next morning(and I should put on a pad 2 watch d leakage and 2 come once it got heavy). I was induced(artificial way of making labour 2 start) dat morning when I came back, and immediately went into labour.
The pain was soo unbearable dat I couldn't recognise d faces of family and friends dat came 2 see me. Lol. Thank God my mom was by my side all d way as I didn't even want 2 see hubby @all. I chased him away each time he came close 2 me. I was induced by 7am around 5pm that same day, I knew it was time 2 push so I asked my mom 2 call d nurses. Dey came and asked me how I was sure it was time 4 me 2 push. My mom rebuked them and told dem dat I am into d field so I knew what I was saying. They reluctantly took me 2 d labour room. On getting dia, low and behold, d baby's head was already visible. Dey immediately started rushing everything(the IV, preparing 4 delivery and all) I pushed 3 times (with an episiotomy) and popped out my 4.2kg baby boy!!!
My joy knew no bounds. He was soo big dat every one marvelled @ how I was able 2 push him out(thank God 4 dat) d nurses commended me dat I was very strong as I didn't even scream or cry through out d whole ordeal and apologised 4 doubting me when I told dem I was ready 2 push cos it was too early and dat they've never noticed any induction dat lasted less dan 12hrs b/4(that wasn't even my concern den) I just wanted to hold my baby.
Meanwhile, my mom was busy causing a scene @ d reception of d hospital. She was busy bowing down on d bare floor thanking God and telling everyone who cared 2 listen of how God performed a miracle in our lives. lol.
I was so happy dat I 4got about d tear(episiotomy) dat was given 2 me. Around midnight, I was woken up by this intense pain down dia. I got up and immediately remembered the cut and realised dat d anesthesia given 2 me must have worn off and d pain had set in. I called 4 d nurses & was given an analgesic which helped me manage 2 sleep thru d night. D horror came back in d morning when d effect of d drug wore off.
To cut d long story short, I went thru dat pain 4 d next 2 weeks after delivery(it was hell); I couldn't sit down, I couldn't walk, I couldn't cough, I couldn't sneeze infact I could barely move. But all through dis pain, each time I looked @ my baby, I had a reason 2 smile. It was totally worth it and I wouldn't have given it up 4 anything in d world.
Enough 4 2day. I'll be back with my 2nd missionary journey into labour(this time around, through CS). Cheers!

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lord Jesus,help me ohhhhhhh!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
l feel like crying, so na this thing my mum went through to bring me into this world.

l own her alot.

sobbing!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
Kai. Now im scared s**tless angry Am 8 month gone n d stories r not helping my BP@all : sad
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jumzzy448: 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
isha.salam:
Kai. Now im scared s**tless angry Am 8 month gone n d stories r not helping my BP@all : sad
Lol....don't be scared oo. you shall overcome it and tell the story also.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by greatgod2012(f): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
isha.salam:

stop working up yourself, that it was painful to someone doesn't mean it would be painful for you, it depends on your mindset and faith, and even if it's painful, at the end of it all, you'll see that the pain is really worth it.
Keep faih alive.
It is well!

@op, childbirth is no child's play o, i'm not in the mood to type epistles. To the glory of God, i've had 3 different childbirth experiences and each of them is uniquely peculiar, but at the end of it all, the pain really worth it.
To all mothers in the huose, may we never have cause to regret having the, and to our daddies, good ones o, God bless you all.
Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
isha.salam:
Don't be scared dear. Everyone has her story to tell about how she went thru labour.
You will be just fine. Don't miss ur antenatal visits and trust God. Everything will turn out fine in d end u will see.
The essence of this thread is not 2 scare pregnant women into HBP cheesy; it's just so dat we will all learn from each other and avoid similar mistakes(or at least, know what to do) when dat "big day" arrives .lol. And also for d men 2 understand what women go through while trying 2 bring dat beautiful baby of his 2 dis world (especially 4 those who abuse their wives both physically and emotionally(whether pregnant or not)). And also 4 d ones who r yet 2 get married 2 value their own mothers and treat her like the queen that she is while they still can. wink
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Ninilowo(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
We had our 2 sons through CS and I was in the theatre on both occassions. It requires GUT to do so buh dt makes me a MAN bfore everyone plus my wife. The children are 7 and 5 yrz old now. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Hotstepper(f): 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mine was painless. I will share tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Amen for the prayers kiss. God go see me thru
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Daresh(f): 1:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
isha.salam:

Anyone that tells you not to be scared does not like you o! Be very very afraid and get an epidural! I had my first after 41 weeks of pregnancy. After endless chest pains, belly scars backaches and stretched out skin, I was induced at 10days past my due date. I was given plenty drugs or I may have died grin. But it still hurt like hell and I kept throwing up. His father was like, "please give her something , she can't sleep like this, she's in pain". The nurse be like is she supposed to be sleeping? Then after the 15hr labour period, the pretty doctor came in, I was 8cm dilated and we started to push. After 10mins of pushing, I had my son. His father was there to cut the cord. I was stitched up all the way to my anus men, that sh1t hurt like hell.

The second was also dramatic. I had her after 41weeks too and I was induced again. I bullied the poor oyibo man into inducing me cos I have a history of not gong into labour. cheesy This time my cervix no gree open, I was there for like 9hrs and only opened 4cm. The doctor was like " Oh we gonna have to stop and try again 2mrw". I said hell no I was in the labour room with my aunt and she says, Babe we have to get this out today. So the doctor comes back in an hour or so and I'm 7cm, just like that! We keep at it and in an other 2hrs, I'm 10cm. And mehn, I was in agony, it hurt like shege, cos I didn't get an epidural. After a few pushing, I got my 9ibs baby girl out and she was so white! Not yellow oh! White like oyibo baby!!! grin grin. Her Dad wasn't there this time tho undecided.

The nurses be hailing me, you are so strong, you didn't cry. I'm like, "I'm a badass"! I don't cry. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Evanisgud(f): 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2013
Am just short of word. GOD u ar 2 much. #speechless
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
I just have to pick up my mummy's phone now since yesday cuz she vex me .........

Ok peeps, never stop ooo ,ur story is educating and changing life also inspiring ....

If u gon get HBP pls don't read further, fear is the beginning of failure.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
I'm back!
So, my 2nd missionary journey:
First of all, please pregnant mothers, once u get close 2 ur due date(as frm 36weeks) exercise as much as u can. Take long walks and avoid staying in one place 4 too long. Don't let ur hubby "over-pamper" u it is 4 ur own good(trust me). Especially if u've had a baby b/4. And plssss pray 4 a safe delivery!
My pregnancy was 39weeks and one day and I was in the office. Around 12 noon, I felt dis mild contraction! I knew it was d beginning of labour so I immediately got my pen an paper and started timing my contractions. I noticed it was irregular, I called hubby on d fone 2 tell him what was going on. He immediately asked if he should come and pick me and I said "no" nobody knew I was in labour as it was still d early stage and could last 4 sometime. My office is up d stairs, so I used d stairs 4 my exercise. My hubby couldn't wait any longer and came 2 pick me around 3pm. We went home and watched d contractions. Drs will tell u during ur antenatal visits 2 wait until d contractions are 5mins apart b4 coming to d hospital.(meanwhile, my contractions were still irregular). We watched and timed d contractions all thru d night, and it was still irregular so we went 2 d hospital early d next morning(Tuesday). D dr examined me and I was not even dilated @all! He now asked me if I kept exercising like he advised me 2 do? I said yes. He told me dat my labour was not progressing becos my baby's head had not "engaged" but dat it is common with subsequent pregnancies. But that once a woman goes into labour d baby's head shld start engaging. I began 2 panic. We started calling family and relations. Dey all came 2 pray 4 me and some of dem left. My sister in-law dragged me by d hand and forced me on a very long walk(almost 1 hour) we came back frm d walk and I was certain dat d baby's head had engaged only 4 d Dr 2 check and d baby was still where he was and I was still not dilated!!! Our fear was confirmed when our Dr said he we shld start preparing ourselves 4 a Caesarian section if labour hadn't progressed by d next day so dat d baby won't go into distress. I cried and cried and everybody even d nurses came 2 console me. My hubby was helpless...
On Wednesday morning I went into the theatre. I was operated upon and my 2nd baby boy was delivered health and strong @3.8kg. Then d real horror began! Pain, pain, pain! I began 2 wonder why some women opted 4 caesarian shocked I couldn't cough, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't sneeze, chai! I was in pains!!! My BP started 2 rise... I was given analgesics @ due times which soon wore off and d pain started all over again. Worst of all, I couldn't eat nor drink anything as I was waiting 2 pass gas b4 I ate something.
To cut d long story short, I'm here 2 tell d story( to d glory of God) and so will every pregnant woman out dia tell her own story someday. Amen.
Cheers!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
I really don't think is because you didn't do enough exercise,things happens when they want to.Apart from doing house chores and short walks,i really don't bother with exercise.

The thought of CS is really scary shocked but some choose it to avoid labor pains.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by k4kenny(f): 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
To those who opt for cs to avoid labour pain, I laff in french. The kind of pain that will come after the surgery is a thousand times more than the one felt during labour. Trust me, I've gone through both. If there's no medical emergency involved, cs should avoided like a plague.

N.B. I'm just obsessed with birth stories cheesy. Tis d reason why I still hang arnd d preggy section 10 mos after 'graduating' grin. God bless all the mothers out there.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 9:30am On Nov 23, 2013
luvissweet2(f):
I'm back!
So, my 2nd missionary journey:
First of all, please pregnant mothers, once u get close 2 ur due date(as frm 36weeks) exercise as much as u can. Take long walks and avoid staying in one place 4 too long. Don't let ur hubby "over-pamper" u it is 4 ur own good(trust me). Especially if u've had a baby b/4. And plssss pray 4 a safe delivery!
My pregnancy was 39weeks and one day and I was in the office. Around 12 noon, I felt dis mild contraction! I knew it was d beginning of labour so I immediately got my pen an paper and started timing my contractions. I noticed it was irregular, I called hubby on d fone 2 tell him what was going on. He immediately asked if he should come and pick me and I said "no" nobody knew I was in labour as it was still d early stage and could last 4 sometime. My office is up d stairs, so I used d stairs 4 my exercise. My hubby couldn't wait any longer and came 2 pick me around 3pm. We went home and watched d contractions. Drs will tell u during ur antenatal visits 2 wait until d contractions are 5mins apart b4 coming to d hospital.(meanwhile, my contractions were still irregular). We watched and timed d contractions all thru d night, and it was still irregular so we went 2 d hospital early d next morning(Tuesday). D dr examined me and I was not even dilated @all! He now asked me if I kept exercising like he advised me 2 do? I said yes. He told me dat my labour was not progressing becos my baby's head had not "engaged" but dat it is common with subsequent pregnancies. But that once a woman goes into labour d baby's head shld start engaging. I began 2 panic. We started calling family and relations. Dey all came 2 pray 4 me and some of dem left. My sister in-law dragged me by d hand and forced me on a very long walk(almost 1 hour) we came back frm d walk and I was certain dat d baby's head had engaged only 4 d Dr 2 check and d baby was still where he was and I was still not dilated!!! Our fear was confirmed when our Dr said he we shld start preparing ourselves 4 a Caesarian section if labour hadn't progressed by d next day so dat d baby won't go into distress. I cried and cried and everybody even d nurses came 2 console me. My hubby was helpless...
On Wednesday morning I went into the theatre. I was operated upon and my 2nd baby boy was delivered health and strong @3.8kg. Then d real horror began! Pain, pain, pain! I began 2 wonder why some women opted 4 caesarian shocked I couldn't cough, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't sneeze, chai! I was in pains!!! My BP started 2 rise... I was given analgesics @ due times which soon wore off and d pain started all over again. Worst of all, I couldn't eat nor drink anything as I was waiting 2 pass gas b4 I ate something.
To cut d long story short, I'm here 2 tell d story( to d glory of God) and so will every pregnant woman out dia tell her own story someday. Amen.
Cheers!

Can a mother bewitch her child after this kind of thing. l can't stop thinking what is wrong with nigerian prophets and prophetes. lf you no dey do well dey go talk say na your mama dey hold you.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2013
The babies dumped inside trash cans and wells were also birthed by mothers , yes some mothers are the darkness in their children's life.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by benedicta0(f): 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
byvan: The babies dumped inside trash cans and wells were also birthed by mothers , yes some mothers are the darkness in their children's life.
u are right
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by benedicta0(f): 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
For my two children mine was very easy,immediately I get to the labour ward the baby dose not take more than 20mins to get down, but after that ,I will start bleeding seriousely,the blood will be pumping out ,until i will run out of blood without the doctors knowing the cause,different methods will be use to stop it yet to no avail,the doctors will then transfuse some blood for me,until later in the day when d bleeding will subside. Very fearful I must confess,but to God be the glory because I will always come out victorious with my baby by my side.I must testify the goodness of the lord in the land of the living

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
benedicta0: For my two children mine was very easy,immediately I get to the labour ward the baby dose not take more than 20mins to get down, but after that ,I will start bleeding seriousely,the blood will be pumping out ,until i will run out of blood without the doctors knowing the cause,different methods will be use to stop it yet to no avail,the doctors will then transfuse some blood for me,until later in the day when d bleeding will subside. Very fearful I must confess,but to God be the glory because I will always come out victorious with my baby by my side.I must testify the goodness of the lord in the land of the living

l sware una dey try.

All women deserve a laurel (pure gold) no be china made.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
I no get belle talkless of say i be woman. grin grin grin grin grin

but i heard i was stubborn when i was coming out.... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
Now I am really scared. Why didn't I just come as a man cry cry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by dominique(f): 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
mz mariah: Now I am really scared. Why didn't I just come as a man cry cry

Pele, I won't lie and deceive you that there's no pain involved in childbirth. just brace yourself your doctor's instruction. Eat right, avoid soda and processed foods and exercise well especially in ter 3rd trimester. Trust me, the pain is totally worth it and will be history before you know it.

Like luvissweet ans k4kenny, I also experienced both birth methods and I'd choose the natural childbirth anytime anyday. Details to come soon
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
shockedshocked cry cry cry :'tnx for d "comforting" word(
Daresh:

Anyone that tells you not to be scared does not like you o! Be very very afraid and get an epidural!
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
Mister Dan: I no get belle talkless of say i be woman. grin grin grin grin grin

but i heard i was stubborn when i was coming out.... grin grin grin grin grin

Bros who tell this tory give you? l wan confirm before l give my you my punishment for suffering that woman.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
mz mariah: Now I am really scared. Why didn't I just come as a man cry cry

Ths beauty of child birth is in the cry of the sweet baby. You will love it when the time comes.

Hope you don pencil down how many you will born before you born a village as e go sweet you with each successful delivery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For A Woman To Be A Good Cook? / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? / Nigerian Couple Dance After Welcoming A Child After 8 Years Of Waiting (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.