Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Share Your Child Birth Experience - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Child Birth Experience (24048 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Amazing Child Birth Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by tolukem(f): 5:09am On Nov 29, 2013
k4kenny: To those who opt for cs to avoid lab kissour pain, I laff in french. The kind of pain that will come after the surgery is a thousand times more than the one felt during labour. Trust me, I've gone through both. If there's no medical emergency involved, cs should avoided like a plague.

N.B. I'm just obsessed with birth stories cheesy. Tis d reason why I still hang arnd d preggy section 10 mos after 'graduating' grin. God bless all the mothers out there.
. @ K4kenny I totally get the obsessed part, lol, I love to read preggy stories, my baby will be 9months next week. Before I had my baby and heard from experienced mothers I was under the impression CS would help to avoid labour pain,
not anymore embarassed, thankfully my birthing experience is natural
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by tolukem(f): 5:20am On Nov 29, 2013
@JDlight there's been a thread like this on front page months back, I read it when I was pregnant, twas. A good read and funny too cos most of the experiences was from the men kiss,
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2013
tolukem: @JDlight there's been a thread like this on front page months back, I read it when I was pregnant, twas. A good read and funny too cos most of the experiences was from the men kiss,

Wow, l wasn't aware.

but do men give birth too.

We need experience from the women that bear the blunt of the real experience. The men tell us what they have to pass through because they got their wives pregnant.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Tosintall(f): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2013
pls, what does a contraction feel like? I wuld b grateful to get a response ASAP. Thanx.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 29, 2013
A contraction feels different for each woman,it felt different for me with each pregnancy.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by ufobabe(f): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
i wish a child can bear d mum's name. All d man does is to put it and spend money. D woman will carry, travail, breedfeed and look after d child.
My xperience was wonderful. My husband was telling d drama because i cldnt remember. D whole labour started at midnite. We both cldnt sleep because i was hitting him as d pain was coming. I began to votim uncontrollably. My hubby was packing d rubbish. We final got to d hospital at 4am and d nurse told me dat my labour has nt started. I shouted, then wat is d pain an going thru called? She no answer me. We went and sat at d reception. According to my hubby, d main action started. I began to turn around, dancing, though i lik dance, bt na labour ajasko. He said, i almost naked myself at one time. I attacked him severally, almost bite off his ear. At a point, i cldnt bear, told d nurse i want to pupu. She took me into d labor room and checked me. Called my hubby to bring my bag dat d baby is set to come out. At abt 9:30am, i pushed and a baby girl jumped out without tear. See, i told my mum dat i owe her a gift. She gav birth to 9 wit dis kind of pain. Glory be to God Almighty.

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
ufobabe: i wish a child can bear d mum's name. All d man does is to put it and spend money. D woman will carry, travail, breedfeed and look after d child.
My xperience was wonderful. My husband was telling d drama because i cldnt remember. D whole labour started at midnite. We both cldnt sleep because i was hitting him as d pain was coming. I began to votim uncontrollably. My hubby was packing d rubbish. We final got to d hospital at 4am and d nurse told me dat my labour has nt started. I shouted, then wat is d pain an going thru called? She no answer me. We went and sat at d reception. According to my hubby, d main action started. I began to turn around, dancing, though i lik dance, bt na labour ajasko. He said, i almost naked myself at one time. I attacked him severally, almost bite off his ear. At a point, i cldnt bear, told d nurse i want to pupu. She took me into d labor room and checked me. Called my hubby to bring my bag dat d baby is set to come out. At abt 9:30am, i pushed and a baby girl jumped out without tear. See, i told my mum dat i owe her a gift. She gav birth to 9 wit dis kind of pain. Glory be to God Almighty.

Gbosah for all the women in this world, we don gree. Una too much.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Please also tell us how you felt holding that baby in your arms after delivery.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
luvissweet2(f):

Make sure u come back 2 tell us ur story (of how u delivered like a Hebrew woman). Amen.
Cheers!

Amen, Amen o. Thank you so much my personal person
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
lt seems there is no husband here to tell us how many slap he collected as his wife been dey go through labor or do women don't slap or bite their husband or are our men shy of sharing their experiences.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nikkygold4life(f): 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
donroxy: @NikkyGold,
Your Husband really tried ooo(What a Man), Hmm, I just have to prepare my mind to do some yurkkke(Haaaarrrrrgggh) cuz I never wanna Imagined intercourse with Heavy Preggy Wife ..... (Ohh My God, Tis Scary,Scary and Horible).......!

I'm Gonna do it sha but only if it is necessary ..........haaaarghh ...
::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wow, I'm Loving this thread, tis getting emotional , Woman really deserves absolute care .....!!!

Highly Educating !!!
My husband pitied me but he knew what I was up to. Its one of the natural. Ways of inducing labour. My due date way 2days aways so I had to do sth drastic to get d baby out cos if it passed 40wks, d amonic fluid where d baby lives in d womb would start to reduce and it can have adverse effect on d child. My sister just put to bed today, her dr had to give her castor oil to induce labour cause her due date is 30th. Theirs usually a grace of 2wks after due date but I don't like dt cos it u get u tensed up and it might affect d baby.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nikkygold4life(f): 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
Tosintall: pls, what does a contraction feel like? I wuld b grateful to get a response ASAP. Thanx.
okay let me use descriptive analysis to explain to you. Try to push as if u want to pass a very hard stool, u will feel ur tommy tighten up, during labour it becomes very intense and ur tommy becomes very hard during each session, as labour progresses it comes at intervals, when it comes at very close interval den, d baby is almost out.. It tightens and releases at intervals. Hope got d picture.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nikkygold4life:
My husband pitied me but he knew what I was up to. Its one of the natural. Ways of inducing labour. My due date way 2days aways so I had to do sth drastic to get d baby out cos if it passed 40wks, d amonic fluid where d baby lives in d womb would start to reduce and it can have adverse effect on d child. My sister just put to bed today, her dr had to give her castor oil to induce labour cause her due date is 30th. Theirs usually a grace of 2wks after due date but I don't like dt cos it u get u tensed up and it might affect d baby.

Wooooooow, congratulations for your sister's safe delivery.

We are happy to be among the first shepherd to hear this beautiful news.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 5:49am On Nov 30, 2013
ameenahz:

Sorry madam, i think you misunderstood your doctor friend. Yes, sex during the last phase of pregnancy is encouraged as it helps to induce labour in cases of post datism and (supposedly) makes labour easier. But it isnt compulsory. The vaginal/ birth canal is never 'blocked' due to pregnancy so there is always a way for the baby to pass. What do you think happens to women whose husbands are not around during the last phase of pregnancy or ladies whose pregnancies were denied? They all deliver thru cs? There are many indications for c-section, lack of intimacy is not 1 of them
Yeaaah, thanks .... I feel freed of such responsibility already now it is a matter of choice !!!

If person aint wicked, why should one sleep with an heavy preggy wife ..... Haaa, how will I do it and whatz the feelings like ... ?
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 30, 2013
mz mariah: yes mam. Noted. I am still single and heaven knows I am dying of fear with all I am reading on this thread. God help me
Wow, But I really wanna thank you for the post where U stated itz a must that I do sleep with heavy preggy wife, The post actually convinced and re-route my mentality , I never wanto Imagined it before, after ur post, I felt like Okay, WTF self !!

Lemme help your fears :

Mariah, fear is the beginning of failure , No matter what ,If your Mum can do it for you, so many ladies among your folks has done it, Ur friends would do it ........ You will have a superb delivery than any one U ever know, Amen .....

All U need is just to be strong for your Baby, Be strong, yeaaah !!!
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 30, 2013
jdilight:
God l kneel down dey thank you say e no dey compulsory to get intimate with ones wife during pregnancy.
ahahahaha, so U self dey fear grin na wa oooo ..

It is not compulsory but necessary as it helps your wife better during delivery , U would have help her excercised the passage before the D-Day ...... !!!

Be a Man bros and don't spark for your wife If she ask for One or the Dr recommended such .... Mz Mariah already prepared me for it, i don't like the Idea before,it feels Horrible !!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 30, 2013
donroxy: Wow, But I really wanna thank you for the post where U stated itz a must that I do sleep with heavy preggy wife, The post actually convinced and re-route my mentality , I never wanto Imagined it before, after ur post, I felt like Okay, WTF self !!

Lemme help your fears :

Mariah, fear is the beginning of failure , No matter what ,If your Mum can do it for you, so many ladies among your folks has done it, Ur friends would do it ........ You will have a superb delivery than any one U ever know, Amen .....

All U need is just to be strong for your Baby, Be strong, yeaaah !!!
my mum cry cry

Thanks dear. God bless you
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 30, 2013
mz mariah: my mum cry cry
I'm Sorry oooo ..... May the Lord be your strength !!!

Hey Ma people , more experience pls, the Moderators shall forward this to the FrontPage @ due time .......

We re learning bigTime ....
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 30, 2013
jdilight:

Ths beauty of child birth is in the cry of the sweet baby. You will love it when the time comes.

Hope you don pencil down how many you will born before you born a village as e go sweet you with each successful delivery.
lolz. Na only 3 I wan born oo.

I am scared because my mum did not survive when she did it for me. I survived but she did not. God help me oo

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2013
dominique:

Pele, I won't lie and deceive you that there's no pain involved in childbirth. just brace yourself your doctor's instruction. Eat right, avoid soda and processed foods and exercise well especially in ter 3rd trimester. Trust me, the pain is totally worth it and will be history before you know it.

Like luvissweet ans k4kenny, I also experienced both birth methods and I'd choose the natural childbirth anytime anyday. Details to come soon
thanks. I will surely follow your advice when the time comes
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by favoredgal: 10:57am On Nov 30, 2013
mz mariah: lolz. Na only 3 I wan born oo.

I am scared because my mum did not survive when she did it for me. I survived but she did not. God help me oo

Aw...sorry to hear this...you will come out victorious in Jesus name..

The mortality rate for women giving birth has dropped sha...pls when you are preggers....make sure you are registered at a good hospital, where the gyneos work on shift and are available 24/7....it is well with you
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by dominique(f): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2013

So sorry to hear about, that won't be your portion by the special grace of God.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Wow. .wonderful stories y'all got here..Congratulations !!! I strongly believe we are going to share our own testimony when the time comes, so no need of being scared
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 10:07pm On Nov 30, 2013

u will survive in and enjoy the fruits of ur labor in Jesus name, and l say a big amen.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by CU2006: 11:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hmmmmmm! Quite interesting,I must confess.

Mine was in July 2011. The whole period went smoothly until d D- day. My water bursted in the night and I started throwing up. It was around 9pm. I was up all through the night. Hubby was fast asleep. When he woke up the next morning and found me wide awake,enduring the pains all by myself,he was really scared. He called my mum,she told us to head for the hospital and she started rushing down.

We didn't want neighbours to know wats up,so I went first,acting as normal as I can. Hubby followed some few minutes later,carrying my baby's items. He went in search of a cab as we lived in a remote area then,I was on fire,twas my first experience.

We got to the hospital around 9am,the Medical Director said he needs to examine me,he wore a glove and dipped his fingers into my privates,I screamed like I saw the devil.

He said I should still wait @ the reception,after a while,I was taken to the ward. I was checked intermittently. I was sleeping and waking up. Around 11 in the night I was 6cm dialated.

Hubby said while I was in pains,he didn't know what to do,he decided to give me what he knew I love most- Whitney Houston's I LOOK TO YOU. Gosh! I love that song. But alas! I threw away the phone when he brought it close.

Anyways,wen it was past midnight and I was still in serious pains, I called the MD and informed him I need a CS. I begged him to observe patient doctor confidentiality,and not tell my mum or hubby...

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by CU2006: 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
He accepted and I was wheeled into the theatre,I had my baby boy.He was an exact replica of my hubby.

Then,the post CS pains started,I could not eat or drink any fluid,I dare not laff @ d jokes my folks were sharing. I was waiting to fart. I had to publicise my fart to the medical personnel so I can be allowed to take liquid.

I was really embarrased when my legs were spread apart and d matron was examining me,only for a tall,handsome and exceptionally cute male doctor to come in. I almost flung my legs shut.

Labour pains are excruciating and I'm still scared to have my 2nd child. But looking @ my son,I'll gladly go through that again and again.

Over and out !

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 01, 2013
After reading some posts here on CS, I hv to say this like I've been saying severally in other pregnancy related threads like this.

Don't bc u wanna give birth like a hebrew women opt out of cs when its indeed clear u need it. Gone r those days when cs is dreaded.
A lot of dysfuntional children(imbeecile like behaviours)we hv around r like that cos mums wanted to give birth like hebrew women even though d baby is struggling to come out due to lack of oxygen and no longer attached to placenta.
Some cling so desperately to this hebrew women theory that at d end, they hv to be cut open without anaesthesia(we all know what that means)

U feel u can't push, go to a good dr that handles cs well and let him cut u open.

If ur baby is too big, pls go and cut open.most mums will live forever with d hip dislocation encountered when giving birth to big children.( I don't even know why we brag about that Do we win awards from that?)
Ask ur mummies and aunties why they r constantly on painkiller and sometimes can't bend properly.(They hardly tell their children such things especially if u r the cause)

Don't tempt God, he is not emotional.
Use common sense.

Unless a less competent dr handled u, cs is completely safe. Ur problem will be the pains especially when healing( that is understandable cos its major operation).
Once its not infected, u r good to go.

We always patronise quack clinics thereby endeangering our lives and that of our unborn babies and later we blame drs for not perfoming well.
Go to good hospitals,ask questions and get feedbacks from mothers to guide u.
Kudos to all mums.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by dominique(f): 7:07am On Dec 01, 2013
My first story...

A day to the day (though we didn't know then), while coming from an outing we branched to do an ultrasound. Alas! He was still breech and this was 36 weeks 5 days. As JJCs in the pregnancy department, we did a lot of scans and we've been seeing a breech presentation as at 24th week. Then we were assured that the foetus will possibly change position before he's up to term. But as at 29 weeks and same story, I was getting worried. Now at 36+ weeks and still breech, we decided to call a nurse friend. She told us to keep hope alive that he could still turn but put CS in mind too.

On getting home, I went on to make dinner. The beans we had for breakfast remained a little so I decided to eat that with fried plantain while I made something else for hubby. As I took my last morsel of beans + dodo, my stomach literally turned upside down (like my insides were at war or something). I started purging like I've never done in my life. By midnight, I had gone to toilet no less than 8 times. The diarrhoea gave way to nausea, but unfortunately, there was nothing left to vomit. I was throwing up bile and saliva but that didn't stop me from throwing up all through the night. Nothing I took stayed down, even the anti-nausea drug was thrown up. By noon the next day, I was so weak I could barely see clearly. I reluctantly agreed to go to hospital. On getting there, the doctor told us I'm already in labour and I must have a CS at once since the baby was still breech at 36+. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I went to hospital to do something about the nausea and diarrhoea only to be told I must have the baby at once. My husband had to go back home to bring my hospital bag (which hadn't been packed then). By the time he returned, I had already been delivered of the baby boy. Had a mild case of PPD after the birth but quickly snapped myself out of it.

Watch out for part 2

Happy new month all

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 01, 2013
CU2006: He accepted and I was wheeled into the theatre,I had my baby boy.He was an exact replica of my hubby.

Then,the post CS pains started,I could not eat or drink any fluid,I dare not laff @ d jokes my folks were sharing. I was waiting to fart. I had to publicise my fart to the medical personnel so I can be allowed to take liquid.

I was really embarrased when my legs were spread apart and d matron was examining me,only for a tall,handsome and exceptionally cute male doctor to come in. I almost flung my legs shut.

Labour pains are excruciating and I'm still scared to have my 2nd child. But looking @ my son,I'll gladly go through that again and again.

Over and out !

Funny woman grin.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by troy20(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2013
jdilight:

Wow, l wasn't aware.

but do men give birth too.

We need experience from the women that bear the blunt of the real experience. The men tell us what they have to pass through because they got their wives pregnant.
you just have no idea what we pass through abi? Hmmm my sister is not easy.story for another day
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by kkjoy(f): 11:41am On Dec 01, 2013
pregnancy for me was very easy, no morning sickness, i remember i only vomitted just once. But during my 3rd trimester pre-eclampsia set in, i didnt knw d danger in it though, all i knw is tht they were always making me sleep too much, my mum took my car keys from me, i was nt allowed to go out and friends were not allowed to visit me.. All i did was sleep because my bp was very very high.. My mum being a nurse took good care of me till it got to the peak, i went to see my gynea and after asking me a few question he just said ' joy u must be operated on tonite oooo' b4 u knw it they started preparing the theater ooo, my mum was just telling me nt to worry, na tht day i knw all d woman wey born wit operation. My mum will cry wen im not looking. Ooo i felt i wld die tht day, i cldnt even pray, i just kept on asking God to take control. I was rushed into d theater wit 2 drips on my right and left hand, wit all d machine in the thearter shouting, 10 mins later sha my beautiful boy was out and 10 mins later i was also wheeled out of the theater. My boy is 1yr and 4 months now. I give God d glory

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jumzzy448: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
Child birth, what a funny experience.
Could remember how I hit the hand of the doctor when ever the contraction starts. She was just telling me sorry.
Before the gynaecologist came, my matron decided to check if i'm dilated. Gosh dat wasn't funny at all. She asked me to lay on my back and inserted her finger into my privates. I screamed cos it was so painful.
Two nights after my operation, I woke up middle of the night crying. It was as if my womb had shifted from its normal position. My mum quickly ran down stairs to call the nurse who gave me pain killer before I could sleep back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Spending Over N11 Million On IVF Treatments / Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage / What Do I Do About My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.