Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,943 members, 7,803,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Share Your Child Birth Experience - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Child Birth Experience (24039 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Amazing Child Birth Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jumzzy448: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2013
Congrats tosintall.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Victosin09(f): 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
Sighs...read through the whole thread in some couple of minutes. Though am single but i'av learnt alot. May the Lord bless all mothers greatly!
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by judii(f): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Rukemi291: God help us o.

Esmeralda, judii.... I see una o. We have nothing to fear abi?
You have nothing to fear o! When the time comes, you would pull through. I would advice you stay off birth stories. I was very mindful of the birth stories I read while pregnant because some would really scare and make you think unnecessarily. It is well.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2013
Thanks Prinye and Judii. And amen to the prayers
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by MCynthia(f): 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2013
I don't want to discuss about my 1st cos its a long story en a horrible experience. My 2nd was reccently. Went post date en i visited my doc on 30th of nov wit my hosp bag inside my car en suggested dt he should induce labour artifitially since i could no longer sleep @ night en am always very uncomfortable buh he refused en insisted i should wait 4 one extra week. He adviced me to come along wit my bag on 7th Dec if labour didn't come, so as to induce it.. So i went home en browsed thru d net en saw some natural ways to induce labour, like long walk, sex, eating loads of fresh pineapple to soften the cervix to start dilatin, etc.. To cut it short, i did all those things en luckily for me, labour started on 2nd Dec by 6am in the mornin after mornin prayers en came wit full force.. It started lik a menstrual cramp en i timed my contractions en found out it was 5-7mins apart.. I manage to bath my son 2 prepare him to sch, on entering the bath room to hv my own bath, it became very strong to d extent dt i crawled out d bathroom cos my legs could no longer withstand the pains. My hubby dt was preparn 4 work left everythg he was doin, rushed en carried me up, dressed me, en helped me downstairs to the car. I got to d hosp by 8.20am. I went straight to d labour rm en d midwife there checked me en as God may hv it, i was FULLY dilated(10cm). She immediately used their scissors to break my amniotic fluid en asked me to push my baby. Mennn i pushed 4 over 30mins to no avail. @ dt stage, i was almost runnin mad, cos d pains were much. D midwife said dt i wasn't having strong contractions to help push d baby out en my hubby suggested they gv me pitocin iv(hot drip) en i accepted, on getting the hot drip i had a strong contractn en i pushed en screemeeeeed wit my last energy en here comes my bby girl. Peeps rejoice wit me. We re 8days today en she's v pretty. God is good.

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by k4kenny(f): 7:37pm On Dec 12, 2013
Congrats on your new born. God is truly good smiley.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by krystal101(f): 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hmmm... Wonderful topic

Well when I took in, I took 'agbo' for 4months, cos b4 I became pregnant I ate lots of sweet things. And I didn't like the stories of women who ate sweets after delivery

At some point I stopped 'agbo' and faced hospital proper...

I woke up on a sunday morning and saw little blood, I called my doc he said I should come for check up, I did & was induced contracted for 5 good hours & at exactly 4pm my son was ready to come at 4:06pm I had put to Bed & wasn't feeling any pain...

It was much easier than I thought I return all the Glory to God

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 16, 2013
my baby came yesterday around 6pm.
The story is here.
www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/166#20250888
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by debola23(f): 4:19am On Dec 20, 2013
Mmh. Where do i even start from? My first delivery was a total horror story. Baby was born sleeping and i had a third degree tear. I was given epidural but the thing didnt work at all. No need to go into details Abeg cos it still brings me to tears.
But second baby was the total opposite. The day before at 39weeks, i went for normal ante natal and dr said cervix was still closed that i could be carrying the baby for another week or two. Little did the docto know that he would be seeing me bright and early the next day. That hsame night i realised i had this strength i xcouldn't explain its source. I was still up and cleaning the house till 11pm. I eve made rice ant stew and watched guess anatomy till past midnight. If only i knew. I suddenly woke up around 3am to a very uncomfortable pain. It was like menstrual cramp but more painful. I decided to call hubby who was out of town dat baby was comin nd he should start finding his square root back home. I managed to stay sane till the pain was less than 5mins apart then i sheard my mum who as the only other person at home telling someone on the phone that she would meet them in ibadan by noon dat day. See we were leaving in lag and dat was when my shakara ended. Immediately i banged on her door jand yelled. Mummy? Nibo ni mo gbo ti enlo yi?ibadan lounged loun
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by mabeni(m): 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2022
Good evening everyone. I am scared right. My wife is 41 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child but we went for ante natal today only to be told that her os is closed. But according to the doctor, everything is fine with her and the baby. I'm beginning to get scared.
Doctors in the house ,please, what does it mean when is closed?

Note:our first child is 1year and 2months old and we had him at 41weeks without wahala.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by iamfertile(f): 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
coolguyz:
was there when my lil princess popped out. matron was still setting the room and setting instruments teasing me if i could stand what was about to happen, doctor was still downstairs. . . .wife was just there on the bed moaning softly and praying within herself. what happened next was like magic. the matron all this while was backing us. . . .my wife gave kind of cry, the matron turned back and just screamed "madam your baby". . . .wat she did in next minutes was like a superwoman. . . .i can't even put it in words. my lil princess popped out before the doctor and nurse got upstairs. the matron alone did the delivery.

i was just there scared. . . . .with the overall and nose mask i was to put on still hanging on the door. doctor comes in, smiles and tells me congratulations, wraps the baby. . . .still with the blood and notice i was still in kind of a shock and thrust the baby at me "carry your baby or are you scared. . .you are a father now". i carried the baby and almost cried as i stared at her face and looked at my wife. she was looking tired and a shadow of her beauty. while the baby was taken to be cleaned, all i could do was hold wifey's hand as they attended to her and mustered different incoherent words like "pele, love you, sorry. . .are you good" amidst thanks to God.

can only thank God for His Mercies!

we'll be going down that route soon in some months time and all i can pray for is ease in delivery!

women are STRONG!

Hmmm, this is so sweet. Like I'm practically shedding tears. God I pray mine too will be glorious & less stressful like this in few weeks to come. I'm 35weeks already (1st pregnancy) & I'm dammmm scared of Labor pain.
God I dey your hands ooo
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 12:37am On Mar 31, 2023
mabeni:
Good evening everyone. I am scared right. My wife is 41 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child but we went for ante natal today only to be told that her os is closed. But according to the doctor, everything is fine with her and the baby. I'm beginning to get scared.
Doctors in the house ,please, what does it mean when is closed?

Note:our first child is 1year and 2months old and we had him at 41weeks without wahala.
This is 14months after, hope ur wife delivered safely?
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by mabeni(m): 5:32am On Mar 31, 2023
kingsolomonjnr01:

This is 14months after, hope ur wife delivered safely?
thanks man.

My wife gave birth safely and sound the next day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Spending Over N11 Million On IVF Treatments / Court Dissolves ‘lazy’ Man’s Four-year Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.