Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US (24451 Views)

Entry-level Administrative Assistants At Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) / Entry-level Jobs At Pricewaterhousecoopers (pwc) - 12 October, 2015 / Pricewaterhousecoopers (PWC) Graduate Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by lagcity(m): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Teeny Bopper tinz grin oh lawd, save us from these millennials!
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by soulglo: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
She's obviously very smart. Just landing those two internships alone shows she in not a dolt. Her parents pushed her into a career she does not want. You cannot make someone do something they do not want for the rest of their life.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by haibe(m): 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
soul_glo: She's obviously very smart. Just landing those two internships alone shows she in not a dolt. Her parents pushed her into a career she does not want. You cannot make someone do something they do not want for the rest of their life.

that doesn't warrant this public insult, there are matured way to do things..the employers didn't force her to be employed, she should be bashing her parents instead.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by lxgx1: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
All you idiots talking. walk a mile in her shoes first before u judge. Just because it's your dream doesnt mean it's hers. And some of you that dream need to wake up and take the RED pill.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by haibe(m): 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
lxgx1: All you idiots talking. walk a mile in her shoes first before u judge. Just because it's your dream doesnt mean it's hers. And some of you that dream need to wake up and take the RED pill.

you still don't get it do you? No one is saying she shouldn't leave the job but why being rude to the employer? That's a mess.the employers didn't force her to take up the job.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Katsumoto: 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
haibe:

you still don't get it do you? No one is saying she shouldn't leave the job but why being rude to the employer? That's a mess.the employers didn't force her to take up the job.

Working for PwC as an auditor, she must have been
washing plates
going to fetch water at the stream
wiping ar.s.es of OAPs
Cooking for hours on end
picking cotton for several hours each day.

It must have been a really hard job.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by haibe(m): 6:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
Katsumoto:

Working for PwC as an auditor, she must have been
washing plates
going to fetch water at the stream
wiping ar.s.es of OAPs
Cooking for hours on end
picking cotton for several hours each day.

It must have been a really job.

lol, she was obviously an official as her letter shows.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2013
Beyonce sef go fear to hire this twitter freak.

Babe go just vex one day do on air resignation

I hope she doesn't expect mum and dad to continue feeding her.

All this red pill noise - does that flake come across as someone who can live in the harsh cold reality outside the matrix?
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Katsumoto: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
oyb: Beyonce sef go fear to hire this twitter freak.

Babe go just vex one day do on air resignation

I hope she doesn't expect mum and dad to continue feeding her.

All this red pill noise - does that flake come across as someone who can live in the harsh cold reality outside the matrix?

Maybe a job dad got for her as well.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
Katsumoto:

True that - in this depressed economy - if the girl had had to hustle for those jobs - she wouldn't have dropped them so quickly. Let's see what happens next. Will glory become a dramtic exit consultant?
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Polio: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Smh undecided
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by baby124: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
oyb:

True that - in this depressed economy - if the girl had had to hustle for those jobs - she wouldn't have dropped them so quickly. Let's see what happens next. Will glory become a dramtic exit consultant?

You know she willl. That is the whole purpose of this fame seeking stunt. Or she is just a mad woman. I am still trying to understand what Beyonce has to do with her frustration. And how Beyonce and Brittney spears came into the equation. I am just confused by this letter. No head, no tail no sense at all. I guess she was trying to outdo the girl with the "i quit" video. That was funny, this is just damn crazy.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by funnyx(m): 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
Stupeed girl
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by haibe(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
funnyx: Stupeed girl

very stupid
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by sweetgala(m): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
Very unprofessional, but you can see frustration. Sometimes we find ourselves asking the question "what am I doing here, can I imagine myself doing this in the next 20 years".
It would seem she is most angered by her annoying colleagues.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by cold(m): 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
I swear i've done this before. When my superior tried to foist 2 extra hours on my regular hours. I told him the last time i checked,the slave trade was over. Walked out & wrote a scathing letter to HQ & Trading Standards. Omoh come see apologies na. But this is only applicable in saner climes where labor laws are taken seriously. No try am for Naija o!

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by rhames(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Law and order has gone to hell.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Katsumoto: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
sweet_gala: Very unprofessional, but you can see frustration. Sometimes we find ourselves asking the question "what am I doing here, can I imagine myself doing this in the next 20 years".
It would seem she is most angered by her annoying colleagues.

Would she have been so unprofessional had she been jobless for two years like millions of Americans who lost their jobs in the aftermath of the financial crisis in 2008?

Does she know there are company executives who are still collecting trolleys at Walwart because they can't get proper jobs?

In everything, one must be grateful. She not only had a job but she had a job at a prestigious firm. Employers not only use resumes and LinkedIn to research potential candidates, they also check their social media history and ring ex-colleagues, managers for off-the-record reference. To survive in the work place, one must be humble and have a smokescreen. Unless, your father has billions he has promised to leave you.

A job is a privilege, it is not a right. Society owes no one nothing.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2013
On top of all that, the silly girl showed her face. She must really think the 15 minutes of notoriety are taking her somewhere. I can only feel sorry for any Doppleganger out there.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Abbott(m): 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
Awesome!!!
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by nduchucks: 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
edoyad:

Chukwudi, you have finished making prey of all the mai gedas loittering your street now you want to go cyber. Good luck you wily pervert.

Haba homeboy, dat one na cheap shot na cheesy

@topic, many of you people like Katsumoto who are saying that she burnt her bridges were programmed to go to University, earn a higher degree and go to work for someone or some large corporations. If you listened to the girl's interview, you would have heard that she is now doing what she enjoys. I suspect that she prefers to be her own boss, an idea which is generally better than being an employee. If you are not an entrepreneur, I wouldn't expect you to get this point.

Those who think outside the box know that she has enough notoriety to make up to 4 times her annual salary at her old job, within the next 3 months or so, given the right agent. You people should leave yhis girl alone.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by adepink(f): 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
Apparently this girl has never ben broke in her life. She plan 2 be self employed 4m now on after writing this. Wish I ve this kind of courage 2 talk 2 some pple 2 their faces. Lol
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Katsumoto: 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Haba homeboy, dat one na cheap shot na cheesy

@topic, many of you people like Katsumoto who are saying that she burnt her bridges were programmed to go to University, earn a higher degree and go to work for someone or some large corporations. If you listened to the girl's interview, you would have heard that she is now doing what she enjoys. I suspect that she prefers to be her own boss, an idea which is generally better than being an employee. If you are not an entrepreneur, I wouldn't expect you to get this point.

Those who think outside the box know that she has enough notoriety to make up to 4 times her annual salary at her old job, within the next 3 months or so, given the right agent. You people should leave yhis girl alone.

Different strokes for different folks. There are 'programmed people' who work for corporations and who earn significantly more and are more fulfilled than some entrepreneurs. What matters mostly is what works for you, your acceptance in the working world or success as an entrepreneur. I have nothing against working for yourself or working for someone else. Regardless of the choices we make, we must be respectful, civil, and courteous at all times.

There are many folks who have left practices to set up their own firms who have had to go back to old firms to recruit, to obtain funding, or to get their jobs back. Someone who is well grounded in either enterprise or the corporate world would know this.

I don't know what notoriety you think she has to make a living but in the US, there are too many people with talents (even as celebrity worshipers) and there are far too many events/scandals/etc for anyone to foolishly think that they can make a living easily. They rant daily in the US and her rant isn't even the most obscene or wisest out there. Many will not remember her tomorrow and those that should forget will not because they will find this story.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by nduchucks: 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2013
@Kats, I will kill a ram the day you submit a one or two word post, or even a one sentence post. smiley
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
ndu_chucks: @Kats, I will kill a ram the day you submit a one or two word post, or even a one sentence post. smiley

^^^^^

Katsumoto:

Katsumoto:

Most probably

break out the knife , alhaji

[img]http://2.bp..com/-pmvxfjikHxw/UlzUxskhfbI/AAAAAAAABVE/gcSq2TydU-U/s1600/Ram-slaughter-gambia_mg_0365-copy.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by manny4life(m): 9:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
DICKtator:

And lemme guess His reply if he was male

" I am sowie, i don't do men. I am straight all the way!!!"

grin grin grin grin

Oh yeah, nna bros, confess your behind-the-door dealings undecided undecided undecided

No shame in your game, so admit it, aight grin grin
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Katsumoto:
Many will not remember her tomorrow and those that should forget will not because they will find this story.

fortunately for her - all we have is the name glory and that pic

a hairdo change may help her escape her past

she has probably screwed things up for some category of applicants to pwc that match whatever profile she has

of course, she seems to be an attention ho, so she may still decide for an extra 15 minutes of fame by outing herself - if only so that queen bey will notice her
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
this is just a small introduction to the beyonce era
everyday of her life she take a glimpse in da mirror
and she see pwc auditors trying to be like she
ever since she put it down with the JAY Z
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by chucky234(m): 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Many people will find it hard to understand where Glory is coming from or read meaning to her letter,but I must say she's done something many oppressed employees are afraid to do.
When you find yourself in the wrong profession be brave enough to take that bold step and re-discover yourself, Glory has been in the wrong place all along and was lucky to realised that just at the right time,many never have the courage to take that bold step to live the life that suit them.
I'm happy for her bravery.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
chucky234: Many people will find it hard to understand where Glory is coming from or read meaning to her letter,but I must say she's done something many oppressed employees are afraid to do.
When you find yourself in the wrong profession be brave enough to the bold step and re-discover yourself, Glory has been in the wrong place all along and was lucky to realised that just the right time,many never have the courage to take that bold step to live the life that suit you.
I'm happy for her bravery.

there's not much bravery involved if she is going back home to mooch off mum and dad.

that stoopid letter is simply that, stoopid

leaving a job you are not happy in does not call for denigration of your colleagues or the vapid celebration of a pop star

the girl is just an overgrown child.

the best revenge is personal success, not a mindless childish bizarre tantrum because you need to feel better than your colleagues

all her letter says is spolit brat who is not ready to work to move up the ladder.

one cannot even call western employees oppressed, there is too much law on their side.

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Katsumoto: 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
oyb:

^^^^^

break out the knife , alhaji

[img]http://2.bp..com/-pmvxfjikHxw/UlzUxskhfbI/AAAAAAAABVE/gcSq2TydU-U/s1600/Ram-slaughter-gambia_mg_0365-copy.jpg[/img]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Thanks

ndu_chucks: @Kats, I will kill a ram the day you submit a one or two word post, or even a one sentence post. smiley

I hope you have started killing the ram. Please give the cooked meat to hungry children and tell them to pray for me.
Re: A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
I have nothing to say than to... grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Recruitment Batch 25: Names Of Successful Candidates Released / Stanbic IBTC Just Called For Aptitude Test. / State University Graduates Vs Federal University Graduates, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.