Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,030 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince (1414 Views)

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ / M.i Vs Ikechukwu Vs Mode 9 Vs Naeto C Vs Illbliss Vs Ruggedman Vs Sauce Kid / M.i Vs Naeto C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by aminho(m): 6:14am On Nov 21, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-39r1fTbVkAk/UozHqLWGECI/AAAAAAAAABo/mP2QmTtTDik/s1600/%253D%253Futf-8%253FB%253FSWNlLVByaW5jZS1aYW1hbmktYW5kLU0uSTYwMHg2MDAuanBn%253F%253D-764558[/img]

I know. Your prejudice have already kicked in, the moment the headline flashed across your bright screen. But it's worth a deep thought. Relax; suck in some breath, and for a moment run the question through your mind. Between Ice Prince Zamani and M.I Abaga, on which side would you pitch your loyal tent?"
Let's begin with M.I. M.I is a revolutionary leader who changed the landscape of Hip hop culture in Nigeria. M.I's role in the music industry cannot be overstated. Since 2009, when he broke onto the scene with his debut album, 'Talk About It', he has never looked back.
He has been described by many Nigerian hip hop fans as Nigeria's 'Hip Hop Messiah'. MI has done a lot to bring a Northern presence to the Nigerian music industry. He depicts the perfect example of bringing Nigeria together.
Continue.........

His music was originally conscious, but then with the changing market, he swiftly moved to commercialize his style.; therefore he is a leader in many ways to the youth of Nigeria. He is the founder of Loopy Records, and is signed to Chocolate City. M.I produces with Chocolate City, and has produced albums and songs for his label mates. The most notable of these being in 2011 when he produced two songs off Ice Prince's album Everybody Loves Ice Prince.
On the other divide, Ice Prince could be said to be the bloomer who grew so big that his father's trousers became his underpants. In 2004, Ice Prince got his musical career to a professional start. He released his debut single "Extraordinary". "Rewind", another single he released received radio airplay in Lagos and Abuja. It charted on top Nigerian entertainment platforms and channels, announcing him to an African stage.
His musical style is purely commercial, mixed with 'street smarts'. He appeals to both sides of the market; the 'streets' and the 'corporates'. And with such an engaging allure, he quickly has grown to impose himself on the Hip hop scene.
His sophomore album, "Fire Of Zamani" was recently been released with a concert slated for this weekend.
So readers, who's your tent with? Who would you rather hold dear? The pioneering M.I Abaga? Or the blustering Ice Prince?
Let's hear your thoughts. M.I or Ice Prince?
Facebook Muhammadamin musa amshi
Instagram @ameen_amshi
Tweeter @senamshi
Nairaland @aminho
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by chucky234(m): 7:51am On Nov 21, 2013
Both cant even rap,I'll go with Mode9 anyday.
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2013
I think I'll go for the present indigenous rappers- Phyno reppin' the East and Olamide doing it for the West...
3yrs ago, I would have chosen M.I over Ice Prince, buh both have faded grin
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by ebamma(m): 9:12am On Nov 21, 2013
I'll take Mi anyday, anytime, Mi' is a genius, ice prince got just two songs worthy of mention which are oleku and aboki, but Mr incredible's has an album load of songs that rock, from his ogboni felli mixtape, to beef, to one naira, to imperfect me, to action film, to my belle oh, dude keeps mesmerising me with his word play, Mi no be ice prince mate abeg , ice prince na them phyno, olamide, yungsix, naeto c them mate for music, Mi na their father
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by Jordanmusa(m): 9:55am On Nov 21, 2013
M I abaga any day bruuh, ice prince follows!
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by Jordanmusa(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2013
KingMEXX: I think I'll go for the present indigenous rappers- Phyno reppin' the East and Olamide doing it for the West...
3yrs ago, I would have chosen M.I over Ice Prince, buh both have faded grin

For their indigenous style of rap yes, but these niggers can't even rap in english to save their lives damn it! A Hip hop artist should be versatile and his music relatable on every front, not like these cats!
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by Kcxee(m): 11:02am On Nov 21, 2013
Awa o ba m.I jah ti chairman bt evrybdy na king 4. Him own house#teamolamide#we d voice of d street.
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Jordanmusa:

For their indigenous style of rap yes, but these niggers can't even rap in english to save their lives damn it! A Hip hop artist should be versatile and his music relatable on every front, not like these cats!
Lol Yea I understand yur point. Sometimes I wonder if musicians like Reminisce, olamide etc do speak English at all grin...Buh if yu look @it from d African perspective, I think they have much right to speak their natives, its all about being original as far as some peeps understand yu and yu convey yur message. Even d'banj being d global dude still speaks his native tongue
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by ghyxzo: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
messi dribble bera dn cr7 bt cr7 produce d result d award goze 2 iceprince bt MI is gud 2
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 22, 2013
D two ar incomparable..MI no be ice prince mate 4 rap...i will even pick jesse ahead of wack ice prince...
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by oluamid(m): 11:35am On Nov 22, 2013
M.I and Ice Prince? Seriously? Lemme not talk too much buh its M.I all day.

M.I vs Modo though is another proposition.
Re: The Battle Of Rap M.I Vs Ice Prince by aminho(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mods dis one na serious front page package

(1) (Reply)

FUJI Boss, "Pasuma Wonder" Drops 1st Single Off Hip-hop Album, "Abo"... / New Music: Viwe Nikita {miracle God} On Ceflix / Download Free Beat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.