Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,802 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) (3175 Views)

Invest In Jatropha And Make A Millions / Engineered Bamboo - The Green Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 8:41am On Nov 21, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]

House this topic is quite interesting & alot of people are already making good money from it.
This can alsobe another or extral sources of income to people.
Please read on :

Contract farming: New Biz Opening
A new farming model has emerged that allows big cities in the country & multinational companies struggling with prohibitive cost of importing raw materials into the country to contract farmers to grow produce on their behalf. This has opened new opportunities for farmers. Known as contract farming (CF), it will not only provide them financial benefits but it will also encourage young person & would be investors to embrace the business.
Examples of farming produce that is currently on contract farming: Jatropha, Watermelon, Moringa, Cassava,Rice, ginger , Tobacco, Cashews, Table Egg Production, Day old Production, Maize, Quail Egg Productin,Goat, Cow, sugar cane, Melon.
If you are interested please contact Gbenga on 08182355047-eesteeresources (AgricWorld) or connect with me on Whatsaap:08128607995.

Example is JATROPHA PLANTATION

THE GREEN OIL WELL- Jatropha (Biofuel Biz)
This is new in Nigeria but not new in other countries , u can make a lot of money every year for 40 to 50 years with one time investment by being a biofuel farmer. We at eesteeresources have Jatroha plantation, as i speak we set up farm for investors & buy back the seeds after 6 months of planting the 2 months old seedlings , we sell hybrid seedling @ N40 per stand,As a member of our farmers club, we write feasibility study on agric biz, send news letter, we help to rent private/ govt land@ less than N2,500 per acre we have 300 acres of arable land in the west for lease & some for sale to interested investors who are member of our farmer’s club-registration fee is N3,500 .
Presently MTN uses biofuel to run their base stations all over the country, In this business there is no waste because both oil & shaft is marketable besides there are people who plant & use the biofuel to run their generator in Oyo state more so we have foreigners waiting to buy the cake.
Jatropha plant seeds for up to 50 years & seed is ready for harvest when the plant is 8 months old , Jatropha seed cake can be mixed with energy sources such as maize to compound livestock feeds, and it is relatively cheap. The juice from the leaves can be used in the treatment and prevention of many ailments. The stem can be cut and used as a chewing stick to cure bleeding gums, smelling mouth and so on. Toothpaste can be produced from it. Presently in Nigeria ceiling board is produced from Jatropha, better than asbestos, they are environmentally friendly, very cheap and affordable
“Charcoal for bleaching palm oil for the production of oil used in the making of soaps and insecticides has been produced from Jatropha. The oil is not yet used for human consumption, but it can be used in the production of pesticides.
“Jatropha is a solution provider to the problem of climate change. One plant of Jatropha absorbs about 20 kilograms of carbon dioxide per year.If you want to know more buy our comprehensive jatropha proposal- 25k

1. As I speak the house has done the first reading of a bill to include Jatropha biofuel into our petrol (10-20)%. interested persons should please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday) for more details-
2. Nigeria has no business importing food at all. We have everything; God has blessed this country. We have land, cheap labour, we have great sunshine and we have population to eat what we produce. Nigeria should not be importing food; Nigeria should be self-sufficient and should be a net exporting country for food

3. We also build incubators that use Jatrophat as fuel or kerosine as fuel , infact we convert room to incubator. If you are a serious investor please call Gbenga on 08182355047 or 08136650972 (9am to 11pm-Monday to Saturday ,1pm to 11pm- Sunday)– Eesteeresources-agriculture-based entrepreneur.
agric4wealth8020..com, eesteeresources@gmail.com

The Jatropha curcas shrub is likely a species of plant many people are unfamiliar with. Having some knowledge of plants like the Jatropha curcas may prevent an accident or possibly something more severe. Other Names
The Jatropha curcas goes by different names in different countries. It is also referred to as the Barbados nut, purging nut or the physic nut
Yoruba-Lapalapa,Gbotuje or Iyalode
Hausa- Bindazugu
Ibo- Ncheogba

Jatropha is a plant whose seeds produce oil so pure, you can practically pour it right into the tractor which plowed the land it grew from. The Jatropha plant is a candidate for future biofuel production – a hardy small, drought-resistant tree that produces seeds containing oil suitable for premium biofuel production.
IFAS Researcher Wagner Vendrame, located at the Tropical Research and Education Center in Homestead, investigates this plant and creates cultivars and growing practices for future sustainable fuel production.
Jatropha as an Ideal Plant for Biofuel Production
"There is tremendous interest in Jatropha as a biofuel crop because of the final product – the oil that comes from the seeds," Vendrame said. "It has excellent qualities to be used as a biofuel – specifically to be used as biodiesel and as jet fuel."

BENEFITS OF JATROPHA FARMING
 It is easy to cultivate jatropha. Jatropha can grow on all the climatic conditions and soils hence it is cultivated in most of the places.
  It is less expensive to cultivate jatropha and most of the jatropha seed varieties are available of less cost.
  The percentage of yield is high and the extraction of oil is also maximum.
  Jatropha provides higher rate of output than any other crops.
  It is very easy to maintain the jatropha plant even at the seedling stage
Jatropha stands as an ideal crop among the bio-diesel crops because of the following reason:
  Drought resistant
  Jatropha plant has the ability to grow well on poor and infertility soil, in marginal areas and can withstand any type of climate
  Needs only little amount water and maintenance
  The plant can be harvested for about 50 years

Following are the advantages of the jatropha plant:
  Low cost seeds
  High oil content
  Small development period
  Grow on good and despoiled soil
  Grow in low and high rainfall areas
  Does not require any special maintenance
  Can be harvested in non-rainy season
  Size of the plant makes the collection of seeds convenient
  Multi products are developed using a single jatropha plant. The products include bio-diesel, soap, mosquito repellent, and organic fertilizer.

LIFE CYCLE

It seeds for 45-50 years
1st year 1000 stands will yield 1,000kg of seeds
2nd year 1000 stands will yield 2,000kg of seeds
3rd year 1000 stands will yield 3,000kg of seeds
And from 4th year it will yield 4,000kg of seeds

Starts fruiting in six months after planting Seeds twice in a year Seeds for 50 years – 1000kg ---first year
2000kg -----Second year
3000kg -----Third year
4000kg -----From fourth year upward. (4 to 50 yrs)

MARKETING
We do a buy back of all the seeds at maturity in Nigeria.
You can sell to many client in china
MTN is presently using the bio-fuel to power their base stations
Also big restaurants such as Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers, and Sweet Sensation etc will be using the biofuel
Individual are using the bio-fuel to power their gen-set
It can be use inplace of kerosine to cook food.

PROFITABILITY
The minimum is to plant 1000 seedlings on 6plots of land (1 acre )
First year yield is 1000kg of seeds
Second year yield is 2000kg of seeds
Third year yield is 3000kg of seeds
4000kg of seeds yearly from forth year to 50years
Little maintenance yearly
It takes only 8 months from seed planting to harvest seeds
Seeds are bought between N100 –N150 per kg
You can intercrop with other crops like melon

Tips on how to start a small JATROPHA farm:
You can start with lease land of one acre with 2 months old seedlings
-------------- To be continue

1 Like

Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by GGfadar(m): 11:31am On Nov 21, 2013
this is gd Mr
i think i understand d cost of starting this but pls how much can one realise as profit per acre in d first yr and following yrs.
this will enlighten and encourage interested farmers like me cos i av d land and labours already. JAH BLESS
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by dwealthyguy: 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2013
how do i start this business of biofuel i need more info on this biz.thanks
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
Thank u
Note that it is one time investment thatgives you good cash on a yearly bases for 40 to 50 years.

Below is the analysis

You can start by playing with lease land of one acre (Minimum plantaion) with 2 months old seedlings
The following are needed for initial start up on an acre of land:
1. Cost of Seedling per acre (1000 seedling)@N40 per stand = N40,000
2. Cost of leasing an acre per year = N2,000
3. Cost of survey per acre = N3,000
4. Cost of land preparation (tractor per acre) = N5,000
5. Cost of land preparation (manual labor per acre) = N12,000
6. Registration -Jatropha Association Ibadan Chapter = N2,500
7. Registration for Farmer’s club = N3,500
8. Cost of melon seed (for intercropping per acre) = N3,000
9. Cost of planting melon per acre = N6,000
Note
No 5 above would be use if the land has many stump that is tractor will find it difficult to work on it hence manual labour will be employ
No 8 & 9 are optional but to maximize the land usage so as to increase profitability. The maturity of the hybrid melon is three (3) months.
We do a buyback of N100 per kg for less than 10,000kg of seeds and N150 for 10,000kg & above.
It seeds for 45-50 years
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
Please someone should guide me on how to upload pictures of my farm & the jatropha plant,seed etc. Each pix is more than the require size, how can i reduce it.
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by GGfadar(m): 5:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
boluwajokosegun: Thank u
Note that it is one time investment thatgives you good cash on a yearly bases for 40 to 50 years.

Below is the analysis

You can start by playing with lease land of one acre (Minimum plantaion) with 2 months old seedlings
2. Cost of leasing an acre per year = N2,000
4. Cost of land preparation (tractor per acre) = N5,000
5. Cost of land preparation (manual labor per acre) = N12,000
7. Registration for Farmer’s club = N3,500
8. Cost of melon seed (for intercropping per acre) = N3,000
9. Cost of planting melon per acre = N6,000
Note
No 5 above would be use if the land has many stump that is tractor will find it difficult to work on it hence manual labour will be employ
No 8 & 9 are optional but to maximize the land usage so as to increase profitability. The maturity of the hybrid melon is three (3) months.
We do a buyback of N100 per kg for less than 10,000kg this is gd Mr
i think i understand d cost of starting this but pls how much can one realise as profit per acre in d first yr and following yrs.
this will enlighten and encourage interested farmers like me cos i av d land and labours already. JAH BLESS of seeds and N150 for 10,000kg & above.

It seeds for 45-50 years
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by GGfadar(m): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
pls just d profit low down
dat can convince .
d cost is well understood but any idea on how much profit we can make on dis annually.
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by hotmas911(m): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2013
We have thousands of acres
of good fertile land for sale,
lease or rent in Ogbomoso,
Oyo state. Selling from
N50,000 per acre and u can
rent at 5k per year. Our lands
are suitable for most crops.
Good roads, peaceful and
friendly people. 08060318769
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
Most people want fast money but in agriculture it is different for example a laying bird cannot start laying eggs at 4weeks old from day old likewise as an orange tree cannot start fruiting at 3weeks old from day of planting

In this biz if u invest say N70k in. 7months time your sales would be N100k. by second yr u will need to invest N10k on maintenance & your sales would be N200k, third year maintenance fee of say N13k while sales is N300k & from d fourth yr up to 40 to 50 years, d sales would be N400k
Note that price of things go up yearly in Naija.

This is doable.
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 8:14am On Nov 28, 2013
How do l post pictures on nairaland ?
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
A nice thread!
Jathropha farming; another lucrative business being overlooked due to inaccurate information and ignorance on the value of its cultivation.This is a very good eye opener for investors interested in agriculture.
Cultivation of Crops such as watermelon,cassava,cucumber are all good business venture to do.
Infact agriculture is a money spinner enterprise and for the survival of nigeria as a food sufficient nation.
Due to that Lesgup Nig Ltd is poised to achieve that by our farm management programme for people who really want to make money in agriculture.We manage farm for our clients with crop varying from cassava,maize,melon and cucumber.

We also consult for crop production like cassava,mai,cucumber and watermelon and animal husbandry like piggery,poultry production,rabbitary and snail production.

By January,our 1year Farming training school will be starting in full with C.E.O of Agro-Prodi (cassava and maize Processing company),Dr. Sheik Hammed for extensive practical training on Small scale production and processing of agricultural products.This is for graduates,Youth Corpers and people interested and want to make fortune in agriculture.
Free Hectares of land for pactical purpose for every participants during the period of training.
Free consultancy for a year.
Registration and training fee: #45,000 (Before planting season,15th February2014)
Registration and training fee: #120,000
(After 15th February2014)
Our maize management programme is as follows:
Land lease #5,000
1st stage
1st ploughing #7,000
2nd ploughing #7,000
.2nd stage of production
maize seed(16kg/Ha)@ #560/2kg #4,480
Planting #3,000
3rd stage
1st weeding #8,000
2litres of NPK @#1,800/litre #3,600
water #1,500
Application #3,000
4th stage
2nd weeding #8,000
5th stage
3rd weeding #8,000
Management Fee =#40,000
Total Cost =#98,580
Target yield 4-6tons
1ton =#50,000
Income =#50,000*4 =#200,000
Profit =#200,000-#98,580
= #101,420 or more Within 3months
The money is paid instalmentally at each stage of the production with #8,000 to be paid at each stage for the 5 stages of the production as management fee.
For more info or update like us on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria or call The Farm manager Mr Gbenga on 08164628081 or email yusuffgbenga@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by Btruthfulppl: 5:03am On Nov 29, 2013
Bolu!
You are right on point. A friend of mine at Ilorin adviced me to use my plot for jatropha cultivation 2years ago & i went into reseach & find out he was right. I discovered Moringa & use the land for it instead of Jatro. I think i will be going for Jatro next farming season by God's grace after making more survey on Nigeria market on the product. Thank God i have the contact of the Person incharge of Jatro in our country. Tanx for the info.
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
Thank u too,
The truth is that it is very hard for onre to make mistake in Jatropha farming if u follow expert advice.

Why are peopple not asking question on this biz ?
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by hotmas911(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
boluwajokosegun: Thank u too,
The truth is that it is very hard for onre to make mistake in Jatropha farming if u follow expert advice.

its normal for pple to skeptical but with time they will buy in to it.
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by dgitrader(m): 4:07am On Dec 06, 2013
Great thread, OP u r doing a very wonderful job. More grease to your elbows
I am very much interested and following this thread.
I wish to ask a few questions..
1. Can this jatropha be cultivated in all parts of the country? E.g Asaba, jos and markurdi?
2. Dose it require any form of irrigation especially during very seasons?
3. In areas where Fulani cattle Herder are rampant, will the plant be vurnurable to being grazed upon?
4. Since the plant life spans over 30years, is it really wise to do this business on a leased land? Where the landlords may refuse to transact beyond about 10 or 15 years for example
5. Are there any economics of large scale we should note? Say a farmer with 5 hecters as compared with another with 10 hecters?

Note: to post pictures, when replying or posting more to this thread, after typing, just below the 'submit' button, you will find the ''choose file'' button. If u click on it, you will be directed to folders or galary inside your PC or phone where you will select the pictures intented. It a simple process. We'll love to see the pictures.

boluwajokosegun: Thank u too,

Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2013
dgitrader, thanks for ur interest, l will reply u as soon as am done.
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2013
Yes Jatropha can be cultivated in all parts of niaja except swampy areas

It does not require any form of irrigation especially during dry seasons but if u choose to do irrigation the yeild will be much

No animal feed on it , even when goat try to feed on the plant it foams in it mouth which makes the animal to be unconfortable for a day & it will never come there again. It also has a repulsive smell to animals & insects.

For those who dont have money to buy land & still want to make extra cash can go for land lease instead of being discorage due to lack of personal land, one can lease for 5,10 or 15 years to raise cash to buy land to invest.

The economics of large scale is simple logic the more hecters u plant the more cash invest, the higher the cash that will be made, the cost of setting up 50 hecters is cheaper per hecter cimpare to seting up 5 hecters.

I hope all your questions have been answered if not please let me know.

As per posting of pictures, the problem is in the pix size, each one is more than 200kb, how can l reduce it

Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
Can someone please help me out, the problem is in the pix size, each of the pix is more than 200kb, how can l reduce it so that i can post jatropha plantation

Thanks
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 2:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hello good people something new is comming on in this Jatropha business, because most of the investors do not know how to manage the farm so the yield is lower than expectation besides land to was a big issues but we have the solution.
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by hafeez65: 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
boluwajokosegun:

Hello good people something new is comming on in this Jatropha business, because most of the investors do not know how to manage the farm so the yield is lower than expectation besides land to was a big issues but we have the solution.
Mr. Segun, its been long that this forum have any progress, please somebody like me are so interested in know more about Jatropha. Make more effort in educating us. Thanks.
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by millhouse: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
is this platform still open
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by miniziter(m): 4:25am On Oct 31, 2014
What about it's weed control?
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 9:53am On Oct 31, 2014
ONE DAY jatropha SUMMIT

Biofuel development farmers association a non-governmental organizationregistered with corporate affairs commission (CAC) and inaugurated on 17th of May 2012 with her national headquarters in Ibadan Oyo State. The organization has membership spread across the 33 local government of Oyo State, and 24 states across the country, wish to invite you to partner with us as well as support us during our first national biofuel summit themed: “jatropha VALUE CHAIN MASS EMPLOYMENT IN OIL INDUSTRY”.
In light of this, we write to invite all INTENDING INVESTORS/FARMERS to ONE DAY jatropha SUMMIT and to inform you that this platform would be used to exhibit biofuel products and unveiling of biofuel megacity prototype model.
In the course of this event, the very best of biofuel technology would be showcased at the one day summit / exhibition schedule to hold on 20th of November 2014 at Mapo hall Ibadan.

Call Gbenga:08136650972
Re: The Green Oil Well- Jatropha (biofuel Biz) -for 40 To 50 Yrs (contract Farming) by boluwajokosegun: 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2014

You can start with lease land of one acre with 2 months old seedlings
2. Cost of leasing an acre per year X5yrs = N10,000
4. Cost of land preparation per acre = N10,000
5. Cost of pegging the land per acre = N3,000
6. Cost of planting 1000 Jatropha seedlings = N10,000
7. Registration for Farmer’s club ( Farmer’s club manage the farm) = N3,500
8. Cost of preplanting herbicide per acre = N4,000
9. Labour for applying herbicide per acre = N10,000
10. Management fee per year = N40,000
Total =N136,000
Note It seeds for 30 - 45 years
The number of acres you do the more you make & the management fee will reduce for more acres to manage.

We do a buyback arrangement for N200 per kg.
It seeds for 30 - 45 years
1st year 1000 stands will yield 250kg of seeds
2nd year 1000 stands will yield 500kg of seeds
3rd year 1000 stands will yield 1,000kg of seeds
And remember that this can only be done with very good management practice which we have.
Also by the second year the investment on the farm will reduce hence more profitability will be attained.

Output / Expected yield
1st year - 250kg per one acre
- 250kg x 200 = N50,000.00
2nd year - 500kg per one acre
- Cost of kg N200.00
- 500kg x 200 = N100,000.00
= N

MARKET DEMAND
The United Nation policy on renewable energy as alternative energy source had triggered investment opportunity in biofuel industry globally. Current Market demand according to the 10% blending ratio with fuel ethanol about 1.3 billion litres will be required for the country; this is estimated to increase to about 2 billion litres by 2020

Market demand for biodiesel will be about 900 million litres by 2020 as compared to current market possibility of about 480 million litres for a 20% blend for biodiesel – This is for automobile.

BIOFUEL STOVE:- The current market demand for Green oil into biofuel stove is estimated to 1.6 million litres – this will increase by year 2020 to 1.5 billion litres because of its daily use in the homes.

FOREIGN INVESTMENT:- Several countries of the world with low land nutrient or poor weather are looking onto Nigeria as a major supplier of biofuel as a source of energy.

POLICY ENVIRONMENT: It good to note that the Federal Government of Nigeria has approved the blending of biofuel as a component of fossil based fuels in the country as regard for all automotive use.

NEXT:
Costing for intercropping , we are so sorry because the hybrid we want to use is not yet in the market for now so as soon as we get it I will post the requirement but investors can still go ahead with the jatropha project.

To maximize the land usage so as to increase profitability we may have to intercrop with melon (EGUSI) or soya beans, the maturity of the hybrid melon is three (3) months.
Cost of melon seed (for intercropping per acre) = N
Cost of planting melon per acre = N
Cost of harvesting of seeds at maturity

(1) (Reply)

Heavy-duty Equipments For Hiring And Services / Lawma Refuse Truck For Sale.. (TOKUNBO UNREGISTERED) / Un-blocking My MMM Account Is Taking Forever Money Is Hooked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.