Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,961 members, 7,799,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? (1493 Views)

Frankmishael1 Its April Already (your God Didnt Kill Me) / Facts in Koran Muslim, Jesus Is Your God, And He Is Your Only Way To Escape Hell / Christians Would You Kill For Your God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by Seun(m): 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2005
I have often wondered why so many of us - Christians, Muslims, even Traditionalists and people of other faiths - steadfastly believe that God is real even though it seems that there's not much clear evidence to support this belief.

- How are you able to believe in someone you've not seen?
- How are you so sure that God is just, when the world is so unjust?
- How do you know he created the world, when you were not there?
- How do you know your religion is right, when all the others claim to be right?
- How come some are willing to die to get to a heavenly city no one has seen?
- In summary, how do you know that your God is real?
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by IAH(f): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2005
Seun:

I have not seen him...but I can see his works. Or what origin do you want to give to a world so beautifully and marvellously designed? Evolution? Sudden appearance? I can feel him. I can hear him.

God is just. But he has given Man a free will to choose between good and bad...right and wrong..just and unjust. "Choose ye therefore whom you will serve..."

Like I said above, what explanation do you want to give to a world so beautifully designed? Surely, there must be a Master-Architect somewhere. The sun, Moon, stars, trees, oceans, animals, Me and YOU did not just come to be by abracadabra.

- How do you know your religion is right, when all the others claim to be right?
Honestly, I can't say one religion is right and one is wrong. But GOD exists and I believe him. That is the ultimate.

Some people are believed to have seen it in revelations, visions, dreams,etc.

Look up.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by twinkledew(f): 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2005
How are you able to believe in someone you've not seen?
i have not seen him before but i have seen and read his beautiful work.
Who else wld create the world. even if i was not there i have read in his book. its for us to believe or not and i have chose the part to believe in his words rather than ignoring it. (he who has ears let him hear).
With the issues of religion been right or wrong was a little bit difficult. i did a little bit of research and decided that my own religion and church is the right one for me to worship my Lord.
hmmmmmmmmmm. with life after death is what i believe in but the confusing part of it now is the debate btw life in heaven and life on earth. dont really know for now am still doing me resarch. but i believe that the Lord i serve has got a beautiful place for me after death.(am very willing becos its me Lord's House).
I know that me God is real,becos i feel and hear him.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by kodewrita(m): 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2005
"how are you able to believe in someone you've not seen?"
Because I believe in so many other things that I have not seen including quarks, atoms and other concepts. I can feel him and see his works.

"How are you so sure that God is just, when the world is so unjust?"
The unjustness of the world is not something to feel pain about since no one will go scot free. <y religion tells me it wasn't always like this. i will talk more about this later.

"How do you know he created the world, when you were not there?"
Scientific. I will open another post to discuss this

"How do you know your religion is right, when all the others claim to be right?"
My religion is the only one that provides hope that mankind is not doomed to

"How come some are willing to die to get to a heavenly city no one has seen?"
Because they also believe in a god they have not seen

"In summary, how do you know that your God is real?"
Because I have seen evidence of his existence.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by exu(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2005
every man and woman is his or her own god....
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by hotangel2(f): 8:35am On Sep 03, 2005
I know that my God is real because, that's what i have known all these years. And i have proof that he is real...cos he answers my prayers. smiley
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by Latoya(f): 5:03am On Sep 04, 2005
My God Liveth,he is so real i can feel his presence in my life,my daily activites and everystep i seem to take.It is very obvious that there is a creator,despite all the books i have read on Evulution and all,i still believe God is the Creator.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by Greatpeter(m): 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2005
I believe the Bible anything the bible says is true.
Gen. Chapt 1 vs 1-3 says In the beginning God created the the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters
And God said let there be light and there was light.

Look at world and her beauty it couldn't have been if there is no designer.
How can a beautiful house stand without the builder and the designer?

I know the God I believe is the truth and original Acts. 4:12 says Neither is there any salvation in any other: for there is none other under heaven giveth among men whereby we must be saved.

That we or world is unjust doesn't make God unjust. God is just.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by layi(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2005
Seun:

You don't see Air, but u know its there. A pregnant woman doesnt see her baby (except through special UV light),yet she knows there's a baby there. Sensory perceptions could be an illusion (..eg mirage). U don't have to see to believe. Reason for Intuitive knowledge.

Seun:

God created the world but is not controlling it. Man has the freewill to make or mar the world. We shouldnt blame him for the consequences of OUR actions.

Seun:

Likewise all other scientist claims. Where they there at the BIG Bang? I believe there must be a Creator to have a[b] creation[/b]

Seun:

How do u know u are hungry when other claim you're full. Only u know what you're doing. its independent of other people's opinion. Every1 can claim to be right. Its called Freedom but the truth remains unchanged by that.

Seun:

Scientist themselves believes there is a multiverse outside this universe yet they've never seen it. Why castigate people for believin in Heaven just because they've not seen it?

Seun:

I know My God is real because He is REAL to me.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by Jackie(f): 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2005
How are you able to believe in someone you've not seen?
The World is such a magnificient and creation. There a super human being that is incharge and no other person than GOD.
How are you so sure that God is just, when the world is so unjust?
My God is just, he has given you the choice to chose betw salvation and death.

My religion is right because it provides me hope and life.

The Bible talks about having salvation and life after death in heaven. So if you believe in heaven, then you believe in heavenly bliss

My God is real, i can feel his presence, i can see his works, i have seen him heal people miraculously of sicknesses that would have taken years to heal in the natural, he answers my prayers.

I challenge anybody out there who is in doubts or don;t believe at all. Give him a chance. Just say God i need you, and u will see the wonders of God. GOD IS REAL.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by WesleyanA(f): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2005
preach it Jackie!!!! cheesy
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by Jackie(f): 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2005
@ WeslyanA
Girl u know i have been on and off my computer and wish i would have read ur reply b4 u logoff. Anyways when i read ur replies of ur last post and how u now beleive in God, i was sooooo happy, i wish to could give u a hug but u know what, u made a very important decision. God will never fail u. Just keep praying and believing with faith for mighty things in ur life.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by kodewrita(m): 5:33pm On Sep 05, 2005
I believe you have a very good knowledge of science so I expect you to understand this.
Seun:

Science clearly shows that the universe couldn't have happened by chance. The precise ratios of the 4 forces (electromagnetic,gravitational, strong and weak) ensure existence of certain elements including carbon (which makes up every organism). The shape and distance from the sun which enhance accumulation of water, oxygen and H2O., The phenomenon of photosynthesis which scientists haven't been able to explain using evolution(it is irreducibly complex). The Big Bang and the puzzling question of why antimatter particles did not eliminate matter (preventing the existence of even the stars). The Bible tells us in many places that he created the world. The theory of evolution itself contains a principle already existent in the bible (from stellar bodies to plants to animals to man.).
Seun:

The answers above tally with my thinking. I know atoms exist but i haven't seen them. I have also seen concrete proof in my personal life that show GOD EXISTS.
Seun:

How do you know that the US legal system is just? based on precedents. He has punished wickedness in the past and he still does. The unjustness in the world is a result of man's disobedience and inhumanity(as shown in the case of cain and abel).   

First of all, we must remember that God is not the cause of the evils of this world.  Genesis 1:31 tells us, concerning God’s creation, that “God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.”  The evil and pain and suffering do not enter in until Genesis 3 when Adam and Eve doubted the goodness of God and disobeyed His word.  Then they hid from God’s presence and were subject to pain and sorrow, labor and work, suffering and death.  It was after man’s sin that Cain killed his brother Abel and wickedness and violence increased upon the earth (Genesis 4-6).

Seun:

why do you believe your religion is the true religion?
I will answer that with a related question. why do I even believe in the bible? Because Of its historical veracity and the proofs of its prophecies and the sound concepts within. this is a book that predicted the destruction of Tyre by Alexander The Great in exact detail. A book that named a conqueror Cyrus the Great (destroyer of Babylon)more than 50 years before his birth. A book that predicted the first century famine in the Roman empire (Prophet Jael). A book that contains legal, medical and scientific concepts many years ahead of its time (separation of religion and state; check Deuteronomy. Personal hygiene and Quarantine measures; check first five books. Shape of the earth). The existence of historical figures like sennacherib has been proved establishing its veracity.

This Same book tells me that "I am the way , the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." That means there is no other route by which you may enter heaven. My religion is also the only one that maintains a belief in salvation not through our deeds. Islam is just Arab Judaism, Buddhism was originally meant to cure the evils imposed on poor people by the Brahmin faith and caste in India, Shinto is simply state imposed form of Buddhism inculcating japanese gods and godesses. Buddhism believes in an Eternal Nothingness( in esssence no afterlife) and it does not answer the question of how we got here (it doesn't even bother and true buddhists do not believe in God)
Seun:

why is my God real?
I have seen his works and I have proof of his existence. The bible says his existence can be inferred from his works. The Human brain is the most complex physical structure in the universe and science still cannot conclusively prove that it evolved. (till today, no intermediate organisms have been discovered. )

NOTE:You will note that the most ardent agnostics and atheists are not scientists, they are philosophers .
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by layi(m): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2005
@kodewrita
Nice Post
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by great22(f): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2005
You know God is real by an inner conviction. something in you tells you yes when you hit the right spot.
Your spirit one way or the other nudges you and you find out you begin to accept and think it over until you finally believe
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by goodguy(m): 1:30am On Sep 07, 2005
I dont think there's any point arguing whether God is real or not. If you are in a haste to know the answer, just go to Lagos - Ibadan express way, stand in the middle of the road and in less than a minute, your question should be solved. grin

But seriously speaking, I know and believe there is a God up there.

That's what you call FAITH

How are you so sure that God is just, when the world is so unjust?
As IAH said, God is just and has given man the free will to choose between good and bad. Deut 30:19 even tells us : "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live"

"How do you know he created the world, when you were not there?"
Even scientists are wondering 'cos those hypothesis and theories they are stipulating about the universe is bullshit. But remember Genesis tells us God created Heaven and earth, and it was Moses that wrote Genesis as well as the 4 following books and remember also that Moses and God were on a mountain for some days (that was when he was given the 10 commandments) so probably when they were gisting, God just tell him say na him create the universe ooooo! and he decided to put it as the first verse of Genesis chapter 1

To the others, I gat no comments.
All I know is that My God Is REAL!!! and no one can change my mind about that.
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by lalaingbea(m): 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2005
his work tells
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by goodguy(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2005
I was just going through this thread again after a long time and I must say I find kodewrita's post very wonderful.  This is the part I like most:

Quote from: Seun on August 30, 2005, 06:57 PM
why do you believe your religion is the true religion?

I will answer that with a related question. why do I even believe in the bible? Because Of its historical veracity and the proofs of its prophecies and the sound concepts within. this is a book that predicted the destruction of Tyre by Alexander The Great in exact detail. A book that named a conqueror Cyrus the Great (destroyer of Babylon)more than 50 years before his birth. A book that predicted the first century famine in the Roman empire (Prophet Jael). A book that contains legal, medical and scientific concepts many years ahead of its time (separation of religion and state; check Deuteronomy. Personal hygiene and Quarantine measures; check first five books. Shape of the earth). The existence of historical figures like sennacherib has been proved establishing its veracity.

This Same book tells me that "I am the way , the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." That means there is no other route by which you may enter heaven. My religion is also the only one that maintains a belief in salvation not through our deeds. Islam is just Arab Judaism, Buddhism was originally meant to cure the evils imposed on poor people by the Brahmin faith and caste in India, Shinto is simply state imposed form of Buddhism inculcating japanese gods and godesses. Buddhism believes in an Eternal Nothingness( in esssence no afterlife) and it does not answer the question of how we got here (it doesn't even bother and true buddhists do not believe in God)
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by trisha: 9:05am On Dec 20, 2005
hey when i look at a house i know it was constructed by someone it did not just appear misteriously so too when we look at the marvelous creation around us the tree,the air we breath,the sea,the flower etc etc it tells us there is someone responsible for all these and that person will be no other than our loving creator Jehovah
Re: How Do You Know That Your God Is Real? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:49am On Dec 25, 2008

O yeah, my God SATAN is real and he has proven his higher power all over the World.
everybody know him,all his fellowers already knwo where to end it up but before then let them have it Full grin

(1) (Reply)

The Last Benny Hinn Crusade In Nigeria! / The Vatican's Pagan Cemetery / Huge Lie: You Will Not Be Blessed If You Are Not Paying Tithe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.