Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

My Destiny, My Hands! {short Story} - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Destiny, My Hands! {short Story} (938 Views)

Your Idea, Your Destiny (1). See What Indians Did With Our Okada ($400k Funded) / I Don't Want To Take Laws Into My Hands. / Who Can Help Me Take Some LR Off My Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Destiny, My Hands! {short Story} by Prec1ous(m): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2013
MY DESTINY, MY HANDS!
{A short story}

IRIAEVHO PRECIOUS
YOU INITIATIVE

A wise man shared this story with me, if it is true to life or not, I cannot emphatically say, but I can tell you categorically that the moral is true to life, and the fact that it has affected me immensely, is the main reason why I will share it with YOU!(no hidden charges!).

A young man set his heart on a journey to a diviner; he was actually on a quest to determine what his destiny is all about. He had gotten a lot of conflicting comments and visions about what the future holds for him, so this day he made up his mind to see the most renowned of all diviner in the land, and whatever he says will undisputedly become what he is to believe, it was high time he realized the direction in which his life was headed and for him, there was no waiting any more.

Like anyone on the search, he set out at dawn even before the first cock crow, with nothing except the clothing on him, spare change in his pocket and a morsel of bread. He was not going to let any extra baggage slow him down from getting to where his destiny will be mapped out to him. He marched on, not looking to the right or left, his vision straight ahead as he treaded into discovery… he was so focused, and nothing will waver his interest; not even the sumptuous call of his beloved delicacy, not even to caress his throat with the taste of fresh wine, not even the tinkling of coins from the money lenders, not even the seduction of a virgin damsel… not even the doubt in his heart could overpower him, he marched on!

He arrived after a two sunsets, famished and discouraged, but he endured, for there was no going back, he had come a long way now to give up. And looking at the thatched hut from afar, he summoned courage and bashed in. Right before him was his objective, the diviner, sitting on his mud bed in deep meditation, with a basket before him.

“Greetings, Wise one!”
And without waiting for a response, He called out, amidst gasping for air
“I have come from a land yonder, and I have been on the road for yester days, I have come to divine what my future has in store for me” he added as he lay sprawled on the floor in total exhaustion.

“Welcome my son” said the diviner, as he cleared his throat
“I will help you in divining what your future has in stock for you, just be patient”
With that, the diviner stood up, went in to his inner chamber and out again, but now he was holding two chalks, black and white in one hand, and a tortoise already withdrawn into its shell, on the other hand.

He bent down and drew two large circles with the black and white chalk respectively, and with some distance in between them, then he took some steps backward, bent down and then he placed the tortoise gently on the floor.

“my son, look and pray” the diviner called out “the tortoise will move soon, and if it moves into the black circle, then your future spells doom, destruction and failure, but if it moves into the white circle, your future holds lots of promise” with that he withdrew to his bed and assumed his former position to continue in his meditation.

There was a long stretch of silence… then the tortoise moved, they watched eagerly and with anticipation as the reptile crawled slowly towards the circles, then the unexpected happened, the tortoise took a turn and was headed into the black circle, the young man sat up abruptly with renewed energy, and looked on still wishing the reptile will change direction, but alas! It was headed straight into that dreaded black circle.

“NOOO! This is not possible” he thought

Just in a split moment of decision making, just about the moment when the tortoise was to set foot into the black circle, he picked it up gently with both his hands and dropped it in the white circle, as carefully as he could.

“Why should you do that?” the diviner called out angrily
“Why should you interfere with my divination?” he added ferociously

“WHY SHOULD I NOT INTERFERE? HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO SIT DOWN HERE, FOLD MY HANDS AND WATCH AS MY FUTURE, MY DESTINY… MY LIFE, CRAWL STEADILY INTO DESTRUCTION, FAILURE AND DOOM. AND YOU EXPECT ME TO DO NOTHING ABOUT IT?” he answered menacingly
And with that, he walked out from before the diviner and everything, because now he knows better,

HIS DESTINY IS IN HIS OWN HANDS, AND THERE WAS NO STOPPING HIM ANYMORE FROM ACHIEVING ALL HE WISHED FOR!

Hey friend, nice story right? But I wish you would see it as more than a story, see it as a message. See it like it is talking about you; see it as a warning to set out triumphantly. Stop folding your hands and think that all will fall into place at a set time. Sorry, there is no set time, but there is a time when after working you reap. Take charge of your tomorrow, by setting out early now, and even if you have missed out before, no regrets, just set out again.

You destiny is in your own hands and you are the only person stopping yourself from becoming what you envision.

“AIM FOR THE MOON, AND EVEN IF YOU MISS, YOU WILL FALL AMONG THE STARS!”

Thank you all for inspiring and also for blessing me daily with your love, kindness and concerns, i have never wished for more in my life!

IRIAEVHO PRECIOUS
YOU INITIATIVE
http://www.facebook.com/youinitiative

https://twitter.com/You_Initiative

(1) (Reply)

Used RA640 Roland Large Format For Sale! Urgent!! / Only 15 Serious Member Needed For school portal Training / Do It Yourself Commidities.net Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.