Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Amaechi, Who Sent The Touts That Distrupted Private Schools In PHC Yesterday? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi, Who Sent The Touts That Distrupted Private Schools In PHC Yesterday? (711 Views)

President GEJ Vs Governor Amaechi: Who Rocked The Headphone Better? (Photos) / Rivers 2015: The Exit Of Gov Amaechi - Who Succed Him? / The Katsina Lawmaker Who Sent His Children To A Public School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi, Who Sent The Touts That Distrupted Private Schools In PHC Yesterday? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
The morning of Friday, the 15th of November broke like any other day, workers and school children were already on their way to their respective places of occupation to carry on with the duties of that day; then just like in the fairy tales, news came that Rivers State is on public holidays for Friday and Monday.

The problem was no the holiday itself, but the manner in which it came. Some children who had gone to school had to go back home. Some schools (private) continued, even till the Monday

Tuesday came, every body was glad, it was all over, life would return to normal.

But low and behold, news came, the public holidays for "civil servants" had been extended till Friday the 22nd of November.
Once more, children were seen going back home.

Tuesday passed with some schools on and some off, then came Wednesday.

Most private schools were open.
Soon news began to filter around that some touts which include the Nigerian police were moving around, harassing and arresting school heads of those private schools that were open.

There were reports of money being extorted. There was confusion everywhere and schools shutdown in that confusion.

Questions for Amaechi

1. You said the holidays is for Public servants, (ie. rivers state), what has it got to do with private schools?
2. Who sent those touts to harass and intimidate innocent and law abiding citizens and the children under their care?
3. Which law did the schools break by opening their doors for their students?
4. I thought that there are long term plans for things such as this, how come we get to hear of these public holidays only in the morning of the day it would start?
5. Do you have the slightest idea of the implications of such abuse of power on the lives of people you govern?

Amaechi, You are lucky that some of us are not directly involved!
Else, I would have sued you and your government to come to court and explain what law we broke by waking up in the morning, went to school and opened the door for students, only for touts to come and harass us over a "public holiday" that we did not know anything about.

My regards to all the "progressives"!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi, Who Sent The Touts That Distrupted Private Schools In PHC Yesterday? by Super1759: 1:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
The whole thing baffles me. Just few minutes ago, the minister of education denied that they didn order closure of schools, and the police said same thing. That people with less interest for the state did that....
But then,I was at one of the schools yesterday, they came in their uniform,police and some officials wearing long I'd cards....they treatened to report them and ordered automatic closure till monday from the ministry....so who are they? Who were they mobilized?....amechi is really craxy
Re: Amaechi, Who Sent The Touts That Distrupted Private Schools In PHC Yesterday? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2013
Super1759: The whole thing baffles me. Just few minutes ago, the minister of education denied that they didn order closure of schools, and the police said same thing. That people with less interest for the state did that....
But then,I was at one of the schools yesterday, they came in their uniform,police and some officials wearing long I'd cards....they treatened to report them and ordered automatic closure till monday from the ministry....so who are they? Who were they mobilized?....amechi is really craxy

Crazy?

Don't forget that as a "progressive", he is one of the "best things" that has happened to this country in recent times.
Imagine someone a whole Buhari came to beg to join the "holiest" party in the whole world?
Re: Amaechi, Who Sent The Touts That Distrupted Private Schools In PHC Yesterday? by Super1759: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
noblezone:

Crazy?

Don't forget that as a "progressive", he is one of the "best things" that has happened to this country in recent times.
Imagine someone a whole Buhari came to beg to join the "holiest" party in the whole world?
So does that make him the best...guy have looked at what is happening in ph? The road? And all that.so tell me the main reason for the public holiday

(1) (Reply)

409 Nigerians In South Africa’s Jail / Isa Muazu 'in UK After Flight Turned Back From Nigeria' / N1.5bn Imo Contract Scam: EFCC Clears Impeached Deputy Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.