Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions (16824 Views)

Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Top 100 Questions To Ask Your Potential Boyfriend/girlfriend / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by GodswillAJudins(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
HisRib:

That's a great sign. Send her a message and tell her you're busy & you will get back to her when you find time.

Then later on at night, give her a call and have the discussion with her. Tell her you were doing some thinking and right now you are unsure about her feelings for you. Ask her what she wants out of you and the relationship.

am greatful for ya service thanks
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2013
1) Honestly, there is never really a timeline when it comes to "when to start dating again after a break up." It all depends on you. Some people like to take a break in between relationships and others don't. I always suggest a small break because it gives you a chance to reflect. Going from relationship to relationship is not something I would recommend.

2) Your ex has absolutely no right to condemn you for moving on quickly after the break up (no matter who broke up with who). But, as I mentioned above, moving on too quickly after a break up isn't the greatest idea.

3) There is no standard healing time after a break up. Every relationship is different and there are many factors to take into consideration. For example, How long was the relationship ?, Are there children involved?, Did you introduce each other to your family members? And so forth. But, I think it's safe to start dating again 1-3 months after a small break up. By small, I mean much wasn't invested in the relationship. But as I mentioned above, it all depends on the individual. If you are ready, go ahead. I always suggest a small break from dating after a break up in order to reflect and prepare for the next relationship. This will allow you to figure out what went wrong in the previous one and do better in the future or help you figure out what you don't like so you know what/who to avoid when it comes to choosing your future partner.

4) Friendship between exes is in no way necessary. You don't have to be friends with you ex. In fact, I wouldn't recomment it right after the break up. Maybe months/years after the break up you can become friends, but not right away. Especially if one still has feelings for the other. If you want to move on quickly, it's best to avoid your ex for a while.

Gracious10: Thanks for this thread.

1.How soon is too soon to move on to another relationship after u break up with an ex? (Relationship was filled with lots of break up and taking breaks from Ex)

2. Does Ex have any right to condemn or get mad at you for moving on so soon even when u cleary broke up with Ex and Ex accepted it?

3. What's the appropriate healing period after a break up?

4. Is "friendship" necessary between you and an ex even when u really want to avoid the Ex?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Teespice(f): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
fubbyy: u didn't answer dis question, op u r nt just gud in wat u r trying 2 do, i appriciate ur effort but u dnt hav d skills

dont be a sour puss.

1 Like

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Teespice(f): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
@op,

thumbs up. love all your responses.

3 Likes

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Gracious10: 4:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
HisRib: 1) Honestly, there is never really a timeline when it comes to "when to start dating again after a break up." It all depends on you. Some people like to take a break in between relationships and others don't. I always suggest a small break because it gives you a chance to reflect. Going from relationship to relationship is not something I would recommend.

2) Your ex has absolutely no right to condemn you for moving on quickly after the break up (no matter who broke up with who). But, as I mentioned above, moving on too quickly after a break up isn't the greatest idea.

3) There is no standard healing time after a break up. Every relationship is different and there are many factors to take into consideration. For example, How long was the relationship ?, Are there children involved?, Did you introduce each other to your family members? And so forth. But, I think it's safe to start dating again 1-3 months after a small break up. By small, I mean much wasn't invested in the relationship. But as I mentioned above, it all depends on the individual. If you are ready, go ahead. I always suggest a small break from dating after a break up in order to reflect and prepare for the next relationship. This will allow you to figure out what went wrong in the previous one and do better in the future or help you figure out what you don't like so you know what/who to avoid when it comes to choosing your future partner.

4) Friendship between exes is in no way necessary. You don't have to be friends with you ex. In fact, I wouldn't recomment it right after the break up. Maybe months/years after the break up you can become friends, but not right away. Especially if one still has feelings for the other. If you want to move on quickly, it's best to avoid your ex for a while.

Completely priceless answers.
Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 12:37am On Nov 28, 2013
Gracious10:

Completely priceless answers.
Thanks a lot.

You're welcome.
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by GodswillAJudins(m): 9:32am On Nov 28, 2013
Ma babe called me yesterday that there is something she wants to tell me.
She said she does. Not like the way am treating as if she is not ma girl friend. She also telling me this because she love. Me an can't keep it in her heart. So I asked her what have I done she said she refuse to tell me. Your advice pls.
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Godswill A Judins: Ma babe called me yesterday that there is something she wants to tell me.
She said she does. Not like the way am treating as if she is not ma girl friend. She also telling me this because she love. Me an can't keep it in her heart. So I asked her what have I done she said she refuse to tell me. Your advice pls.

Did you guys have the discussion yesterday as I advised?

One thing is clear now, she has confessed that she likes you, and I'm sure it's because you followed my advice and ignored her.

If you have not had the talk as I advised you yesterday, do it as soon as possible. Tell her you've been acting strange because you were not sure about her feelings for you.
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by joromi: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
So, there is the guy I like.....
But he has not tried to talk to me all through this semester...
He just stares at me all day sad

This semester is going to end in about 2weeks...
Do you think I should go ahead and start a conversation, get his contacts, and all that good stuff he should be doing angry angry

Thanks.
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
joromi: So, there is the guy I like.....
But he has not tried to talk to me all through this semester...
He just stares at me all day sad

This semester is going to end in about 2weeks...
Do you think I should go ahead and start a conversation, get his contacts, and all that good stuff he should be doing angry angry

Thanks.

Hi There,

Don't go asking for his contact information just yet.

Show hints that you like him, but don't make it too obvious. If he still doesn't approach you, that means he's either shy or not interested.

If he doesn't approach you after you've given him a few hints, but you're still very convinced he likes you, go ahead and initiate a conversation, after all he might just be a shy person.

Good Luck!

X0x0

1 Like

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by joromi: 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib:

Hi There,

Don't go asking for his contact information just yet.

Show hints that you like him, but don't make it too obvious. If he still doesn't approach you, that means he's either shy or not interested.

If he doesn't approach you after you've given him a few hints, but you're still very convinced he likes you, go ahead and initiate a conversation, after all he might just be a shy person.

Good Luck!

X0x0

Thanks.
Can you give examples of such hints?
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by gooses: 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
Pls I want to ask a question,I have bin dating this guy for seven years now and recently I just found out he has another girlfriend he has been dating for 5yrz,and from what I found out he truely loves this girl too,pls im so confused and down,i love this guy so much and right now im so confused,I cant even think straight anymore on what to do. pls I kindly need your advice
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 3:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
gooses: Pls I want to ask a question,I have bin dating this guy for seven years now and recently I just found out he has another girlfriend he has been dating for 5yrz,and from what I found out he truely loves this girl too,pls im so confused and down,i love this guy so much and right now im so confused,I cant even think straight anymore on what to do. pls I kindly need your advice

Hi Dear,

You've been dating a guy for 7 years and you recently found out he's had another girlfriend for 5 years?

Do you realize this man has been cheating on you for 5 (maybe more) years?

If you want to continue with the relationship, you need to confront him about the whole situation. He needs to choose whether he wants to be with you or her. But, I wouldn't recomment continuing with the relationship. I know you love him, but you need to understand this man lied & cheated on you 5 out of 7 years of your relationship. How can you trust such a person? Do you want to spend the rest of your life with a man who would do this to you?

I have a few questions for you though:

Is this a long distance relationship?

How serious is this relationship? What do you want out of this relationship?

Have you met his family? If Yes, are you close to them? If No, why not?

1 Like

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Vickycherish: 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Need your advice on this
i met this guy this yr jan ending and we have been close frnds we even discuss intimate issues he even has a pet name for me now the issue is the guy likes me and is attracted to me and he says he would like to marry me(hes working and ready for marriage) but the tin is im still in d uni and im running a 5yr prog nd im in my 3rd yr im not considring marriage untill i get to my finals....whats your advice on this?? Shuld i let him go since im not ready 2marry yet
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Vickycherish: Need your advice on this
i met this guy this yr jan ending and we have been close frnds we even discuss intimate issues he even has a pet name for me now the issue is the guy likes me and is attracted to me and he says he would like to marry me(hes working and ready for marriage) but the tin is im still in d uni and im running a 5yr prog nd im in my 3rd yr im not considring marriage untill i get to my finals....whats your advice on this?? Shuld i let him go since im not ready 2marry yet

Hi There,

Why should you let him go? You can engage in a courtship until you complete your finals and are prepared for marriage.

Have you talked to him about your feelings towards marriage? Did he say he wasn't willing to wait until you are ready?

I suggest you have a talk with him about it before go ahead & make your decision.

But, for some reason, I'm under the impression you don't really love this guy.

1 Like

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Vickycherish: 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib:

Hi There,

Why should you let him go? You can engage in a courtship until you complete your finals and are prepared for marriage.

Have you talked to him about your feelings towards marriage? Did he say he wasn't willing to wait until you are ready?

I suggest you have a talk with him about it before go ahead & make your decision.

But, for some reason, I'm under the impression you don't really love this guy.

i relly do like the guy we hav evn discuss the marriage tin and hes like waiting4 2yrs would be lon4 him..bt evem after he says that he still gets closer to me he dosnt keep any distance frm me...i dont knw if hes still making hes decision to wait or not....i just dont wnt 2get hurt at d end of the day if hes not able to wait
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
Vickycherish: i relly do like the guy we hav evn discuss the marriage tin and hes like waiting4 2yrs would be lon4 him..bt evem after he says that he still gets closer to me he dosnt keep any distance frm me...i dont knw if hes still making hes decision to wait or not....i just dont wnt 2get hurt at d end of the day if hes not able to wait

My dear,

If this man truly loves you, he will wait. That's all I can say to you.

It's very selfish of him to refuse to wait just 2 years, knowing very well you're still a student.

If he refuses to wait, let him go. Don't sacrifice your future/education for a man. It's not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by joromi: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
joromi:

Thanks.
Can you give examples of such hints?
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Vickycherish: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib:

My dear,

If this man truly loves you, he will wait. That's all I can say to you.

It's very selfish of him to refuse to wait just 2 years, knowing very well you're still a student.

If he refuses to wait, let him go. Don't sacrifice your future/education for a man. It's not worth it.
thanks dearie!! I feel betterr now

1 Like

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=joromi][/quote]

Well it's hard to suggest hints because I'm not sure about how/where you and him often run into each other.

Do you just see him in class?

Do you ever see him outside of school?

Do you have mutual friends?

Do you have him on your facebook?
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Vickycherish: thanks dearie!! I feel betterr now

You're welcome luv! I'm glad you feel better!
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by joromi: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib:

Well it's hard to suggest hints because I'm not sure about how/where you and him often run into each other.

Do you just see him in class?

Do you ever see him outside of school?

Do you have mutual friends?

Do you have him on your facebook?

In the class, library, programs in school.....
No, to the last three questions...
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
joromi:

In the class, library, programs in school.....
No, to the last three questions...

Well in this case, I would suggest initiating small talk with him. Ask him if you can borrow a pen or something like that. Don't make anything obvious. Just be normal.

And another thing you can do, give him a compliment. You can say, you like his shoes, color of shirt looks great on him or something along those lines. Again, don't make anything obvious. Just see it as though you were giving a friend a compliment. Don't do anything extra.

If he's interested, he will take the opportunity to carry on a conversation with you. OR he might not carry on the convo right away, but next time he sees you, he will say something to you.

If he doesn't care to do all that, he's simply not interested.

1 Like

Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by bigW(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
HisRib: Do you have unanswered questions about your relationship?

I'm a certified relationship expert. I give men/ women advice.

If you need help/guidance/advice with regards to your romantic life, I'm here to help.

Ask & get answers!

Plz I av a very disturbin issue bt I dnt want to paste it hia,can u send ur mail addy to me,so I can send my prob to u,nd u advice me thru dat medium,thank u
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Barryp(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
Osahon7: ^^ but in all do u reali tink am at the loosing end?? Tru out “ our time” together we neva had se.x because she told me she was a Vir.gin and she wish to have it on her wedding nite...
This reminds me of my situation (posted here). I av decided to travel to my state nxt month because of that girl. My mission is to 'disvirgin' her and then break up wit her! This myt sound nasty, bt I feel am on the loosin side, havin maintained d sexless relatnshp wit her for 2 yrs. Ops, wats ur take plz? Besides, I'v deleted her contacts
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Fkforyou(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hy,I've known dis girl since I was in JSS 3..back in 2006,she started showin me signs dat she was into me since but I ignored her,wen were in SS 1 my friends use to tell me she was into me and dat made me angry dat I was very cold to her infact I hated her back then,fast forward to early dis year when she got admission (am in 300 lvl while she is in 100lvl)....I started to hang out with her as per former class mate..one day,when were discussing about life in sec.skul she opened up to me about how I was mean to her and how miserable I made her feel and to make matter worse I was hanging out with one other of my other female classmate(we even use to walk home together with 2 of my best friends but seriously my friendship with her was just platonic cos we were living in thesame area).....I appologised cos I realy felt guilty,we became closed friends that I even began to have feelings for her,when I told her abt it she was happy but expressed regret that I was late,she has waited for me for so long and now she was in a relationship(although it's not that stable) we still became friends but with time I began to realise that I had all those feelings for her out of pity,then abt a month a month ago I asked her if she has made up with her former boyfriend after their previous break up,her answer was no,I felt pity for her and encouraged her to even get into another relationship cos I only wanted to be friends with her,she felt betrayed and disappointed and ever since I've felt guilty and to be honest she is a good girl but I know deep down I don't love her as much as she do...although she is not all dat beautiful(am sowi for beign shallow) she is a very nice person and I feel she deserves a good guy.pls how do I make dis feeling of guilt go? I've even reduce the frequency of calling her just to make it go away... I just want to be friends with her, I don't want to be in a relationship with her out of pity of how long she has bin there for me..Can you love someone out of pity and guilt?
Am sowi for my long post I gave details so that u'll be able to understand where am coming from...thanx in advance.
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by drake99: 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
no girl wants 2 date me,even wen i offerd money,am nt ugly,som1 said its spiritual wife problem,could it be true?
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by HisRib(f): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hi guys! I'm a bit busy today, but will answer your questions as soon as I get some free time.

Stay strong!
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
shey does my bf get another gf? grin
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by Ashlamzee(f): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
Why is it that men do use me and dump, they always cheat on me i dn't have man of my own why op?
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by elrony(m): 12:22am On Nov 29, 2013
^^^^^

Hehehe dis one na ploblem!! grin......far from problem shocked
Re: Certified Relationship Expert! Ask Your Questions by joechima: 2:12am On Nov 29, 2013
Is it a problem?? a guy chasing many girls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Joeboy Biography, Networth, personal life, girlfriend / What Girls Love Most In Guys? / List Of Ashawo Joints In Akure, Lagos And Their Addresses – Endowed Chics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.