Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,363 members, 7,780,995 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:09 AM

Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup (11084 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Based on our performances in South Africa, our qualifiers and friendlies, here is my 23-man team I think Keshi should take to the world cup...

Goalkeepers : Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide and Dele Alampasu (under 17)

Defenders: Efe Ambrose, Godfrey Oboabona, Elderson Echiejile, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Kenneth Omeruo, John Ogu, Benjamin Francis

midfielders : Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Sunday Mba,Victor Moses,Reuben Gabriel, Kelechi Iheanacho ( our wizzkid), and Nosa Igiebor

Strikers: Shola Ameobi, Bright Dike, Emmanuel Emenike, Sone Aluko ( if he is fit in time) , Osaze and Ahmed Musa.

Bright Dike is begging to be among our 23 because he has been amazing in the two games he has played for Nigeria. He scored in those 2 games. He is also big and powerful and should be a potent threat in Brazil... Victor Moses and Osaze supplying both Ameobi and Dike them crosses should be an anticipatory prospect.

Most people aren't a fan of Ahmed Musa but this dude has speed. Most defenders struggle against fast players, so it's worth having him in our armory. The only thing letting him down is the final pass. Theo was like that years ago, so with proper training and proper getting 'used' to his team, he should improve...

Kelechi ( under 17)..... Why not? He plays in a matured way and possesses some killer skills. His understanding of the game is also outstanding. You don't catch the eyes of Man U and Arsenal being an average player...

Osaze... Yes, Osaze should be brought back... I would prefer him to someone like Brown Idaye or Oduamadi that are goal shy or can't remember where the net is... Idaye and Oduamadi had terrible games in the confed cup, hence will only be liabilities.

Sone Aluko is doing well for Hull until that Injury. He is fast and has some good trickery. He also has a wonderful left foot.

Mikel Obi is a very good interceptor of the ball and can make vital tackles. He can be very slow at times and his passes can sometimes be awful but I'm still his fan regarding how he breaks down opponent's momentum.

What do you think? Name yours and say your reasons..

5 Likes

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Iyineda(m): 3:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
Goalkeepers : Enyeama, Ejide, Agbim

Defenders: Ambrose, Oboabona, Echiejile, Egwuekwe (or Onuoha if he accepts the call), Omeruo, Benjamin, Kwambe

Midfielders: Mikel, Onazi, Mba, Haruna, Ogu, Igiebor

Attackers: Ameobi (or Imoh Ezekiel if available), Dike (or Ike Uche if available), Emenike, Moses, Odemwingie (still a good option, but if not Nsofor), Musa.

Yeah, my problem is with our striking force. So much potential in numbers but what would be the right chemistry?
My favourite front trio would be Odemwingie on the right, Emenike centrally and Moses out on the left.
If Osaze isn't part of the group then Nsofor should be in as he is good at set pieces. Onuoha is a distant dream. Oduamadi and Ideye are disappointements so I would like to see coach Keshi call back Ike Uche.

2 Likes

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by ehmasjet(m): 3:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
..space booked

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Olaolufred(m): 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
He must snatch David Alaba from Bayern and Germany.
He is my first choice left full back.

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mine would be as follows:

GKs: Enyeama, Ejide, Agbim

Defenders: Efe Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Echiejile, Benjamin Francis, Egwuekwe, Yobo.

Midfielders: Mikel Obi, Onazi, John Ogu, Nosa Igiebor, Haruna Lukman, Ramon Azeez.

Forwards: Emenike, Moses, Ameobi, Dike, Nsofor, Musa, Ezekiel Imoh.

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
Olaolufred: He must snatch David Alaba from Bayern and Germany.
Too late, bro. Alaba has already been capped by Austria in a world cup qualifier.

2 Likes

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
First eleven : Enyeama-ambrose-yobo-oboabona-echijile-nosa igeibor-mikel-onazi-moses-emenike-osaze. 4-3-3. Subs: omeruo,ejide,ameobi,ike uche,dike,ogu,kwambe,fransics. People are mentioning iheanacho,yahaya nd mohammed. .this guys are not yet ready for the national team. They need to graduate alongside their mates. They understand themself very well. together they will form a better Super Eagles.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by free2ryhme: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
na wa for nigerians and their assumptions

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by willyray(m): 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
no bloody chance

Defenders: Efe Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Echiejile, Benjamin Francis, Egwuekwe, Yobo.

Midfielders: Mikel Obi, Onazi, John Ogu, Nosa Igiebor, Haruna Lukman, Ramon Azeez.

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by instinctg(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
Coming
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Deiok(m): 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2013

Defenders: Ambrose, Oboabona, Echiejile, Onuoha , Omeruo, Benjamin, taiye taiwo.

Midfielders: Mikel, Onazi, Mba, Haruna, iheanacho, Igiebor

Attackers: Ameobi Ike Uche Emenike, Moses, Odemwingie osazee, . Oduamadi.

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by instinctg(m): 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
Defenders: Ambrose, Oboabona, Echiejile,
Egwuekwe ,
Omeruo, , tai taiwo, mohammed musa (u-17 captain)
Midfielders: Mikel, Onazi, Mba, iheanacho , Ogu,
Igiebor
Attackers: Ameobi ,
Dike/ Ike Uche , Emenike, Moses,
Odemwingie , Nsofor,
Musa.

*** abeg , I no wan smell Ideye and Oduamdi in dis team.

Note : who says injection of a player or two from d u-17 is premature ? Ronaldo Da Lima was @ d 1994 w-cup at 17 .

We need to also expose a couple of this young lads as they may be our bag of tricks
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Gwekzy: 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
Abeg na how many coaches na super eagles get

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
.ok
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by buskie13(m): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
willy_ray: no bloody chance

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
what about Kalu Uche In the Midfield?
The guy is really Good,wish to see him in squad again

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Olugbenger(m): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
pls wait!
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by CrazyGooner(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
Alaba plays 4 Austria.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Notion(m): 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gwekzy: Abeg na how many coaches na super eagles get
the thing surprise me oh...
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by ichommy(m): 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Brb, make I go list dem for paper first
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Rawpidgin(m): 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
david alaba wen don get more than 10 caps 4 the australian senior team? keep dreaming bro
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by alfredo4u(m): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
Peter Rufai
Sunday Olisa
Taribo West
Emunike
Rashidi Yekini
Babangida
KANU
Okocha
Finidi George
Amokachi
Fela Kuti

Reserved

BH
Militants
OPC
Bakasi
In case FIFA do magu magu (ojoro)

No b my fault ohhhhhh.................na ASUU fault.

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Vykiano(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
Keshi should pls call up,imoh ezekiel and Raymond azziz pls,den anoda person wey fit

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by phtemie(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
Rawpidgin: david alaba wen don get more than 10 caps 4 the australian senior team? keep dreaming bro
Austrian not Australian..

1 Like

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
(initial names for first XI) Goalies- Vincent Enyeama, Austin Ejide, Chigozie Agbim. Defenders:- Elderson Echiejile, Kenneth Omeruo, Joseph Yobo, Efe Ambrose, Oboabona, Azubuike Egwueke. Midfielders:- Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, John Ogu, Nosa Igiebor, Joel Obi. Forwards:- Emmanuel Emenike, Victor Moses, Ahmed Musa, Haruna Lukman, Shola Ameobi, Kalu Uche, Bright Dike, Nsofor. At least 3 U-17 members should be taken along for a feel of what the Senior WC is like, I no wan hear say Ideye or Oduamadi mistakenly enter plane to Brazil, even if na to clap hand.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by clnzo: 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
We need dat italian guy, ehmmmm dat ogbonna of a guy. He was stolen fm us!
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by honeric01(m): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Some people are trying to kill the career of that Iheanacho, the world cup is not where you take apprentice to.

2002 korea japan world cup and the story of Femi Opabunmi is a case study. be warned. let the young chap develop at his own pace and stop trying to turn a skonda bike to a power bike.

@topic

Enyeama, Ejide, Ajiboye

Ambrose, Oboabona,Omeruo, Echiejile, Joseph Yobo, Musa Mohammed, Benjamin Francis.

Onazi, Mikel, Victor Moses, John Ogu, Ahmed Musa, Ideye, Nsofor.

Emenike, Bright Dike, Nwofor, Shola Ameobi, Ike uche

2 Likes

Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
Enyeama$
Ejide
Agbim or any other good home-based keeper for exposure purpose

Yobo
Omeruo
Oboabona
EchiejiLe
Ambrose
Taiye Taiwo
Egwueke (just to make list)

Mikel
Onazi$
Ogu
Kalu Uche
Mba//Haruna

Moses
Musa$
Ideye
Emenike
Dike
Amoebi
Nsofor
IK Uche

$

$
$$$$$$$$$ g
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
honeric01: Some people are trying to kill the career of that Iheanacho, the world cup is not where you take apprentice to.

2002 korea japan world cup and the story of Femi Opabunmi is a case study. be warned. let the young chap develop at his own pace and stop trying to turn a skonda bike to a power bike.
nigerians are very ignorant. That call annoys me.
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by DaVerdict: 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
smiley
Re: Name Your 23-man Team That Keshi Should Take To The World Cup by DaVerdict: 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
honeric01: Some people are trying to kill the career of that Iheanacho, the world cup is not where you take apprentice to.

I endorse you submission.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Confederation Cup: Dana Air Flies Akwa United As Team Heads To Tunisia / ::Nigerian Players Abroad: Lets Discuss Their Affairs Here::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.