Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees (758 Views)

Causes Of Pot-belly And How To Reduce It / Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? / Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees by Olajumokeibk(f): 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Let me go straight to the points;
Cut down the heating and water usage as much as possible.
If you pour hot water into a bottle and wrap it up in a towel, it stays warm for a very long time.
Don't just throw away the water even if the water gets cold, Instead, use it to brush your teeth, wash your face and to do the laundry.
Don't use the water by having it run from the faucet, pour it in a bucket to use.
Instead of using the washer, hand washing saves on water and electricity.
Ah... Don't use the electric kettle to boil the water, boil it on the stove top.
Don't throw away the used water, but use it to flush Urine down the toilet.
Always unplug any electronics that aren't in use.
Electric kettles and Electric blankets, anything that gives off heat uses lots of electricity, resulting in high bills. Rice Cookers are only used to make rice but not to keep the rice warm.
Reduce the use of a boiler to heat the air, keep your coat on to keep warm.
Search the house to make sure that there is no drafty air blowing into the house.
Blocking those drafty spots will also be of huge help. So warm.
Keep good ventilation and fresh air as it is good for air to be in its natural state when sweaty.
Re: Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees by coogar: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
Olajumokeibk: Let me go straight to the points;
Cut down the heating and water usage as much as possible.
If you pour hot water into a bottle and wrap it up in a towel, it stays warm for a very long time.
Don't just throw away the water even if the water gets cold, Instead, use it to brush your teeth, wash your face and to do the laundry.
Don't use the water by having it run from the faucet, pour it in a bucket to use.
Instead of using the washer, hand washing saves on water and electricity.
Ah... Don't use the electric kettle to boil the water, boil it on the stove top.
Don't throw away the used water, but use it to flush Urine down the toilet.
Always unplug any electronics that aren't in use.
Electric kettles and Electric blankets, anything that gives off heat uses lots of electricity, resulting in high bills. Rice Cookers are only used to make rice but not to keep the rice warm.
Reduce the use of a boiler to heat the air, keep your coat on to keep warm.
Search the house to make sure that there is no drafty air blowing into the house.
Blocking those drafty spots will also be of huge help. So warm.
Keep good ventilation and fresh air as it is good for air to be in its natural state when sweaty.

how much would one save from following these draconian steps? aren't most utilities flat rate regardless of usage or not? abeg - write a better article on how to increase one's income.
Re: Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees by nedu2000(m): 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nepa И̣̣̣̥o dey read my meter,I И̣̣̣̥o get problem,lolsss
Re: Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees by Olajumokeibk(f): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
coogar:

how much would one save from following these draconian steps? aren't most utilities flat rate regardless of usage or not? abeg - write a better article on how to increase one's income.

Hey Fellow Nigerian; I sed REDUCE, not save.
Re: Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees by Tinkybabe(f): 12:19am On Nov 22, 2013
@post,are you for real?

Why don't we go back to the 18th century when these devices were not available and forget about technology altogether.
Re: Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees by ifyalways(f): 7:41am On Nov 22, 2013
Una go just copy something wey apply for away people dey disturb us for our local ends.

No be when you see water for tap you go try manage am? OP,you don see electric blanket before? How una take dey use am? angry
Re: Ways To Reduce Maintenance Fees by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 22, 2013
which kind suffering be this
why acquire these electronic gadgets in the first place if one can't use them

(1) (Reply)

He Lost His Dad Whom I Never Met, One Year Ago; How Do I Console Him? / Want To Get Pregnant:your To-do List / A 66 Yrs Old Man Discover He Was Actually A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.