Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 (12939 Views)

Ludogorets Vs Liverpool: UCL (2 - 2) On 26th November 2014 / Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmund : UCL (2 - 0) On 26th November 2014 / Marseille Vs Arsenal - UCL (1 - 2) On 18th September 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Arsenal will soon seen the best of club-record signing Mesut Ozil, according to manager Arsene Wenger.

The £42.5million deadline-day arrival from Real Madrid has returned somewhat subdued performances in recent weeks, and was rested by Germany for their internationals against Italy and then England at Wembley following a minor virus.

Nevertheless, Ozil will again be at the heart of the Arsenal team when they tackle Marseille in the Champions League on Tuesday night, where victory could see them qualify for the knockout stages.

Wenger has every confidence the 25-year-old's quality will come through what has been a testing period of transition.

``First of all, Ozil is a hugely talented player,'' said Wenger.

``He has just arrived here three months ago and overall did not have the best of preparations for the (Premier) League.

``Ozil is a young player, 25 years old so of course there is a lot of room for improvement for him.''

Wenger maintains there is no extra special demands placed on the German playmaker, who arrived in a wave of publicity and scored a superb first goal for his new club in the 2-0 Champions League win over Napoli on October 1.

``We have plenty of players who can take the ball and play, but because he plays in the central part of the pitch the ball goes through him,'' Wenger said.

``However, we don't put any special responsibility on him. Maybe he feels a bit more pressure to do that.

``But we just want the game to be played like we see it and do not put any special responsibility on him because everybody in our team can deliver great balls.''

The Premier League leaders are well placed to progress through to the last 16 in Europe following their 1-0 smash-and-grab raid on Borussia Dortmund earlier this month.

Should Dortmund draw at home with second-placed Napoli and the Gunners beat Marseille, then it would put the English side through and mean last season's Champions League runners-up would have to be content with dropping down into the Europa League.

That would leave Arsenal to then fight it out with Napoli to secure top spot and with it seeding for the knockout stage.

``We know that tomorrow is a very big game in that final stage of the qualifiers. We have an opportunity to do it at home,'' said Wenger, who will have midfielder Mathieu Flamini back from suspension.

``You say 12 points may not be enough, it is true, but it might as well be enough and maybe already tomorrow, so let's get the 12 points.''

Any hope of Marseille extending their own European campaign disappeared following a fourth-straight Group F defeat in Napoli, where they went down 3-2 on matchday four.

Wenger, though, maintains their European results to do not tell the whole story for Elie Baup's team.

``They have quality, they are in a better period at the moment because they won their last two games and that makes them a dangerous team to play against,'' the Arsenal manager said.

``The quality of our concentration and focus will be vital tomorrow.''

Baup has no doubts Arsenal can make an impact in the Champions League this season

``In my mind Arsenal is a team which has both ability, but also a very balanced side,'' he said.

``This is also a team which, when it has difficult moments, they can manage it very well and then be decisive.

``Arsenal are an extremely strong side in these competitions, and have made further improvements since Mesut Ozil signed.''

Baup added: ``They are the best side in our group and are a team which is going to qualify.

``When you get to the last 16 and the quarter-finals, the teams are all very close together.

``However, this season Arsenal have an undeniable attacking quality. They also have a lot of French players who are really improving, like Olivier Giroud who is a top-quality goalscorer.

``They have great technical players and have a great spirit.''

http://espnfc.com/en/preview/380723/preview.html?soccernet=true&cc=3888

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
'Like' if you think Arsenal will demolish Marseille

18 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by sweetiePe(f): 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
'Like' if you think Marseile will win!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by donphilopus: 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
They'll play draw LIKE
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Harfizy(m): 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
We ar all going to win.....

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Harfizy(m): 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
Walcot is bak in d squard....d frnt line is click nw....common guys let win tomorrow....

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by tonydoes: 11:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by donphilopus: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2013
Arsenal will soon seen the best of club-record signing Mesut Ozil, according to manager Arsene Wenger.

The £42.5million deadline-day arrival from Real Madrid has returned somewhat subdued performances in recent weeks, and was rested by Germany for their internationals against Italy and then England at Wembley following a minor virus.

Nevertheless, Ozil will again be at the heart of the Arsenal team when they tackle Marseille in the Champions League on Tuesday night, where victory could see them qualify for the knockout stages.

Wenger has every confidence the 25-year-old's quality will come through what has been a testing period of transition.

``First of all, Ozil is a hugely talented player,'' said Wenger.

``He has just arrived here three months ago and overall did not have the best of preparations for the (Premier) League.

``Ozil is a young player, 25 years old so of course there is a lot of room for improvement for him.''

Wenger maintains there is no extra special demands placed on the German playmaker, who arrived in a wave of publicity and scored a superb first goal for his new club in the 2-0 Champions League win over Napoli on October 1.

``We have plenty of players who can take the ball and play, but because he plays in the central part of the pitch the ball goes through him,'' Wenger said.

``However, we don't put any special responsibility on him. Maybe he feels a bit more pressure to do that.

``But we just want the game to be played like we see it and do not put any special responsibility on him because everybody in our team can deliver great balls.''

The Premier League leaders are well placed to progress through to the last 16 in Europe following their 1-0 smash-and-grab raid on Borussia Dortmund earlier this month.

Should Dortmund draw at home with second-placed Napoli and the Gunners beat Marseille, then it would put the English side through and mean last season's Champions League runners-up would have to be content with dropping down into the Europa League.

That would leave Arsenal to then fight it out with Napoli to secure top spot and with it seeding for the knockout stage.

``We know that tomorrow is a very big game in that final stage of the qualifiers. We have an opportunity to do it at home,'' said Wenger, who will have midfielder Mathieu Flamini back from suspension.

``You say 12 points may not be enough, it is true, but it might as well be enough and maybe already tomorrow, so let's get the 12 points.''

Any hope of Marseille extending their own European campaign disappeared following a fourth-straight Group F defeat in Napoli, where they went down 3-2 on matchday four.

Wenger, though, maintains their European results to do not tell the whole story for Elie Baup's team.

``They have quality, they are in a better period at the moment because they won their last two games and that makes them a dangerous team to play against,'' the Arsenal manager said.

``The quality of our concentration and focus will be vital tomorrow.''
Baup has no doubts Arsenal can make an impact in the Champions League this season.

``In my mind Arsenal is a team which has both ability, but also a very balanced side,'' he said.

``This is also a team which, when it has difficult moments, they can manage it very well and then be decisive.

``Arsenal are an extremely strong side in these competitions, and have made further improvements since Mesut Ozil signed.''

Baup added: ``They are the best side in our group and are a team which is going to qualify.

``When you get to the last 16 and the quarter-finals, the teams are all very close together.

``However, this season Arsenal have an undeniable attacking quality. They also have a lot of French players who are really improving, like Olivier Giroud who is a top-quality goalscorer.

``They have great technical players and have a great spirit.''

ends
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by kliq(m): 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
Crucial game,3pts takes us to the next round.

Gunners!

Arsenal 4-1 Marseille

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by kliq(m): 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
CFCfan: 'Like' if you think Arsenal will demolish Marseille
100 Likes
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Big4wig(m): 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
Gunners all d way

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Afrok(m): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2013
No need to demolish Marseille, a goal in favour of arsenal is enough to take dem to d knockout stages. I wouldn't rule out d possibilities of demolition if d chances ar there, go gunners nd make ur fans proud.
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by bastien: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
If u think the match will end at "Over 2.5" LIKE

Gunners for life
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by bastien: 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Goals from Giroud,Walcott,Rambo and Carzola
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Emsmatz(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
I always believe in Arsenal, we'll pick d maximum point. ♣♣♣

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by profvic3: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
arsenal 4 marseille 0....bayern laverkusen 2 0
basel 2 chelsea 1...click like if u beliv me
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
Gunners till C. Ronaldo plays Eyimba FC. meanwhile guys, check out our players when they were todlers!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by omodapson(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
Why did Walcott show all his eyes in their glory? grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by DickoElemi(m): 5:02pm On Nov 26, 2013
gunners 4ever.... my prediction of 2dy match is Arsenal 3 vs 0 Marseille
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by michealade(m): 5:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Up gunners
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by AllGood: 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
I hope Arsenal get a comfortable win over Marseille, while Dortmund play out a draw with Napoli. If the results all turn out this way, we're guaranteed qualification from the group stage and can then play the last match away at Napoli with less pressure.
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Usjimy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
Looking forward to Cardiff already. As for Marseile, it's job done. grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by EDDYIYKE(m): 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
Go Gunners!!! we gonna demolish them, #proudlyaGunner
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by ajasa4link: 6:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
gunners will win this one, 2-0 or more
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by willyede(m): 6:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
I don't see a draw in dortmunds home as I see dortmund win as all I want frm arsenal is my 3 points come on arsenal.......
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by obayaya(m): 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
it's been quite a long time since teams with 10 points in champions league group stage were still in danger of not qualifying..

this goes to show how tough this group is
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Arsenal will definitely Draw grin ...dy can't ft escape my wrath grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
I wouldn't wanna miss this match,but I just pray all telemundo series/tvs get really screwed up tonite
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by eaglechild: 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
Arsenal wins 3-1
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by AllGood: 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2013
willyede: I don't see a draw in dortmunds home as I see dortmund win as all I want frm arsenal is my 3 points come on arsenal.......

Dortmund's morale seems to be on the low at the moment. Ever since we beat them at home, they've lost two consecutive matches, 2-1 and 0-3, to Wolfsburg and Bayern Munich respectively. If Napoli decide to up their game tonight, a win could be add to get for the home team.
Re: Arsenal Vs Marseille UCL: (2 - 0) On 26th November 2013 by DMainMan: 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2013
Arsenal will surely win Marseille. Y ar u guys wasting your time to predict this match, we have won it already.

U c, when Arsenal wins, we do it in a
special way

The only club to av gone unbeaten in a
season and winning d Epl is Arsenal.

D only club dat hasnt been relegated technically is
Arsenal.

The fastest player in the world is an Arsenal Player.

The most entertaining team in the world is also Arsenal.

If i begin to mention all our records, people will say we are
proud.

Sometimes, I dont know y so many opponents hate Arsenal. Now I know why:

because we are too good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Stoke City (1 - 0) - On 22nd Sept 2012 / Liverpool Vs Watford (5 - 0) On 27th February 2019 / Liverpool Vs Burnley - (2 - 0) On 21st August 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.