Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? (9636 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / Can You Tell If A Girl Is Going To Get Fat When She Is Older? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Eve62(f): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
Many guys dont like the idea of their girlfriends (or wives) being older than they are. Many think these ladies wont respect them or maybe as time goes on they (the ladies) will become more matured. Share your views
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Dsage1: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
Eve62: Many guys dont like the idea of their girlfriends (or wives) being older than they are. Many think these ladies wont respect them or maybe as time goes on they (the ladies) will become more matured. Share your views

Why not if she's a virtuous woman and not older than 3years. She must also be beautitiful,look young and independent.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
Having a girl older is not bad only that most prefer been submitted to by their man. If the woman is humble, submissive and religious, age should not be a barrier at all.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by pasqal09: 9:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
Well its not bad if she just a few yrs older. Anytin higher than that is a no no.
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by UyiIredia(m): 12:38am On Nov 22, 2013
^^^Ironic. It's clear males don't mind considerable age gap from the male side but dislike it if it were from the female side. Personally, that isn't my concern.
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Dubemkelly(m): 12:54am On Nov 22, 2013
If its cool by u n u cn handle it,nothing is absolutely wrong...Love conquers everything
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by dmcdad: 5:50am On Nov 22, 2013
onyefin: Having a girl older is not bad only that most prefer been submitted to by their man. If the woman is humble, submissive and religious, age should not be a barrier at all.
Yeah you right about that... I dated someone like that some years ago
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Eve62(f): 8:12am On Nov 22, 2013
Its good 2 know u guys dont really mind but d day she raises her voice @ u, ull start 2 tink its because of d age diff. Im i wrong?
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by pasqal09: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2013
Eve62: Its good 2 know u guys dont really mind but d day she raises her voice @ u, ull start 2 tink its because of d age diff. Im i wrong?
Then she beta not raise her voice
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by dmcdad: 8:30am On Nov 22, 2013
Eve62: Its good 2 know u guys dont really mind but d day she raises her voice @ u, ull start 2 tink its because of d age diff. Im i wrong?
Yes you are wrong...
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Enegod(m): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2013
i dated a girl 17 years older then
me.....i knew it wouldn't last so did she
but every now and then i would make her
muff juice flow like it used to when she
was younger...there is nth wrong with that.... undecided
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by addictiv(m): 8:56am On Nov 22, 2013
Such relationships require high level maturity n understanding from the guy, as he tends to assume that the lady mistreats him n has no respect for him if they have any issue. It requires more respect from the lady as she has to let the guy wear the pants in the relationship for his ego. The guy has to learn that he doesn't need to shout, abuse, or be stubborn to gain respect n be d boss.. he just has to treat her right.
Then there is the aging factor to consider, most men would prefer a younger woman cos youth symbolizes good health which is an important factor in procreation. the tthe society esp African doesn't really encourage such kind of relationships.
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Danhumprey: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2013
What matter in such relationship is love and respect from both sides. Personally,I can date a girl older than me,by say 5years.
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by oselenkejoor: 9:41am On Nov 22, 2013
Age is not just a number. It matters a lot. 90% of ladies prefer that their spouses are older than them with about 5years or more. Here we are talking about the wife being older than the man! Mehn, IMO, i believe it ain't right. Ladies what a man they can respect, look up to, and seek advice from. M ;Dost of my sisters got married to men that are much more older than them (7 - 10 years). grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 22, 2013
I tink itz nt ok 4 a guy 2 date sum1 older dan im,itz sumhw,in a relationship an high level of undastandin is required 2 keep d relationship going,if d gurl is mature and d guy isn't close 2 bein mature then d gurl wud be d bf and d guy d gf,and d last tym i checked guys don't lyk 2 be controlled by deir gf's.#peace

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2013
i cant date an older person.. its awkward ..

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Dannylux: 10:51am On Nov 22, 2013
I date older women but for some reasons I can't marry one.
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Yes, everything is wrong with it! angry..... HOW CAN I marry my aunti?? undecided
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2013
I can't date a younger guy. Heck! I can't even date my agemate undecided
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by PaulSeun89(m): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2013
Nothing wrong with that. It's just maturity, love and respect that really does count.
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
Dannylux: I date older women but for some reasons I can't marry one.
c ur mouth!!hedoit,i want 2 luk 4 ur trouble dis afternun and if u knw sey u no wan c dec 1,quote me and insult me
Re: Is Anything Wrong When Your Girlfriend Is Older Than You? by Dannylux: 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2013
Harbosede02: c ur mouth!!hedoit,i want 2 luk 4 ur trouble dis afternun and if u knw sey u no wan c dec 1,quote me and insult me

undecided

(1) (Reply)

No Guy As Ever Asked Me Out!!!no True Lover At 17...wat Is Wrng Wit Me??? / Guys Would You Allow Your Girlfriend /wifey Rock This Bra? / Why Are You Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.