Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court (13148 Views)

Abubakar Bello Uncovers N70b Cash Withdrawals By Govt Officials / Dont Marry A Yoruba Man: Says Abiodun Kuforiji / Obasa Emerges Lagos Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by agbameta: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
chidinwachukwu:
The house Never convicted Her For Money Laundering or Embezlement
it make?

Does it really matter what she was sanctioned for? It's like saying they only convicted her for stealing 10 kobo and not 20 kobo... what difference does make?

but for authorizing the buying of the car even when the didn't approve of it

It's called contempt of the law/Legislature and it's a punishable offense.

[s].But you people were busy shouting Corruption and Embezzlement Of which she was never Convicted Off.but because your tribalistic nature and Animosity against IGBOs all of you forgot about Facts and Called for her Head even when She was still being investigated by the panel.Bunch of Hypocrites that's what all you are.I rest my Case
[/s]

And the rest is the usual silly and ignorant village garbage...
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by agbameta: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
DerideGull:

Mr. high-school-droupout, where in the post you foolishly responded did you read sentence? Besides, it is idiocy for a house committee to recommend prison term when it is not the expertise of such entity. Prison term or not prison term is a functionality of the court of law after expert’s deliberation.

Mr. Headmaster, I guess you meant "between recommended and sentenced or between recommend and sentence".

The house committee does not have the expertise in the interpretation of law to even attempt to recommend any jail term.
Through you idiocy, one can conclude that the house committee had already found the honorable minister guilty of an offence not yet charged to court. What a dumbass.

Must you prove to us how dumb and ignorant you really are?

There is a stipulation within the Nigerian constitution termed legislative oversight

Legislative oversight refers to the power to review, monitor and supervise agencies, programmes, activities and policy implementation of the executive arm of government by the legislature.

You are better off sitting under the tree exchanging village stories with your tired old asss village square friends ....
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by VICTORCIZA(m): 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
....AND THEY SAY THEY ARE PROGRESIVE

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by Biancaswizz(f): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
yea
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
I wonder what this forum is turning to every topic is always going to end in tribal wars especially Yoruba and Igbos.
IMO, anybody who is reasonable (not a bigot or a sycophant) should always give a fair view of topics and not derailing it and turning it to tribal or political war

Reference to this issue, if the man is found guilty he should be jailed.
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
ASL33: Igbos are matured I swear. Non of them is calling for his hanging/jail term before finding him guilty. During Oduah, just news paper publication was enof for some people to send her to gulag.

When youre silent for justice, youre only speaking up for injustice.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by DerideGull(m): 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
agbameta:

Must you prove to us how dumb and ignorant you really are?

There is a stipulation within the Nigerian constitution termed legislative oversight

You are better off sitting under the tree exchanging village stories with your tired old asss village square friends ....

Olodo kobokobo, I refused to be a Nigerian because of useless dullards such as you. I guess in Yoruba, legislative oversight means interpretation of the law. Thank goodness there is Nairaland otherwise who would have known there are many lappers such as you parading with Oluwole certificate.

Please stop flaunting your endemic ignorance in public because it irritates me.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by itsIYKE(m): 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
olatiler: Whenever I read many ppl comment and behaviors of IBO ppl both at home and outside I feel disgusting and all that come to my mind was, Wedding between us in this country need to be dismantle and let every side move
Husband and Wife can only stay together in atmosphere of Love and Peace but ours in this country wasn't so, therefore we need to Divide this country and let everybody move out of this wedding
Imagine all country citizen unite together in foreign country to create their country Union but Nigeria always different and this problem of split always cause by one part of the country
I think is time I and my household join this Tribalism so that this country can divide and let the great West stand alone
u need to go bck to skul nd learn english b4 venturing into national matters....ewu
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by thewarrior72: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Yorubas & they two faced approach to every national issues.......spits

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Must you guys fight over tribal differences? Does it matter who the bigger thief is?

Stella Oduah and Hon. Ikuforoji are both thieves who are stealing your future away and that of your children yet here you are fighting for the same thieves who've made your lives a living hell.

This is exactly how your fathers fought each other over tribal differences while the thieving politicians mortgaged their lives. But guess who could send their kids to study abroad now? grin grin

When I say Nigerians are not yet ready for change, some people said I was hating but just look at the people whose lives are worse than stray dogs abroad defending thieves who just robbed them of their future and that of their children.

I feel sorry for you guys though but I sometimes don't pity you guys cos you yourselves are afraid to live in a sane society.
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by agbameta: 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
DerideGull:

Olodo kobokobo, I refused to be a Nigerian because of useless dullards such as you. I guess in Yoruba, legislative oversight means interpretation of the law. Thank goodness there is Nairaland otherwise who would have known there are many lappers such as you parading with Oluwole certificate.

Please stop flaunting your endemic ignorance in public because it irritates me.

Oponu agbaya... If at your old age you know not the basic functions of a legislative body, you are doomed for life.

What's interpreting laws got to do with legislative oversight?

The functions of the legislature under our constitution extend to the following key areas: a. lawmaking, b. control over state funds, c. oversights over the other branches of government in areas that are coterminous with the legislative powers, d. receipts and disposal of petitions, e. screening of nominees for executive appointments, f. quasi-judicial functions in indicting and impeaching the executive and g. protecting democracy by emphasising representation as well as open debate of State affairs.

This is an expressed power of the legislature that allows for formal charges against a civil officer of government for crimes committed in office. The actual trial on those charges, and subsequent removal of an official on conviction on those charges, is separate from the act of impeachment itself. Sections 143 and 188 of the Constitution make provision for the removal of the President or a Governor, respectively; from office by way of the impeachment process by which the executive could be tried for gross offenses alleged against him and if found guilty by the legislature would be removed from office.

I hope you are not the sharpest knife in your village because if so, they are doomed...

Dumb asss old man..
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by ceaser: 9:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
VICTORCIZA: ....AND THEY SAY THEY ARE PROGRESIVE

Yes they are. Because they waste no time bringing erring and corrupt officials to book.
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by Pattey(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
unmask: if sahara reporters are so adept at catching only thieves from the east, then eastern journalists should do the same......i'm sure the south westerners would be highly grateful....if they can help flush out bad eggs....It only makes the region saner and I assure nobody will carry a placard over a corrupt official

A thousand kisses muuuaaaahhh #NoHomo grin

Comment of The Year!!!!!!!
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by Pattey(m): 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
chidinwachukwu:
The house Never convicted Her For Money Laundering or Embezlement,but for authorizing the buying of the car even when the didn't approve of it.But you people were busy shouting Corruption and Embezzlement Of which she was never Convicted Off.but because your tribalistic nature and Animosity against IGBOs all of you forgot about Facts and Called for her Head even when She was still being investigated by the panel.Bunch of Hypocrites that's what all you are.I rest my Case

Let me get your 'Eastern Solidarity' point of view very well; approving sums of money outside constitutionally approved limits IS NOT corruption? How interesting grin

And did you say they didn't prove she authorized those purchases? You must be a demon induced slow-poke!

. . . Oh, and lest I 4get, the best part of this story will be unraveled when its proven Cosharis or wts their name 'Gave Kick-backs' based on these transactions cheesy
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by DerideGull(m): 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
agbameta:

Oponu agbaya... If at your old age you know not the basic functions of a legislative body, you are doomed for life.

What's interpreting laws got to do with legislative oversight?

I hope you are not the sharpest knife in your village because if so, they are doomed...

Dumb asss old man..

You are the dumbest troll that ever walked the surface of the earth. It is unfortunate you have access to a copy of Nigerian constitution yet your comprehensible ability is very anemic. You do not seem to follow your posts, olodo.

The house committee does not have the authority to recommend jail term. The report of house committee on any investigative process could be forward to the President for action or judiciary for prosecutorial commencement. It is only the prosecutors can recommend jail term based on liability.

In your previous post, the Omole in you had categorically stated that house aviation committee has already recommended jail term for Stella Oduah. I guess your foolish insinuation that house aviation committee has recommended jail term for Stella Oduah engendered my response.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by agbameta: 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
DerideGull:

[s]
You are the dumbest troll that ever walked the surface of the earth. It is unfortunate you have access to a copy of Nigerian constitution yet your comprehensible ability is very anemic. You do not seem to follow your posts, olodo.

The house committee does have the authority to recommend jail term. The report of house committee on any investigative process could be forward to the President for action or judiciary for prosecutorial commencement. It is only the prosecutors can recommend jail term based on liability.

In your previous post, the Omole in you had categorically stated that house aviation committee has already recommended jail term for Stella Oduah. I guess your foolish insinuation that house aviation committee has recommended jail term for Stella Oduah engendered my response.[/s]

Your village square schools obviously didn't teach you villagers social studies and civic education..
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by azzima(m): 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
agbameta:

Your village square schools obviously didn't teach you villagers social studies and civic education..
guy, please abeg free this idiot. you are too on point with fact. this one is just on break from selling spare parts in ladipo. pls free him
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by paschalndidi(m): 4:27am On Nov 23, 2013
ASL33: Igbos are matured I swear. Non of them is calling for his hanging/jail term before finding him guilty. During Oduah, just news paper publication was enof for some people to send her to gulag.
Will you also say that for yourself? I thought your party was full of saints. Isn't it obvious that this ikirfor, or what do you call him is....you know now
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by paschalndidi(m): 4:53am On Nov 23, 2013
If he's found guilty, he might get two weeks jail term. Dont be surprised. Wait a minute, i thought he's a member of acn turned apc. That party that want to get rid of corruption in Nigeria. That party better than pdp. I dey laugh

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by ba7man(m): 7:35am On Nov 23, 2013
rudedough: Must you guys fight over tribal differences? Does it matter who the bigger thief is?

Stella Oduah and Hon. Ikuforoji are both thieves who are stealing your future away and that of your children yet here you are fighting for the same thieves who've made your lives a living hell.

This is exactly how your fathers fought each other over tribal differences while the thieving politicians mortgaged their lives. But guess who could send their kids to study abroad now? grin grin

When I say Nigerians are not yet ready for change, some people said I was hating but just look at the people whose lives are worse than stray dogs abroad defending thieves who just robbed them of their future and that of their children.

I feel sorry for you guys though but I sometimes don't pity you guys cos you yourselves are afraid to live in a sane society.
This is the smartest post so far.

Spot on.
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by sweetgala(m): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
agbameta:

That was basic English...

Some people don't unsertand the judicial principle of innocent until proven guilty.
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
ndcide: people defending their own criminals.

we all know that the case will not see the light, because the speaker is using all instruments at his disposal to frustrate the case.

no civil society group have demanded his resignation yet. they simply don't care. the news media don't care.

some will. say if he's found guilty, how will he be found guilty? was Ibori found guilty?

protect your thief, I protect my thief.

let the EFCC harass Fashola
today and you'll know that those speaking here are not serious

I pity you phools. Go and form your own group and fight corruption if others refuse to do it.
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2013
ceaser:

Yes they are. Because they waste no time bringing erring and corrupt officials to book.
why wont you peeps start with bringing Tinubu the frogy eyes to book? Progresive indeed
Re: Lagos Speaker Kuforiji Made Cash Withdrawals 57 Times, Witness Tells Court by ukese: 7:39am On Jul 08, 2014
karlmax2: So some hypocrites actually know that one has to be found guilty by a competent court before that person is punished.

When it involves apc thieves , the court has to find them guilty before their e rats would ask him to be removed or punished

But when it comes to the FG and the pdp once a news media publishes a beer parlour corruption story the resident e rats on nairaland would find whoever is involved guilty without a fair hearing. They would scream for that individual to be sacked before his been pronounced quilty or even taken to court

july 11 is around the corner

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Southern Governors Divided On Zoning 2023 Presidency To South / Delta APC Spokesperson, Imonina Sylvester Dumps Party / Jones Onwuasoanya Resigns As Imo APC Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.