Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Hidden Chapter. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hidden Chapter. (3490 Views)

Naruto Chapter 593 (pidgin English) / End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 / The Unexpected Fight In Naruto Manga Chapter 343 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 12:56am On Nov 22, 2013
Bullet proof, nothing to lose. Fire away, fire .away...

The song played loud in her ears through the bus speaker she was leaning against as she tried to hide her tears. She was sitting in the BRT bus at the very last seat and no one else dared come near her. Their eyes saw a little girl of about 10years old, slim bodied, fair, wearing a blue T+shirt and black skirt, worn socks and shoes, with cropped hair covered with a dirty light blue beret. She was pretty to look at, with fine facial features and if she had smiled they would have seen dimples on her cheeks. But she wasn't smiling now, she was looking down at the ground. That is what their eyes saw. What kept them away from her was their primal instinct for survival. Human beings instinctively knew when something or someone was dangerous and naturally went out of their way to avoid it. They didn't know quite why they felt that way, but most of the other passengers kept a healthy distance from her.

"Jibowu!" The BRT conductor said.

Some passengers came down and others joined the bus. Among them was a young man in his late twenties. Clean shaven with a spattering of silver strands on his very black hair, he dressed immaculately in a white long sleeved T-shirt and grey trousers with silver stripes running down its length. He seemed built for physical activities even though he dressed like a lawyer or a doctor. His broad shoulders brushed past the BRT ticket collector and he quickly apologised to her even though she had smiled and didn't seem to mind his contact on her person at all. He walked up to a space in the middle seat and sat down.

She watched him, attracted to his person for a reason she couldn't fathom. He sat there patiently until the bus started to move again. Then he got up and turning slowly, met her eyes. He held her gaze as did she and then he approached her.

No. No! Go away! She thought but he came forward confidently and sat beside her. He was silent for a while then he stretched out his hand.

"Give it to me." He said.

Tears streamed down her face as she looked at his hand. It was open, inviting. The other passengers on the bus sat quietly facing forward while a small flat screen behind the driver blared out some more random music from channel O.
She looked around her and took all this in, before a gesture from the man startled her. He moved his hand again.
"Don't worry. I know what to do with it. Don't say anything, just give it to me."
She looked up into his eyes and saw the kindness in them. She wiped the tears from her eyes with the back of her dirty right hand, and with her left she brought out the talisman still clenched tight in her fists. Slowly she unclenched and there it was. A sinister looking black stone with the carvings of the ancients on it. She dropped it in his open palm and he smiled and brought out a white handkerchief with which he used to wrap it. And then he crushed it with his bare hand until it had crumbled to dust. He stretched across her to the window and threw the handkerchief out the window where it fell down the bridge and into the lagoon.

She gazed at him awe-struck. He had handled it so simply. She felt her strength returning and for the first time in 11hours she smiled. He smiled back and made to go back to his seat, she touched his back and asked him his name.

"Chukwudi B. But you can call me chuks," he said smiling. And then he went to his seat. A few minutes layer an elderly woman walked up to her.

"Sorry please, Can I sit by you?"
She smiled happily as more people came. a few moments ago all these people would have died instantly for even standing near her. But now they approached her like any other person.
She was free.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 12:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Ishilove: 8:55am On Nov 22, 2013
Royver! Royver!!! You nefa finish Chuk's story and yet you don stat anoda one? angry

grin grin
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 8:58am On Nov 22, 2013
Ishilove: Royver! Royver!!! You nefa finish Chuk's story and yet you don stat anoda one? angry

grin grin
No o. Just messing around with character development like u said o.
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Ishilove: 9:01am On Nov 22, 2013
Royver:
No o. Just messing around with character development like u said o.
You seem to have a thing for 'Chukwudi'. Is that your real name?
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 9:38am On Nov 22, 2013
Ishilove:
You seem to have a thing for 'Chukwudi'. Is that your real name?
Nope. Its the same chukwudi who sees things. Chukwudi the stronger. U guys already figured out my real name na. grin
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Ishilove: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
Royver:
Nope. Its the same chukwudi who sees things. Chukwudi the stronger. U guys already figured out my real name na. grin
Royver is your real name? undecided
Re: Hidden Chapter. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ishilove:
Royver is your real name? undecided
Roy
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Roy
Affirmative.
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Ishilove: 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
Royland, Royoluwa, Oluwaroy...?
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Ishilove: 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
Emm, Roy, did the song play 'loidly' or 'loudly'? embarassed
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Ishilove: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
I can't fault this. It's nice smiley I could picture EVERYTHING, which is what painting a picture is about. You carry the readers along with your words and they can actually see everything happening. Its makes the whole experience more real to them. Nice smiley
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ishilove: Emm, Roy, did the song play 'loidly' or 'loudly'? embarassed
Na loudly I write oh shocked
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Ishilove: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Royver:
Na loudly I write oh shocked
grin
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ishilove: I can't fault this. It's nice smiley I could picture EVERYTHING, which is what painting a picture is about. You carry the readers along with your words and they can actually see everything happening. Its makes the whole experience more real to them. Nice smiley
How come nairaland ain't got a blushing smiley face? Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Chapter. by Ishilove: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
Royver:
How come nairaland ain't got a blushing smiley face? Thanks!
What do ye speak about?

This is a blushing smiley: embarassed embarassed

grin
Re: Hidden Chapter. by zube01(m): 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
Baba Roy the story don finish abi e get part2?
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Wealthyone: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
;DNice one Mr. Roy. I presume this hidden chapter is part of ISTODNS..It reminds me of d hidden episode of prison break series. Well done cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hidden Chapter. by felipemadero(m): 10:33am On Nov 23, 2013
Caught you just @ the right time. cool
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
felipemadero: Caught you just @ the right time. cool
wink
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2013
Wealthyone: ;DNice one Mr. Roy. I presume this hidden chapter is part of ISTODNS..It reminds me of d hidden episode of prison break series. Well done cheesy
Thanks!
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2013
zube01: Baba Roy the story don finish abi e get part2?
Part 2 no dey o bros. E go continue for d other side. Abeg make una no vex, d updates fit dey shorter than b4 o. I don get one kain contract like dat way dey take my time. grin
Re: Hidden Chapter. by zube01(m): 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
Royver:
Part 2 no dey o bros. E go continue for d other side. Abeg make una no vex, d updates fit dey shorter than b4 o. I don get one kain contract like dat way dey take my time. grin
..which other side?
Re: Hidden Chapter. by chycoroxie(f): 10:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 2:31am On Nov 24, 2013
zube01: ..which other side?
The original thread.
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 2:34am On Nov 24, 2013
chycoroxie: .
This is just an event that occurred in the life of chuks b.
Re: Hidden Chapter. by zube01(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2013
Royver:
The original thread.
.direct me to the original thread pls!
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1503988/see-things-others-not-see#19294106
zube01: .direct me to the original thread pls!
You r already there.
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Nimen(m): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2013
Was thinking this was kind of a season two. Maybe where this young gurl has lil powers or maybe a great destiny and chuks have to protect her. Buh the life of d gurl is the centre attraction smiley

hope i'm making sense
Re: Hidden Chapter. by Royver(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
It's not what you see.
Its what you feel here that counts.

The old man stood before the abyss,his cloak drawn around him to protect fromthe overwhelming cold. His hand lay gently on my shoulder as I looked down into the blackness before me.

"You are sure she's down there?" I ask,my voice quiet but firm.

"Yes, my son." He sighed. "Your enemies chose a good hiding place. This is one of the places even angels dare to tread."

"The valley of the shadow of death." I mused, but he shook his head slowly.

"Not quite, but close enough."

I nodded and tried to ignore the quickening of my heartbeat as I anticipated what was to come next. I could leave at any moment. No one was forcing me to do this.

But Elepheareon had said she was at the bottom of that abyss.

My Nina awaited me.

I nodded to him and he withdrew in silence. I drew my sword from its sheath and without further ado, I plunged into the darkness...

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Chapter. by SexySapphire(f): 8:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
Royver, are you thinking of treating us to more from Chukwudi or what? I will be glad if the answer is affirmative cos I've missed that guy so much.
Re: Hidden Chapter. by felipemadero(m): 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
I won't even stress myself,I'll just flow along.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fiance, My Foe:- A Love Story! / Nigerian Books And Magazines In Uk And Europe / Free Romantic Story :- Life With Spoilt Neighbours(18+) Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.