Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:38 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202010 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:03am On Nov 22, 2013
ASUU!!! ASUU!!! ASUU!!! Strike have really turn this education section to rumours lodge, false information carriers has decided to nest their egg on this section, hence to curb this unacceptable and degrading act we moderator of this section has decided to open this thread for ASUU news, therefore all News concerning ASUU strike should be post on here if the news comes out real with well stated source and nt a blog,or any frame up source then it would grace frontpage directly from this thread. Say No to Rumours and False information!!!

23 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Elui2(m): 7:09am On Nov 22, 2013
I wanna lauf.finaly ASUU has attracted dat attentiom it wanted

4 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olastep1(m): 7:14am On Nov 22, 2013
Education is the key, but ASUU done spoil the padlock

33 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by sambas: 7:15am On Nov 22, 2013
ASUU STRIKE
UPDATE: Friday NEC
meeting not rumour
– Dr. Lawan
Abubakar
CULLED FROM EPOCH
TIMES
The ASUU strike 2013
continues, but the latest
update is a good one. A
union official has
confirmed that the
postponed National
Executive Council
meeting–which was
postponed after the
sudden death of Festus
Iyayi–is slated to be
held on Friday.
At the meeting, it is
expected that the union
will call off the months
long strike.
Dr. Lawan Abubakar,
the chairman of the
ASUU branch at
Abubakar Tafawa
Balewa University,
Bauchi told the Daily
Post that the rumor is
true: the union will hold
the council meeting on
Friday.
The union leadership
and President Goodluck
Jonathan’s team met
two weeks ago and
there was optimism all
around afterward. The
leadership took the
federal government’s
offer to the union
branch leaders, who
then voted at each
school across the
country regarding
whether to continue
the strike or not. The
clear majority voted to
end the strike.
That set up the NEC
meeting, which was
originally supposed to
be held on November
13. If the union had
voted to end the strike,
then a meeting was
planned with Jonathan
the next day to finalize
the move.
But on November 12
the sudden death of
Iyayi, a former ASUU
president, shocked the
union, prompting
leadership to call a 7-
day mourning period,
and throwing into
question any ending of
the strike.
Now the union will
meet on Friday, and
likely vote to end the
strike.
Short URL: http://
www.osundefender.org/
?p=132973
Posted by
T
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 7:25am On Nov 22, 2013
ASUU, Ondo varsity on collision course over resumption order

AKURE — THE striking members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko chapter, Ondo State and the university authorities are on a collision course over a directive that the students should resume for lectures.

Gates to the nation’s public universities have been shut in the last 144 days due to trade dispute between ASUU and the Federal Government
Registrar of the state-owned university, R. B. Olotu in a statement in Akure directed the students to resume on Monday, November 25 for the second semester 2012/2013 session.

But in a swift reaction, the ASUU Chapter of the university dissociated itself from the purported resumption of academic activities in the university.
The Chapter’s chairperson, Busuyi Mekusi in a statement asked members to disregard the directive.

Mekusi said: “ASUU Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko Branch, wishes to dissociate itself from the purported resumption of academic activities in the university, as its members are still part of the ongoing national strike by the union.

“Members should, therefore, disregard any pull to abandon the struggle, and be steadfast until the present position is reviewed by NEC.

“ The union also wants to make it abundantly clear that it would resist every tyrannical propensity to intimidate and harass its members.”

The Registrar in his statement entitled: ‘Resumption for the 2nd semester 2012/2013 session’ directed all the students of university to resume.

“All the students of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State, are hereby informed that academic activities of the second semester of 2012/2013 session truncated as a result of the ASUU national strike are to resume on Monday, 25th November, 2013 with the continuation of registration on the University portal ( http://portal.aaua.edu.ng).
“Lectures are to start on Monday, 2nd December, 2013

It will be recalled that the Vice Chancellor of the University Prof. Femi Mimiko had about a month ago expressed worries over the continued closure of the university by Ondo State.

Prof. Mimiko threatened that he would recall the students if the four month old strike action was not suspended.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/ASUU-ondo-varsity-collision-course-resumption-order/
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by engrfcuksmtin(m): 7:34am On Nov 22, 2013
Fynestboi: ASUU!!! ASUU!!! ASUU!!! Strike has really turn this education section to rumours lodge, false information carriers had decided to nest their egg on this section, hence to curb this degrading act we moderator of this section had decide to open this thread for ASUU news, so therefore all News concerning ASUU strike should be post on here if the news comes out real with well stated source and nt a blog,or any frame up source then it would grace frontpage directly from this thread.... Hence any other thread about ASUU been opened would be delete and if such repeat itself by the same user i reserve my comment.....

Say No to Rumours and False information!!!

Signed
As a moderator of the education section please read over your post and make the necessary corrections.

17 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2013
Finestboi, i permit you to delete that Osundefender or osunfender or osunfainter news,we are tire of that baseless Osun news.If you don't delete it now,i reserve my comment.

4 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by meracool(m): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2013
Yah... Let all ASUU news be Posted here..... Now The MODs are Now awake to the Situation..... I rep FUTA

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Miner13: 7:41am On Nov 22, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: As a moderator of the education section please read over your post and make the necessary corrections.
why don't you point out areas that need correction and leave na me shabi all

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by renaissance(m): 8:01am On Nov 22, 2013
Miner13:
y don't u point out areas dat nd corr & leave na me sabi all
dt mind d guy.he claimed 2 b prof.But prof,by definition,must point out d erroneous areas & put dem 2 rectification.perhaps,he wantd 2 b famous bt notorious

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 8:07am On Nov 22, 2013
[quote author=Ayima][/quote] I have corrected some mistakes,if you know better you can correct too.No insult i guess is part of learning.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 8:16am On Nov 22, 2013
Miner13:
why don't you point out areas that need correction and leave na me shabi all
baba i tire o,as far as d point n message is passed

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 8:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Attention: Only ASUU strike News with discussion on the topics are allow on here any other post contrary to this would be veil. Thanks to all my Piss artist professor gringringringringrin..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 8:39am On Nov 22, 2013
So let discuss about this meeting stated to hold today i guess thats the current news....

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 8:41am On Nov 22, 2013
@engrfucksumtn am nt against you ooo, i really appreciate, thanks for the correction... But let face the major topic of this thread... Thanks.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 22, 2013
Fynestboi: So let discuss about this meeting stated to hold today i guess thats the current news....
yeah....who knows where its holding?

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 8:43am On Nov 22, 2013
mi xpressive:
yeah....who knows where its holding?
i also dont have idea on that.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:45am On Nov 22, 2013
Fynestboi: @engrfucksumtn am nt against you ooo, i really appreciate thanks for the correction... But let face the major topic of this thread...
clear. So where is the venue of the meeting?

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 8:45am On Nov 22, 2013
Welcome to ASUU customer care.To be Serviced in English Press (1)Nhi na igbo bipuo abua (2)ti e ba fe Yoruba te eta (3)da Hausa press (4)if u wan pidgin press (5)To know whether your school voted for or againstresumption, press 1;To know the date for Iyayi's burial ceremony, press 2;To know the date of the next NEC meeting, press 3;To start to receive free Newsletter on ASUU MEETINGS, press 4;To download ASUU callers' tune "ILE TI SUNMI", press 5;To participate in ASUU predict and win when ASUU strike would be called off press 6.To speak with ASUU Chairman or representative, please press 0, To go back to the main menu, press #.

9ja I dey hail ohhhhhhhh\=D/ cheesy :p

63 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sermwell(m): 8:51am On Nov 22, 2013
Please give us the name of ASUU's national PRO!

That person needs his/her head examined!

#team nononsense#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / Unilorin Admission 2010/2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.