Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? (7808 Views)

Arik London Flight Declares Emergency At Heathrow Airport / Arik To Suspend Abuja To London Flight Route As from 28th October 2011 / Lagos - London - Denver - London - Dubai - London - Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by femigirl(f): 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2008
Guys, what  do  you  think of the below article, will you fly  this  airline to  uk?

Arik Air begins Lagos-London flight November
Monday, July 14, 2008

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jul/14/511.html

At last, Nigeria's leading airline, Arik Air has finally got the United Kingdom Authorities' approval to commence direct commercial flights between Lagos and London Heathrow.

The Chairman of Arik Air, Sir Joseph Arumemi-Johnson who broke the news at the weekend during a general meeting with staff and management of the airline in Lagos said the company will ensure it makes the best use of the slots granted it.

He disclosed that direct flight services between both countries will commence in November this year.

In preparation for its first international flight to London, the airline will soon take delivery of three brand new Airbus A340-500 aircraft which will start arriving this October.

The first two of wide bodied aircraft are due in Nigeria in October while the third will come in December.

“We are already discussing the configuration of the aircraft with Airbus. We expect to have 30 first class, premium class and 230 economy seat configuration,” he said.

To cement the business relationship between Arik Air and the France-based aircraft manufacturer, Airbus, it is expected that the latest plane in its service, A380, will be coming to Nigeria on a demonstration flight especially for Arik Air when the A340-500 are being delivered.

An Airbus team which was made up of David Dufrenois, Vice President Sales, North and West Africa; and John Parkinson, Area Sales Director, Customer Affairs was at Arik Air on October 10, 2007, to do a presentation on the A350 XWB and A380 aircraft.

The presentation by the Airbus team dealt on the Airbus family, the capabilities and basic advantages of the aircraft over its competitors.

It would be recalled that discussions had been going on between Nigeria and the UK. government on the need to allow the Nigerian carriers that have been designated on the Lagos-London route, to fly into Heathrow instead of Gatwick or Stanstead Airports.

The airline had filed its papers for the lucrative route for several months running, but had been put on the waiting list by the United Kingdom, who tried to dissuade the airline from operating into Heathrow.

Arik Air however stuck to its guns as Heathrow remains the main gateway of the UK and a major international hub.
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2008
sure why not
anything but British Airwaste!!!!!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by lucabrasi(m): 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2008
i think we nigerians should support them and bin british airwaste grin
peronally i think as long as its cheap and offers better sevices than virgin nigeria,then they are backing a winner anytime
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by ow11(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2008
@lucabrasi

cheap? I don't think arik and cheap go together. For service, probably expect same as virgin.
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2008
@ siena
am, sure if arik air was draped in some national colours of a more backward country you will gleefully say ''yes''!!
Will the airline miss your patronage??
No!

I have suffered so much on foreign airlines. I think it will be easier for me to stomach our own shit than others. learn to show some patrotism!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by ty4real(m): 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2008
Every one is entitled to his or her choice now !
Lets me see their service package if it is okay with me,I go for it and its not about beein patriotic and been sentimental at the detriment of my safety! wink wink wink
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by ty4real(m): 10:29pm On Jul 20, 2008
Siena:

Thank you sir! cheesy

Cheers mate! wink wink
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by dnative(m): 11:19pm On Jul 20, 2008

Will I use Arik Air?

Possibly Yes.

If they are able to come out as a force to be reckoned with in terms of service delivery, safety, competitiveness. It's an open market and if an airline with a better service comes along, why not.

Ever wondered why Ethiopian Airlines has always been a force to be reckoned with in the aviation sector - despite the state of Ethiopia as a country?

Service delivery my friend  wink

Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 1:40am On Jul 21, 2008
@ siena
I doubt if u guys have ever flown arik in the first instance.
What exactly do u mean by choice and safety??
An airline that is operating with new planes is still considered unsafe!
in this age and clime?
please try and see something good about Nigeria
For my chosen airlines??
I have flown BA, Emirates,Virgin Atlantic and LUfthansa,
Im sure these airlines are top of the class 4 many people including u siena
Taking shit never was about their safety but more about their attitude
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by lucabrasi(m): 2:46am On Jul 21, 2008
ow11:

@lucabrasi

cheap? I don't think arik and cheap go together. For service, probably expect same as virgin.
i really hope you are wrong for their sake because there are enough stiff competitions
@topic
i dont think safety is an issue here because the british or any western world will not give them a single slot if they had not met the required safety standards,im flying emirates this year but if arik's services are on point and the price is same with virgin then ill opt for it definitely
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by EloSela(f): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2008
They will have to have flown internationally for at least 10 years crash free before I would even consider flying with them!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 8:55am On Jul 21, 2008
@ELOSELA
arik does not require your patronage. I dont understand why people come with incredible yardsticks. Because of Arik, the european giant aircraft manufacturer, Airbus, is sending its airbus A380, the largest commercial airplane for demonstration after delivering the 3 brand new A340 500 planes to arik.
Cameroon and Benin are still begging arik to be their flag carrier. In nigeria today they have more that 65 flight daily and still the planes are not enough to ferry passengers.
Arik remains a revolution and I pray for them. When your ''darling'' BA douses you with insecticide or orders your arrest and detention when u complain, when ur darling lufthansa takes you to abuja when its meant to take you to lagos without aplologies and compensation, snarl in your face and dare you to do your worst; because there is no good nigerian carrier, am sure u will grow above ur cynicism and recognise arik for its feat!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by EloSela(f): 3:20pm On Jul 21, 2008
igbogolo:

@ELOSELA
arik does not require your patronage. I don't understand why people come with incredible yardsticks. Because of Arik, the european giant aircraft manufacturer, Airbus, is sending its airbus A380, the largest commercial airplane for demonstration after delivering the 3 brand new A340 500 planes to arik.
Cameroon and Benin are still begging arik to be their flag carrier. In nigeria today they have more that 65 flight daily and still the planes are not enough to ferry passengers.
Arik remains a revolution and I pray for them. When your ''darling'' BA douses you with insecticide or orders your arrest and detention when u complain, when your darling lufthansa takes you to abuja when its meant to take you to lagos without aplologies and compensation, snarl in your face and dare you to do your worst; because there is no good nigerian carrier, am sure u will grow above your cynicism and recognise arik for its feat!

Calm down, it is not that serious!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by IncaGold(m): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2008
Nothing personal against arik airline, but i would rather fly with any tried and tested airline. No offence
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by proo212(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2008
I would definitely fly Arik Air even though I don't like the way the airline came about (Odili and Obj) rumours. Arumemi-Johnson is just a front.

I believe they will go places though and they will get my patronage. There is so much money to be made on that route reason why the 'slots' are not readily available.

Etihad or Emirates only started 5-6 years ago and everybody rates them. If Arik is managed well, why not? I understand some sentiments but I think we're on to a winner here.
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by landis(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2008
umm. this was formed with stolen money(greedy), the same greedy will ruin them.

You cant plant rice and expect to see banana.

Abacha Son had an airline that flew Lagos-New York. It was good then but where are they now?
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2008
landis
dont worry your pretty head about arik and greed. they will get along just fine. okay??
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by Gamine(f): 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2008
If its cheap enoff

WHY NOT!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ siena
Im not an arik rep! You still justify your position from moving from plane to pilot!
lol! You amuse me.
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by femigirl(f): 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2008
Arik  Air, if  you  need  me  to  test  your  business class in your  new Airbus I  am available  and ready, lol.in fact  any free ticket   available?
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by lucabrasi(m): 1:01am On Jul 22, 2008
femigirl:

Arik Air, if you need me to test your business class in your new Airbus I am available and ready, lol.in fact any free ticket available?
me too,but i will abuse any rude air hostess o
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:19am On Jul 22, 2008
@ Topic

Erm!! maybe.

My airline of choice still remains Air France. Screw British Airwaste, Virgin Atlantic & Nigeria, Delta Airlines, Alitalia (really sucked), North American Airlines sucks.
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by Gamine(f): 1:22am On Jul 22, 2008
erm, lol

Did they ask you for ur airline of choice?

ITK
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 7:20am On Jul 22, 2008
@
you probably never flown arik. so how do u know the pilots are bad?? eh??
Nigeria remanins the only country without a viable national carrier. plz forget virgin nigeria. You sit there and you tell me not to show some patrotism?? plzzz. The british airwaste and other foreign airlines that ''float your boat and unwring your boxers'', do u care to know how thay came about and how they managed to survive that long?? its the sense of patrotism from their countries that sustained them till date if u dont know

does it not matter to you that some 4 years ago there was virtually no new plane in nigerian skies. I live in nigeria and i fly a lot and each time i board a plane and midway in the journey i hear a noise or ''imagine one'', I will palpitate till i get to my destination.

Your rather bland refusal to try arik even when u have never experienced their service points to the fact that u are an undying critic of nigeria. you have refused to fly arik because in your mind its just 'another nigerian airline'' simple.

Proove me wrong!!!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by landis(m): 7:48am On Jul 22, 2008
The british airwaste and other foreign airlines that ''float your boat and unwring your boxers'', do u care to know how thay came about and how they managed to survive that long?? its the sense of patrotism from their countries that sustained them till date if u don't know

if patrotism is your concern, let them revive Nigeria Airways. And ensure right people get the job and follow world-class safety standard.

if they stole money(greedy, blood-money) to form ARIK, when profit start coming or when they start making loss, the same greed will ruin them.
It is that simple.

It is just a matter of fact; the bonding between them(ARIK owners) is not to PROVIDE EXCELLENT Service but where to invest their stolen money.

that said. Good Luck to whoever wants to fly them.
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2008
@ Landis
thanks. the last time i checked united bank for africa was the sole guarantor for the funds for the aircrafts. until its proven that its odili and obasanjo, lets spare the talk.

Am not an arik apologist. am just thrilled by the pace of the airline.
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by kadman(m): 9:26am On Jul 22, 2008
@ Igbogolo

You have told almost everybody in this thread that Arik doesn't need their patronage,so whose do they need ? Only yours ? You're not making any sense jo.
All the people who said they won't fly Arik are being reasonable,I would rather chop shit from other tested airlines,and land safely,
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 10:05am On Jul 22, 2008
@ kadman
so 'shit' u shall have from your tested airline.
the issue of safety here has been overflogged. why the para even with brand new planes and experienced pilots?
chanchangi with the most rusty planes have the best pilots. so for 11 years now, no major crash just few misses here and there.
there is no reason for someone who has never flown arik to grumble about safety. thats the typical nigerian mentality. i flew bellview 3 days after Lisa crash in 2005. it was a wonderful flight. people in my office thought i was crazy. before u sink your phalanges into that burger do u really check if its safe? before u gulp that beer do u think its safe? before u crack that egg what measure did u take to ensure its safe? yet people die more from diseases than from airplanes.

what am i saying? Lets give arik a chance. there is no need overflogging the safety issue. the airline is SAFE!!!!
so whats the other problem, nothing!!
so relax, get ur tickets and fly to heathrow in arik!

bon voyage
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 10:31am On Jul 22, 2008
@ siena

Besides I have flown foreign airlines even for local trips abroad. their services( including the planes) are not that better than the nigerian ones!!

You need to come down here and experience first hand flight here in nigeria. We are not that bad!!!!!!!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by landis(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2008
what am i saying? Lets give arik a chance. there is no need overflogging the safety issue. the airline is SAFE!!!!

thats what you say but from orginal you can forecast to some extent the future of things.

Besides I have flown foreign airlines even for local trips abroad. their services( including the planes) are not that better than the nigerian ones!!

you making big mistake like others: The world is made of system + processes.

It is not just buying BRAND new plane from stolen.

can you be sure the guy who suppose to check the planes doing his job?

can you be sure the Pilots are well mannered to follow the full procedure?

even all the air-accidents in NIGERIA, all they told us, it was some BLOOD SUCKING occult responsible.

its cancer, sooner or later it will get into ARIK.
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by igbogolo: 12:46pm On Jul 22, 2008
@ landis
Im sorry. i dont share your optimism.
is that not what they said when glo started operations. that its babangida and co?
today where is glo
it the largest african network!!!
glo is now in ghana and benin. in benin repulic just after 2 weeks it has 600,000 subscribers.
I really do not share your sentiments landis. sorry about that!
Re: Arik Air Begins Lagos-london Flight November, Will You Use The Service? by ty4real(m): 12:58pm On Jul 22, 2008
@Igbogolo!

Una still dey here on this issue! shocked shocked shocked
I think you got the whole point all upside,the fundamental point that I think is Choice and not first of all about safety.If i choose not to fly Arik,I dont think you should have a problem with that,and I think you shouldnt av any problem with the factors that influenced my choice now !Every has a right to excercise his choice.
But its like you really are an employee or agent of Arik!Ok I will fly Arik when next am coming to Nigeria in December hope I will have the ticket free grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Outage At Uyo Airport Forced Plane To Return Back To Abuja / Two Dead, One Injured In Ogun Road Crash / My Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch in Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.