Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening (14037 Views)

Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 / Mummy Cried: Nsukka Boy’s Presidential Scholarship Story From London University / Presidential Scholarship Scheme For Ist Class Nigerian Graduates For Phd Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by dridowu: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
A total of 623 candidates met the criteria for selection for the second edition of the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID), the Chairman of the scheme, Prof. Julius Okojie, said.

In a statement in Abuja on Friday, Okojie, who is the Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission, said the second edition of the scheme was for the 2014/2015 academic session.

Okojie, who is the Chairman, Implementation Committee of PRESSID, said that shortlisted candidates would sit for the screening examination on Dec. 10 at Chams Plc, Abuja.

The 446 candidates wrote the test for the first edition of PRESSID for the 2012/2013 academic session out of whom 100 were selected.

Okojie said that the scheme was part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and President Goodluck Jonathan’s Transformation Agenda.

”Federal Government of Nigeria has plans to develop a critical mass of professionals, who will serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement as well as sustainable economic development.

”But this can only be achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for postgraduate studies in the top 25 universities in the world.

”This is why the Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development,” he said.

Okojie said that the scheme was for graduates who obtained first class degrees from recognised and approved universities.

He said the graduates must be in the areas of sciences, medicine, basic medical sciences, engineering, economics, special aspects of biology, nuclear physics, quantitative genetics, medical biochemistry, aeronautical engineering, among others. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/presidential-scholarship-scheme-623-candidates-qualify-screening/

1 Like

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by electromag: 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ok. What's the next step? What is the way forward?
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Cubeet: 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
1st class is not beans.

4 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by davide470(m): 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
electromag: Ok. What's the next step? What is the way forward?
I see U!
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by iamswizz(m): 10:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
As usual... They will soon start begging the fg, to fulfil their promise..

Happy for them sha.

3 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by marshborn(m): 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
cool Yes o, I am one of the lucky few

1 Like

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by nkeboy(m): 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
Idontbeleiveit
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by GetGuide: 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
the best news so far

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by checkdate(m): 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
GOD IS STILL FAITHFUL !
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
It's a step in d right provided naija style is excluded
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by awodman: 11:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
One of my guy is among the 100 people who whr sucessful in the 1st Edition..Dude is in Imperial College right now doing his Masters...

Kudos to the selected participants...put in ur best effort in the exams and u will come out tops..I heard this time around the slot is more than 100

3 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by brosdoncome(m): 11:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
After sponsoring them, they will now ditch our passport for foreign ones like way Karen Igho did after Nigerians voted for her to win BBA sad

2 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Leadn(m): 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
Kudos to them...

In other news...

Meet Lomax! the "One punch = death" teenager
http://xtremegists.com/lomax-the-teenager-who-kills-with-a-single-punch/
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
NEXT NEWS!!!
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by stshakes(m): 11:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
I Know someone in this new batch. He finished from PTI warri... Funny enough he was also a rapper in school and socials Director. How the dude managed to combine it I don't know. He leaves for France in a few weeks

2 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by 9jahubcom(m): 11:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
waooo
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Ndumyke(m): 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
Is my name there?
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nice1 cuz I was beginning to think the president only celebrate the entertainment industry with all its immoralities!
Congrats to the successful candidates!keep the flag flying.

2 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by ikenna58(m): 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
privileged to be among those selected

5 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
Nice initiative....i hope wen they obtain d knowledge frm abroad they will come bck home 2 develop our mother's land cos i knw dat wen d white men knw u ar good..they wnt allow u 2 go bck 2 wher u ar frm...they will use ur intelligence 4 their own benefit...
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by electromag: 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
davide470:
I see U!
Lolz... i see u too..!
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by JesusG: 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
stshakes: I Know someone in this new batch. He finished from PTI warri... Funny enough he was also a rapper in school and socials Director. How the dude managed to combine it I don't know. He leaves for France in a few weeks

I thought 'this new batch' is yet to attend the screening, so how come your guy leaves for 'France in a few weeks'

1 Like

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Edimpaul(m): 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
Freshhhh airrrrr...I see u Johnny

2 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2013
A step in the right direction. Thanks to the FG; I believe in some years to come the country wud be grateful this scheme was created.

Now youths wud be motivated to study and get rewarded by the FG, instead of 'troublemakers' being granted amnesty and scholarships outside the country.

1 Like

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by MEILYN(m): 11:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hmmmmmmm. Naija smh
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by electromag: 12:06am On Nov 23, 2013
From the info i heard abt last yr batch; the aptitude test was abt current affairs, road signs/symbols, basic arithmetic/quantitative and verbal reasoning. Can we rely on this fact and hope they will come in the same vein or they might rather step up the complexities of the test considering a higher number of candidates shortlisted dis yr as compard to the last?
Please let's use this medium to drop as many info as posibl dat can be of help.
Let's win together..!

2 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by zeanslim(m): 12:11am On Nov 23, 2013
i dont belive it..!
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Ustec: 12:35am On Nov 23, 2013
Wetin u wan ask a 1st class graduate in engineering from any FG university in 9ja aside 4rm all dos common sense aptitde test...u can only doubt d 1st class graduants 4rm privates university...to graduate with a 1st class in engineering is out of dis world...if u knw what I mean...#teamnuesa(NAMES)unilorite#

3 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by optimusprime2(m): 1:42am On Nov 23, 2013
Mtcheeeeewwww... But ASUU is still on Strike.
Nigeria has issues.
Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Penboy: 3:07am On Nov 23, 2013
A round of applause for them. Our turn is still coming.

4 Likes

Re: 623 Candidates Qualify For Presidential scholarship Scheme Screening by Motolank: 4:23am On Nov 23, 2013
I just dey waka pass 1st page.. I no read the story o!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is Jamb Office Located In Ph? / FG Spends N12bn On School Feeding Monthly — Dr Umar Bindir / IMSU Bans Pouring Of Water On Graduates (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.