Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana (18879 Views)

Festus Iyayi Wasn't Murdered - Medical Autopsy Reveals / ASUU Postpones Meeting Over Iyayi's Death / Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by greatgod2012(f): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), yesterday, vowed to pursue the circumstances surrounding the death of the President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, Professor Festus Iyayi in court.
He disclosed this while addressing journalists over Iyayi's death. Iyayi died in a road accident on Okene -Lokoja Road when the convoy of Kogi State Governor, Idris Wada rammed into his car.
He was on his way to Kano for a National Executive Council meeting of ASUU when the accident occurred.
Falana, who noted that the death of the late don is a "personal loss," said the leadership of ASUU and the family of the deceased have given him the mandated to pursue the matter in court.
According to him, the case will serve as a deterrent to other road users who are in the habit of harassing other road users through reckless driving and use of sirens.
He also stated that other political office holders should take a cue from Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Faashola who moves about without a siren despite his busy schedules and the chaotic situation of traffic in the city of Lagos.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/falana-vows-pursue-iyayis-death-court/

7 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Mynd44: 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ghen ghen. Here we go

2 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by tobyharwe(m): 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
if you are feeling this strike spiritually, let me hear you say Next Year.

28 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by greatgod2012(f): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
Mynd_44: Ghen ghen. Here we go

it is real ghen ghen!
This ASUU issue is just taking new shape and style each day. At this juncture, it's only God that can intervene.
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by U235weapongrade: 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2013

Sori 4 booking space GreatGod..
I too sure say e go make FP...

Ur network 4 NILERAALAND too active.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by donphilopus: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
The source of this info is somehow
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by chiefinalowo: 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
Falana gbo ti e!

3 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by greatgod2012(f): 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
chiefinalowo: Falana gbo ti e!

t'ara eni laagbo.

But sometimes you need to fight for some others, especially the helpless ones.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Olugbenger(m): 7:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
my plot of land.

1 Like

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by greatgod2012(f): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Olugbenger: my plot of land.

where is your plot of land

1 Like

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by VICTORCIZA(m): 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
Seriousely Mr falana need to get a life

5 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by gramci: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
VICTORCIZA: Seriousely Mr falana need to get a life

he de fight boredom
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Samgreguc(m): 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Autopsy shows it was a bullet poisoning that killed him, so, the court case by Falana wouldn't be bad.
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by greatgod2012(f): 6:37am On Nov 23, 2013
Samgreguc: Autopsy shows it was a bullet poisoning that killed him, so, the court case by Falana wouldn't be bad.

This is another dimension, he want to go to court in order to stop the reckless drivers, especially politicians' convoys who do not have respect for other road users when they are on the road, and i'm fully in support. You need to see how these convoys scare people away from the road whenever they're on the road. Sanity need to be restored on our road, in order to stop all this wasting of innocent lives on the road.

18 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by greatgod2012(f): 10:03am On Nov 23, 2013
VICTORCIZA: Seriousely Mr falana need to get a life

4 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Ngwakwe: 10:15am On Nov 23, 2013
Falana should as a matter of public concern also look into the circumstances surrounding the fatal accident that left Patience Jonathan's mother dead.

Was it a sabotage or politically stage-managed accident?

The public needs your help.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Olugbenger(m): 11:24am On Nov 23, 2013
greatgod2012:

where is your plot of land
This is another.

1 Like

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Garrithe1st: 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ngwakwe: Falana should as a matter of public concern also look into the circumstances surrounding the fatal accident that left Patience Jonathan's mother dead.

Was it a sabotage or politically stage-managed accident?

The public needs your help.

^^

Senseless....

10 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by omenka(m): 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2013
greatgod2012:

This is another dimension, he want to go to court in order to stop the reckless drivers, especially politicians' convoys who do not have respect for other road users when they are on the road, and i'm fully in support. You need to see how these convoys scare people away from the road whenever they're on the road. Sanity need to be restored on our road, in order to stop all this wasting of innocent lives on the road.

The most anoying is when I see them with their hands hanging out the windows holding horsewhips!! Utter barbarism! Are people animals??
Yestday one even pointed a gun at me for trying to get into the road when a convoy of four cars was passing by. Very disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Jelo4kul(m): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
Can dis make Festus Iyayi to end ASUU strike? I Laf cus i smell next year
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
i no fit shout
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Afolabs101: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
The one that annoys me is when they won't allow other road users to pass their convoy.

I was driving on 3rd mainland one Saturday morning, road was free but a convoy of about six cars or so were on the bridge. You should have seen how the last pick up in the convoy was swerving from one side of the expressway to the other to stop cars from overtaking them. This is a 4 lane highway!!!

1 Like

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by rill: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
Dis shii don turn Season film....
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by hrykanu231(m): 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
Pls go to court, can we also go back to classes while u do that? Please Mr. Advocate help me plead with ASUU to call off the strike

5 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Mubby4luv(m): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2013
Lord ve mercy
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Peetar3117(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
y dis guy dey take panadol for anoda person headache
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by IYANGBALI: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
greatgod2012:

it is real ghen ghen!
This ASUU issue is just taking new shape and style each day. At this juncture, it's only God that can intervene.
I tolded you guys before that no school until february nex year,una never see anything

1 Like

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by rattlesnake(m): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
may court wake him up
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
As if na their Papa get the road. angry. BLOODY I.D.IOT.sangry

1 Like

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by IYANGBALI: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
Peetar3117: y dis guy dey take panadol for anoda person headache
did you read the story at all?I don't think so
Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2013
tobyharwe: if you are feeling this strike spiritually, let me hear you say Next Year.
neeeeeext yeeeear

2 Likes

Re: We Are Going To Court For Iyayi -Falana by lilkech(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2013
This calls for the reintroduction of OPUTA FALANA panel

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2012/2013 WAEC RESULT Statistics(mass Failure) / Lagos Reopens Chrisland School As Probe Of Dubai Sex Scandal Continues / 2-Year-Old Baby Dies After Falling From A School Building In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.