Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals (9936 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Cohabitation: A Recipe For Successful Marriage - Live Debate - Group B / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 28, 2013
Pls Ileo and TV, you people should relax and clear your heads. This is getting too personal. It's just a debate and I can bet my 2 naira, that very few people read all these long stories tongue except for the participants and the judges.

Pls, lets focus on the subject. Btw the thread is supposed to be closed now sef.
RR, Tgirl, pls lets move on to the finals and possibly consider the hooded and hoodless yekini by Jenny and coogar.

Thanh you very much! smiley
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Tgirl4real(f): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

Excellent question. And I would really like to know why Tgirl is NOT addressing this issue.

Wow! I am just seeing what this has disintegrated to. shocked
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Tgirl4real(f): 9:56am On Nov 28, 2013
TV01:

I knew exactly what ideological bias and personal difference I would face in the judging if I entered the debate. With the ideological gulf and personal differences do you really believe I would willingly subject myself to having my input judged by this panel, let alone expect to win?

No, I knew it was important to make sure that you and your cohorts weren't allowed to stage a false dialectic and propagate those untruths you so love. I have what achieved what I came for. Those who will hear will hear.

TV

Sir,

I wasn't expecting this from you. Are you saying you were forced into participating in this debate?

I am really surprised at your comment. This shouldn't be coming from you and if at all you have such grievances, you should have voiced it privately.

When you asked if you could comment on the judges scores, I didn't know you were gonna take it personally.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Tgirl4real(f): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2013
TV01:

Obinoscopy, in terms of the debate your comments are actually spot on. But it's more about some elements of the wider dynamic on the Family section, which you need'nt concern your self with.

Once again, all the best for the finals.

TV

This wider dynamic should have gone on at a different time and on a different thread long after the debate must have been concluded.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 28, 2013
Lmao @ by Jenny and Coogar. To be honest though, I would like to know what people think about it. It should be a topic @tgirl.

@chilli

When a hoodless yekini is hammering a woman from behind whilst she is resting her weight on the dinning table, the thrusts push her forward and backward and as that happens, she is able to wipe clean the table with an antiseptic wipe. grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Tgirl4real(f): 10:10am On Nov 28, 2013
jennykadry: Lmao @ by Jenny and Coogar. To be honest though, I would like to know what people think about it. It should be a topic @tgirl.

@chilli

When a hoodless yekini is hammering a woman from behind whilst she is resting her weight on the dinning table, the thrusts push her forward and backward and as that happens, she is able to wipe clean the table with an antiseptic wipe. grin

You are totally corrupt. lipsrsealed
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by debosky(m): 10:14am On Nov 28, 2013
JK cheesy cheesy cheesy

I see you practice this method of cleaning your table regularly. grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 28, 2013
I know a few men here with hoodless yekini ,and in no particular order they are

Debosky

Sagamite

Coogar

R231

Agaba123

Dayokanu

Bellong

OAM4JENNY

Royalroy

Baba oyo

Hoody men

Biolabee aka pickabeau

Tgirl, why don't you start the following topic....."WHICH IS MORE FUN AND LESS
STRESSFUL: SINGING WITH A HOODY MICROPHONE OR HOODLESS MICROPHONE. grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 28, 2013
jennykadry: Lmao @ by Jenny and Coogar. To be honest though, I would like to know what people think about it. It should be a topic @tgirl.

@chilli

*dead on arrival*

For me I rather carry my two hands up, screaming when The Lord my god will arrive and rescue me. grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 28, 2013
debosky: JK cheesy cheesy cheesy

I see you practice this method of cleaning your table regularly. grin

Tgirl4real:

You are totally corrupt. lipsrsealed

Sir and Ma, I live to serve grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by debosky(m): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2013
I'm not sure I am aware of the genesis of this beef, or whether I really want to know. My concern is when the integrity of the process appears to be questioned. If that is indeed your view, you should be able to come out and say so clearly.

I don't agree grievances should be voiced privately - the debates and scores have all been openly disclosed, as were the identities of the judges. If there is indeed an accusation or belief that there is indeed bias and an agenda, it should be spelled out. All the stakeholders - debaters, readers and judges alike - deserve that openness.

Edited to remove reference to editing posts smiley
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by bellong: 10:22am On Nov 28, 2013
Chilli and Jenny, the resident priest of this thread needs you for holy water sprinkling..... grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 28, 2013
@ edited posts, Tgirl did all the editing.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 28, 2013

@chilli

Jesus take the wheel!!

*joins Bellong on sanctimonious walk towards the altar*
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2013
Chillisauce:
*dead on arrival*

For me I rather carry my two hands up, screaming when The Lord my god will arrive and rescue me. grin

Rescue ke? Remember I was cleaning the house before everything started, so why should I ask for a rescue team when I haven't finished cleaning the dinning table, heck chili sauce how can they come in when the house hasn't been cleaned yet grin

bellong: Chilli and Jenny, the resident priest of this thread needs you for holy water sprinkling..... grin grin grin

Let me finish cleaning my dinning table, I will be there grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo:

Jesus take the wheel!!

*joins Bellong on sanctimonious walk towards the altar*

Ile, go and sanctimoniously find coogar, we need all the hoodless men here for a debate grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2013
jennykadry:

Ile, go and sanctimoniously find coogar, we need all the hoodless men here for a debate grin

When is this debate taking place abeg. It must not be missed. Don't worry, I will use my witchdoctoring skills to make sure Coogar appears on time.

As for that list up there. Rotfl! May the Good Lord forgive you, Amen.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by coogar: 10:40am On Nov 28, 2013
jennykadry:

hooded is the new way.
science has proved hooded men enjoy sex better than hoodless men. loads of men in the UK are restoring as we speak - what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

if women want to criminalise theirs - men should criminalise their own too. sagamite(your fakafuku hubby) has signed up for his restoration so brace yourself, jenny!!!
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by ifyalways(f): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2013
is it possible to get the hood back after its removal? How,where would they get the flesh?

Thread reeks of sin. Triple sins and heavenly feelings.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by coogar: 11:00am On Nov 28, 2013
ifyalways: is it possible to get the hood back after its removal? How,where would they get the flesh?

Thread reeks of sin. Triple sins and heavenly feelings.

if women could be changed to men & vice versa, getting the hood back is the easiest of task.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 28, 2013
*peeping.......sprinkles holy water b4 stepn in*

Obara Jesus!
*prayer point; (kneels down)..........
Father forgive them for they know not what they do*
Sighs deeply. Father Mbaka calls them evil generation.

I thought this was a very harmless debate?
Mr TV, kilonshele?
O gini naw?
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2013
Seems the holy water keeps attracting many hooded and hoodless experienced personnel grin.

We need strong points coming from those that have tasted the hooded and hoodless for testimonies grin.

As for the list there, how did you come about those lists? Peaukabeau can you pls confirm what Jenny just said lipsrsealed grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Tgirl4real(f): 12:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
ileobatojo: @ edited posts, Tgirl did all the editing.

lol

Did u have to emphasis that? undecided

Let the matter down abeg.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tgirl4real:

lol

Did u have to emphasis that? undecided

Let the matter down abeg.

Yes ma. I did. Someone asked a question and I provided the relevant answer. If people are believing that I edited my posts when I didn't, I would want it known. I see no reason why that should be a secret.

I was already moving on till you quoted me.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by pickabeau1: 1:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sorry i just stumbled here..... this thread is rated XX RR MA

coogar,, apologies

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by pickabeau1: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
excellent debate by obino and tv

It did not get bloody +1

A lot of bible sha cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by TV01(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tgirl,

Before I respond, I need to understand why you edited my earlier post? That is a violation. I appreciate the task of moderator can be an onerous one, but that is very unethical, and dangerous practice.

If you edit a post substantively, it's loses essence and meaning and fails to convey what was intended. It essentially ceases to be my post.

If you had asked I retract or personally edit, I would have done so no matter how I felt about it. Even with honourable intentions, it's the wrong thing to do, as it begs all kind of questions.

Ironically, it's like the point in question. If you vary marriage in any substantive way whereby it's essence is changed and it loses it's purpose and utility to society, it cease to be marriage in anything but name only.

I defined it as I did and asked for an alternative which kept it's essence and purpose intact. If there is one provide it. Sordid references to female g3nitalia is just oily fish.

If marriage is varied - say to mean two men - it loses its essence of procreativity. No procreative act, no procreative intent, no procreative outcome. Ergo, no wider societal benefit, no need for it to be institutionaly enshrined. No principle, so do as you please in practice.

If that is the case, why should it be for a lifetime? And who would - indeed, what point would there be in - pursuing such an argument?

That's why any debate about "Marriage as a life-long commitment" without acknowledging this is a false dialectic and can only be argued if you advance an untruthful definition and strip out the essence of marriage.

I've made my point. As ever, anyone who believes they have a deeper truth (in a manner of speaking, as truth is simply truth) ), and is sure of their position is invited to present it. No oily fish or references to female pudenda. Although I can see the connection in some cases .

Saved by the mod huh? You can run but you can't hide. Truth is light.

Tgirl4real:
Sir,

I wasn't expecting this from you. Are you saying you were forced into participating in this debate?

No, I am not saying that at all. I have clearly stated that I purposefully participated in this debate.

Tgirl4real:
I am really surprised at your comment. This shouldn't be coming from you and if at all you have such grievances, you should have voiced it privately.

I don't have any grievances and if I did, I would voice them for all to hear, to judge and for posterity. I have just asked questions. I have also ensured our dialogue on the section is joined up by referencing previous discussions.

Tgirl4real:
When you asked if you could comment on the judges scores, I didn't know you were gonna take it personally.

I mentioned that way earlier and decided not too, so as to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. That had nothing to do with this.

Thanks
TV
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by pickabeau1: 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
On this matter.. I will give a robust response in due time

jennykadry: I know a few men here with hoodless yekini ,and in no particular order they are

xxxx
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by bellong: 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
pickabeau1: On this matter.. I will give a robust response in due time

Oh no... I don't like robust response, it takes forever to be ready.... grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
I would like anyone that knows to tell us how stating that a definition of marriage is inadequate equates to varying marriage. I'm just finding such leaps of logic mind boggling.

No, actually you were saved by the mod. My post debunking every irrelevant point you have made was edited by the mod.
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by EfemenaXY: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2013

@chilli

Jenny shocked shocked

You are so so so bad! grin grin
Re: Is Marriage a Life time Commitment? Live Debate - Semi Finals by EfemenaXY: 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
pickabeau1: On this matter.. I will give a robust response in due time

In due time ke?

Now's as good as any time jare.

Unsheathe thy sword grin grin and defendest thou!

**Disclaimer: I speak in plain simple English o!

I don't want none of you guys misinterpreting moi! **

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Just Don't Understand My Marriage Anymore... Please Help.. / How To Mend A Marriage After An Affair. / A Family Budget That Works - updated with spread sheet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.