Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,789 members, 7,806,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153643 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by jaz(m): 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
from your experience, which gives more reliability issues, LR4 or RRS?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 7:57pm On Mar 14, 2016
jaz:
from your experience, which gives more reliability issues, LR4 or RRS?

Both are very reliable!
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2016

Free Scan and Auto Advice for LandRover / Range Rover owners in Jos, Minna and Bauchi......
Please call 08099725628 or 08052891092 if interested. Over and Beyond....

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2016

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
Land Rover and Range Rover suspension systems are among the most troublesome in the market. The basic design is an air pump that fills rubber boots which replace the springs found in most other vehicles. The idea is you ride on a cushion of air that will absorb all of the bumps on or off the road. The reality is you have a very complex system of valves,pumps,hoses and airbags. All of these fail in one way or another usually sooner rather then later. Lets talk about the causes of the failures of the Land Rover suspension and Ranger Rover suspension, and what we can do to lower the repair bills when they fail. The key is to repair the small problem before it escalates.

One scenario is you wake up , go out to your Range Rover and its sitting all the way down on its wheels. The suspension has collapsed and the truck will not stand up. In this case the pump has most likely failed. The clue is that the entire vehicle is sitting low not just one corner. The pumps usually fail from being over worked, just got burned out. This will happen when you have one or more of the air shocks that are leaking causing the pump to run continuously . For this reason it is important to address the issue if your EAS (electronic air suspension) light stays on once the truck is started or comes on while driving.

Scenario two is you are driving and you notice the truck just can’t seem to stay level. You are stopped at a light and notice the front end going up and down an inch or two every few seconds . In this case you most likely have a leaky air shock or hole in an air line coming from the air pump. More evidence of a leaky shock would be the Land Rover sitting low on one corner only. Replacing just the airbag on one corner is not that expensive (about 80k) on a 2002-2005 Range Rover . On a 2005-2010 Range Rover you could be looking at closer to 70k for one as it is the complete strut assembly that we need to change. Some good news for Land Rover Discovery and LR2 owners is that the air shocks are in the rear only, the fronts use conventional springs.

OK now we know that your Land Rover has a suspension problem, what do we do next? Well there is some good news. First we always inspect the suspension components during every oil service. This way we can spot a small leak before it causes any expensive damage. You can also keep an eye on your Rover and come to the shop as soon as you notice it having trouble “getting up” in the morning. . We are the Land Rover professionals for Nigeria and will be happy to check out your suspension anytime. Air Suspension stress free month so that the journey on Easter will be blissful.

I invite your comments or questions,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
sooperrescue:

What can I say? Thanks and I appreciate you.

A Range Rover Sport Supercharged is not in the same category with an HSE. Even though they look alike, they are not in the same category. The power in the Supercharged cannot be compared with an HSE, that is the difference.

Sooperescue, whats the difference between the two?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2016
The supercharged is A 4,2 litre engine with over 400 horse power while the hse is a 4,4 litre engine with 320- 340 horsepower. The supercharged is equipped with dynamic response which gives the range greater stability control, The hse is not so equipped, the supercharged power is what you term, powerful in comparison with the hse which is also powerful in its own right
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2016
The tyre fitted on the Ocholi's jeep was substandard. The frsc report was just to deceive us. They refuse to give the speed index rating of the tyre. Everyone should be wary of the tyre on their range . If your speed rating index is s,t,h, remove it and get the one with v,w,y zr.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Olami38: 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hello, My Land Rover 3 suspension systems is faulty and I think the air pump that fills rubber boots that has the problem, Please I need a good mechanic to check it for me. And I need to know the amount I will get the new air pump also. Please reply me #ASAP
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
Where is the lr3?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Olami38: 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
Ikeja, Lagos. Please how much is the balloon air pump also?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2016
We are in Ikeja too. Call 08098534267
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by vinideangelo(m): 4:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
Please,I need a Range Rover supercharged on a 2.5M budget.Kindly send pictures of the ride to chiedozieezeora@gmail.com or whatsapp me on 08062136181.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
I can get for you for 3m. The guy is asking for3.5m . Buckingham blue
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by lacicrips(m): 8:15am On Mar 27, 2016
Pheeew! 12th page at last. Now I feel very confident in getting a range rover. Too many misconceptions about autos in general in Nigeria.

Thanks for this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by vinideangelo(m): 8:42am On Mar 27, 2016
sooperrescue:
I can get for you for 3m. The guy is asking for3.5m . Buckingham blue

Kindly send me pictures on whatsapp (08062136181)thanks and happy Easter.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
I have sent it. Only issue is the abs sensors and the brake discs
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by vinideangelo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
How much will it cost me to maintain Vogue/LR in a year under your warranty?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
What year is the Vogue? Before 2010, it is N500,000 only, covering all the issues your comprehensive insurance cover will not pay for, your air suspension, transmission, engine repairs, bushings and oil change, transmission oil change, free emergency rescue and recovery, From 2010 to 2016, N1m per annum because the engine requires better lubricants, 5w20, not just the ordinary roadside 5w 20, but the oil that exceeds and withstands high temperature. It is for this reason why that model is having overheating issues and even the older models too. The oils is an essential factor that determines the longevity and utmost performance of the engine. The parts for the new models are very expensive and hard to find and a 5.0 engine needs special care. We are also introducing a carbon elimination service for our warranty clients that cleans the plugs, nozzles, valves, cylinders, catalytic converters and Diesel particles filters for Diesel powered engines. This service is free for all those under warranty but it cost N20,000 for everyone that want to put their Range Rovers in top shape. From May this year, the service will begin in Lagos.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:10pm On May 20, 2016
Attention to everyone, beware of the engine oil that you use in your range rover. The oil temperature failures leading to oil coolant mixing with water is as a result of the oil not being able to withstand the high elevated temperature level of the engine. I am sorry to say that none of our locally produced engine oils is suitable for range rovers. None. We will advise that the manufacturer specified engine oil should be applied and check your tyres and if the temperature is B, change immediately to temperature A tyres

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Can you beat this?

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:26am On Jun 01, 2016
Range rover vineyard, Taking your car above and beyond

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ASL33: 8:57am On Jun 17, 2016
sooperrescue:
Range rover vineyard, Taking your car above and beyond
Oga pls I have a Freelander UK converted that always give me issues of gear failure. Pls do you run checks on such? I need it help in case you don't but know where I can do it. Thanks.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:30am On Jun 17, 2016
Freelander converted, what is the matter? Is it always missing gear oil and water?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 6:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
sooperrescue:
Freelander converted, what is the matter? Is it always missing gear oil and water?

grin grin
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
Mr. B, I know that sign. Come over
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Yeecar(m): 10:01am On Jun 30, 2016
sooperrescue:
Mr. B, I know that sign. Come over

Hello bro, nice job you are doing here. Please i just got a nigerian used 1999/2000 range rover 4.0 SE, what are the maitenance steps to take its my first SUV. What type of Engine oil should i use and whats the price, some one suggested i use Total. is it advisable to change the transmission oil too? i noticed it displays '' gear box over heat '' on the dash board.
do you have an idea how much- t-h-e car stereo is and where can i purchase it? Do you have anyone for sale?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:24am On Jun 30, 2016
Congrats and welcome to the club. I will suggest that you stop driving the car before you destroy the gearbox. There is no oil in the gear and the fibers will get burnt if you still drive the car. Fix the gear first before we talk about the other issues
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
sooperrescue:

What can I say? Thanks and I appreciate you.

A Range Rover Sport Supercharged is not in the same category with an HSE. Even though they look alike, they are not in the same category. The power in the Supercharged cannot be compared with an HSE, that is the difference.
What would you say about the Autobiography sport?I have not heard anyone say something about it and also how about Diesel Engines?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
Diesel Range rovers are becoming a reality in a country where the diesel is not bluetec or clean diesels, where all the new mack trucks are disappearing from our roads because of the poor quality and adulterated diesels. Unless there is diesel exhaust fluid commonly sold in the country, owning a diesel range is desirable. I have seen the autobiography sports a lot, the little luxuries in the interior makes one confused. Who is it intended for? The driver or the man sitting at the rear? I hardly see anyone with a range sport sitting at the rear while being driven by a driver, maybe 2 owners of autobiographies but no one wants to give his range sports to his driver, he takes charge of the thrills himself and so the autobiography in a sport does not match the autobiigraphy in a range rover vogue and i believe that is why no one is talking about it.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 05, 2016
GOD ENABLE ME TO JOIN THEM THIS YEAR AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
Anxiously waiting for the prayer to be answered. Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.