Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,822 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153551 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 10:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
dumo1:

Oga why are Range Rover parts sp expensive like this naw?
No 2much fakes yet
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2018
sooperrescue:

gearbox na 1m if you see am buy
to fit that gear box sef nah another matter, I dnt know if u noticed, to remove these Engine with the new ones you remove or lift the full frame of the car.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:50am On Jun 16, 2018
dumo1:

It is because it is a premium brand. I believe it is because of guys like me and Lejeun3 and some other gurus that made Coscharis to remove their 1m registration tag before they touch your car. It is almost a par technology and luxury wide with the rolls royce. It is because we wanted to make it an all comers affair but our new members, some of them still use the eye of Prado take dey look the brand. And they use all manner of oils and spark plugs. And in the end, new engine that is not available. I once towed a benz c300, years back to A mercedes dealership and two days later, they called us to come back and take the car back to the owner. On getting to the owner's house, he refused my truck to offload his car that we must find him a workshop because the Benz Dealer asked for 750k registration before they can fix the car. I took over the job and he paid handsomely. Honda place used to tell owners of US specs of honda that they dont have the software for their type of cars, so they turn them away. Now you see them fixing Acura without hesitation because other gurus took over from them. We will get there. I heard of a company bringing in expatriates to produce 5w30, 5w20 and 0w20 and I am very excited that at long last, cars will serve their purpose here in the country as means of mobility and not drillers in our not so deep pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 2:50am On Jun 16, 2018
dumo1:

2 Reasons:

- low failure rate
- fewer fake parts

I always tell my clients, there is always a cheaper part. Its performance in the long run matters.

If I Bill you 10K for a part, you can surely get it for 5K but be rest assured you will change the 5K part 2-3x before the 10K part.

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 2:51am On Jun 16, 2018
sooperrescue:

It is because it is a premium brand. I believe it is because of guys like me and Lejeun3 and some other gurus that made Coscharis to remove their 1m registration tag before they touch your car. It is almost a par technology and luxury wide with the rolls royce. It is because we wanted to make it an all comers affair but our new members, some of them still use the eye of Prado take dey look the brand. And they use all manner of oils and spark plugs. And in the end, new engine that is not available. I once towed a benz c300, years back to A mercedes dealership and two days later, they called us to come back and take the car back to the owner. On getting to the owner's house, he refused my truck to offload his car that we must find him a workshop because the Benz Dealer asked for 750k registration before they can fix the car. I took over the job and he paid handsomely. Honda place used to tell owners of US specs of honda that they dont have the software for their type of cars, so they turn them away. Now you see them fixing Acura without hesitation because other gurus took over from them. We will get there. I heard of a company bringing in expatriates to produce 5w30, 5w20 and 0w20 and I am very excited that at long last, cars will serve their purpose here in the country as means of mobility and not drillers in our not so deep pockets.

N300 Generator spark plugs...

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 2:52am On Jun 16, 2018
erico2k2:

No 2much fakes yet

Plenty fakes for Range Rover Sport 2005 - 2010

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 16, 2018
sooperrescue:

Very well said sir. Thanks for the summary. Grateful I am as always.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 9:13am On Jun 16, 2018
LeJeun3:

ahaha Ok, well how do you differentiate the fakes then price?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2018
sooperrescue:

This very true, I bought a brake Pad for the Mrs car, I fitted it myself in 2014,pads still rocking as we speak, I will buy new pair and if the ones on it are still full of food, I'm leaving it for another year. I got the calliper to measure. Buying Genuine part does pay at the long run. My dads' RX300 use to have water leaks here and there, since I bought Genuine Hose for all pipes, water leaks was history, three years now no kpem.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by wickyyolo: 10:33am On Jun 17, 2018
sooperrescue:
That is the misconception about the suspension issues. Yes it is there but it can be fixed with little effort and little money. Mine have been on the road for 5 years now and I have only changed one air suspension for just N60,000. But I have changed the lower and upper arms on many occasions because I travel on many occasions with the Jeep. On many occasions, I spend N12000 for fuel from Lagos to Abuja and when you are on a long journey, to stop and refresh yourself is very difficult. I just dont want to end the thrill, wanting it to continue. We, my outfit, now fix suspensions on Range Rovers without stress. Most of the time, the jeep needs calibration of the suspensions and that is all that needs to be done but many people just assume that it is the air suspension that is faulty whereas the Jeep suspension height is inaccurate. There is nothing to fear about the suspension or about the repairs, the technology is affordable and it is everywhere. We tend to believe that it is only Coscharis that can fix the Jeep meanwhile the same Coscharis is finding it difficult to fix the problems on the Jeep. They dont repair anything but they change the parts only. There was an Auto Dealer in Lekki that changed the brake pads of someone's Sport for N120,000 whereas the same pads front and back with sensors is not more than N30,000. They changed the A/C system for N400,000 and the A/c lasted for two weeks. It took them 3 months to fix the A/c whereas a simple change of a used compressor for N30,000 will put the A/c in a new cooling condition. Height sensors never go bad inspite of the fragile state of the sensors. There is a Britparts dealer in Lagos that sells the original parts for a fraction of what Coscharis will sell the parts to you. The only problem with the Jeep is when the warning sign of engine performance reduced comes up, it means our regular unleaded fuel is taking a toll on the engine. But there are also solutions too until Dangote's refinery comes on board. Use Octane Boosters. If you have a supercharged, use octane booster at all times or you will be spending money left and right to solve an easy problem. We just fixed the active rolling pump on a supercharged in Abuja. It is the dynamic response of the Jeep and it cost a lot of money. The used engine of a supercharged cost N1.3m if you can get a good one but the engine is built to last. Following the routine maintenance matters a lot. For example, the oil requirement is 5W30 and people use Mobil 1 which is 0W40 and they still find sludge in their engines. Why? Because the oil requirement is not Mobil 1 when it is in Nigeria but Total Q9000, AP Syn and Oando Syn. They are all 5W40 and they are very good. Coscharis once complained to me during an interactive session that they use Mobil 1 on their BMWs because there is no Castrol oil here in Nigeria and they still find sludge in the 3 and 5 series. That was in 2005 and presently we dont know the current situation. The transmission fluid is portrayed as a lifetime fluid but I disagree when it comes to Nigeria. I have been changing the transmission fluid in my Sport for the past 3 years at every 15,000miles and the gear is still much in pristine form. Go get yours and enjoy the benefits the Jeep offers. Many owners dont use coolant or they use coolans not suitable for their Jeep and then the overheating comes to play. Welcome to the Club

Very helpful. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
@ sooperrescue
IS there anywhere people wrap thier Cars in Lagos?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 11:10pm On Jun 17, 2018
erico2k2:
@ sooperrescue

Wrap as in??

Body wraps??

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2018
erico2k2:
@ sooperrescue
Check out @Khaz customs on Instagram.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:35am On Jun 18, 2018
LeJeun3:

Wrap as in??

Body wraps??

yep body wrap
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:36am On Jun 18, 2018
dumo1:

Check out @Khaz customs on Instagram.
cheers bro, but I aint on insta.have they got faccebook page or website or wassap?

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
erico2k2:

cheers bro, but I aint on insta.have they got faccebook page or website or wassap?
You can also check out @arewacustomzautos and sorry the other link you requested for was @khaz_customs on Instagram. Cheers. cheesy
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
dumo1:

You can also check out @arewacustomzautos and sorry the other link you requested for was @khaz_customs on Instagram. Cheers. cheesy
thanks man, but I don't have instagram, I guess Im 2 slow to catch up ahah wassap sef and fb nah struggle grin grin
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
erico2k2:

thanks man, but I don't have instagram, I guess Im 2 slow to catch up ahah wassap sef and fb nah struggle grin grin
grin you need to get into the club of Instagram o! I understand sha. I was once like you.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2018
dumo1:

grin you need to get into the club of Instagram o! I understand sha. I was once like you.
dem 2many ,how do I keep up, even facebook I dey lag behind grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
Khaz customs. Info@khazcustoms.co.uk . London num. 08006890186. Lagos 09091631231. Whatsapp nordon, +447592414461, The guy fit dey back of your street, you nor go know. That una cold country self.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
sooperrescue:
Khaz customs. Info@khazcustoms.co.uk . London num. 08006890186. Lagos 09091631231. Whatsapp nordon, +447592414461, The guy fit dey back of your street, you nor go know. That una cold country self.
haha Nah tru, I go try the wassap, I sabi that one grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
sooperrescue:
Just checked the guy is based in the uk

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2018
LeJeun3:

ahah thank God we jump pass 2011 grin grin grin grin, but we dey invest to bring part direct frm UK

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
erico2k2:

ahah thank God we jump pass 2011 grin grin grin grin, but we dey invest to bring part direct frm UK
Which of the parts? Do you have engines in view?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
sooperrescue:

Which of the parts? Do you have engines in view?
Servicing parts.Im working on smthing it will be PHC based though.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2018
erico2k2:

Servicing parts.Im working on smthing it will be PHC based though.
There was a lady that wanted to buy parts for her range rover sport from the Uk and on whatsapp, we compared the prices and she found out that britparts and bearmach parts were cheaper in Lagos than in the Uk. She was asking me how is that possible. I almost asked her, if you ask me, na who I go ask? That is the same issue that you will find here. Years back, the air suspension was the major issue and now, it is the engine, the heart of the car that is failing, the outcome of prolonged use of low octane fuel and ungodly engine oils. And without a good engine, the brand is loosing steam and making the acquisition and ownership a burden. I know where I have gone with my Sport and the thrills I got on the highways. I was even submerged in water, river Niger on the lokoja expressway and how it waded through with ease. Those that acquired theirs since 2010 have different songs to sing but we shall overcome. Maybe we should focus more on the 2010 models, they are a beauty to behold and we shall get the parts that will keep them on the road.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
And the first advise is for the owners to use genuine fluids. Brake fluids are very important and every owner should be very careful when the fluid is being poured in. Not every dot 4 is dot 4 compliant with Range rovers. Get good ones from reputable dealers. Dont use the green brake oil. It will corrode the brake system and make the car a nightmare to drive.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2018
sooperrescue:
And the first advise is for the owners to use genuine fluids. Brake fluids are very important and every owner should be very careful when the fluid is being poured in. Not every dot 4 is dot 4 compliant with Range rovers. Get good ones from reputable dealers. Dont use the green brake oil. It will corrode the brake system and make the car a nightmare to drive.
to the fluid bit, I would say, prevent leakage,, if we pay attention to our cars we will know when anything is leaking,the seal it or change the hose simple. cos the fluids are not cheap.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2018
sooperrescue:

There was a lady that wanted to buy parts for her range rover sport from the Uk and on whatsapp, we compared the prices and she found out that britparts and bearmach parts were cheaper in Lagos than in the Uk. She was asking me how is that possible. I almost asked her, if you ask me, na who I go ask? That is the same issue that you will find here. Years back, the air suspension was the major issue and now, it is the engine, the heart of the car that is failing, the outcome of prolonged use of low octane fuel and ungodly engine oils. And without a good engine, the brand is loosing steam and making the acquisition and ownership a burden. I know where I have gone with my Sport and the thrills I got on the highways. I was even submerged in water, river Niger on the lokoja expressway and how it waded through with ease. Those that acquired theirs since 2010 have different songs to sing but we shall overcome. Maybe we should focus more on the 2010 models, they are a beauty to behold and we shall get the parts that will keep them on the road.
parts are expenssive in the Uk cos of waranty and taxes.I recon the parts in 9ja are after mkt, might be a good thing but who knows, I aint tried them yet.now we are on about parts could you do me a favour chaek the cost of wind screen for the RRS 2012 plz, mine got a lil crack on it
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
erico2k2:

parts are expenssive in the Uk cos of waranty and taxes.I recon the parts in 9ja are after mkt, might be a good thing but who knows, I aint tried them yet.now we are on about parts could you do me a favour chaek the cost of wind screen for the RRS 2012 plz, mine got a lil crack on it
35k, same as the original
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2018
sooperrescue:

35k, same as the original
35k for new windscreen RRS 2012 bross U sure ni? make I call U, I dey come!
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
erico2k2:

35k for new windscreen RRS 2012 bross U sure ni? make I call U, I dey come!
Ok, bring 50k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.