Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (153554 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
No wahala. Long time. How things?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Gee2728(m): 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
sooperrescue:
No wahala. Long time. How things?
fine bro....been working my behind out and hopeful might just land that 2k10 510bhp soon. one fact.... 0-60-0 (mph) in jst 14sec.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:47am On Nov 11, 2014
I go dey ur back in case you nor fit control the machine. When I dey 160km, liver dey fail me naim you wan waka 14 secs to reach 100km. I beg o.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Gee2728(m): 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
sooperrescue:
I go dey ur back in case you nor fit control the machine. When I dey 160km, liver dey fail me naim you wan waka 14 secs to reach 100km. I beg o.

haha, actually it's a video I was watching on the comparison btwn a 2k10 and a 2k9 sport supercharged version. the 2k10 will get to 60mph and break back to zero in 14sec even b4 the 2k9 gets to 60mph.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
I for tire o
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Gee2728(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2014
sooperrescue:
I for tire o
over 500bhp no be joke ooh
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
sooperrescue:
I for tire o
pls how much does a 2010 LR4 cost in the market?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 14, 2014
sooperrescue:

Go for the LR4 but avoid the 2010 model. It is a 5l engine but no much difference with the LR3 except the dashboard and the exterior look. You nor need to change the account name to mine, just make me a co signatory to the account, that is all. On a more serious note, even in the US, the owners there are wary of the Dealers because they make more mistakes and the charges are high. You will spend money but not the high roof many owners are currently building with mechanics. If there are no issues with your bushings and air suspension, average cost of maintenance per year will not be more than 150k comprising of two oil changes, octane boosters, battery. Cest tout.

I remember a friend of mine bought an ML350 and he will always take it to Ikoyi Club where other guys with Acura MDX, Pathfinder and BMW were the happening guys. That was in 2009. Suddenly, the money bags felt threatened and rolled out their Armada, Range Rovers and G wagons. My guy felt undersized and oppressed to the extent that he no longer park his car in the Golf section but at the General car park where Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tucson and Rav 4 are holding court.. Where do you place yours? You dont need to love her first, you need to have her, caress her and when she is rubbing your back and your ego, then you fall in love and when you see your ML, you start wondering if you ever had that Jeep.
anything i need to know about that and reason for advising against?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by lungwun(m): 11:38am On Nov 15, 2014
Hey Sooper, what's the going rate for the Disco II? And what are it's common niggles?

I will need a capable off road vehicle soon. Since almost everywhere in Nigeria is off road
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
sooperrescue:
I for tire o
you ain't posting again, any problem?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:29am On Nov 22, 2014
Been on the road but I am back now. I am sorry for the silence. Went for FRSC speed limit flag off. We want to know how the device will work. I thought that our potholes were the speed limiters, maybe I was wrong because the roads have been upgraded and those large craters on the roads have somehow disappeared. Back to your question about LR4, it is something to be avoided because that was the first model of the Range. Too many reliability issues and I know that the owners are somehow perplexed. Transmission failures, Stability Control and many more electronic failures.
Lungwun, Disco 11 is a rugged SUV and it has the same problem like its siblings. Currently there is a used one for sale and the owner want 700k. Only issues are the propeller, gear service and injector service too.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:34am On Nov 22, 2014
For Owners of L322 Range Rover whose remote entry are not working, this is a do it yourself method to reprogram the remote in your Range Rover.

1) Get in and close all doors. Turn ignition on and off quickly and remove the key (all within about 5 seconds).

2) Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off, while holding down the "unlock" button, press the "lock" button three times. Release the "unlock" button. (You may or may not get the confirmation from the door locks.) Holding the key at your head level provides best results as the key sensor is in the side window pillar.

3) Repeat for each key you want to initialize within 30 seconds after the last one you initialized (if you have more).

4) Right after doing the last key, quickly put the key back in the ignition and turn it on/off again to finalize.

YOU MUST program al keys that you have at the same time as stated above!!!

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 23, 2014
welcome bro, how about the LR3 facelifted model?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by witty(m): 7:41pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hello guys,

I'm new here. And I hope I will learn a lot from everyone here as well as make my modest contributions as we proceed.

Thanks, Mr Patrick (ScooperRescue) for initiating this wonderful forum.

Cheers.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
You are welcome
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Marpol: 5:40am On Nov 27, 2014
@sooperrescue, thanks for the work you are doing. Pls what can you say about 2006 Range Rover Sport? I love that SUV and would like to know the pros and cons and the maintenance cost on the average.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
pros, everything you desire in a luxury brand but be mindful of the battery, bulbs and brake light switch. cons. dont ignore these three items. they are the main issues that makes d range perform well or create deep holes into your pocket
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by witty(m): 7:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
Scooper, what do you mean by "be mindful of the battery, bulbs and brake light switch"?

I just purchased a 2006 LR3 V8 model too, Nigerian-used sha. But, I see all sorts of lights on. I called you on phone about these yesterday and I will drive it to your workshop tomorrow for a checkup. I'm still getting used to the car. So, I will appreciate your informed counsel on how best to take care of it without going bankrupt. grin

sooperrescue:
pros, everything you desire in a luxury brand but be mindful of the battery, bulbs and brake light switch. cons. dont ignore these three items. they are the main issues that makes d range perform well or create deep holes into your pocket
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
These three items can make or mar any Range. If a battery is weak, it wont be able to power over 30 modules in the Range and so you get all sorts of lights on the dashboard, abs, brake light, park brake, suspension lowered, special programs off, hdc off. The same faults could also be triggered by the brake switch and also by a failed bulb on the car. That was why I asked you if you have changed your battery and you said, you just did. A wheel speed sensor can also create the same faults and when a Mechanic sees all these faults, he can wrongly advise that the air suspension bags should be changed and that is an expensive repair. Are you coming tomorrow or Saturday? You wont go bankrupt if you follow the Manufacturer's specification.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Marpol: 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
@sooperrescue, what of the parts? What is the cost like? E.g shocks, ball joint, radiator, oxygen sensor to mention a few.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
The ball joints is 8k, radiator is 35k, shocks i.e air suspension balloons 70k. Once they are well calibrated, no issue. Four years on, I have replaced just one. I have never changed my height sensors. Oxygen sensors are expensive and if you change it and the same fuel destroys it, why bother?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
sooperrescue:
The ball joints is 8k, radiator is 35k, shocks i.e air suspension balloons 70k. Once they are well calibrated, no issue. Four years on, I have replaced just one. I have never changed my height sensors. Oxygen sensors are expensive and if you change it and the same fuel destroys it, why bother?
pls i asked about the LR3 since you said the LR4 has issues?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
i did not say avoid lr4, but run from the 2010 model. lr3 is d same issue with rrs. like i explained earlier on, ensurr that the manufacturer is always right
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
ok thanks, what about buying a 2008 facelift and converting the frontend like the LR3 on this link, will it cost much?
https://www.nairaland.com/2012670/sharp-used-clean-lr3-lr4-upgrade
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
There is not much to convert. I will get you the quote. Are you changing the wheels too?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 28, 2014
sooperrescue:

Brand new OEM air shocks for 70k? That's not bad
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ayodurodola(m): 5:05am On Nov 28, 2014
Thanks Sooper for this. I am about to buy an RRS supercharged 2006. Owner just revealed his last service was done with a regular SAE oil.....can I have the average cost of servicing this car? also...where is your shop located? this is my first RR o......owner used it for 4months but wanna sell cos he needs cash for a project.it has 56k miles on it....and my house is a waterlogged zone during the rains.....what will you advise?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Marpol: 7:22am On Nov 28, 2014
@sooperrescue, is tthere anything I should watch out for in the 2006 range rover sport? I think am falling in love with the suv.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by lungwun(m): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2014
Mr Sooper, I currently drive an E46 3 series which is showing a lot of lights on the dashboard, from abs to check engine etc. at last count there were 5 of them.

Just been on your website and i saw a couple of BMWs in the garage. Do you work on them as well? And how much is a scan?

Looking at buying the wife an E90 3 series and i would love to have a mechanic who will advise me well and make sure i still have money left for feeding after buying her the car. grin

Both the ranges you put on the earlier page are well within our budget but not yet i'm thinking. I need to amass more funds.

You have earlier told me your office is close to games village. I stay not too far away so i might pop in for a quick scan once i know the price.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:20am On Nov 28, 2014
Scanning the BMW is not the issue but fixing the faults related to those lights. Call Dele 08189040804 and he will scan the car and fix the faults according to your pocket so that there will still be more than enough to feed. When you buy the E90, we will gladly take over the maintenance. We have an extended warranty package that will take away the stress off you.You will also need the Booster to boost your fuel as the main problem are fuel related. BMW use Premium unleaded fuel. We will have the Boosters ready in Abuja by next week.

Marpol:
@sooperrescue, is tthere anything I should watch out for in the 2006 range rover sport? I think am falling in love with the suv.
Just like I stated earlier, your battery, bulbs and brake switch and also the fuel has to be boosted.

ayodurodola:
Thanks Sooper for this. I am about to buy an RRS supercharged 2006. Owner just revealed his last service was done with a regular SAE oil.....can I have the average cost of servicing this car? also...where is your shop located? this is my first RR o......owner used it for 4months but wanna sell cos he needs cash for a project.it has 56k miles on it....and my house is a waterlogged zone during the rains.....what will you advise?
45k for servicing, engine oil, 10 litres, oil filter, engine flush, air filter and scanning. You will also need Octane Booster. You need to change the oil fast before it causes more harm. We are at Airforce Engineering Squadron in Ikeja along Agege Motor Road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.