Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings (1659 Views)

Understanding What Sin Is, And How To Be Forgiven / Ibadan Church Bans Leggings, Mini Skirts, Open Bosom & Topless Outfits (Photo) / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
I was making a research when i stumbled upon this again
[b]A female dancer on leggingsHello Eya, please share this argument in support and against wearing leggings...

St. Josemaria Escriva...
Leggings make it look like you aren’t wearing
anything to a guy. This is the most fundamental
reason you should not wear leggings as pants. Men
are visual creatures, you see. They are as attuned to
their eyes and images as women aretoemotions
and feelings. When they see an image, their brains
are simply wired to react to them, most of the time
ina lustful or harmful way if the image is
provocative.
I don’t have
time in now to go into
the details about this topic, but there are plenty of
researches out there available if you’re looking for it.
Sotoa guy, when you wear leggings, you might as
well be wearing nothing at all. Yes, I know that the
fabric technically covers all of your skin, but that is
no excuse.
You certainly can’t wear sensible
underwear with them, which is certainly attractive
and therefore bad. And really? There is nothing left
to the imagination. Your legs and rear might be
colored black instead of your skin color, but every
nookand cranny of them is as visible to a guy as if
you were Unclad. He can see your curves, and that is
provocative stimuli for a man. If you wear leggings,
youare (intentionallyor not) leading men to lust
afteryou.
If you’re doing that on purpose, shame on
you! Getting a guy to lust after you is not something
youshould aspire to. If you want a good husband
when you’re older, or wouldn’t want a girl to do that
toyour brother/cousin/guy friend/boyfriend, then
don’t do it to them. If you’re not doing it on purpose,
be more conscious from now on, and please, choose
pants next time.

Answerer...
My pet peeve is people who say 'if you were really a
Christian, you would...". Christians believe in Christ
and accept His grace, period. There is behavior
unbecoming a Christian, but there is no "unchristian
behavior".
That being said, wow, my daughter and I argue this
all the time. She wears leggings and sweatshirts! To
me, that just isn't modest and I don't like it. But I
just have to trust her judgment on it. She is a great
Christian girl, engaged in lots of youth activities and
agreat moral kid.
PS: My daughter even wears that to church
activities. I suggested maybe it wasn't "church
appropriate wear" and she - correctly - pointed out
thatpeople shouldn't dress one way at church and
another(less modest)way at school...you should be
who you are both at church and school
I asked one non christian woman why she wears
stuff like that and she told me “Its my body and if I
haveit I will show it off!” That is a very anti-Jesus
attitude. What surprised me was herboy friendhad
noproblem with her doing that and he told me he
think sits cool because it shows other guys what she
has and makes them jealous. This is the fruit of
throwing the Word of God out of society.

ByMushet

.it may not be AA (Asbury Appropriate) to wear
leggings, and for that reason, maybe you should
save them for the summer. Men, if you can’t control
yourself around a woman because of the way she is
dressed, learn some self control because, believe
me, even if leggings are forever banned from
Asbury, they will be out there taunting you—along
witha million other scandalous fashion statements
—inthe “real world.” And ladies, no matter what
you wear, it is not your responsibility to keep a
man’s lust subdued. Wear what expresses who you
are and above all, be smart. Beauty is first and
foremost self-respect, and secondly confidence.
By Rachel Taber.
[size=16]As a Christian what is your own view?[/size]sharePlease[/b]

Re: Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings by Adrenaline123(m): 11:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Its bad and not moral, back in the 80ls leggins were used as underwears, now its just a fashionable clothing. Clothes are begining to leave the body, I mean, most youths even parents prefer clothings that will clamp to their bodies, time shal come when beings will go about naked. Quote me.
Re: Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings by Nobody: 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
You are right bro.There was time Leggings was considered for prostitute and co but now if you don't wear people will wonder if you are from planet,Earth
Re: Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 23, 2013
Any other point of view
Re: Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings by spencerwilliams(m): 7:20am On Nov 23, 2013
Any lady wearin leggins,u ar goin strait to hel if u die witout repentin,becos as a man tinket in is heart so is he,so wat eva u ar wearin or exhibitin both in speeches nd in actions simply tel us how d heart is.d word modesty d bible talked about in 1 timoty2:9,is very far from wat so caled christian ladies and even d one dey cal unbelievas are wearin today.let me giv an exposition to dis mata,modesty means somtin designed 2 prevent inadvertant exposur of part of d body,now d word expose means 2 bring into public notice,now d meanin of notice is d act of perceivin;attention;observation,now d meanin of perceive is 2 become awar of sometin tru d senses especialy d sight(eyes).So u see dat werin trousas or leggins does nt depict modesty,why becaus it always bring out d shap of a woman in u,listen nakednes does not only mean wen u ar unclad,but any tin u put on dat make people peceive d kind of shap God gave u,my dear u ar naked,so u see dat judgin from d dictionary alone can even condem women wearing trousas or leggins,nt 2 talk of d judgement of God.Also let me add sometin leggins is just like paintin ur legs wit diferent colours so i wount cal it a clothin it's a paint,der was a day i was goin 2 d market and i saw a women wearin dis leggins,when i was far from her i tought she was naked,becos d colour of d paint was very similar 2 her natural skin,it was wen i got closer i now realised it was dis paint(leggins)REPENT!!!
Re: Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings by judedwriter(m): 7:30am On Nov 23, 2013
Its very seducing for a lady to wear leggings in public; it pushes men into mastur*ation and other se*ual vices against women. Sadly most men now c women as se*ual objects because of their intimate wares they hawk in public view.
Re: Debate:what Sin Is A Christain Lady Commiting by Wearing Leggings by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 23, 2013
Is there no lady to agree or Disagree with these claim
Remember:Silence means yes

(1) (Reply)

He Is Praying 4 Dis Woman With His Hand In His Breast / Man From Clay Or Man From Primate, Which Is More Credible? / Nonsense Of The Trinity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.