Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience (22634 Views)

Feb 2016 Fixed Deposit Rates: GTB, Diamond, Firstbank, Stanbic, Sterling, Wema / Investment In Money Market / What Area Of Businesses Can Be Invested In Without The Owner Running It Hisself. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by ogedanny: 5:32am On Nov 23, 2013
I am interested in dumping my monthly savings in FBN Capital Money Market Fund, pls share your experience and suggestions, is it profitable considering our single-digit inflation rate at 8pcnt.

Do you have 5yrs+ Experience? Discover new opportunities & get hired faster! visit http://www.topmanagersjob.com
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by lecturerdabo(m): 8:38am On Nov 23, 2013
I threw in 25k there last yr june, I just checked it on friday and the bal is 29k. Now U decide!!
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by ogedanny: 11:55am On Nov 23, 2013
Please how do i register with them and get started immediately?
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by lecturerdabo(m): 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
ogedanny: Please how do i register with them and get started immediately?

Go to any branch of first bank or www.fbncapital.com
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by ogedanny: 11:01am On Nov 25, 2013
thanks.

I found investment options that beat Treasury Bill, Bond, Mutual Fund and Fixed Deposits - Click here for free info

I found investment options that beat Treasury Bill, Bond, Mutual Fund and Fixed Deposits - Click here for free info
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by midpoint: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
lecturerdabo: I threw in 25k there last yr june, I just checked it on friday and the bal is 29k. Now U decide!!

Interesting. you mean for over a year the money has increased with only 4k?

1 Like

Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by Krisuba: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
Do u kno wat % dat is?
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by omanifrank(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
will try it
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by otijah(m): 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
Money should not be kept in banks, use money for bussiness ang get better profits.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by KolaShangOne(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
its very small % increase.. you should just do business with your money.
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by otijah(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
midpoint:

and after two years 8k, mtcheeew. In diamond bank I hold
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by Adesam09(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ok
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by osram(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
If u see nyash u go knw say nyansh pas nyash,wen it koms to caterpillar its very soft,its a tin dt causes EARTHQUAKE...i dn 4gt d remainin lyrics o..seun brb
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by Jpreyz(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by otijah(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
lecturerdabo: I threw in 25k there last yr june, I just checked it on friday and the bal is 29k. Now U decide!!
see as u put am "u just threw in" like 25k is noting. And after a whole year u get 4k interest, give me that 25k let me take and do bussiness for u and earn beta profit for u. Mtchewwww
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by dwittyc0der(f): 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by mustaphagreens(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by Okwyjesus(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
Why frontpage.

@ topic. l bank wt First Bank bt dis product l dont really knw.
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by kentochi(m): 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2013
just 4k for whole one year and not just good.
was planning to put in 50k when a friend told me that they give 10% of your capital but with this your result i will not try that.
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by brixton: 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
i am currently saving up with them, i think its a better way to save up for longtime projects but dont expect too much returns. I am comfortable with my guaranteed initial deposit with little top up on my money. Its an investment with little or no risk, such investments usually dont attract huge turn overs.
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by chinedum13(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
otijah: see as u put am "u just threw in" like 25k is noting. And after a whole year u get 4k interest, give me that 25k let me take and do bussiness for u and earn beta profit for u. Mtchewwww
what kind of business can one start with 25k that will earn him a whopping profit.
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by Desanta(m): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2013

You got 16% profit in a year and you are not satisfied. What you probably need is a big win at the lottery and not an investment.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
otijah: see as u put am "u just threw in" like 25k is noting. And after a whole year u get 4k interest, give me that 25k let me take and do bussiness for u and earn beta profit for u. Mtchewwww
wat kind of biz. Pls kindly share ur idea(s)
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by adconline(m): 5:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
midpoint:

That's a 16% ROI!
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by seangy4konji: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
i wonder oo...4 k since last year june...
midpoint:

Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by omoyankee3(m): 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2013

That's a good return on investment considering that it is a very low risk financial instrument. The 4k interest might look small, but think of it in percentage terms; that's a 16% yield. This type of investment is mainly for individuals with large capital or institutional investors with large pools of funds. (If you invested N25 million, N4 million return in a year wont look so insignificant anymore).

You can do business with the money if you want, but with the high potential profits from investing in a business, also comes the risk of losing your investement. You can either invest in a money market fund or start a business depending on your risk aversion and financial strategy (aggressive growth, growth, capital preservation etc).

11 Likes

Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
omo-yankee:

That's a good return on investment considering that it is a very low risk financial instrument. The 4k interest might look small, but think of it in percentage terms; that's a 16% yield. This type of investment is mainly for individuals with large capital or institutional investors with large pools of funds. (If you invested N25 million, N4 million return in a year wont look so insignificant anymore).

You can do business with the money if you want, but with the high potential profits from investing in a business, also comes the risk of losing your investement. You can either invest in a money market fund or start a business depending on your risk aversion and financial strategy (aggressive growth, growth, capital preservation etc).
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by ONUTOPSY(m): 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
I deposited the sum of #380000 with them withing the period of 5months. The return was just #5000. When i make attempt to withdraw #370000 out the money, my gtbank end up deductin the sum #3000 for money transfer charges. And it took me a week to finalised the transaction. So, the choice is yours.
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by alexvatt(m): 6:52pm On Nov 25, 2013
otijah: Money should not be kept in banks, use money for bussiness ang get better profits.
u are right
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by Tinyemeka(m): 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2013
ONUTOPSY: I deposited the sum of #380000 with them withing the period of 5months. The return was just #5000. When i make attempt to withdraw #370000 out the money, my gtbank end up deductin the sum #3000 for money transfer charges. And it took me a week to finalised the transaction. So, the choice is yours.
How do you mean when you say the return was N5,000?
Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by alexvatt(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2013
U people should stop fooling around in the of investment. U will never seing dangote putting his money in fixed deposit. He will rather do business with his money. Stop depositing ur hard earned money in the name of investment. Do business with ur money.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

30 Businesses That Can Make You A Billionaire / What Is Metaforce And How You Can Make Millions Of Dollars / View This Neoclassical 3-bedroom Bungalow Architectural Building Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.