Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido (1281 Views)

Gani Adams Collected N10.6b From Jonathan; EFCC Should Probe Him - OPC Leaders / Arms Deal: Why We’ve Not Invited Jonathan – EFCC Boss / Rivers People Want To Blackmail Me – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 23, 2013
Source: Weekly trust

Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State yesterday said the arrest of his two sons of over allege money laundering by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) was part of a plot by President Goodluck Jonathan and the anti-graft body to silence and make him change his position.

Lamido made the statement yesterday when the Emir of Gumel, Alhaji Sani Ahmed paid him a courtesy call at the government house in Dutse.

He said “some politicians believe that they can use intimidation and threat to have their way. In the last 30 years I have suffered all kinds of intimidation and harassment you can think of and so there is nothing new. All these harassments cannot break Sule Lamido.

“I am a human being and I can make mistake, but honestly speaking in the last six years I have tried my best for Jigawa State and even President Jonathan has testified to that severally when he visited Jigawa. I have tried to be just and fair in running affairs of this state to the best of my ability. Jonanthan, Lamurde and the SSS cannot say they love Jigawa State more than me. My culture and faith thought me justice and fairness.”

He said “I have been following all the tricks employed by the government to blackmail me. First, when Aminu was arrested in December last year over allege money laundering of 40,000 dollars, the Pilot owned by Jonathan wrote that Aminu was arrested with N3million. Three weeks later, the same paper said Aminu confessed that he laundered N37 billion for me in the last six years.

“They did not stop there. Government agents went to the Sultan of Sokoto and told him that Aminu had N2 billion in his private account. They also went to the National Assembly and told my allies there that Lamido’s son was found with N2billion in his account. All these were done to blackmail me, because they know I am close to the Sultan.

Whatever want to happen, let it happen . I cannot apologize over my stand. If insisting on due process, internal party democracy, rule of law is a crime, I am ready to defend my stand. It is laughable that among all the 36 governors, it’s Lamido they want to tag with corruption”
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by ObiOkpor(m): 6:24am On Nov 23, 2013
na una game naw,why are u complanin'?
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 23, 2013
Haba Oga governor,even when one of your sons was caught with millions of US dollar bills? Please say the truth and shame the devil. Your sons are corrupt

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 23, 2013
Are they or are they not guilty of d allegations oga govonor? Dat is wat u shud concentrate on

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by greatgod2012(f): 6:30am On Nov 23, 2013
LMAO
As usual, na devil cause am

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by AtlanticBreeze: 6:34am On Nov 23, 2013
These cry baby governors should spare us with their emotions. This is politics, if you wanna battle then brace up. only blackmail and you are crying already. so much for "G7 rebels" grin grin
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by atlwireles: 6:48am On Nov 23, 2013
lamido, your wahala has not even started yet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by 99100(m): 7:02am On Nov 23, 2013
U go hear wee..
This is just d beginning and u are already yelling.
Spare us those cries and prove ur like father like son duo of children innocence.
#kirikiri awaits them#
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by donphilopus: 7:13am On Nov 23, 2013
If your children were truly for what they were reported to have done, then that's good riddance. But the one that seems to be somehow is, when GEJ's wife was caught in the airport embezzling money overseas the case was closed without much investigation. This happened within the short time GEJ governed Bayelsa state
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by 9jii(m): 7:18am On Nov 23, 2013
If I could advise you always don't tangle with big muscles no matter the difference between you.
Roll as they roll or at least pretend to.
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by awodman: 7:31am On Nov 23, 2013
Oga Lamido abeg spare us this crocodile tears..pls we are still waiting for the name of the minister who took a $250 million bribe

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by dayokanu(m): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2013
Same as Amaechi

Lamido Amaechi ticket that was branded and both are now being blackmailed
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by juman(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2013
Ten billions naira allegedly found in his sons account is huge money that is enough to establish a big agricultural economic platform for jigawa state, instead of constantly depend on oil money from niger delta.
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by omenka(m): 8:37am On Nov 23, 2013
chidindufrank: Haba Oga governor,even when one of your sons was caught with millions of US dollar bills? Please say the truth and shame the devil. Your sons are corrupt

ChidindumbFuck you don start again abi. Which of his sons was caught with "millions" of dollar bills Must you lie to make a point? It was 50,000dollars abeg.

@post. We all know it is a game of blackmail, and we also know the governor indeed stole huge amounts of monies just like the rest of his counterparts. He should answer for the crime. And so should Stella Oduah, Bamanga Tukur and Amadu Ali's sons, Maduka Cosmos, and the rest of the pathological crooks we have out there.

It really hurts what these people do with our collective wealth when the kinda poverty we see people living out there with is enough to give one a permanently broken heart. Let me share a lil story of my experience last weekend.

Was at a wedding last saturday and saw some of
those kids that go scavenging left overs with their
parents at wedding venues. There was this
particular kid I saw that almost brought tears out
my eyes, had to blink several times to keep my eyes from betraying my weakness. His was a case of severe polio. His anatomy from waist downwards is almost nonexistent.
He was crouched in a superranuated wheelchair,
with tears in his eyes, drooling, speaking gibberish,
and wore clothes you wouldn't dust your dirtiest
shoes with. His situation as I saw it was beyond
pathetic, and he had his kid brother (knew cos I
interacted with them) pushing him around. Called
them, asked a few questions about their parents
and dug my hands into the right arm rest
compartment of my car and brought out what little
accumulated change I had in there and handed it to
them. Collected some drinks and emptied them into
a plastic bottle and gave them my food also. You
can't imagine how grateful they were!!
As they left, I took my seat, but couldn't stop
cursing our "leaders" in my mind!! I mean, do these
so called leaders really have hearts at all. How do
they manage to sleep at night while surrounded by
such destitutes or don't they see these people even
through their tinted bullet proofed glasses every
once in a while. Experiences like this are the
reasons I can never say a good prayer for these
politicians. It is the reason I couldn't wish Jonathan or his wife well when they took ill. It is the reason I don't feel sorry for Taraba state governor. It is the reason I don't grieve with any of those politicians when they lost a loved one. It is just too damn depressing to see
innocent kids go through such horrendous
experiences when the country can afford to really
give them a childhood worth looking back to.

I don't mean to sound overly sentimental but anyone who's got a heart should be struck deeply when they see such people, especially children, as they suffer with no hope of a better tomorrow.

These politicians are nothing but high ranking demons. No good exists in their hearts!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by jameswb: 8:37am On Nov 23, 2013
Lamido u might nt be conversant the bible u mighT nt be corrupted buh ur children are as in the case of eli politrick is the game
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by lovat(m): 8:57am On Nov 23, 2013
Why are all these polithifians always defending or absolving themselves of corrupt practises.
Lamido if your sons are guilty they should be penalised, the matter is in court allow the court to decide it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by 1025: 8:59am On Nov 23, 2013
shut up lamido. u have been part of this madness. u only have to thank God joe does not jail anybody. all he wants from u is loyality and support for 2015 and ur children will gain their freedom. every one of u sleeps and wake up in corruption but none is going to jail. enjoy the games while they last.
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by Olugbenger(m): 9:22am On Nov 23, 2013
Who said GEJ is a learner?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 23, 2013
From Amaechi to Lamido, the game is well understood. grin cool
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by talktimi(m): 9:49am On Nov 23, 2013
Oga no vex but shey your children thief 10 billion abi dem no thief am ? undecided
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 23, 2013
LAMIDO: It is laughable that among all the 36 governors, it’s Lamido they want to tag with corruption”

LAMIDO: was quoted as saying: “Do you know that recently a top minister received a $250 million (about 42.25 billion) bribe for himself… he (the minister) is in the cabinet; he is in this current regime; he knows and I know, and I told the President.”

He should be man enough to give us names of these corrupt fellows so that his case will not be treated in isolation.
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 23, 2013
omenka:

ChidindumbFuck you don start again abi. Which of his sons was caught with "millions" of dollar bills Must you lie to make a point? It was 50,000dollars abeg.

@post. We all know it is a game of blackmail, and we also know the governor indeed stole huge amounts of monies just like the rest of his counterparts. He should answer for the crime. And so should Stella Oduah, Bamanga Tukur and Amadu Ali's sons, Maduka Cosmos, and the rest of the pathological crooks we have out there.

It really hurts what these people do with our collective wealth when the kinda poverty we see people living out there with is enough to give one a permanently broken heart. Let me share a lil story of my experience last weekend.

Was at a wedding last saturday and saw some of
those kids that go scavenging left overs with their
parents at wedding venues. There was this
particular kid I saw that almost brought tears out
my eyes, had to blink several times to keep my eyes from betraying my weakness. His was a case of severe polio. His anatomy from waist downwards is almost nonexistent.
He was crouched in a superranuated wheelchair,
with tears in his eyes, drooling, speaking gibberish,
and wore clothes you wouldn't dust your dirtiest
shoes with. His situation as I saw it was beyond
pathetic, and he had his kid brother (knew cos I
interacted with them) pushing him around. Called
them, asked a few questions about their parents
and dug my hands into the right arm rest
compartment of my car and brought out what little
accumulated change I had in there and handed it to
them. Collected some drinks and emptied them into
a plastic bottle and gave them my food also. You
can't imagine how grateful they were!!
As they left, I took my seat, but couldn't stop
cursing our "leaders" in my mind!! I mean, do these
so called leaders really have hearts at all. How do
they manage to sleep at night while surrounded by
such destitutes or don't they see these people even
through their tinted bullet proofed glasses every
once in a while. Experiences like this are the
reasons I can never say a good prayer for these
politicians. It is the reason I couldn't wish Jonathan or his wife well when they took ill. It is the reason I don't feel sorry for Taraba state governor. It is the reason I don't grieve with any of those politicians when they lost a loved one. It is just too damn depressing to see
innocent kids go through such horrendous
experiences when the country can afford to really
give them a childhood worth looking back to.

I don't mean to sound overly sentimental but anyone who's got a heart should be struck deeply when they see such people, especially children, as they suffer with no hope of a better tomorrow.

These politicians are nothing but high ranking demons. No good exists in their hearts!!
Omekamuewu,we're on the same page. The truth is dollar was stolen by the lamidos
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by omenka(m): 10:58am On Nov 23, 2013
Bros which one come be "muewu"?? grin. U ehn.
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by gerald09(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
lovat: Why are all these polithifians always defending or absolving themselves of corrupt practises.
Lamido if your sons are guilty they should be penalised, the matter is in court allow the court to decide it.
Word! Each time one is caught they attribute it to blackmail, tribal/religion witch hunt, and yet if u ask Lamido what the problem of Nigeria is he will say corruption n bad governance. So who exactly is guilty of these corruption and bad governance? Since all corrupt leader are either being blackmailed or tribal/religious witch hunted. Very soon u will read or hear d news how thousands of youth protest in Jigawa state for the arrest of the governors sons, btw 30-40 people died women and children. Then they blame the death on GEJ cos the governor (who probably did loot the state to d bones) used tribal/religious sentiments to ignite an already anxious people all for the sake of selfish politics.
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
G7 governors underestimate the intelligence of Nigerians. Grossly.
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by abuc: 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by ChimaAgbalajob: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
EFCC is there to nab corrupt public officials who embezzle public funds.

You wouldn't have to worry about EFCC if you and your 20 year old son are not laundering N10 billion naira. Where will a 20 year old find such money if not the Jigawa people's money?
Re: Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido by lincolnj88: 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
grin lamido in hot bayelsa pepper soup grin

(1) (Reply)

Full Text Of Gani Fawehinmi's Letter To Defunct/expired President Obasanjo / Police Declared War On NSCDC, Lunched Nationwide Attacks On Officers / A Concerned Nigerian's Reply To Gej's Presidential Declaration Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.