Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". (61921 Views)

FRSC Hilux Without Brake Lights, Who Will Make The Arrest? (Picture) / Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2013
Yes guys, Siena is now delving into the innards of Japanese cars. Toyota!

In order to gain more understanding of the Toyota brand, I now find myself contracted to a Toyota main dealership in West London. Of course, the principle of the autmobile remains the same, regardless of brand. However in practice, different brands have different strengths and weaknesses, fault diagnosis can also have different methods. And the same fault can produce different symptoms in different brands. So I've beeb working on the following:

Toyota Prius Hybrid.
Toyota Auris Hybrid.
Toyota Avensis.
Toyota Corolla.
Toyota Aygo.
Toyota iQ.
Toyota Hilux/Vigo.
Toyota Land Cruiser.

What is the best way to get to grips with a different brand, (in this case Toyota) and get put through all the relevant courses, sponsored by Toyota UK?

Easy - work for Toyota! Which is what I'm now doing. And I've ended up with a 2004 Toyota ******* 2.0 D4-D in T4 trim. Been stood for 4 years with the cylinder head pulled off, and of course the cylinder bores are quite rusty. There are a bunch of parts coming with her, though looking under the hood shows EVERY relay and fuse in the fuse/relay box has been robbed. It's going to take a lot of time, patience and skill to get this car back on the road.

I wonder what model of Toyota this is? Open to guesswork! Looking to get the car recovered to my place, and into the workshop in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by globalfanz(m): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
Thats nice. I think its a worthy venture. Education does not end. We are watching
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by femmy2010(m): 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
Siena and Toyota?
Closely watching.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Mcoldsoja(m): 6:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hmmm. the chicken comes home to roost: after all, Siena is a brand of Toyota.

5 Likes

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2013
Siena: And I've ended up with a 2004 Toyota ******* 2.0 D4-D in T4 trim.
I wonder what model of Toyota this is? Open to guesswork!
I'm guessing D4-D is a toyota hilux diesel
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
I'm guessing D4-D is a toyota hilux diesel btw, I'm glad you are back with something new
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2013
lomomike: I'm guessing D4-D is a toyota hilux diesel

Definitely diesel, but not a Hilux. I would love one though. smiley
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by firestar(f): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2013
*following*
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2013
Siena:

Definitely diesel, but not a Hilux. I would love one though. smiley
then that car would be a Toyota avensis 2.0 D-4D T4
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
hmm....are my dreaming angry ......im still suprised oh....i still cant link siena with toyota yet.....i guess you have an avensis
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2013
Lomomike and Cheksbry are both correct. An Avensis.

1 Like

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
Congrats bro, fully subscribed. This is going to be a departure from the norm.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by micklplus(m): 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
Whaooooo! I've seen a toyota SIENA many times!
Nice development .
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by cardoctor(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2013
The Toyota D4D is definitely diesel. Very economical and reliable but you don't see many of them in this neck of the woods called Nigeria. We just love the petrol engine cos that's what we've always been used to.

Nice one sienna. Pls post some pics when available.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by JUO(m): 6:10am On Nov 24, 2013
I dey trip for you . When are you bringing this knowledge to naija?
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by kuntash: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2013
Siena: Of course, the principle of the automobile remains the same, regardless of brand.

Thats the koko or nitty gritty of knowing the fundamentals..

all of a sudden you just feel you can use, understand fully & maintain any automobile.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by majalisa(m): 11:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
make I arrange my tent here cos this place go expand my coconut head

1 Like

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by yungboss(m): 8:12am On Nov 25, 2013
Congratulations sir...you ve had a supra in the past I guess
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Numerouuuno: 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
Well done Boss
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by sultaan(m): 11:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
You guys need to understand the strategy of a professional, there is no money when you service reliable quality cars.

But that crap they call Toyota that dies everywhere, that is a boat payment sitting on the side of the road grin grin grin

With so many owners willing to make such a generous contribution to Siena's economy, he is shopping for a bigger boat right now grin grin grin.

Look through the forum its my Toyota this, Toyota that; all Siena heard was kaching kaching so he has to redirect his skills to a lucrative brand, but his love stays with Audi (no reason to downgrade)

3 Likes

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 5:06am On Nov 26, 2013
Speechless.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by aieromon(m): 6:21am On Nov 26, 2013
sultaan: You guys need to understand the strategy of a professional, there is no money when you service reliable quality cars.

But that crap they call Toyota that dies everywhere, that is a boat payment sitting on the side of the road grin grin grin

With so many owners willing to make such a generous contribution to Siena's economy, he is shopping for a bigger boat right now grin grin grin.

Look through the forum its my Toyota this, Toyota that; all Siena heard was kaching kaching so he has to redirect his skills to a lucrative brand, but his love stays with Audi (no reason to downgrade)

Ouch.....

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by aieromon(m): 6:23am On Nov 26, 2013
Siena: Lomomike and Cheksbry are both correct. An Avensis.

Any reason why you chose the Avensis?
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by malpigi: 6:24am On Nov 26, 2013
unbelieveable! i still cant picture the brawny diesel guzzling siena working on or actualy recommending a wimpy prius, lols!

i for one look forewrd to reading about your new passion
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2013
sultaan: You guys need to understand the strategy of a professional, there is no money when you service reliable quality cars.

now, this is my comrade in the business of toyota haters grin
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 26, 2013

So, which car brands are the reliable quality ones? Just asking
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 26, 2013
dsunmade:
So, which car brands are the reliable quality ones? Just asking
hey pls don't derail this thread, wanna argue about brand reliability? There are many already opened, just search and you'll see them.
Thanks for complying with the rules.
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by yungboss(m): 9:49am On Nov 26, 2013
lomomike: now, this is my comrade in the business of toyota haters grin
Toyota is a good brand, a very good brand- meets the need of those who are after economy.

1 Like

Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by yungboss(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2013

profanity smiley
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by proo212(m): 11:05am On Nov 26, 2013
The car in front is a Siena....Oh Sorry a Toyota!
Re: Siena's MK5 Toyota Hilux Customisation Project - "Apple Candy". by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
aieromon: Any reason why you chose the Avensis?

I didn't actually choose an Avensis. Heck, I wasn't looking to buy a Toyota. The Avensis just "happened", as it was going to be scrapped otherwise.

I just made an offer just over scrap value, and decided to rescue her. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Inside Olu Okeowo's ₦2b Garage That Includes Rolls-Royces,Bentleys & M-benz / Mercedez Benz GLK 350 Abandoned By In Sapele By Unknown People (Photos) / Keke Napep With Padlocked 3 Tyres, Causes A Stir In Warri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.