Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings (1176 Views)

An Account Of The Dispersal Of People Across The Sahale Around The Fall Of Kanem / Kanem Empire. Can Someone Inform Me More On It? / PAN-AFRICAN MOVIE ROOM: Screening & Discusion Of Cultural Depictions In Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings by vanderHeist: 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hi all,
I am from Poland and I absolutely love African history and African empires wink

However, info about these topics is pretty scarce and seeking for it costs me much effort. I have one particular problem: I cannot find any image, drawing, or any depiction of any leader of Kanem - Bornu/Kanem/Bornu (the etymology of these states is really problematic cheesy ), which was one of the longest - living and most awesome sub - Saharan empires. And I need it for one project, historical mod for Civilization V - about Kanem - Bornu Empire.

Could you help me? smiley

By the way, I would love any links leading to The Most Awesome African History Sites wink
Re: The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings by basisop(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
We are not telling you because you will turn the story upside down and fabricate lies that we won't be able to hold back. When we see the sincere researcher we will cooperate. Till then.

1 Like

Re: The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings by saintneo(m): 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2013
basisop: We are not telling you because you will turn the story upside down and fabricate lies that we won't be able to hold back. When we see the sincere researcher we will cooperate. Till then.
That's very wrong mate.

@OP I'd love to assist but I am kinda dry on this one. Nevertheless, some people with good knowledge will come along soon.
Re: The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings by Fulaman198(m): 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
van der Heist: Hi all,
I am from Poland and I absolutely love African history and African empires wink

However, info about these topics is pretty scarce and seeking for it costs me much effort. I have one particular problem: I cannot find any image, drawing, or any depiction of any leader of Kanem - Bornu/Kanem/Bornu (the etymology of these states is really problematic cheesy ), which was one of the longest - living and most awesome sub - Saharan empires. And I need it for one project, historical mod for Civilization V - about Kanem - Bornu Empire.

Could you help me? smiley

By the way, I would love any links leading to The Most Awesome African History Sites wink

You already have turned it around because much of the empire was not in Sub-sahara Africa. The terminology of sub Sahara Africa is very wing
Re: The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings by PAPAAFRICA: 3:28am On Nov 24, 2013
[img]http://libweb5.princeton.edu/visual_materials/maps/websites/africa/denham/denham4.jpg[/img]
When the sultan gives audience to strangers, he sits in a kind of cage, made of the bamboo, through the bars of which he looks on his visitors, who are not allowed to approach within seventy or eighty yards of his person.
Narrative of Travels and Discoveries in Northern and Central Africa
Re: The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings by vanderHeist: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
Fulaman198:
You already have turned it around because much of the empire was not in Sub-sahara Africa.

Yeah, I know, I used term sub - Saharan Africa inappropriately, sorry ;o I have read pretty much about African history.

By the way, Basisop's fury was a bit unexpected for me grin

Thanks for the last image.

(1) (Reply)

Life Of A Nigerian Woman/wife / Some Interesting Facts About Race And Racism / Disowning Your Nigerian Son Because He Chose To Marry An American Caucasian Woma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.