Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. (22657 Views)

Dr Martin Luther King Jr The False Prophet God Spoke About Specifically / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Wednesday 27th March 2013 Relating With Enemies By Pa / Praying For Your Enemies To Die, Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by ono(m): 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
^^ You don't know how relief swept through my soul after reading this sermon by this great man.
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by GetGuide: 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
So love your enemies like yourself
Enemies am living my life

-n other word love yourself

?
Vvvvvvvvvv
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
ono:
''But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you'' - Luke 6:27.

This verse is from satan not JESUS
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
If only people all over the world can actually listen to and practice this, the world would be a better place to live in.

1 Like

Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by indoorlove(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
A man who is always good would bring himself to ruin among great numbers of Men who are not, therefore, for a prince to maintain his authority he must learn how not to be good and either use this knowledge or refrain from using it as the case maybe- The prince
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by OME1(m): 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
Brb
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by IAMBREEZY: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
nyere84: Love kwa?? My enemies??

No, No.

To be sincere..., my enemies dont need love. Esp, the witches and wizards on this Nairaland.
hmmm
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by ekaromail: 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
Love is indeed all that we need.

www.amazon.com/Karo%20Oforofuo/e/B00B3OADWC/ref=la_B00B3OADWC_rf_p_n_feature_browse-b_1?rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_82%3AB00B3OADWC%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A618073011&bbn=283155&ie=UTF8&qid=1385315005&rnid=618072011
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by Thebrightest(m): 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
I dreamt that dangote begged me for money

1 Like

Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by DonaldGenes(m): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
Xking: https://www.nairaland.com/1529685/born-gay

them qo soon arrest you guy
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by checkdate(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
chinaman666: Christianity makes no sense. In the Old Testament, the Israelites were punished for not completely committing genocide to their "enemies" as decreed by their god. In the New Testament, we're told to love our enemies and turn the other cheek.

COMRADE, IF WE START CHECKING FROM YOUR USERNAME, ONE WILL ONLY ARRIVE AT BEEN SCARED OF YOU.
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
Frankly, I am not interested in loving my enemies.

1 Like

Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by chinaman666(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
checkdate:

COMRADE, IF WE START CHECKING FROM YOUR USERNAME, ONE WILL ONLY ARRIVE AT BEEN SCARED OF YOU.

Don't change the topic. I'm just saying this religion is full of deep contradictions.
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by buoye1(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
Willgates: I tire for d things were dey make fp here o
. Abeeeegy park well....if na Tonto dike's story na u go b 1st to comment!.....#smello
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
"The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool." - Ps 110:1

We are not supposed to love our enemies but instead we are to make our enemies our footstool.

1 Like

Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by chinaman666(m): 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
MrBible: "The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool." - Ps 110:1

We are not supposed to love our enemies but instead we are to make our enemies our footstool.

I don't know about you, but if I had a footstool, I'd love it.
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by ugoezeik(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
nyere84: Love kwa?? My enemies??

No, No.

To be sincere..., my enemies dont need love. Esp, the witches and wizards on this Nairaland.
hahahahahahahahaha as I dey laf nw my toothpick just fall enter my latrin
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by ugoezeik(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
Thebrightest: I dreamt that dangote begged me for money
witches n wizards r rili in dis nl, bro pls anyday u wakeup frm ur slumber u let me knw
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by Seaen(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
Thank you for this God Bless you.
ono: After the terrible ordeal I went through earlier this year in the hands of loved ones, I sought for ways to have peace with myself and them. So far, it has been futile. But yesterday, the daily verse from the Bible site I read was about forgiving our enemies.

''But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you'' - Luke 6:27.

I was dumbfounded by that verse of the Scripture. For a while, I couldn't think straight. If the Lord had not rescued me from the hands of those people, I probably would be dead meat by now. How is it then that the Lord commanded us to do this? - maybe he wants us to just want him fighting ALL our battles.

Then, I typed the words: ''how to love your enemies'' into google search engine, and several sites popped out - as usual. But I picked this particular one, because after reading through (it's very long but interesting), I got some direction on how to go about it. And it was a sermon on the topic by the famous American Baptist Pastor, Martin Luther King. Now on a second thought, I decided to share with folks on this board. Happy reading - if you can!

I found there's an audio recording of the sermon too - so you can play that back, if you want to listen to it.
http://mlk-kpp01.stanford.edu/index.php/encyclopedia/documentsentry/doc_loving_your_enemies/
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by abbeysteph: 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ur dream na d opposite,just get sack full of groundnut because u go drink garri tire in life.singing ebenezer obey eni ri owo re loju ala ton dunnu ...............guy u nid serious prayer
Thebrightest: I dreamt that dangote begged me for money
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by joyidarauko: 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
I love martins Luther he his the founder of my church Lutheran Church God will continually bless him for me
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by musicwriter(m): 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
Thank God I read this piece. This's so inspiring!.
Have mercy upon me oh Lord!
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by ugoezeik(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
luv my enemy? Wat if wen he comes in d night to steal kill n destroy, shud I still luv him or kill him in return? Pls I need an answer to dis question
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by buoye1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
Nairaland
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by Ememinyang2(f): 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2013
[quote authorWillgates]I tire for d things were dey make fp here o[/quote]
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by isalegan2: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
MrBible: "The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool." - Ps 110:1

They'll trip you up the first chance they get. Footstool koo, forklift nii. (No offense to the bibeli mimo.)
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
overrated.
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by mospiy2k: 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
GOOD TALK
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by dabrake(m): 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
Why should I love my enemy? Which kind nonsense be this?

By the way, I didn't read the article.
Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by God2man(m): 11:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
Great message of love.

Love is redemptive, love is creative. It is not Eros or Phillia but Agape love, loving without expecting anything in return. I would rather die than hate you.

Hatred is like a cancer. When you hate, you can't see straight, your vision is blurred or distorted, you can't stand upright, you can't see right. When you hate you see beautifull as ugly, you call the ugly beautifull. Hatred will destroy the whole world, but Love, i mean Agape love will make this world a better place.

God bless you, op, for this inspirational message.

God2man.

2 Likes

Re: How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
Martin Luther King is a freaking traitor. Black Americans because of segregation owned their own businesses and were on the way to building a prosperous black nation within a nation, until he told them to abandon everything and integrate with the
white folks, now they don't own Poo and are fvcked up in the head. If he was still alive he should be arrested and put on trail for treason.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masturbation Is An Invitation To Demons / 10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / Philippines Sing In Igbo At The Lord's Chosen Church (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.