Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here (10871 Views)

Contact Us For Your Petcare And Needs / Pet Boarding And Other Related Pet Services... / Petcare Support Industry Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by dasparrow: 8:27am On Nov 24, 2013
Welcome Nairalanders to the petcare thread!

My aim of creating this thread is to give dog owners an opportunity to ask questions about proper dog/pet care. I realized from reading other dog related threads on this forum that many dog owners seem to have several questions pertaining to proper dog care such as what to feed their dogs or how to combat skin problems in dogs. Some dog owners are curious to know how to rectify behavioral problems in their dogs while other dog owners want to learn a thing or two about basic dog grooming. Dogs come in various breeds from your local bingo to the foreign breeds like the Lhasa Apsos, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, etc and they all have different care needs in order to grow into strong healthy dogs.

So this thread serves as an avenue for dog owners to post any questions they might have regarding proper pet care. If you are not sure of what to feed your dog, post a question. If your dog's fur/hair is falling out, feel free to ask for ways to combat that problem. If you are a cat owner, a pet rabbit owner, or a pet bird owner, please feel free to ask any questions you might have as well. I will make every effort to provide you with well researched answers to your questions while other experienced knowledgeable long term dog owners and veterinarians in the house are equally welcome to make valuable contributions. I am a long term dog owner and a pet/canine enthusiast and have spent the last couple of years as a hobby avidly reading and researching on everything canine/pet care related. I also took a certificate course on basic animal health in the university back in the United States.

So, let the questions roll in! Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by omonla555: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
how
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by chinedumo(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
I am a kitty owner.

What does it mean when it starts running around in circles, running round the house a great speeds without stopping
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Leadn(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
BRB... I'm prepping my questions...
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by babadey(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice one op. When is it best to castrate a male dog, how much is it done @ a vet clinic and is it wise to do it maself? smiley
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by flolancracker: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
seun, when will naira land have a pet and animals section?
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2013
My dog is fund of pecking me and kissing me,hope it has no health implication for me even though shes a healthy dog,i bath her everyday and she has her tooth brush but she doesnt let me brush her teeth properly so i've stopped it sha.shes always tired of leaving her mouth opened and likes chewing the tooth brush

2 Likes

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Damojo: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
My lhasa apso doesnt like to stay/sleep in his cute kernel again, he barks all night if i try it. He would rather stay outside, within the veranda like a real watchdog. cry
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
Where can I buy a parrot either male or female... Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by koligs: 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
There is this pet I have at home that brings in money on a daily basis!!! It's called the quail birds... I want to ask why the male quails shouts
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by koligs: 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
odun4love: Where can I buy a parrot either male or female... Thanks
Haha, if you need a parrot, buy the OP!!! Lol
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Lilknight(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
omonla555:

Can the dog eat Eba and Amala?
only eba, provide its flourished with smoked fish and nice soup!
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by dridowu: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
Vet Doctor in d house , u PM me
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by YomiYarzo: 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
Nice thread, not a pet owner yet but am planning on getting Dogs
Pure Breeds intrested in, in order of preference includes
- Rott
- BullMastiff
- German Sheperd

Please buzz if there's any for Sale
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by whatofyou: 3:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
I have seen so many dogs that I am fed up with 'em! Dasparrows, can you get me a male kitten of the cat on left side of the picture? If you can, let us do business.
Back to the unforgiving world, landlord is banging on my door early in the morning saying he can't wait for his 'dues' forever.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by NadiaSA1(f): 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
I have two cute hamsters cheesy
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Geniusvic(m): 3:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
I have two Alsatian dogs.. Both 4 months old.. I need help on how to stop the annoying biting.
And also I used an aluminium sheet for the floor of their kennel, is that ok? :-D
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by nolia66(f): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
So happy about dis trend,I own 5 lhasa apso and dey r all healthy apart 4rm 1 dat just developed a skin problem right after she gave birth to 4pups wen she was less dan 1,cld it b possible dat she developed dis problem cos of her young age at the tym she gave birth..her skin rite nw is scally n discoloured,n its giving her an unpleasant smell,n her hair has stopped growing at some certain places were d skin problem is worse,I cnt take her out no more because of this n she used 2 b my finest dog,its really giving me great concern n I wld b rly grateful if u cn enlighten me on wat 2 do 2 help her.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Mesopotamia(f): 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hi OP,hw can i stop/curb my rott from digging?
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
Wow! I love this thread!
Introducing my pets: cats; Roxy & Brandy(kittens); Haseeha(royal colour/mixed) and Teemy(brown/golding).

3 Likes

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by iterator25: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
chinedumo: I am a kitty owner.

What does it mean when it starts running around in circles, running round the house a great speeds without stopping
it sighted awon iya mi oshoronga

3 Likes

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by UjSizzle(f): 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2013
koligs: There is this pet I have at home that brings in money on a daily basis!!! It's called the quail birds... I want to ask why the male quails shouts
Probably tryna make itself attractive and 'mateable' to any available female grin
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by UjSizzle(f): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
Mesopotamia: Hi OP,hw can i stop/curb my rott from digging?
Is it a puppy? He probably needs othe fun activities to keep him busy.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
I naturally love cats! What u thinking abt my cats guys?

1 Like

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by seyideco(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
Gt dis GS, he eats anyfin on sight,shoes, slippers, bucket, mats etc... Now he's on chain 24/7 and I don't luv pets on chain... Hw can I correct dis?
Cos I leant beating her won't solve buh makes matas worst!
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by UjSizzle(f): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
seyideco: Gt dis GS, he eats anyfin on sight,shoes, slippers, bucket, mats etc... Now he's on chain 24/7 and I don't luv pets on chain... Hw can I correct dis?
Cos I leant beating her won't solve buh makes matas worst!
Geez she's active animal. What you need to do is house train her. She needs to chew, so buy her toys and most definitely a rope. Whenever she munches on anything else other than what's hers, correct her, replace with what's hers, and praise.
If you plan on training her yourself, then you might wanna get lil dog treats as rewards for when she's being a good girl.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by UjSizzle(f): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2013
Usbeel: I naturally love cats! What u thinking abt my cats guy?
They're cute smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by francoflex: 4:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
Pls I don't undastand my dog can u make him talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Fast Solution To Ticks, Fleas And Lice / New Boerboel Owner; Suggest Feeding And Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.