Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here (10873 Views)

Contact Us For Your Petcare And Needs / Pet Boarding And Other Related Pet Services... / Petcare Support Industry Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by dasparrow: 9:38am On Nov 28, 2013
Geniusvic:
Whoa! thanks a lot..
it's not self mutilation, it's my legs and hands they keep biting.. I really need to know how to correct this before they grow bigger..
Wat if I use wood instead of tiles in place of the aluminium sheet, is that ok as well?
I feed them with dry dog food @ 5am, milk @6am.Rice mixed with wet dog food/beans/moi-moi//okpa @12pm then custard powder+milk @5pm.. I give 'em fried fish, meat and bones almost daily.. I also add vitamin supplements to their food twice a day.. Are these ok??

Okay, thank goodness it is not self mutilation. You should give your dogs bones and chew toys to chew because when dogs are puppies and are teething, they need something to chew on. Its soothing to their gums. Dogs also need bones to chew on even when they become adults. I think wood should be okay for your kennel's floor. Just make sure the wood is treated if not when the raining season comes, you will have to deal with termites. Also make sure the wood is smooth so the dogs don't get any wood splinters into their paws (see attached picture). Don't give dogs fried food. All that grease is not healthy for them the same way fried food is not exactly healthy for we human beings. Give your dog boiled meat and fish with no seasonings. Dogs do not have sophisticated taste buds like people do. Other than that, I think your dogs should be fine.

1 Like

Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by marylandcakes: 1:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
chinedumo:

thanks you this is generous of you.

What exactly is a soft ball?

Whry did u add 'oji' to my name. lol

My apologies for mispelling your name. A soft ball is a soft round toy for cats, you can get them from the pet shop or make one yourself as long as it can roll and not bigger than a tennis ball.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by marylandcakes: 1:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Shimshark: I hav a cat.. I see him only 1ce or twice a week. Havnt seen him dis week yt.. Only God knws where he goes..

I think your Cat has got another owner who feeds it. Do you have feeding times for your cat? Does he like the food you give it? Cos some cats can be fussy about food. A few times ive tried to introduce a different brand of food and my Cat in protest would stay out and refuse to eat and come to me crying like a baby, the food will spoil in its plate and i will have to throw it away and give it the brand it is used to before she will eat it. I dont think i will be happy not seeing my cat for a day. She goes outfor a couple of hours but spends most of her time in doors.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Geniusvic(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
dasparrow:

Okay, thank goodness it is not self mutilation. You should give your dogs bones and chew toys to chew because when dogs are puppies and are teething, they need something to chew on. Its soothing to their gums. Dogs also need bones to chew on even when they become adults. I think wood should be okay for your kennel's floor. Just make sure the wood is treated if not when the raining season comes, you will have to deal with termites. Also make sure the wood is smooth so the dogs don't get any wood splinters into their paws (see attached picture). Don't give dogs fried food. All that grease is not healthy for them the same way fried food is not exactly healthy for we human beings. Give your dog boiled meat and fish with no seasonings. Dogs do not have sophisticated taste buds like people do. Other than that, I think your dogs should be fine.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by doeying(m): 8:32am On Dec 10, 2013
I hope this thread has not died oo...i have some questions...:-)
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Emmadgud(m): 8:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
Huz I have poultry farm comprising of 350 layers of nearly 7months old. But to my greatest suprise,up till now,only ten have started layering egg daily upon a huge qantity of layers feed they constume daily. Pls lf there is any thing am not doing right,some one should let me now pls, am getting fade up.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by popoolagroup(m): 6:40am On Jul 05, 2014
YomiYarzo:
Nice thread, not a pet owner yet but am planning on getting Dogs
Pure Breeds intrested in, in order of preference includes
- Rott
- BullMastiff
- German Sheperd

Please buzz if there's any for Sale
contact me
+234701846310
popoolagroup@gmail.com..
mind u pedigree dogs don't come cheap as quality cannot be priced.
Regards,
Popoola group.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by dasparrow: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Emmadgud: Huz I have poultry farm comprising of 350 layers of nearly 7months old. But to my greatest suprise,up till now,only ten have started layering egg daily upon a huge qantity of layers feed they constume daily. Pls lf there is any thing am not doing right,some one should let me now pls, am getting fade up.

This thread is about pet care of animals like dogs, cats, rabbits, etc.

There is an excellent thread on this forum on poultry farming. I will provide you with the link so that you can post your question there and the wonderful Nairalanders who are also into poultry farming will be happy to assist you.

Here is the link to the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/640716/starting-poultry-farm-blog

All the best!
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by dasparrow: 12:22pm On Jul 06, 2014
doeying: I hope this thread has not died oo...i have some questions...:-)

It is alive and kicking! LOL

Feel free to ask any petcare related questions you might have.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by DocAdray(f): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice thread OP, good job.

...from, a Veterinarian in the house...
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by jeff1607(m): 5:52am On Jul 08, 2014
How do I know am the pack leader and not my dog?is it just wen walking?
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by UjSizzle(f): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
jeff1607: How do I know am the pack leader and not my dog?is it just wen walking?
The dog walks you instead of the other way round.
Sleeps on your bed and refuses to get off when you ask it to.
Walks out the door before you do.
Bullies other dogs.
Growls when you try to take away it's food.
And generally tries to manipulate you to do what it wants.

The list isn't exhaustive though.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by jeff1607(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
ujsizzle:
The dog walks you instead of the other way round.
Sleeps on your bed and refuses to get off when you ask it to.
Walks out the door before you do.
Bullies other dogs.
Growls when you try to take away it's food.
And generally tries to manipulate you to do what it wants.

The list isn't exhaustive though.

Den I guess am d pack leader.when I first got her she did most of dat so I thought mayb she was taken from her litter too early but now all that has changed
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by wahabdisu: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2015
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by duyilekan98(m): 1:19am On Nov 14, 2015
I am planning on getting a male and a female rotweiller dog, and I live in an apartment building with no private space to myself. Do u think it is advisable to keep them indoors ( in my one room apartment ). What happens when I go to work?, I don't want to get back one day and find my apartment in disarray. What should I do?
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by knyte(m): 3:32am On Nov 15, 2015
duyilekan98:
I am planning on getting a male and a female rotweiller dog, and I live in an apartment building with no private space to myself. Do u think it is advisable to keep them indoors ( in my one room apartment ). What happens when I go to work?, I don't want to get back one day and find my apartment in disarray. What should I do?
House training a rottie isn't a joke cos this a medium/heavy sized breed. They can look all cute and loving when young but as they grow u want to set a bridge BTW ur personal space and Dem encroaching it. Leaving the dogs unsupervised and them not damaging wires, pee on probably ur bed isn't impossible but it requires great deal of work. My advice is simply make Dem understand there's ur space and deres theirs. Good luck sir
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Geniusvic(m): 3:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
Pls how can I send a 5 month old puppy to a client in Lagos from Owerri?? I need info ASAP.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by systematicdog: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
dasparrow:

Thank you for your question. According to an article that I read on PetMD, most veterinarians recommend that you castrate your dog between the ages of 6 - 9 months. When it comes to the cost, it varies from one vet clinic to the next. You will have to call or visit a vet clinic close to you and inquire how much the veterinarian charges to castrate a dog. It is not wise to castrate the dog yourself because castrating a dog is like performing surgery and if you are not a veterinarian, you will just end up killing your dog. Its like asking if one can perform a cesarean section on their pregnant wife when the person is not a OB/GYN doctor or surgeon. Things like that must be left for the professionals only.

An in-home training provided the owner the opportunity to have the dog trained in his home. This can be a great option for owners who have health problems or limited mobility that makes it hard for him/her to take the dog to the training center.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by imeyalo09: 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
Get more infor about pet care here and also win a lots of freebies. Visit http://pethealth.top
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by willbling(m): 11:48pm On May 19, 2020
Pls i need hay for my guinea pigs
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Osehpaul(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2020
There is a trending case of dogs bleeding from there nose. What could be the cause of this?
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by Valentinothomas: 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2023
Welcome to Cats Advisor, the ultimate resource for all things feline! Whether you're a seasoned cat owner or considering adopting a furry friend, Cats Advisor is here to guide you every step of the way. Source for more about Privacy Policy - Cats Advisors.
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by lebroske: 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2023
My puppy dog body hairs are pulling off. Especially when he is using his leg to scrash his body. It's a BOERBOEL puppy dog. I want to know if that's how their hairs pull off as they mature or something is wrong somewhere. I need an advice pls. Thanks
Re: The Petcare Thread: Ask All Petcare Related Questions Here by NexLoaded: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
Get the best dog beds recommendations and interesting dog training tips at Pawsitive Tips

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Fast Solution To Ticks, Fleas And Lice / New Boerboel Owner; Suggest Feeding And Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.