Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? (1231 Views)

10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by UyiIredia(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2013
. . . or any other religion for that matter. Though I ask because fortunately or unfortunately, the only religions on Nairaland are Christian, Islam and a small pagan set.

So what do you think of an ex-Christian ? Closet (like myself) or open ? What do you think will bring him/her back ? And if he dies without repenting what do you think ? Hell ? Purgatory ? 'God will judge' ? etc What do you think if he turned for another religion like Islam ? Or maybe a lesser respected one like paganism, Hinduism or Buddhism ?

Your thoughts please.

Hope this one gets to FP.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by DKJaleel: 9:36am On Nov 24, 2013
I think of an ex christian as someone who has really upgraded his/her level of reasoning, someone who has evaluated life from logical perspectives with deep neutral thoughts, and who has failed not to ignore the facts of history.
Depending on the ex sha, but It's going to take something extraordinary to bring this kinda person back, considering the fact that the individual has probably seen that its weaknesses outweigh its strenghts by teratons, and the legendary levels of hypocrisy, mediocrity and contradictions.
If such a person dies without repenting, well, i dont see anything happening. No heaven/hell/purgatory. What other thing is involved after death?? Maybe reincarnation.
An ex christian who turns to Islam, well, in short, that person took a downward step. cant say of other religions cos i dont know much about them.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 24, 2013
I see that individual as one who has allowed him or herself to be misguided by him or herself or someone else.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2013
There is no heaven and hell,when a person dies,he reincarnate.
SIMPLE!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:23am On Nov 24, 2013
We are all human. Dont just bring your dick to my face.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Lordlexyy: 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
Pathetic, to say the least. I believe that person had allowed senselessness in the name of logic, reasoning and self evaluation base on what he listened to, to deceive and lure him from the truth. He may console himself as much as possible denying the essence of God, but his conscience bear him witness that there is God, and the only way to Him is through Christ. He may hide under the excuse of self discovery, but we all know it is simply an attempt to hide from accountability b4 God to self gratification. He hide under 'all religions lead to God', but we all know it is another way to satisfy their immoral desire. No religion, practice or belief like Christianity that point man to God in fellowship, relationship and oneness totaly devoid of servitude. No religion or practice or belief that deals with the issue of morality like Christianity does. Several religions and belief system were formed or embrace by people with flimsy excuses and fault findings who felt Christianity and its tenets is too hard to abide in especially with the emergence of Christ Jesus. So they went ahead to believe whatever their mind wanted them to believe, that is idolatory. Such practice, religion, belief, works and their adherence will surely receive eternal damnation.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by UyiIredia(m): 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
Lordlexxy you harsh o ! So na all these bad belle you hold for me ! So suppose say I die and the news reach Nairaland, u go join talk say I dey go hell. SMH.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by tobechi20(m): 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
I see them as strong people who have opted to make a decision without being influenced by their majority and environment.

Their decision could be wrong. Both the will power is there.

If they change to another and another,i see them as confused
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
tobechi20: I see them as strong people who have opted to make a decision without being influenced by their majority and environment.

fair enough.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
Their choice
Their life
Their business
Mind yours!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by UyiIredia(m): 6:15pm On Nov 26, 2013
peppy luv: Their choice
Their life
Their business
Mind yours!!!

Okay. Tho' I will admit curiosity as to if you wouldn't discriminate against them.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
@dk jaleel;
by DK Jaleel: 9:36am On Nov 24
I think of an ex christian as someone who has really upgraded his/her level of reasoning, someone who has evaluated life from logical perspectives with deep neutral thoughts, and who has failed not to ignore the facts of history.
Depending on the ex sha, but It's going to take something extraordinary to bring this kinda person back, considering the fact that the individual has probably seen that its weaknesses outweigh its strenghts by teratons, and the legendary levels of hypocrisy, mediocrity and contradictions.
If such a person dies without repenting, well, i dont see anything happening. No heaven/hell/purgatory. What other thing is involved after death?? Maybe reincarnation.
An ex christian who turns to Islam, well, in short, that person took a downward step. cant say of other religions cos i dont know much about them.
Thank you
as to Islam, how much do you know? being born to it is just being an opportunist 'muslim'. you gat to take to accept it upon conviction as adult.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hmmm. that depends on what you dumped Christianity for.. your new wife can't be worse than your ex Girl-friend y'know.

But there is an innocuous danger in changing philosophies or beliefs or ideals that very few consider when they take that step, i.e you must keep an open mind (less cynical mind) regardless of the levels of crassness you feel from other faiths or belief systems. This is to avoid a psychosomatic condition known as Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissistic Personality Disorder AKA ITK (I too know)

The usual trend (esp. on nl) is for such individuals to suddenly know-it-all (beyond reasonable doubt)

I hope you sir do not fall into that trap. it is a journey not a destination.. it does not end only gets better
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by bolaino(m): 7:56am On Nov 27, 2013
@uyi, deep down inside u, u know that hell and heaven is real, listen to your heart and listen to your elders, they know better,
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 27, 2013
bolaino: @uyi, deep down inside u, u know that hell and heaven is real, listen to your heart and listen to your elders, they know better,

Fear is a negative energy. Fear is an indicator that something is wrong or faulty,therefore anyone who promotes fear promotes panic and imbalance. Hell can be real for you if you feed it with your thoughts. Because the human brain can creates whatever energy you feed it,then you will create a place of torture for yourself

Love is the opposite of Fear. Love is "UNCONDITIONAL and UNLIMITED" Love never judges,nor does it promote fear. Hell fire can never be promoted by a being who loves. In fact because love is unconditional, it will do everything possible to discourage fear and will never support the idea of a place where poor people are tormented.

Besides we all make up what you call God anyway. If you think God is speaking to you,you are the one talking to yourself. You wouldn't have imagined a place like hell if you hadn't been taught that idea in the Church. A bit of common sense can help dissolve your fears

I had a hard time convincing my daughter Santa clause is not real. She still believes it does tho

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 27, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
SIMPLE!!!

Exactly! We are all energies using this limited body as a vehicle. We the body worn out,we change to another...simple! Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
SIMPLE!!!

Exactly! We are all energy using this limited body as a vehicle. We the body worn out,we change to another...simple! Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by macof(m): 9:56am On Nov 27, 2013
tobechi20: I see them as strong people who have opted to make a decision without being influenced by their majority and environment.

Or haven't found the enlightenment their consciousness hungers for
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by macof(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2013
bolaino: @uyi, deep down inside u, u know that hell and heaven is real, listen to your heart and listen to your elders, they know better,

Ur comments are always full of hypocrisy and uselessness.

Do u listen to ur elders? Do u listen to ur ancestors?

u talking about knowing heaven and hell is real, have u been there?
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 27, 2013
Lordlexyy: Pathetic, to say the least. I believe that person had allowed senselessness in the name of logic, reasoning and self evaluation base on what he listened to, to deceive and lure him from the truth. He may console himself as much as possible denying the essence of God, but his conscience bear him witness that there is God, and the only way to Him is through Christ. He may hide under the excuse of self discovery, but we all know it is simply an attempt to hide from accountability b4 God to self gratification. He hide under 'all religions lead to God', but we all know it is another way to satisfy their immoral desire. No religion, practice or belief like Christianity that point man to God in fellowship, relationship and oneness totaly devoid of servitude. No religion or practice or belief that deals with the issue of morality like Christianity does. Several religions and belief system were formed or embrace by people with flimsy excuses and fault findings who felt Christianity and its tenets is too hard to abide in especially with the emergence of Christ Jesus. So they went ahead to believe whatever their mind wanted them to believe, that is idolatory. Such practice, religion, belief, works and their adherence will surely receive eternal damnation.

There you go again. Your way is the only way,other people are gonna burn and die. Such is the state of your retarded mind.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
Fear, Uncertainty are the basis of Faith... a crude method at Discovery
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by UyiIredia(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2013

I had better ressurect a past thread that discussed your beliefs. BTW the late elders of my elders didn't believe in hell as preached by Christians, Muslims or Judaists. They believed in joining their ancestors.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by tpiar: 12:32am On Dec 23, 2015
What am I supposed to think?
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by analice107: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
Thank you @Lordlexxy.
Thank you @Voltron.

If you must leave one for the other, you must be certain, there's a way there.
@Ops, you asked what happens to someone who decides to leave Christianity to, say Islam.

Am In interested in "LEAVE". You left Christianity to Islam, for a reason(which affects ur life physically and spiritually), but if you go into Islam and also discover reasons why you must LEAVE, can you LEAVE?
How many doors are in Islam? Its only ENTRANCE no EXIT. EXCEPT IN A COFFIN.

When you consider leaving Christianity, go with this in mind, No other God invites you to come join Him in the table for a heart to heart chat. Only Yahweh does that. No other god, says to you reprove me if am wrong in my dealings with you, by asking you(mere man), to bring ur points. To present ur own case. to State ur matter clearly. Tell Him, where he has cheated or is unjust towards you.

In Isa41:21. Yahweh says to You, are you angry at what I (Yahweh) is doing? then, "Produce your Cause(case), bring forth your STRONG REASONS. let's talk abt it.

Do you feel used? do you feel cheated by me? do you feel I shd have done this instead of that? " Then COME LETS REASON TOGETHER. DON'T BOTHER ABOUT YOUR SINS, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE AS RED AS CRIMSON, I WILL MAKE THEM AS WHITE AS SNOW, EVEN IF THEY ARE AS DARK AS SCARLET, I WILL MAKE THEM IS CLEAN AS WOOL. just come, let's talk.
which other god invites you to this kind of a relationship?

With other gods, you default you die. With Yahweh, you defaults, He gives u a chance to make amends. He practically woos you back.

Its in the face of obstinacy that He allows you get what you CHOSE. The road you choose, determines your destination. Yahweh does not burn anybody. You choose if you want to get burnt or not.
We are here shouting everyday, like John the Baptist, in the Wilderness, REPENT. LET THE EVIL DEPART FROM HIS EVIL WAYS. LET HIM WHO LIES, LIE NO MORE, LET HIM WHO STEALS, STEAL NO MORE. IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE SEX, THEN MARRY. We are considered lesser humans, by the "elite", but a time will come that we shall begin to say, LET HIM WHO STEALS, STEAL STILL, LET HIM WHO LIES, LIE STILL. For the time is up.

@Ops, make hay, when the sun shines, so that you can dry them.

Jesus say, " I work when its yet day, for the night cometh, when no man can work.

Satan will deceive you through the smart mouth atheists here. Most of them are closet satanists. They have signed a pact of how many souls they'll derail, for a promise of "what exactly?" because when the chips are down, you and Satan will be equals in hell. none higher in rank than the other.

Most folk think that, Satan is the master over hell fire. lol. Satan is not instrumental to the creation of Hell, he has absolutely no power over what will, or will not happen in Hell fire.
Melin, believes Hell is Paradise where he will reign with Lucifer as a Prince. It will so blow on his face, when he shall see Satan as weak as him in Hell fire, when that day comes.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by UyiIredia(m): 4:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
And I once heard a voice say 'The astral system is self correcting.'
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Humblebloke(m): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
analice107:
Thank you @Lordlexxy.
Thank you @Voltron.

If you must leave one for the other, you must be certain, there's a way there.
@Ops, you asked what happens to someone who decides to leave Christianity to, say Islam.

Am In interested in "LEAVE". You left Christianity to Islam, for a reason(which affects ur life physically and spiritually), but if you go into Islam and also discover reasons why you must LEAVE, can you LEAVE?
How many doors are in Islam? Its only ENTRANCE no EXIT. EXCEPT IN A COFFIN.

When you consider leaving Christianity, go with this in mind, No other God invites you to come join Him in the table for a heart to heart chat. Only Yahweh does that. No other god, says to you reprove me if am wrong in my dealings with you, by asking you(mere man), to bring ur points. To present ur own case. to State ur matter clearly. Tell Him, where he has cheated or is unjust towards you.

In Isa41:21. Yahweh says to You, are you angry at what I (Yahweh) is doing? then, "Produce your Cause(case), bring forth your STRONG REASONS. let's talk abt it.

Do you feel used? do you feel cheated by me? do you feel I shd have done this instead of that? " Then COME LETS REASON TOGETHER. DON'T BOTHER ABOUT YOUR SINS, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE AS RED AS CRIMSON, I WILL MAKE THEM AS WHITE AS SNOW, EVEN IF THEY ARE AS DARK AS SCARLET, I WILL MAKE THEM IS CLEAN AS WOOL. just come, let's talk.
which other god invites you to this kind of a relationship?

With other gods, you default you die. With Yahweh, you defaults, He gives u a chance to make amends. He practically woos you back.

Its in the face of obstinacy that He allows you get what you CHOSE. The road you choose, determines your destination. Yahweh does not burn anybody. You choose if you want to get burnt or not.
We are here shouting everyday, like John the Baptist, in the Wilderness, REPENT. LET THE EVIL DEPART FROM HIS EVIL WAYS. LET HIM WHO LIES, LIE NO MORE, LET HIM WHO STEALS, STEAL NO MORE. IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE SEX, THEN MARRY. We are considered lesser humans, by the "elite", but a time will come that we shall begin to say, LET HIM WHO STEALS, STEAL STILL, LET HIM WHO LIES, LIE STILL. For the time is up.

@Ops, make hay, when the sun shines, so that you can dry them.

Jesus say, " I work when its yet day, for the night cometh, when no man can work.

Satan will deceive you through the smart mouth atheists here. Most of them are closet satanists. They have signed a pact of how many souls they'll derail, for a promise of "what exactly?" because when the chips are down, you and Satan will be equals in hell. none higher in rank than the other.

Most folk think that, Satan is the master over hell fire. lol. Satan is not instrumental to the creation of Hell, he has absolutely no power over what will, or will not happen in Hell fire.
Melin, believes Hell is Paradise where he will reign with Lucifer as a Prince. It will so blow on his face, when he shall see Satan as weak as him in Hell fire, when that day comes.

Not again.... The usual I'm on the right path, and anyone who does share my beliefs will rot in hell...don't you religiotards ever get tired....this theory is plain 5tupid

People dump the arabian theory for the jewish theory and vice versa..... Its no news....

The God(s) theory will not make sense to everyone
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by benodic: 10:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
@ op

your list of religions on nairaland is a bit short . you forgot to mention ECKANKAR, the religion of the light and sound of God which is the third duly registered religion in Nigeria .

I was once a. Christian before I left it to become an ECKist.

I have absolutely no regrets leaving Christianity and indeed regard myself most fortunate for finding the teachings of ECKANKAR in this lifetime.

as per heaven and hell both exist but they are not physical locations. they are states of consciousness.

a state of consciousness that is filled with hate . anger greed etc is already in hell and will be naturally drawn to places, people and circumstances that are hellish in nature whereas a state of consciousness that is filled with love is already in heaven as it will also naturally gravitate to places that is filled with love even after death.

so no matter the religion you find yourself endeavour to fill yourself with love and then give that love to all life without bias or discrimination for God is love and Love is God.
Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
Hello to all.

Religion and Spirituality are not one and the same thing. Belonging to a religious group, denominations or movement, is not a requirement to serve/worship God. GOD did not create any church/temple and is therefore not concerned with whatever labels we give ourselves.

Look at the Universe. The sun shines for all of us, irrespective of our religious inclinations. When it rains, it affects everyone Christians and muslims alike. Religion is therefore inconsequential. What matters is how we live in accord with the laws of GOD.

If you are a Buddhist and you sow Potato in a fertile soil, you will reap Potatoes in greater quantity than your original seed (other things held constant). Likewise, if you are a muslim and you sow a mango, the earth will not refuse to produce mango because you are muslim. You will reap Tomatoes according to your seed. Hence the determinant factor here is not your religion, but the simple principle of sowing and reaping.

This analogy shows that what matters is how we conform to the Laws of GOD applied in the whole cosmos, and not our religion. If any religion was indispensable for salvation, God would have made that religion available everywhere at everytime. If not, some individuals born in a certain period of time or locality when/where that religion is not available would be disadvantaged, and it contradicts the Justice of GOD.

Thus, we should struggle to bestir our spirit and listen to the voice of GOD with our heart, for our heart is equipped with the necessary tools to perceive the Truth and worship God.

I wish you all blessings.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of People Who Dump Christianity ? by UyiIredi(m): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
tobechi20:
I see them as strong people who have opted to make a decision without being influenced by their majority and environment.

Noted. And this is why I have a beef with psychiatrists. Drug are important but schizophrenia involves delusions. My conversions to Christianity since that first 2013 were linked to a state of psychosis. That explains the voices, it doesn't explain the involuntary motions I had.

My confusion results from a mental disorder.

Here's the thing. If I poiny to you what I wrote in and actually believed that state you will see there where things you would accept and other 'strange stuff'.

(1) (Reply)

Is Masturbation For Medical Test A Sin? / Ancient Quran Discovery Suggests Muhammad Did Not Pen Islamic 'scripture' / I Thought I'd Be Killed When I Converted To Christianity, Fuji Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.