Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? (13532 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Osaze Odemwingie Win Epl Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
So a lot of people here have been clamouring for Osaze to be re-called to the Super Eagles recently, I just want to know....WHY? Sentiments apart, irrespective of past glory, with the sole focus being his current form and playing time, does Osaze really deserve a call-up? Aren't there better players in better teams that can replace the likes of Ideye and Musa if necessary? Why do Nigerians get a kick out of re-cycling old bones? Aren't there younger, fitter, more agile Nigerians that are more deserving of a call-up? Why must it be Osaze?

5 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
we need him more than ever, though he has to put his ego aside and really pledge to the national team.

he deserves a call up.

15 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
Dj zzyzx: we need him more than ever, though he has to put his ego aside and really pledge to the national team.

he deserves a call up.
an interesting choice of words, we 'need' him. Please tell us why we NEED him? Aren't there others that can perform better but haven't had that chance? Will his exclusion from the WC deplete our chances of having a good outing?

4 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Forzap: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! He deserves it,if players lyk reuben gabriel nd mba can make d list,why nt super OSAZE?

2 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Forzap: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
IMO,osaze is beta dan all our wingers expect moses

7 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
Forza p: YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! He deserves it,if players lyk reuben gabriel nd mba can make d list,why nt super OSAZE?
why should he make the list? Putting his current form into play, why not the likes of Joel Obi, Ike Uche, Haruna Lukman? Why Osaze?

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Forzap: 10:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
safarigirl: why should he make the list? Putting his current form into play, why not the likes of Joel Obi, Ike Uche, Haruna Lukman? Why Osaze?

joel obi?i bet u dont even knw his current club,he's out of form,uche nd lukman? i agree,buh i stil belive super OSAZE shld be re-called,we nid sum experienced players lyk him to beef up d team,super OSAZE is alwayz a plus,gbabe!!
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Obiagu1(m): 2:35am On Nov 25, 2013
The question should be: Can Osazie make CSKA Moscow team that Ahmed Musa plays for as a regular?

The answer is NO, Osazie is not better than Musa.

10 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 25, 2013
We don't need him AT ALL. lets stop acting as if we are going to die without him. Where was he when we won AFCON, qualified for the world cup and played 2-2 (with our semi-weaker team) against italy

Honestly, if we must say that we "need" someone, that person is definitely ike uche who is banging goals left, right, center for his team villareal

7 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by andyanders: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
safarigirl: So a lot of people here have been clamouring for Osaze to be re-called to the Super Eagles recently, I just want to know....WHY? Sentiments apart, irrespective of past glory, with the sole focus being his current form and playing time, does Osaze really deserve a call-up? Aren't there better players in better teams that can replace the likes of Ideye and Musa if necessary? Why do Nigerians get a kick out of re-cycling old bones? Aren't there younger, fitter, more agile Nigerians that are more deserving of a call-up? Why must it be Osaze?

Well spoken. To me, Osaze should concentrate on internet which has helped to destroy him with is twits and allow younger players to do the job. Nobody is bigger than Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by yoji: 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
safarigirl: So a lot of people here have been clamouring for Osaze to be re-called to the Super Eagles recently, I just want to know....WHY? Sentiments apart, irrespective of past glory, with the sole focus being his current form and playing time, does Osaze really deserve a call-up? Aren't there better players in better teams that can replace the likes of Ideye and Musa if necessary? Why do Nigerians get a kick out of re-cycling old bones? Aren't there younger, fitter, more agile Nigerians that are more deserving of a call-up? Why must it be Osaze?
U still don't get it. As far as Nigeria is concerned, performance at the world cup is not our priority. The world cup is just a reward for our favourite players, and with so many white pple on display, we too need our favorite half caste.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by mumumugu(m): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
Yes As a replacement for brown iyeye

2 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by sambos994(m): 6:27am On Nov 29, 2013
If anything, we need Lukman, Aluko, Azeez, Lawal, Uche. Osaze should only be recalled if he doesn't divide the team or go against the coach's words.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2013
yoji:
U still don't get it. As far as Nigeria is concerned, performance at the world cup is not our priority. The world cup is just a reward for our favourite players, and with so many white pple on display, we too need our favorite half caste.
I'm sure Osaze is not the only mixed Nigerian that can play, we can find more the same way we found him.

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Forzap: 8:26am On Nov 29, 2013
OSAZE wil make it to d world cup,weda u like it or not,quit hating on him cool

12 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by brio(m): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2013
Osaze is going to work cup na! He is the best winger will have currently

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 11:02am On Nov 29, 2013
Forza p: OSAZE wil make it to d world cup,weda u like it or not,quit hating on him cool
of course he'll be at the World Cup, he can go with Nigeria's Supporters Club.

21 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 11:05am On Nov 29, 2013
brio: Osaze is going to work cup na! He is the best winger will have currently
once upon a time, Uche was our best striker, now it's Emenike. We can find a better winger with ease, we have 7 months till the World Cup, enough time to find replacements for certain people.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Osaze was at the last world cup

we did not win

if Keshi considers him useful to his team, fine
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
@Safarigirl,world cup is around the corner,players need to compete for shirt.Osaze being called up doesn't guarantee him a place in the world cup squad,rather it will bring a unique and healthy competition among the players.We need a strong squad for the world cup,inviting him and other players will serve as a leverage.

3 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
striker9: @Safarigirl,world cup is around the corner,players need to compete for shirt.Osaze being called up doesn't guarantee him a place in the world cup squad,rather it will bring a unique and healthy competition among the players.We need a strong squad for the world cup,inviting him and other players will serve as a leverage.
just remembered Keshi has a 50-man list, I assume the 23 will come from that list i.e there's Osaze and 26 other dudes competing with the current 23, so why is emphasis being put on Osaze like the others are non-existent? I support competition, but no one is thinking of the other 26 that could compete with our regulars when 20 of those could be eons ahead of Osaze in skill and raw hunger to achieve. Osaze isn't interested in winning, he just wants to be at the World Cup, we need people who want more than just an appearance.

5 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
safarigirl: just remembered Keshi has a 50-man list, I assume the 23 will come from that list i.e there's Osaze and 26 other dudes competing with the current 23, so why is emphasis being put on Osaze like the others are non-existent? I support competition, but no one is thinking of the other 26 that could compete with our regulars when 20 of those could be eons ahead of Osaze in skill and raw hunger to achieve. Osaze isn't interested in winning, he just wants to be at the World Cup, we need people who want more than just an appearance.
I believe big boss just wanna satisfy some people,many has been chanting for Osaze's call up.I prefer Osaze to Ideye.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by safarigirl(f): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
striker9: I believe big boss just wanna satisfy some people,many has been chanting for Osaze's call up.I prefer Osaze to Ideye.
even Osuofia is better than Ideye, but is Osaze better than the other ten or more forwards who'll be competing for Ideye's position?

Keshi can have his fun by keeping us guessing if he wants, but I just don't see Osaze in that squad

1 Like

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by striker9(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
safarigirl: just remembered Keshi has a 50-man list, I assume the 23 will come from that list i.e there's Osaze and 26 other dudes competing with the current 23, so why is emphasis being put on Osaze like the others are non-existent? I support competition, but no one is thinking of the other 26 that could compete with our regulars when 20 of those could be eons ahead of Osaze in skill and raw hunger to achieve. Osaze isn't interested in winning, he just wants to be at the World Cup, we need people who want more than just an appearance.
its obvious Keshi doesn't need him,with the likes of Ameobi and Dike that have shown there seriousness,Keshi already has a list of player that will make it to the world cup.He will only work on standby players like Ik Uche,Taiwo and Osaze,in case any of the 1st team player picks up an injury.I'm an Osaze fan,but nobody is bigger than the team,the team has been through developmental stages together and won't be very easy anyone to break into without hard work.Keshi already has his list,and I don't think Osaze can make it,its kinda late.

4 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by Olugbenger(m): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2013
No, he doesn't deserve it.
i can't remember the last time he made frontpage until now!

angry angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:42am On Nov 30, 2013
What matters is who the coach needs. Only those the coach needs deserves to be called up.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by godwinony(m): 11:44am On Nov 30, 2013
he has played over a decade of international football with Nigeria and has scored less than 10 goals..smh
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by damosky12(m): 11:45am On Nov 30, 2013
If Osaze is in form and has got his attitudes right, He will sure give more options to the Super Eagles attack. I think he deserves a call up
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by EmperorAugustus(m): 11:47am On Nov 30, 2013
Point of correction: Osaze is not living on past glory. The man is still doing well, and deserve a place in the national team.
Re: Does Osaze Odemwingie Deserve A Call-up? by EmperorAugustus(m): 11:49am On Nov 30, 2013
You guys haven't given him enough opportunity. He can deliver just as he is doing with his club.
godwinony: he has played over a decade of international football with Nigeria and has scored less than 10 goals..smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Super Falcons Abandoned After Win Over Banyana — NFF / Super Eagles To Play Italy In Friendly Match On November 18 / Jadon Sancho Has Now Deactivated His Instagram Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.