Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,408 members, 7,781,187 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:22 AM

What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? (2538 Views)

List Of Yoruba Dialects / Ooni Of Ife Warns Against Distortion Of Yoruba History / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
^^^@Belltwelve, thanks so much for the positive insight, our destinies are intertwined. You have stated "the sacred fact", all that go on here will continue forever, but your single post above hold the truth. Mind you, I don't pray that this stops, or that people should take to your 'ultimate secret', it is more of competition here than anything else. It is the Arena, Every gladiator is scheming to win the issue at stake for personal believe system. I don't think we are looking for anything other to 'win', nobody want to be a loser and all cannot win. The winner must present the 'ultimate secret'. You are sort of a winner, are you me? smiley
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by belltwelve(m): 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
@ ladionline
You and Macof seem to be running an intellectual marathon battle/debate across several threads. I'm munching my pop corn as I watch and learn from two scholars. smiley

ladionline: ^^^@Belltwelve, thanks so much for the positive insight, our destinies are intertwined. You have stated "the sacred fact", all that go on here will continue forever, but your single post above hold the truth. Mind you, I don't pray that this stops, or that people should take to your 'ultimate secret', it is more of competition here than anything else. It is the Arena, Every gladiator is scheming to win the issue at stake for personal believe system. I don't think we are looking for anything other to 'win', nobody want to be a loser and all cannot win. The winner must present the 'ultimate secret'. You are sort of a winner, are you me? smiley
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2013
belltwelve: @ ladionline
You and Macof seem to be running an intellectual marathon battle/debate across several threads. I'm munching my pop corn as I watch and learn from two scholars. smiley

don't mind macof, he likes to disturb me to teach him some things that he should be able to do himself, he is a good jolly fellow, he is my biggest admirer and he is doing his things his own way.
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by macof(m): 11:25pm On Dec 05, 2013
ladionline:

don't mind macof, he likes to disturb me to teach him some things that he should be able to do himself, he is a good jolly fellow, he is my biggest admirer and he is doing his things his own way.

Am beginning to think u have mental problems
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 11:00am On Dec 06, 2013
macof:

WOW!
macof:

WOW!
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 11:47am On Dec 06, 2013
You never suprise me, the fact that I am able to solve some imponderble puzzles is getting you frustrated. And I can't help your outburst, "oun tii dun ni nii po loro eni". This is what you are preaching all along: bestiality. And thats why you want to drag Yoruba into your "brotherhood of the beast". You are incapable of intellectual discourse, so I am your self-appointed nemesis. Go and be Ife Terracotta apologist. They will take you in as equals. One day the serious looking terracota will speak. they will teach you what you are dying to know.
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
^^But they can never teach you anything that is outside the coverage area of their ongoing conventional scholarstic concerns. They know a lot with less to offer. But that is not where knowledge ends, except theirs perhaps. Think. That's what you should be able to do. But you can be your own problem with your iconoclastic fervour, you will be destroying an ample opportunity to learn and share just to sound stupid and mediocre always ever. Yet, one thing will lead to the other and I will be discover as a resource person right here soon and wont have your time or ever know you. Sell your idea, the world is reading you. Dont spoil the day for others with your weakness.
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 11:38am On Dec 08, 2013
There is an adage reputed to Pa Abraham Adesanya of blessed memory. He said 'eshin Oloyo lo jah. 'Kari' won mbani wa, 'kamari' won mbani wa, 'Kari-kale wogbe' iyen na mba ni wa. What this mean is that three set of mindests animate individuals out to help Oloyo recover his lost horse, namely we-must-find it, we-must-never-find-it and, we-must-scare-it-farther-into-the-bush-if-we-ever-spot-it. By their fruit we shall know them. Happy weekend.
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by macof(m): 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2013
Funny thing is the person who claims to know all and debunk all people is the one that knows nothing<<< Ladi u still have nothing to offer

You one of the people wasting space on this forum
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2013
Thank you macof, I AM THE FUNNY THING, I HAVE COME TO STAY. you are not capable of forming automatic intellectual review of available Yoruba historical resource, you are in a Fix, rigid world. I am your self appointed nemesis, I am to teach Yoruba, you are to teach about me. I AM YOUR INSTITUTION, you will keep studying every of my moves and be crying of my 'overbearing knowledge?' itk, but I'm sorry, you can never ever comprehend your master evertongue
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by macof(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
ladionline: Thank you macof, I AM THE FUNNY THING, I HAVE COME TO STAY. you are not capable of forming automatic intellectual review of available Yoruba historical resource, you are in a Fix, rigid world. I am your self appointed nemesis, I am to teach Yoruba, you are to teach about me. I AM YOUR INSTITUTION, you will keep studying every of my moves and be crying of my 'overbearing knowledge?' itk, but I'm sorry, you can never ever comprehend your master evertongue

undecided
The bold is actually in line wit u. There's nothing u offer to this "Yoruba history" that u claim to know

All u do is post long yarns and parabolate as if anything resourceful is to be reviewed.

You best retire to another hobby, Yoruba history is a fail for u
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2013
Today was quit blissful, a new Idea is validated by an elderly Yoruba man for my (our) good. Were talking of ulterior meaning of some Yoruba words or expression. My instinct tells me 'share this with good folks, its beautiful'
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2013
The expression I'm talking about goes thus: 'afaimo, kawo masun l'ebi' You know what one can make out of that from instant meaning would be 'it is [un]certain, the knowledgeable one will go to bed on empty stomach tonight' but I beg to disagree.
Re: What Is The Precept Of Yoruba History? by ladionline: 11:35pm On Dec 15, 2013
The right meaning of that expression is 'except for lack of knowledge, the seer must not go on empty stomach to bed!'. The elder (my friend's dad precisely) was astonished. He got the illustration that a 'hungry' traditionalist or religious leader can 'prey' on our superstitious beliefs at the last minute of the day. That's survival instinct that goes with but any trade. Think about it. Reading 'The 8th habit', (somewhere via OBJ Farm, Ota). Good book by Stephen Covey. Good nite.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Do Igbos Feel Shy speaking Igbo / Enjoy My Awori Historical Praise Poetry / These Clever Drawings Will Make You Question Everything Wrong With The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.