Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor (15271 Views)

Crowd At Port-harcourt Airport To Welcome Dakuku Peterside.pics / Crowd At Port-Harcourt Airport To Welcome Wike From Abuja (Photos) / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by PaulJohn1: 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Contractor promises completion of new airport in Osun State by May 2014

WorldStage Newsonline-- Aeronautical Engineering and Technical Services company handling the contruction of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido Osun, in Osun State has assured that the project will be completed by May 2014.

According to the company's Project Supervisor, Engr. Abubakar Abuyaro, the airport's 3.5 kilometers runway when completed will be the longest in the country.

Addressing Governor Rauf Aregbesola and his entourage on a visit to the site in Ido-Osun, he said it would beat the Muritala Mohammed International Airport and the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja with 3 kilometre and Abuja 2.8 kilometre and 2.8 respectively.

Aregbesola, who was conducted round the airport by the Project Supervisor, inspected the runway for aircraft which is under construction and other facilities at the airport.

Abuyaro said that largest part of the work on the airport is on the runway, which progress has been slowed down by this year incessant heavy rain.

According to Abuyaro, that majority of the excavation work that needed to be done could not be carried out during the rainy season in order to ensure a quality job.

"Fifty per cent of the earth work on the runway, which is the most important part of the job, has been achieved. Rainy season is gradually going to an end. As soon as rainfall subsides, work will definitely go at a high speed in the airport, which after completion, is going to be one of the best airports in the country," he said.

Abuyaro, who explained that a solid base is needed for the 3.5 kilometres runway, which he said will be the longest in the country, disclosed that all the hydraulic structures, which form the drainages and culverts for the runway, are being constructed now in other to speed up the job.

He stated further that the form work for the precast drainages are already on ground and casting work is going on everyday so as to speed up job when the rai rain stops.

Engr. Abuyaro noted that when completed, the airport will be one of the best and one with the longest runway in the country, saying that the length of the runway of an airport determines the aircraft the airport can accommodate.

He said that the MKO International Airport is being built to accommodate the Boeing 737 aircraft series.

Governor Aregbesola, who commended the company for its diligence to work, also inspected the East By-Pass Road to ensure that they contractors do quality job and delivered on agreed date.

The project being handled by a Turkish company, Slava Yeditepe, is to complete the circle of rings around the state capital and ensure no traffic bottlenecks are created as the state capital witnesses rapid developments.
http://worldstagegroup.com/index.php?active=news&newscid=11831&catid=27

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by PaulJohn1: 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Earlier than I thought.

Model and more about the airport here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1454755/model-mko-abiola-international-airport

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by agbameta: 11:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
Paul John: Earlier than I thought.

Model and more about the airport here;
https://www.nairaland.com/1454755/model-mko-abiola-international-airport

Definitely not some kabukabu repainted village airport...

Ile Oodua omoluabi o ni baje o...

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by PaulJohn1: 11:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
agbameta:

Definitely not some kabukabu repainted village airport...

Ile Oodua omoluabi o ni baje o...

Amen, Ase...
Osun A Dara.
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by RedReact: 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
May God help and empower the state with all the financial power it neds to get this project achieve by the said year (amen). Please, what are the duo of Oyo and Ekiti governors doing recently? They are not appearing on the news in terms of aggressiveness the duo of Ogun and Osun are putting up all these while.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by isalegan2: 12:08am On Nov 25, 2013
Paul John: Contractor promises completion of new airport in Osun State by May 2014

WorldStage Newsonline-- Aeronautical Engineering and Technical Services company handling the contruction of MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido Osun, in Osun State has assured that the project will be completed by May 2014.

According to the company's Project Supervisor, Engr. Abubakar Abuyaro, the airport's 3.5 kilometers runway when completed will be the longest in the country.

Addressing Governor Rauf Aregbesola and his entourage on a visit to the site in Ido-Osun, he said it would beat the Muritala Mohammed International Airport and the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja with 3 kilometre and Abuja 2.8 kilometre and 2.8 respectively.

Sounds good! Pictures would be nice. smiley
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Brimmie(m): 12:48am On Nov 25, 2013
Am just happy it's a Cargo Airport.

It 'll be of use to people of Oyo State, Ondo, and Ekiti State instead of the ever busy Muritala Muhammed Airport.. that your stuffs be using weeks before it can get to your State or Place.

Aregbe is the combination of Awolowo and Bola Ige.

Osun A Dara Oo! Osun Ti'n Dara Oo!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by PaulJohn1: 1:28am On Nov 25, 2013
Brimmie: Am just happy it's a Cargo Airport.

It 'll be of use to people of Oyo State, Ondo, and Ekiti State instead of the ever busy Muritala Muhammed Airport.. that your stuffs be using weeks before it can get to your State or Place.

Aregbe is the combination of Awolowo and Bola Ige.

Osun A Dara Oo! Osun Ti'n Dara Oo!

Ogun planned constructing her own cargo airport, it's already been included in the just approved 2014 budget. Meaning you shouldn't have hope of all the states you listed up there patronizing MKO abiola airport when completed, that why it's needed that Osun takes the cargo airport business serious and make the airport a preferred option. Also, Ondo(Akure) and Oyo(ibadan) already have their passenger airport respectively, making it a 'no option' to consider making it(Osun airport) a passenger airport. Mko Abiola airport when completed would be the second cargo airport in the region(Lagos' first), this I think is enough to make it viable.
The government of Osun seems to be serious with the project IMO; first is by making the runway the longest in the country
...the airport will be one of the best and one with the longest runway in the country, saying that the length of the runway of an airport determines the aircraft the airport can accommodate
And by completing it earlier than we thought(as stated by the contractor).
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by geeez: 6:32am On Nov 25, 2013
Visionary

Impressive

Laudable

I never really like the design of the terminal building but being a cargo airport, I think it's just good

God bless Ogbeni
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by KwoiZabo(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2013
Firstly: This post have made front page without even having 4 comments.

Secondly: ppl in the S-West will start praising their Govs. for developing their State capitals when the rural Areas are in deplorable state.
it shows that these state house of assembly members are puppets that just sit and eat money without ensuring even distribution of the state's resources. My village in Anambra state has tarred roads, it has portable drinking water, petrol station, gas station, many small scale industries even the micro-finance/community bank in my village is bigger than most new generation banks in cities a private University not so far away and other big Govt. institutions and Agencies which i'll not mention before you decode where i am talking about. i'll not talk about the private buildings because houses you find in my village are better than that you find in Maitama. No wonder the state has the lowest level of poverty in the country.

its not about Airports but projects that has direct bearing on the well being of the ordinary people.

i am waiting for the responce of these APC e-rats undecided

6 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by LMAyedun(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2013
GoodNews there.
I pray there won't be a change of story.
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Lilimax(f): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2013
Good to know.
The Gov. said the airport will have 3.5 kilometres runway,
which he said will be the longest in the country sad?

Is he competing with other airports in Nigeria undecided?

I think the Governor should focus on getting it right and making the airport
functional instead of rubbing shoulder with other existing airports.

*Hope the construction will not later become an abandon project undecided*

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Tolexander: 9:28am On Nov 25, 2013
Paul john, stop deceiving me o!
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 25, 2013
E Ka'ro Sir Mr John Paul, I have a question. Being a Cargo Airport, can Passenger Aircrafts still use the Airport? Say during Hajj pilgrimage or commercial airline from Abuja to Osun? I'm from Osun State. Thanks.
Osun Ti N Dara.
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by 9jahubcom(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2013
lets hope
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Olaide1295: 9:37am On Nov 25, 2013
This is good news!!
If each state here in d southwest has an airport(either passenger or cargo) each...then dis region is developing
its good enough dat everyone has to come down 2 lagos 2 leave d country but a cargo airport is just overwhelming
i cant but think of d employment opportunities and rapid development dat d presence of an airport would provide.
God bless southwest,God bless Nigeria
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by emekatimsu(m): 9:41am On Nov 25, 2013
seems like owing an airport is now d latest trend for all d states in Naija. Even Abia state govt hv d plan of constructing one next yr. But sometimes i wonder what positive impact ds airports have in the life of an ordinary Nigerian who is still finding it difficult to pay TP from westcoast Nigeria to Eastcoast Nigeria. Am sure next tin dey will say is that it will create employment. Abeg,no be today, e don tay jor.
All ds govanor shuld stop tryn to invest in not too relevant tinz and concentrate on providing d basic tinz of life to her citizenry 1st.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by lordjay: 9:42am On Nov 25, 2013
Please last I checked Akwa Ibom International Airport has a runway length of 3.6km which still makes it the longest in Nigeria. Or is 3.5 now greater than 3.6?

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by EzePromoe: 9:44am On Nov 25, 2013
Why do we always see this only on paper?

White elephant project undecided
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by MillionDollars: 9:55am On Nov 25, 2013
OGUN STATE NEEDS AN AIRPORT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Like if u agree

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by muchmonie(m): 9:55am On Nov 25, 2013
KwoiZabo: Firstly: This post have made front page without even having 4 comments.

Secondly: ppl in the S-West will start praising their Govs. for developing their State capitals when the rural Areas are in deplorable state.
it shows that these state house of assembly members are puppets that just sit and eat money without ensuring even distribution of the state's resources. My village in Anambra state has tarred roads, it has petrol station, gas station, many small scale industries even the micro-finance/ community bank in my village is bigger than most new generation banks in cities.

where is your village in Anambra state
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Pedagogue: 9:56am On Nov 25, 2013
Good development.

But pls, let's stop this praise heaping mentality.

The reason why elected public officials see themselves as Demi gods is because we praise them for doing their work!

It's their duty to build,construct, implement projects and justify allocations. That is why they earn salaries!

Until we change our mentality,they'll continue to exploit our ignorance

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by incrediblestev: 9:57am On Nov 25, 2013
Another thoughtless and miscalculated ego-riding project with little or no viability.....
cargo airport in a state that is largely rural with little or no serious economic activities going on there.... Lagos and may be Oyo states are the only SWest states that can be talking of such project not rural osun state. what is the essence of building an international cargo airport in a state whose economy does not rely on shipment of goods or buying and selling..... how many big businesses are in Osun state to warrant a white elephant project.... na wa for all these our leaders sef.... Dem can sabi do rubbish just to look busy.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by yetunsbay(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2013
KwoiZabo: Firstly: This post have made front page without even having 4 comments.

it shows that these state house of assembly members are puppets that just sit and eat money without ensuring even distribution of the state's resources. My village in Anambra state has tarred roads, it has petrol station, gas station, many small scale industries even the micro-finance/community bank in my village is bigger than most new generation banks in cities a private University not so far away and other big Govt. institutions and Agencies which i'll not mention before you decode where i am talking about. i'll not talk about the private buildings because houses you find in my village are better than that you find in Maitama. No wonder the state has the lowest level of poverty in the country.

solely attention seeker
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Olugbenger(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2013
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by pek(m): 10:10am On Nov 25, 2013
I was thought in journalism that No matter how interesting a news is, if it is not backed by pictures, then it is just stories!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by pek(m): 10:11am On Nov 25, 2013
pek: I was thought in journalism that No matter how interesting a news is, if it is not backed by pictures, then it is just stories!
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by chucky234(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2013

it shows that these state house of assembly members are puppets that just sit and eat money without ensuring even distribution of the state's resources. My village in Anambra state has tarred roads, it has portable drinking water, petrol station, gas station, many small scale industries even the micro-finance/community bank in my village is bigger than most new generation banks in cities a private University not so far away and other big Govt. institutions and Agencies which i'll not mention before you decode where i am talking about. i'll not talk about the private buildings because houses you find in my village are better than that you find in Maitama. No wonder the state has the lowest level of poverty in the country.

its not about Airports but projects that has direct bearing on the well being of the ordinary people.

First class bad belle
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by oladapolif: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2013

Your East States this and that, if you all goodies are in South East, what igbos spare part sellers and garri shop owners are so plenty in Lagos, too much hype South East.. Showcase your south east and dont die of anger on NL. if u die of hatred, you wont make front page ooh.. maybe Trending...lmao

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Dannylux: 10:41am On Nov 25, 2013
--
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by Dannylux: 10:41am On Nov 25, 2013
This thread would be tribalized in no time.
Re: MKO Abiola Airport To Be Completed By May 2014- Contractor by babaireti(m): 11:03am On Nov 25, 2013
oladapolif:

Your East States this and that, if you all goodies are in South East, what igbos spare part sellers and garri shop owners are so plenty in Lagos, too much hype South East.. Showcase your south east and dont die of anger on NL. if u die of hatred, you wont make front page ooh.. maybe Trending...lmao
You are too much:bi ashense lonbi won ninu,Up Omoluabi,up S/westerners:if u don't like these regional developments then you can go hug a transformer.Nonsense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Fixing Wrong People In Strategic Positions – Dino Melaye / Constituents Collate Signatures To Recall Simon Lalong / Reps Summon Magu, Emefiele, Peterside, Over Alleged Stolen $17bn Oil Proceeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.